Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies

Looking great! The waterfall is beautifull. Congrats on so much progress in such a short time. Can't wait to power down a bongwater in the new bar.

That waterfall and pond kick ass!!! I love Koi Fish too!!! I am officially jealous!!! Thanks for sharing.
Later,
Spermy

Groovy!

Wonderful pond & waterfall, koi are so much fun to have!

T

that pond is awesome!! kinda makes me wish i could have one, but it's kinda hard to do in a 1 bedroom condo on the 2nd floor, so koi in a fish tank do for now. it looks great!! are you putting a bridge in going accross the pond?

M

Very nice... When can we come over?

I'd say August 12th would be a good day!

M

That is sweetness Bongo. Enjoy. It makes you leave early from work everyday though.

Mahalo

Mc

P
Pyro posted on Mon, Jul 17, 2006 8:25 PM

Wow! It looks amazing.

H

I just love those bar stools, then entire thing looks great.

Thank you all again. You rock! I have been extremely busy with air conditioning service due to the weather and have not had as much time to work on it, but here is the latest.....

Detail under the a-frame over the bar

Red float on loan from the TikiTony collection

Composite deck boards for the bridge

Side trim and posts/rope yet to be installed on the bridge. We still have the original 7 koi plus Mrs. Fury's sister brought us a tadpole to add to the pond, but we have not seen it for a couple of days.

OnaTiki finished the bar tile last week and is on to other projects. Mucho mahalos for getting us to this stage and for making the long drive up each week.

Close up of the tapa detail (Mahalo to TikiTony for contacting Alan & Michael (SpongeBob Squarepants) and letting me make stencils from some of their artwork......they may also be at the ITD party)

I wired up the red float with a nice soft white light. I am tired of looking at the greenboard and look forward to detailing the interior.

Lookin' muey fantastico, Bongo!

...and All!

( where's my cabinet going?? :wink:

Very nice. It looks very comfortable and relaxing. Congrats.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 18, 2006 2:28 PM

GROG already making plans for ITD.

M

Grog = ROFL....A++

M

Niceness...
Great job. When's the christening???

On 2006-07-18 14:28, GROG wrote:
GROG already making plans for ITD.

LOFL!!!

( Lauugh out Freakin' Loud!!! )

well ive got to say that it looks GOOD! good work

hey Tony, that light looks familiar :)

Amy

H

BF-That is bombastic! I'm in the same mode (yard tikification). Wish I'd started following your thread earlier and maybe my ideas and progress would be different, although I'm happy with the little bit I've accomplished so far. You've done some great things here so I'll keep checking back!

That looks so freakin great. The glass globe lamp is perfect. The pond/bridge/rocks/plants look so natural! I can't wait for next years project when you tear down the house and create your Tiki inspired '50s throwback theme home. Maybe something like this -

Lookin' good Ron!

It's your brother- Steve
Figured this screen name fitting as any- since I'm getting sick of digging holes for new 24 & 36" box palms & single birds. Pretty sad when all the nursurys know me by my 1st name now.

Wow- your yard has come along way since I saw it last. Pond looks awesome. I'll be picking your brain soon on your pond install. With all this heat- had huge issues w/ green water (single cell algae). Bought a new filter w/ UV light & clear water again. Make sure your filter will accept a big UV light, you might need it. Are you using a Savio skimmer/filter?
Finished my BBQ island 3 weeks ago, came out pretty nice if I do say so. Planting a new 24" box Foxtail tonight to replace the deceased one. I'll plant the Mazari Palm in a few days. I'll trade you soil conditions. Dig a hole & it's solid rock here. Much more rock than dirt. I actually had to buy dirt to fill my planter I just finished! When I removed the rocks- there was nothing left but hole. Hurry up & finish so you can come over here & help me dig holes & trenches.
Can't wait to see your yard in person. :)

B

Really looks Nice and friendly, Calling me to come on in. All it's missing is People, food and Rum drinks. You guys have done an Excellent job with this, Way above and beyond the norm!

The A frame hut is looking great, & i love that rattan chair as well!

T

TB

Hey polynesiac, do you have a pic of the event necklace to show us?

TBird

I just went and read through this thread and I gotta say that clam shell sink blew me away I love it. Once it's all together I'm requesting another pic of it :)
the entire project is fantastic!

B

Thanks again everyone.......BambooBen (your favorite cabinet is in the loft), MT Kahuna (August 12), Grog, TikiDuddy, Surf n Turf (you should be happy with what you have done, I just saw your A-Frame & carving.....awsome), jpmartdog (no more construction, but that pic is cool), Benzart (this is your West coast guest room), TikiBird (Polynesiac posted the necklace in ITD), Burningman (2 shots of the sink, I will try to post the one inside the house.....it's just a resin planter), and PalmPlanter.......hello bigbro, very cool to see you post here. 24" & 36" boxes? Sounds like we need to see photos of your tropical yard. You didn't trade your street rod for a surfboard or outrigger did you? No problem here with the algae. Just using a biological filter, no uv.

TikiTony's post covers

Tub spout at sink is temporary, but good for testing.

Rincon Room bathroom is fully functional now.

Small amount of algae on the rock is food for the koi.

Bathroom wall/ceiling

The weather has turned more June-like. Morning fog made for a change in plans. We spent the weekend installing sprinklers and sod so just getting back to the room. Still should have inspection this Friday. ITD will happen inspection or not.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 1, 2006 11:28 PM

Lookin' good. GROG like.

S

Awesome yard! I'm doing something very very similar. I live down in Fallbrook and was worried about the sun and water damage to stained wood so I ended up painting mine. I like your carvings on the posts and beams. One question though, how did you do your "rusting". I got the impression that you painted verses acid washed it. I'm using the home depot sheets of corrugated metal so I would like your thoughts on it, especially on how it's holding up through the winter. Thanks for the reply and once again, it looks awesome!
Fred

H
harro posted on Fri, Jan 25, 2008 3:53 AM

bump... any more pics??

Bongo ~ I hope that invite still stands the next time I'm out visiting in Cali.. Ventura county... Your place looks awesome man...
Aloha

Beachbumz....nice meeting you at Oasis, welcome anytime...looks like I need to update those tiny pix. Here's a couple for now...

These are from a couple months ago as the plumeria are in bloom now

Man, the place looks stellar, Ron!
Thanks for the invite but I think we're tapped on resources to head down for this one.
Mahalo, too for the dvds & hope you dig your "Under the Midnight Sun" CD.
Aloha to Mickee, too!
-Andy

One of these days Ron, I'm going to get down in your neck of the woods!

Just missing this one as we'll be heading out to the Bay Area end of September.

Maybe if I come out in December I'll get to the Rincon Room finally. Have to see how things pan out.

The place is looking great!

B

Ron ~ WOW! Your place looks wonderful and this is all in your backyard??? too cool... I just met Bill and Joyce from the Tiki Shaker's yesterday here at our shop, listening to there cd they gave me as I type, I LOVE IT! Wish I could make it to the Rincon Room for the show, hopefully next time.

ALohA

T

This is the most fantastic tiki bar we have ever been too, we are so jealous!! There is so much detail, you can't take it all in, we just love visiting you guys, shame we arn't about for this Saturday, as we would love to be there! And Ron and Mickee are just the best hosts, we had the pleasure in staying with them for a night last year, and we got treated so well, we didn't want to leave!
Have a great time on Saturday and have a drink for us!!
xx.

A couple of photos taken by a friend last year. I can turn the photos from my Epson Scanner page but it won't save the changes. Maybe someone else here can adjust them for us.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Straightened the pictures. - 2010-11-17 18:34 ]

M
Murph posted on Wed, Nov 17, 2010 8:09 PM

The Rincon Room is off the charts!

If that was my backyard I would tell my wife I'm doing yard work and hang out all day

Amazing Rincon Room photos from the DVD of Tiki's Mogambo - Jochen Hirschfeld.

and this one with a little digital magic!

Just WOW! :o

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2012-10-19 06:10 ]

Breath-taking!!!

Ron's Mid Century Modern home is nothing to sneeze at also
just a beautiful home.

This is how things look when you do it RIGHT!!!!

The Rincon Room will forever be my benchmark.

Absolutely insane.

H

Ron, you need to have some postcards printed up out of those Jochen Hirschfeld photos.

J

Here's 2 pages of great Rincon Room photography (mostly Tonga Tom's)...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42174&forum=17&start=105

that should be cross-referenced on this thread. :)

Stuning!

Thirsty, must have a Drifters Reef soon!

DC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies