Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies

I'm not sure how I found this website...
http://blog.airshowreview.com/2012-01-02/2011-best-photography-moments/

Making the list a second year in a row, the lovely and charming Satin Dollz pinup dancers made the top five with a photoshoot done in September at an incredible Hawaiian and Tiki themed house in Camarillo, California. When I got the call that we were going to be shooting at this ‘incredible house that’s tiki themed everywhere,’ I didn’t realize that would be an understatement. This beautiful house, tucked in a normal neighborhood has an enormous backyard with not only a Koi pond, several waterfalls, hidden shipwrecked boats, giant tiki idols, and countless other gems and perfectly picked and placed plants; but it also has a complete ‘tiki cabana’ shack and bar that is incredibly furnished with themed items in every nook and cranny. Even the restroom in this little shack has water facet knobs made from a shrunken head and beautiful seashells. I don’t think a pinup photographer could ask for a more amazing and perfect place to shoot! With nearly endless locations in this yard to do photos, we spent the day shooting all the Satin Dollz together and individually. It was a pretty incredible and fun shoot, with themed music to boot! The house has been featured in many magazines, and it’s easy to see why! It’s a photographer’s dream setting!

That is THE best Tiki Home Bar decoration ever!

K

I concur, Sven. Every tiki bar should have at least 7 Satin Dolls. Ha.

Bongo, Thanx for the bigger pics (my eyes were going to pop out from squinting)
Awesome.....

More pics?

Jon

There are more pictures in these threads from the Endless Summer Party and the Adventures in Paradise Party.

G

thi is one of the most beautiful spaces i have seen. simply amazing

Great stuff!

Ron's place will always be one of the great home bars, period!
file under : How to do it right!

Amen ATP!! I have been to The Rincon Room a few times and it is a sight to be had. Very well executed build. One of my favorite places to visit when I get the chance. :D

WOW, I'm not sure where I've been but this is the first time I'm seeing this unbelievable Tiki landmark! I can't believe my eyes, you have done an incredible job and your creation is a wonder and an inspiration for all of us. Thank you for sharing, definitely an inspiration, I will be doing some additioins and renovations to my little garage bar in the not too distant future! Best Regards!

BK

I've had the pleasure of visiting The Rincon Room, and, as great as the pictures are, they don't do it justice. In person, the place is amazing.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2017-01-04 16:07 ]

I guess I need to update the changes

Due to the amount of winds we get, the bar always had to be cleaned whenever we used it. I finally came up with a way to keep some of the dust and critters out. I had a large hinge that I built a frame for so I could attach the same corrugated metal that we used on the roof.

I attached boat cleats to a post and the awning with a rope going through a block to raise it up and secure it.

I put a thin wood covering on the inside and stained it. Then added some lightweight decor that can be seen in this photo.

I found these 8' roll up shades at Home Depot. They make them up to 10' wide and use a removable crank instead of a pull cord.

Makes a little cozier inside. Also keeps the heat out in the summer and the heat in during our SoCal winter.

Looks great Ron although not surprising coming from you.
Mahalo for sharing your wizardry.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 15, 2016 11:48 PM

Genius.

BK

Big Kahuna miss Grog! :(

This is simply stunning in its magnificence! I had never fathomed that something of this scale was even possible. I'm especially impressed with the wood carvings in the columns and beams. And the pond! Definitely gives me some ideas to chew on for future projects.

I was inspired to go check out the original Rincon Room, but darn it, all the photos in the original thread ( http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8315&forum=20&29 ) are broken. Do images exist anywhere for us Johnny-come-latelys?

R

One of my favourite bars just keeps getting better. Never get tired of visiting this thread :)

T

Your backyard is awesome!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies