Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies

me too, but i guess i'll have to wait...til next year!

i'm gonna go make one at home...

MT

Parched I am!

H

Good lord, it seems that all of Northern California was thirsty tonight! What an awesome turnout -- special guest Amiotiki, Tiki Vixen, Mr. Vixen, cynful cynner, Mai Tai, Coco Loco, Tiki Hula, Mrs. Tiki Hula, the jab, Mr. Smiley, Martiki, Rebecca, Hanford, Jason (old friend of Hanford's) & myself -- did I miss anyone? Capt. Midnite wasn't on the radar -- I drank your Sidewinder's Fang for you, buddy.

I have a few pictures coming soon.

While it was an absolute blast this week, something in my bones tells me next week is going to be even more special...

Zat vus zooo much FUN!!! Next veek, I DRINK. A bit. :wink:
I think a couple of my pics worked too and will try to get to 'em soon. I really must experiment with the Mavica. If it does good low light shots I am converting.

Right now I have to show Amiotiki how we thrift here in ValleyJo.

Midnite, you very naughty. Now you'll have to drink EVEN MORE Fangs when you finally make an appearance...how sad.

fangs for the memories,
tikivixen

A

What a great time! Thanks to everyone for the hospitality (loved the Sidewinder's Fang, Martiki!).

Bring it on, baby! (the thrifting, I mean!)

Gotta go get ready to go now...

amiotiki

M

Midnite, you very naughty

That isn't me in that "video", it's Barry Williams.

Apologies for going AWOL. I was busy with work (hears Martin in background chuckling)...uh, someone came in from out of town. Ummm, that bomb at Starbuck's really spooked me. My PO made a surprise visit (Martin, chuckling again).

I will go to Vic's! If I don't, the terrorists win...

midnite...loves the funk.

M

Thanks all for the big turnout- good times! See y'all next week!

M

I have been really enjoying Mondays at Trader Vics!
We did have a great turnout this week, so all I can say is "next week-be there or be Buffett!" :)

On 2006-01-10 16:39, mrsmiley wrote:
I have been really enjoying Mondays at Trader Vics!
We did have a great turnout this week, so all I can say is "next week-be there or be Buffett!" :)

well i think we may have to go. i don't want any part of the latter! cleen is off next monday so hopefully we will see you there!

Weird Unc and entourage will see the Monday Night Mitees on the 16th! We'll be taking the late shift.

-Weird Unc

M

Well, folks, it's time to be a-movin' on. Monday the 16th is my last night at Trader Vic's.

Had a great time with Vic's and it was made all the more special by seeiing everyone on Mondays and beyond. Thanks to everyone who made the trek from near and far to pay a visit.

Vic's will still be going strong into 2006 and beyond so keep heading over there for the good food, killer happy hour, and of course, Lars.

Before anyone asks, I've got a couple of offers from my old industry that I'm mulling over, so we'll see what happens.

So plan on a blowout night!

This news really sucks! Though you know we wish you only the best.
I may just have to call in sick to be there.

T

On 2006-01-13 13:46, martiki wrote:

Before anyone asks, I've got a couple of offers from my old industry that I'm mulling over...

See Martin? I told you that the transvestite lingerie modeling industry couldn't stay in a slump forever!

Seriously, that's a bummer - moreso for the Monday regulars than us lazy parents who can't make it out there on weeknights. We may try for this Monday, though. Hope it all works out for you.

Ah. I figured something was up when this Monday past Lars (I think it was Lars) said to me "enjoy it while you can."

I'm sure you're leaving for intriguing and attractive reasons, Martiki, and that's all the more excuse to make this last Martiki Monday a real blowout evening for all. :wink:

Here's to the future, from your #1 Painkiller Fan,

XOX tikivixen

p.s. Midnite, you gotta make it now!

T

It was fun while it lasted.

Monday is a holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), so you get the night off, right Unga?

MT

So sorry to hear that you won't be behind the bar at Vic's, but I'm sure you have better things opening up for you.

I certainly hope they keep serving my new favorite drink "Martin's Mistake" though! Unless, of course, you take that recipe with you to the grave. :wink:

As long as the Novato Grotto will still allow me to darken it's doorstep, I'll never be more than 28 miles from the best Painkiller ever... Vic's loss is the container shipping industries gain!

M

p.s. Midnite, you gotta make it now!

Where? ..... When? ..... There was one?

Ever get the feeling there's something going on you know nothing about? That's how I feel. Oh, and you know when you lean back on a chair, and you just about tip over, but don't? That's how I feel all the time.

I like pie. My cat's name is mittens.

midnite wiggums

Wow! I feel very fortunate to have timed my trip so that I wouldn't miss you Martiki! Thanks so much for the amazing Sidewinder's Fang - it was truly a delish treat.

Wherever you go, there you are - so make it the best of all possible experiences!

It was a huge pleasure to meet all y'all last Monday - wish I had had more energy and less fatique so I could have stayed longer - but this cross-country travel and jet lag are just harder to recuperate from than they used to be...sigh...it sucks to get old(er).

Thanks for the lovely hospitality - I feel so much more a part of the TC Ohana now!

amiotiki

M

i am thisty!

M
mig posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 3:14 PM

Count in one Gorilla* and an Apple Venus.

-mig
*his human counterpart, actually

A

How late are folks usually around on a Monday, say like tonight f'rinstance?

-Randy

M

Uusally we stay until 10pm, on average, but tonight is special and Judd is planning on arriving around 9pm, so this night I think it will be later. :)

T

On 2006-01-16 15:51, aquarj wrote:

-Randy

Until Martiki throws us out!

M

On 2006-01-16 16:07, thejab wrote:

On 2006-01-16 15:51, aquarj wrote:

-Randy

Until Martiki throws us out!

or someone throws up!

H

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight -- we'll definitely be in for the long haul. We've stayed 'til closing time several times on Monday, but I don't know when that is... 11pm? At any rate, we'll be there as late as we can tonight.

MT

So...(gasp)...thirsssty...
...must...quench.....thirst...

M

or someone throws up!

My bad.

Send that cleaning bill to me. Well, it was Puka Punch, wasn't it?

Ralph Koalaman

ps Grazie to Humu and BBTD for the cocktails. Good to see so many folks again, and meet some new ones.

MT

What a great night! Thirsty? Not any more. Sleepy? Ohhhhhh yeahhhhh.

Pics soon to follow.

really great to see everyone last night & finally meet the elusive midnite after all these years.
I need to come out more often. I see youse guys so infrequently that I get all sentimental & shit when I do.
the drinks had nothing to do with it.
that's my story & I'm stickin to it.
Love,
BigBadSappyDaddy

M

Thanks to everyone for making it a farewell bash to remember. Great turnout! I really enjoyed those nights quite a bit, and they made the Vic's experience especially memorable for me.

Little did any of you know that you were all participating in an advance cocktail research study.

The Fang will live on...

the sidewinder fang!
those were mighty tasty senor Martin.
I look forward to sucking up many more fangs in the future. (pun!)

M

finally meet the elusive midnite after all these years

That wasn't me, just an imposter. Those were my shoes, but I don't own any ugly-ass plaid pants.

*you were all participating in an advance cocktail research study. *

No problem, it wouldn't be the first time I unwittingly participated in some random scientific research experiment. Mom used to rent me out to the local community college for just that purpose. Well, that's what she told me in explaining my third, and fourth, nipple. My vestigial organ was always blamed on Dad's side of the family. Dang Slovak horse thieving gypsies!

It's not a tail, it's a caudal appendage!

midnite...aka subject #22

On 2006-01-18 07:03, martiki wrote:
Little did any of you know that you were all participating in an advance cocktail research study.

Did you take that job at Trader Vic's so you could learn how to open your own bar?

M

No, Cindy, I most certainly did not. I had thought there might be a future with Vic's, but there wasn't.

Aloha all--

Is anyone doing Vic's this Monday? We may be in the city for a noir movie anyway, so...?? mew??

tikivixen

H

We'll be there! Long Live Lars!

I'll stop by after work.....around 10:00 or so.

can't make it tonight. JAB and I suggest a new thread with alternating Mondays (or whenever Roberto works at Emeryville) between Emeryville and SF. Or something like that.

Martiki when does Roberto work?

MT

I'm thirsty!!!

M

I don't know Roberto's schedule, Im afraid. Call over to E-Ville.

Say hi to Luscious Lars for me- I don't know if I can make it...

On 2006-01-23 13:18, martiki wrote:
Say hi to Luscious Lars for me- I don't know if I can make it...

So, I'm not the only one who thinks Lars is luscious? :wink:

Definitely not! :wink:

I called Emeryville and spoke to Roberto--he is SUCH a nice guy! He's there
for sure Wednesday through Saturday, and I believe Sunday's possible also.

I thought Wednesday would probably be the best (i.e., quietest) night of the week for us to descend on him--?? He assured me he's happy to make anything, including older drinks, specials from London Vic's--just lay your requests on him! :)

Anybody up for next Wednesday at Vic's Emeryville then? I personally can't make this Wednesday as I have to go on a family trip unpleasantly early Thursday morning, and I suppose tomorrow's also rather short notice for most folks anyway...

Meow?

[ Edited by: tikivixen 2006-01-24 17:30 ]

M

I THOUGHT there WAS a new Lars thread, but I couldn't find it.

I'm thristy and hungry! See you tonight.

BTW, tonight is the last Monday that Trader Vic's is participating in the January Dine About Town special fixed 3 course meal. $31.95. Menu subject to change;
http://www.sfdineabouttown.com/enhanced_listings.asp?id=337

H

We're parched! See you around 7ish.

MT

Oh... er.... ummm..... I'M THIRSTY TOO!!!

Or at least I wuz...

Anybody up for this tonight???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies