Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies

M

I am tired and I am waking up Tuesday to be at the 5am 100th anniversary of the 1906 quake at Lotta's Fountain on Market St near downtown, but I AM GOING tonight!! I heard some of our friends from Australia will be there tonight also. I think we are ALL thirsty! ZAZZ!

P

have fun with the ozzies. they're good folk. very nice.

On 2006-04-17 15:45, mrsmiley wrote:
I am tired and I am waking up Tuesday to be at the 5am 100th anniversary of the 1906 quake at Lotta's Fountain on Market St near downtown, but I AM GOING tonight!!

This is going to be a VERY BIG DEAL -- I spotted Channel 5 News filming there today at lunchtime. Unfortunately, I gotta sleep and will be missing the festivities.

If you can't make it to the celebrations, be sure to check out the restored quake refugee shack on display nearby. This structure was located a couple of blocks from my apartment for most of the last century. More info at http://www.outsidelands.org/shacks.php

On 2006-04-17 23:08, cynfulcynner wrote:
If you can't make it to the celebrations, be sure to check out the restored quake refugee shack on display nearby.

Does it have a bar?

On 2006-04-17 23:08, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2006-04-17 15:45, mrsmiley wrote:
I am tired and I am waking up Tuesday to be at the 5am 100th anniversary of the 1906 quake at Lotta's Fountain on Market St near downtown, but I AM GOING tonight!!

If you can't make it to the celebrations, be sure to check out the restored quake refugee shack on display nearby. This structure was located a couple of blocks from my apartment for most of the last century. More info at http://www.outsidelands.org/shacks.php

As part of a push for more affordable housing, SF is building those shacks again. You can't lease them for $3,100 a month plus utilitites, or buy one for only $589,000. People are snapping up those bargains!!

Sorry to derail the TV thread, but the event was great. It is always very touching; I found my eyes watering often. The survivors stories are the best reason to go there. Next year folks-if they can wake up that early, so can you all! :)

back to Vics, it was nice to see our Australian friends there, spreading Australian humor and talking about his Tikibeat carvings. ZAZZ!

H

:up: Yvette (Mrs. Tiki Beat), Marcus (tiki beat by marcus thorn), me, Hanford & Mr. Smiley

We had the BEST time last night, chatting with our Australian visitors! I had no idea that Tiki Beat's Marcus Thorn was going to be in town, and it was the most welcome surprise. I really adore Marcus, he and his wife were such a treat to get to know. It's so fun to meet someone from the other side of the planet, and have so much in common to talk about. They'll be at the Forbidden Island pre-opening Tiki Central party on Thursday -- make sure you get a chance to talk to them.

T

What's up with the levis in Trader Vic's? :wink:

M

LEVIS!?!? Must have been ROCKABILLY night at Vics! :)

M

I am.....oh what is that word I'm searching for?...parched? ... dry?....Oh YEAh!!! I am thirsty!!!!

H

We'll be there, too. Don't know exactly when we'll arrive, but we'll be bringing special guest Monkeyman!

I wish I could be at Trader Vics (in my levis) every week - it was so great to meet you all and HumuHumu, Hanford and Mr Smiley showed us the best of Tiki places to hang in and around San Francisco - I had a blast - it was ZAZZ!

M

It was nice meeting you Australian people! But I never could figure out why you like to put shrimp on your Barbies!

ZAZZ on!

Speaking of jeans....Does anything get between Mr. Smiley and his Calvin Kleins? ( Opps...i mean Levis....) :)

Mr Smiley we have been passing out the TC Zazz buttons in Queensland and are heading down to Sydney later this week to hand out some more - we should have Zazz all over this little island in no time! Cute Barbie - didnt notice her at our cocktail party is she a friend of Russells? Marcus wants it known that his attire that evening was in fact "Dickies" not the common Levis worn by the rest of the folk in the picture - Thanks for your guided tour of San Fran you were great.

M

On 2006-04-30 23:40, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
Mr Smiley we have been passing out the TC Zazz buttons in Queensland and are heading down to Sydney later this week to hand out some more - we should have Zazz all over this little island in no time! Cute Barbie - didnt notice her at our cocktail party is she a friend of Russells? Marcus wants it known that his attire that evening was in fact "Dickies" not the common Levis worn by the rest of the folk in the picture - Thanks for your guided tour of San Fran you were great.

You guys are ZAZZ! Last Friday night I saw a woman who sort off resembled your wife (not at pretty, though) and a guy who resembled you and I jokingly said to myself "they have moved to California!" Alas, it was not you folks, though.

International ZAZZ!!!

M

btw-i am thirsty...

MT

Although I am thirsty, I can't make it tonight. My folks are visiting from out of town. And I still don't have my voice back from all the partying I did last week!

M

I am thirsty, but I don't know if anyone else is! :wink:

H

Hanford & I are switching to the first Monday of the month, rather than every Monday, now that we're hitting Forbidden Island every Wednesday. But the Navy Grogs will be every bit as delicious without us!

M

On 2006-05-08 11:38, Humuhumu wrote:
Hanford & I are switching to the first Monday of the month, rather than every Monday, now that we're hitting Forbidden Island every Wednesday. But the Navy Grogs will be every bit as delicious without us!

I really enjoyed the weekly Mondays-I am not sure I can go cold turkey!!!

I plan on going the First and Third Mondays hereafter. How long I stay depends on who joins me. FIRST AND THIRD Mondays!! YAY! See you tonight

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY 2006-05-08 14:58 ]

MT

On 2006-05-08 11:53, mrsmiley wrote:
I plan on going the First and Third Mondays hereafter. How long I stay depends on who joins me. FIRST AND THIRD Mondays!!

Are you now going to call this event the "First-y and Third-sty" Mondays? Because not only are you the most Third-sty-esterest of all, you are now also the firstye..er..um..oh forget it!

I had a meeting at 7:00 this morning, and I'm about to leave for the retail job, and I am not thirsty, dang it.

I am thirsty!! Any one want to join me?? 6:45 pm?

UPDATE--I'M TIRED!! i will have to give myself a raincheck!

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY 2006-05-15 16:56 ]

M

I think Jim might be headed over there tonight. FI represents!

I had to work tonight. See you at Forbidden Island on Wednesday!

M

I'm FIRSTY!!! Today is the first Monday, so I will see you all at SF Trader Vics!!! ZAZZ!

rock on Lars! Yo Dawg!

H

We'll be there -- see you tonight!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies