Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

December 31 2004

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 221 replies

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS 2005-11-27 08:55 ]

OK people, this sound like an opportunity for BIG FUN, who's in
Mahalo,
Al

Oooooohh..... my schedule is relatively flexible, I might be able to do this... lemme do a bit of homework.

Man this sounds like fun!

I'm not sure yet though. We're pretty tapped right now being that property taxes, my dad's birthday, my parent's anniversary and holiday expenses kicked the living shit out of us (excuse my French)... but we're going to see if we can pull some strings. Hopefully, we'll see you all there!

O

What days are you thinking? We may be up for some fun and sun.
:drink:

Hey, I (purposely) didn't really plan anything during the holidays...did not want to stress out....but a few day getaway might be the thing!

This is a good enough offer to tempt me. I dont have any days off during the week except the fridays before christmas and new years.

Is anyone thinking perhaps a new years eve party at Caliente and have rooms/beds within stumbling distance?

no driving, no cops, no trouble...

Hmmmm..... New Year's Eve party at Caliente Tropics? Let's just say: "Count me in!" Just the getaway I need! Thanks, Casey, I'll be calling for my room.

-Weird Unc

C

...Operators are standing by WeirdUncleTiki

On 2004-12-21 18:36, CaseyJPS wrote:
...Operators are standing by WeirdUncleTiki

Indeed they were! An operator named Casey no less! I'm booked into The Tropics... see you all for a nutty New Year's Eve! WOW!

-Weird Unc

O

We too have booked for New Year's eve & day. Can't wait to see you all again.
Thanks Casey!!

WORK WORK WORK .... errrm... killer deal at the Caliente... WE'RE IN!!!
Mahaloz,
Holden

What? Forsake Pasadena on New Year's? Mighty tempting...

Tina yer in Pasadena?

on New Year's...

A

booked

H

Booked for New Year's!

Okay, I've got my tux pressed. Now... who's bringing what and who's running the hospitality suite? Travelling with booze'll be tough for me, but I'll certainly make a run to the local fine spirits house once in town. Fun!

-Weird Unc

H

It usually falls to Al to run the hospitality suite for these shindigs... Al, how are you feeling about this? If you're looking forward to playing the host, I wouldn't want to take that away from you (and I'd happily contribute any way I can), but on the other hand, if you'd like to take this turn out and relax for a change, I'd happily take a stab at the mixology. Let us know. If nothing else, I'll at least contribute some drink mixing supplies, and I'll bring my uke.

Weirdunc's tux quip does bring up the point... we're a come-as-you are group to be sure, but do we want to go dressy for our intimate little soiree? It is Palm Springs. Ooh la la.

M
mig posted on Wed, Dec 22, 2004 5:16 PM

Hmmmm.... this is very tempting.

gears in head are spinning

we shall see!

M

On 2004-12-22 17:16, mig wrote:
Hmmmm.... this is very tempting.

gears in head are spinning

we shall see!

I know what you mean!!

M
mig posted on Wed, Dec 22, 2004 5:23 PM

gears in head spinning even faster

MEESTER SCOTT, IT JUST MIGHT WORK!!!

carpool from bay area?

tee hee!

what about The Modesto Plan?

Weirdunc's tux quip does bring up the point... we're a come-as-you are group to be sure, but do we want to go dressy for our intimate little soiree? It is Palm Springs. Ooh la la.

Don't forget the party hats! And the ukulele's!

M
mig posted on Wed, Dec 22, 2004 10:09 PM

Hmm... this is looking more and more likely. And it's looking that it might be me, my gf, and my mom too! heehee

Casey, I couldn't make it out there until the day of the 31st... will call tomorrow to figure it out.

[ Edited by: mig on 2004-12-23 00:32 ]

casey - what's the internet situation at your hotel?

C

All King Deluxe rooms have dial-up connections. You have to pay the connect charge and any toll charges that may apply. Complimentary High-Speed RoadRunner access is available in the Tahitian Lanai rooms which are $135/nt now through December 30 and $225/nt for New Years' eve and January 01.

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-12-23 15:04 ]

booked
Fri & Sat night.

We obviously will get together on New Years eve but does anyone have fun ideas to spend some of our daylight hours together?

Our group might be small enough to caravan around to see some sights (bring walkie talkies).

Bocci ball on the lanai? Board games? Thrifting?

Not sure how warm the weather will be for swimming...

C

For daytime entertainment:
SPA SERVICES:
Try the tropics RETREAT for facials, massages, and bodywraps in a Polynesian Hut setting
GOLF: Try the brand new Indian Canyons Golf Resort (1.25 miles south of the Caliente tropics Resort, in the canyon)
SIGHTSEEING: The Tram (there's snow at the top now and the skies are very clear--it's spectacular!)
PETANQUE: New courts available at The Parker Palm Springs
DINING: Norma's for breakfast/lunch/brunch at The Parker Palm Springs--THIS IS A REAL EXPERIENCE. Pricey but very unique menu: Cheesey French Toast, Risotto Oatmeal in a Crisp Bowl, Foie Gras French Toast to name just a few
Mr. Parkers opens next week--the new "in" restaurant in the valley, for dinner only, at The Parker Palm Springs
SHOPPING:
Desert Hills Premium Outlets and Cabazon Outlets
......or go to PalmSpringsUSA.com or Palm-Springs.org for more!

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-12-23 15:44 ]

H

I imagine a lot of stuff may be closed New Year's Day, which might be just as well, since we may be asleep/hung over. Miles' show is still running at M Modern Gallery, which is right on the main drag, I'll try to remember to email Jay & Mishell to give them warning that some tikiphiles will be in town. :) Mig & I know where Elvis & Liberace used to live, and we could do a wee tour. The tram ride is terrifying and a little pricey, but worth it.

Booked

M
mig posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2004 7:29 PM

I'm all for the tram ride again! :D I loved it!

Casey, I'll call as soon as everything is firmed up on my end-- should be tonight or tomorrow.

whee
mig

On 2004-12-23 15:28, CaseyJPS wrote:
For daytime entertainment:
SIGHTSEEING: The Tram (there's snow at the top now and the skies are very clear--it's spectacular!)

And don't forget to visit Sonny and Frank! 8)

A

Yes, Shelley and I will host the bar, this will be a great time. I will be booze laden from various parties and such. I will bring what's left on hand, and, we will take it from there. It is a smaller crowd, mixing and setup will be much easier. We are 90% prepared, we will make a run after a consensus is reached, and we will usher in the new year in grand style.
Mahalo,
Al

In.

Wowzee! This is gonna be a real humdinger of a zinger of a New Year's party!

-Weird Unc

M
mig posted on Fri, Dec 24, 2004 2:33 PM

Just booked it! Woohoo! Arriving dinnertime-ish on 12/31, staying two nights. Banducci's, anyone?!?

And you all can meet the foxxxxy girlfriend.

wheeheeheee
mig

[ Edited by: mig on 2004-12-24 14:34 ]

M
mig posted on Fri, Dec 24, 2004 2:36 PM

On 2004-12-24 14:04, weirduncletiki wrote:
Wowzee! This is gonna be a real humdinger of a zinger of a New Year's party!

-Weird Unc

I'm looking into the crystal ball and seeing that in a couple years, Caliente Tropics is going to be THE place to be for New Year's...

Yesssir! Me, Naomi and Diego are IN the house. Merry Christmas!

OK ok you convinced me...we are going to be there singing "135...135...135" (no lampshades on heads) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hey King!

Merry Christmas from Christina and the rest of us ... she's been practicing her ukulele for a couple of months now, and can't wait until Hukilau next year ... I hope you'll be there!

Cheers!

M

I may have lost my mind, but...

WE ARE IN!

Krustiki and I are in!

M
mig posted on Fri, Dec 24, 2004 7:46 PM

The Martiki outfit too? Forget Christmas, that's just a day that is standing between me and New Year's Eve at CT!!!

A

We are booked, but not for New Years. Dec. 28 and 29 seemed like the perfect time to get away, but we'll still be back in La La land for our New Years obligations there.

Anyone else at the Tropics when we are?

INNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Smiley and Dangergirl are passing on Modesto and heading to Palm Springs, instead!!! We will be there no later than dinner time on 12/31. Mig, Banducci's migh be cool-tell us more.

Before you all go any further about Banducci's. They have closed, permanently.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 221 replies