Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies

Of course! We may have a visitor from Hoity Toity land tonight, too.

Crap, still out of town. I swear I'll finally make it to one of these soon. Hopefully Ya'll have one next week as well.

I have to be at work extra-early tomorrow because it's Valentine's Day :roll: so I have to be a good girl and stay home tonight. Dang it!

MT

Although I'm very thirsty, I don't think I can make it tonight either.

Hopefully you'll be even thirstier later in the week...:wink:

M

I am thirsty!

I'm thirsty!

M

Well, I...I'll..I'll have, uh, I'll have uh Navy Grog.

Mark it zero, dude.

Dick Midnite

I'm powerful thirsty, but have guests in from out of town.
Can't do it tonite.
Next week?

I could do with a sip 'o somethin', mebbe.
Will check with the bettah half.

I was supposed to be there tonight, but it was not to be. Hoist one for me, folks.

MT

irthsty-thay I-ay am-yay...oh forget it

I'M THIRSTY, DAMNIT!

I am STILL thirsty!!

The SF Vic's was closed yesterday for President's Day! RAZZ! :(

Man, that was disappointing! We briefly considered heading to the bar at the Chevy's on the corner, just in case others might get the same idea, but we ultimately decided that we just didn't want to hang out at the Chevy's. Instead, we headed to Trad'r Sam's, which I don't think I'd been to outside on an event. Trad'r Sam's consistently has some great chronically drunk people, and this time was no exception -- made for some great people watching. The drinks, of course, were nothing to write home about.

So, I'm not thirsty, but I sure am hungry! I miss my Salmon Lomi Lomi! Thank goodness they'll be open again next week.

Cool. glad I didn't miss out!
I'm in for next Monday.

T

I flew in from my weekend jaunt last night at 9 or so, and headed over to Shellac Shack at it's new day and time, the 3rd. Monday at the Homestead, a great old tavern that was recently restored to it's original 1902 look with tin ceiling, maroon and gold wallpaper, velvet drapes, and flickering gaslights. Then there are the 1960s nude oils hanging on the wall that look just like the ones at Albie's Beef Inn! It's pretty cozy as well because there's a wood stove in the corner. They have fresh fruit for cocktails and about a dozen beers on tap including Fuller's ESB. It truly has the atmosphere of old San Francisco.

So, now there are 2 Shellac Shacks happening: the original on the first Monday at Tony Nik's, and the 3rd. Monday at the Homestead. At both Shellac Shacks DJ Pete "Chase" Gowdy spins an all 78 RPM mix 78s of R&B, jazz, blues, rockabilly, and country and western.

Keep this in mind for post Trader Vic's Monday gatherings, which I will be attending again now that I have some new wheels!

The Homestead 2301 Folsom St. (at 19th.), San Francisco

M

This Dick is gonna try and make it next Monday. I miss Lars.

cpt. milhouse midnite

MT

Bruce and I ended up at Lincoln's Address last night. Double RAZZ!!! There are flyers everywhere anouncing their farewell bbq this weekend.

We had to be pretty careful during our conversation to not say the word "Tiki", which can be quite hard when you're hangin' with the Tiki Central posse. And of course I slipped up and blurted the word "TIKI" out quite loudly, like I had tourette's or something. But fortunately for me, no one overheard, and I didn't get my Tiki ass kicked.

"Tiki Tourette's"...for some reason that totally cracks me up. Sorry, I'd better go soak my head...

my first (uh...) useless post,
tikivixen

p.s. See you all next Monday!!! We wimped out but I guess
that turned out to be a good idea after all...actually,
it's kind of funny that the Buttercup Kitchen in Vallejo
was open but Trader Vic's in San Frantasticcisco wasn't.
I think people in Vallejo just take their eating waaay more
seriously.

On 2006-02-21 12:18, mrsmiley wrote:
The SF Vic's was closed yesterday for President's Day! RAZZ! :(

I knew they were going to be closed, and I figured y'all knew already. My roommate and I found this out when we were there Saturday night. We also found out that Lars is EAST German -- I never knew that.

I am REALLY thirsty, dangit!

Man I'm thirsty as hell, but I cannot make it tonight.

Maybe I'll try to make it to Emeryville if I can make heads or tails out of the "even Thursdays" post.

Yah, me too. Anyone else pondering a trip to Vic's tonight? I just hate the stupid "OMG IT'S RAINING!! AIIEEEEE!!!MUST GO FASSTERRRR!!!" traffic mentality...:wink:

I am thirsty! And I will be even more thirsty after closing the handbag department by myself tonight! I'll see you at around 10.

H

Ce soir je vais boire!

M

On 2006-02-27 16:00, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
Man I'm thirsty as hell, but I cannot make it tonight.

Maybe I'll try to make it to Emeryville if I can make heads or tails out of the "even Thursdays" post.

Emeryville Even Thursdays is EASY. If the date of any Thursday is an EVEN number, feel free to head to Emeryville Vic's! For example, this Thursday is March 2. BECAUSE "2" is
an even number , it is an Emeryville Even Thursday!
PS-I can't go on the 2nd, so I will have to wait until the next Even Thursday, March the 16th.

MT

I'm thirsty, damnit!!! But I don't think I can make it tonight - my folks are visiting from out of town. Plus, I've been under the weather all weekend. :cry:

Yeah, I'm a little under the weather, too--my condolences to you--sniffle

If'n we don't make it tonight, we will be all the more determined to go to E-ville this Thursday 3/2!

Emeryville Even Thursdays is EASY. If the date of any Thursday is an EVEN number, feel free to head to Emeryville Vic's! For example, this Thursday is March 2. BECAUSE "2" is
an even number , it is an Emeryville Even Thursday!
PS-I can't go on the 2nd, so I will have to wait until the next Even Thursday, March the 16th.

hooookay, I think I get it.
Thank you Dr. Smiley, I'm much better now!

On 2006-02-27 16:19, Humuhumu wrote:
Ce soir je vais boire!

Is that french for "let's party"?
rub it in!

M

I'm thirsty!

MT

I'm thirsty too, damnit!!!

I am thirsty!!! (I may be getting there later than usual tonight--maybe at 7:30) :)

H

We'll be there -- and it looks like we'll be joined tonight by a visitor from So Cal!

MT

How dry I yam...

I'm trying REALLY hard to kill this dumb cold by Monday. Grrr. I'm extremely thirsty. :wink:

i'M THIRSTY , too!

M

I think I was at Trader Vic's Monday night, in London. I know I am back in San Francisco, and I think it's Monday night here. I was at Vic's last night, and with the time difference, cross the meridian line, carry the two. Yes, I am definitely not in London now. However, I have new buddies from Australia. They bought me a Sufferin' Bastard and called me "Mac" and then "Walter". It's a long story.

Always an interesting time there. Maybe next Monday I can make SF Vic's!

Mac midnite

Next week we really ought to have a chat about doing Bay to Breakers this year!

T

Would anyone be into changing the night to Wednesday (or at least once in a while)? You see, it's "Ladies Night". So our beloved Humuhumu gets discounted drinks and food all night! Not to mention there may be some single girls there. :wink:

I can't make it tonight. I will see you Tuesday night in Alameda!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18524&forum=4&18

Bad humor.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2006-03-27 23:15 ]

H

We're heading out Vic's-ward in a few minutes. I could use a night out, it's been a hard couple of days. :(

M

I am thursty! :wink:

H

Mondays are the new Friday. We'll be there!

On 2006-03-27 12:49, Unga Bunga wrote:
Bad humor.

:D

H

Crispy Duck!

More pics from last night (almost entirely of the votives at Tony Nik's, be ye warned):

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/tonyniks/

PK

I'm Thirsty! ZAZZ!

I'm tired and have to pack up the store. RAZZ! :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies