Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies

Thought I would give everyone a heads up on the Bali Hai. Reservations for the time of 5:00 - 7:30 are all taken. Next available is 7:45 p.m.

Here's the 411 I recvd from the bus dudes:

Aloha and thanks for your interest in the Shuttle to the Bali Hai on Friday May 5th. Here is the schedule for Friday the 5th. We encourage you to take our Open air Double Decker bus for several reasons:
-No worries concerning drinking and driving!

-Parking will be challenging on May 5th, due to a big name concert at Humpheys so you won't have to worry about where to leave your vehicle!

-Our bus will be filled exclusively with all Tiki Oasis people and our tour guides. Our guides will also be able to fill you in on other fun stuff in San Diego. The cost for a cab ride one way is $18 to $25. Our cost per person for the shuttle is $15 roundtrip, or $8 one way.

-If you do our special tour AND roundtrip shuttle, the cost $25 or $22 per person if purchased in advance.

Individual shuttle tickets purchased in advance are $6 one way or $12 roundtrip.

============================================================================================================

Please send checks, payable to:

WHERE YOU WANT TO BE TOURS, 255 G Street #716 San Diego Ca 92101 Reference May 5th shuttle and/or tour on your check! In order to receive the discounted prices, checks must be received by May 4th!

============================================================================================================

Here is the rundown for May 5th:

4PM- Special Tiki Tour on open air double decker bus. You can either get on at 4pm at the Hanalei or at 415pm at Tiki Land. The bus will arrive at the Bali Hai at 545 to 6pm. The Bali Hai marks the end of the tour!

Shuttle Schedule is as follows:

6PM-615pm Pick up at Hanalai Hotel Arrival at Bali Hai
630 - 645pm

7pm-715pm- Pick up at Hanalai
Arrival at Bali Hai 730 - 745pm

10pm Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

11pm Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

12am MIDNIGHT Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

1AM Shuttle leaves Bali Hai for Hanalei

SSSSWWWWWEEEEET!!

Thank you for posting that info Hau 'oli tiki! That is great! I wasn't even thinkin' about why we need a shuttle - forgot that Friday's event is NOT on the hotel grounds. Again, thanks, you probably saved me and Lava Pants from getting blisters on our feet!

I placed some pictures from the hotel site on my carving thread, bottom of page 3. It's only outdoor shots of tiki stuff. Don't look if you don't want the surprise ruined...If you want any more shots of the restaurant, etc., let me know and I'll happen by there again.

The Islands Restaurant still has tables available for Sunday Brunch. I just called and made reservations for Soccer Tiki and I at 10:00am.

D
DJLee posted on Fri, Apr 14, 2006 2:18 PM

Does anyone need a ride to Tiki Oasis from Los Angeles on Friday? My roomie pal is going on Thursday and I can't miss my Saints and Sinners DJ gig Thursday night. If you don't want to drive, you can come to Burbank, park in my driveway and I'll do the driving there and back! Or...maybe someone has room in their car for me??

Thanks!

Lee

D
DJLee posted on Fri, Apr 14, 2006 2:27 PM

Oh yeah...my direct email address is [email protected] or you can call my office at 818-848-2698. Thanks!

On 2006-04-14 14:18, DJLee wrote:
Does anyone need a ride to Tiki Oasis from Los Angeles on Friday?

If you need a ride from Los Angeles to San Diego, you might want to consider taking the Amtrak train. Here's a link to the schedule. Prices are pretty reasonable considering the cost of gas these days.

Amtrak

On 2006-04-13 21:02, WooHooWahine wrote:
The Islands Restaurant still has tables available for Sunday Brunch. I just called and made reservations for Soccer Tiki and I at 10:00am.

Made brunch reservations yesterday for 12 noon (we're late risers). I know check-out time is noon, so we'll either pack up early and go to brunch or snivel & cajole for the ever popular "Late Checkout"

OASIS:

A fertile or green area in an arid region; Something that provides refuge, relief or pleasant contrast.

TIKI OASIS 6 still has a few excellent volunteer opportunities! Earn FAME, FORTUNE, FREE PASSES, COOL SWAG! FUN!

Tiki Oasis needs a few good hands on deck (or on Tiki Mug!)

Hukilau Brown here letting you know the Tiki Oasis VI volunteer hut is still accepting applications for fun-in-the sun volunteer opportunities!

Where else can you work three hours a day, meet everyone at the party and drink on the job! For those that remember last year, YOU NO DRINK E'NUF MAI TAI, BRAH! I think we all had fun.

I will be acting out as the Volunteer Wrangler again this year and a hearty e' kono mai tai to all new volunteers as well as the returning Volunteer Ohana.

First reply, first served! I'll publish the next schedule soon (if the tradewinds get me back to the Tiki Trailer on time)

See you in San D.!

Here's a word about the event from the Kahunas at Tiki News:

Tiki Oasis is a volunteer-run event and we would love YOU to volunteer this year! Please consider taking on one shift and/or sharing a shift with a friend! If you are interested in a FREE ticket to Tiki Oasis then you will be asked to work 1 shift for a pass good for the day you volunteer - work two shifts and get in BOTH DAYS (A $43 VALUE!) We are seeking enthusiastic, friendly and trustworthy folks to add to this unique and fun event.

EVERYONE who volunteers not only gets to be a part of an amazing event but also you will receive a special gift! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Mateo to see which shifts are available (shifts are assigned on a first come first served basis) E-mail Mateo at: [email protected]

VOLUNTEER WIKI FAQ:
Q. What can you expect from volunteering?
A. A little work and a lot of FUN!

Q. What jobs are available?
A. Door and Event Support is verifying attendees on the list, issuing wristbands and providing information about the event. Volunteers will have all the info they need to do their job well and have fun doing it! Roaming Wristband Checker is, well, kinda how it sounds. The RWC will work with Security and Staff to make sure everybody has a wristband and is having a good time while respecting the hotel rules and other guests. Tiki News Booth volunteers will represent Tiki News and sell cool stuff. Volunteers should be familiar with the Tiki News publication and will be OKayed by TN staff.

Every year volunteers tell me they had even a better time volunteering because of all the cool and wacky people you meet. Tell your friends and see you at the Oasis!

email [email protected] and put in the subject line

Couldn't wait for Oasis, so we are in San Diego for a lil tiki hunting now...
I just visited Cobain of TikiLand yesterday...he is helping to decorate at the Oasis (awesome store in San Diego!). He said he would run some stickers for the Oasis. He is talking with Otto about it. They are the transfer, die cut, vinyl type...good quality. Not sure yet on the design, but he's very creative, so I'm sure they'll be awesome. Hopefully, I'll be sporting one on the ole tiki hauler (yeah, well, the '01 Dodge Durango...) by the end of the weekend! Just another fun and cool aspect of Oasis!

2 weeks! -2 weeks?!?! -2 weeks!! -You sound like a parrot!
(See The Money Pit, 1986...Tom Hanks, Shelly Long. When Art Shirk tells a disbelieving Walter (Tom Hanks) that the total destruction of his home will be rebuilt in only 2 weeks. One of our favorite, oft used lines)
Sorry guys...its early and I think I partied too much last night...residual alchohol levels and all...

Who's staying at The Hanalei for Tiki Oasis 6???

Hey Boys n Berries. I have an extra ticket for Friday and Saturday night. Anyone needing tickets shoud shoot me an ekablam and let me know. Don't PM me because there is no tellin' when I will get it. First come first serve. By the way I will be stayin' at the Hanalei soakin' up sun and booze like some kind of crazy sponge.
Can't wait to see all y'all.

Cuzzin' Chongolio

On 2006-04-26 19:14, WooHooWahine wrote:
Who's staying at The Hanalei for Tiki Oasis 6???

Soccer Tiki and I will be there May 4-7 :)

Not staying at the hotel, but oh I am gonna shop!!! .. and perhaps maybe have just one little cocktail.. or two :wink:

Can't wait!

On 2006-04-26 19:32, Chongolio wrote:
......I will be stayin' at the Hanalei soakin' up sun and booze like some kind of crazy sponge.
Can't wait to see all y'all.

Cuzzin' Chongolio

You better be askin' Maui (http://fraktali.849pm.com/text/archive/myth/maui.htm) to lend us the sun then! Average temp for S.D. in May is 69 degrees! Brrrrrrr! (Good thing we soaked up all the sun in Tucson last week!!)

CA

check out what i got for only Yuz Oasis6 folks.....
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19289&forum=12&start=last&0
see ya in a few days!!

My extra tickets are gone!
Hey Soccertiki, that is still warmer than what I got up North. It's been plain old cold and grey for days.
C'al- That's NICE!!!
See y'all soon soon soon!!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

I definitely want one of those awesome necklaces, Crazy Al! Or 3 so I can do the earring thing! Sweet!! I'm perusing your site now to pick out some more stuff. I'll be out of dough before Oasis!!

WooHoo...We'll be at the hotel by about 6:00 pm Thursday. We'll see ya there! We may have a late dinner at Mr Tiki's...I'm drinking all of my meals all weekend, so it oughta get interesting!! Happy happy joy joy!!

And I know you are all out back on your knees praying to the Tiki Gods for a ton of sunshine and blue skies...right?

(It really works if you pour 1 bottle of Captain Morgan's Tattoo on EACH Tiki, saving a few sprinkles for the 4 winds... and then face each of the 4 winds and recite these words:

"Oh Almighty Tiki, I sacrifice this delicious beverage in your honor. I give it to you and the earth you rest upon with great joy and humblest of heart. I genuflect with utmost respect and worship. I request the favor of your command to the 4 winds to with hold cloud and rain, strong wind and smog. So that we may all gather in your honor and give much praise to you, oh worthy one. We will trade in peace and love, bringing more Tiki home at journey's end." Then blow on the conch shell 4 times to each corner of the Earth and kiss each tiki on each cheek. DO NOT forget wall Tiki: 1 and 1/4 cup of Tattoo is required, as well. Dipping Tiki charm in Tattoo is perfectly acceptable.

I gotta go. Need about 15 bottles of Tattoo. I'll bring the left overs, if any. I expect to see you all out purchasing your Tiki's favorite rum!!

B

Tiki Oasis is less then a week away! Oh my!

This is our first time doing Tiki Oasis with 2 kids in tow... should be interesting! I personally want to send a special shout out to my fine husband Otto von Stroheim who loves Tiki so much that he spends all his extra time making sure events like Tiki Oasis actually happen. The Tiki News lifestyle has touched so many people and boy is it worth all the sacrifices to see an amazing event come together like this!

For those that don't know: Tiki Oasis is almost sold out!

Tickets:
At this time tickets are still available for Friday night but we suggest you buy those in advance!

If you have already purchased your ticket be sure to bring the print out of it to the show in order to get in. If you purchased a ticket and did not print it out you may order a copy to be sent to you by contacting ARES customer service and providing your order confirmation number and your address. Support: 800.828.0868 [email protected]

If you have purchased tickets we strongly urge that you take advantage of the Tiki Oasis pre-registration on Friday between 1 pm and 3 pm in the lobby of the Hanalei hotel. There may be long lines at the events on both Friday and Saturday. By pre-registering you can avoid those lines.

Event:
Saturday night wear your best SAVAGE or SUAVE outfit and win a prize! Best dressed contest at 10pm. Prizes given for Suave (aka Sophisticated Savage), Savage (primitive), and best dressed couple. Prizes include (but are not limited to) two free tickets to Hukilau, Ft Lauderdale, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Mai Kai Oct 5-8, 2006, http://www.thehukilau.com

We encourage you to bring blankets and/or lawn chairs to the event on Saturday night as seating is limited.

Friday night at the Bali Hai we have added light appetizers/snacks for the first couple hours to temper that buzz from the potent grogs served seaside at the Bali Hai.

Vending:
Vending will be bigger and better than ever with more vendors and three different spaces to peruse. The vendors will be putting their best foot forward as there is also a contest for best dressed booth. The indoor/outdoor arrangement allows for food to be available at the vending area as well as onsite bathrooms!

Bountiful Booty:
Many vendors are creating special limited edition items just for Tiki Oasis. Crazy Al is creating a hanalei Tiki Oasis 6 necklace in an edition of 50 available only from him and only Sat from 11 am - 1 pm at the Entertainment booth. Not to be outdone Tiki News is also offering the following: limited edition silkscreened posters airlifted to the event from the UK and designed by Human Hole Productions ([email protected]), Tiki Oasis glassware, and a limited edition Munktiki mug only available Sat night from 7-9 at the Tiki News booth in the pavilion.

So many people to thank for making sure Tiki Oasis happened once again.. here are a few: Tikiland, Casey Jones, Matt Reese, Mean Gene, Jim Giddings our stage manager, Kahuna Matteo Brown our volunteer coordinator, Eileen Baronowsky, Alan Parowski, Sven Koch/Trader Vic’s, Dan at Voodoo Rum, Shag & Piet, Surrey Books, Munktiki, Crazy Al, Steve Luchsinger of Ship’s Trader, Sven-Tiki, Kirk & Anna & the Hanalei staff, Larry & Grant at Bali Hai, Marc & Dar of Wheretours, Soundwizard Bob, Mary Shearer, all the volunteers and entertainment who give Tiki Oasis its life.

T

For the first time in Oasis history, I will be missing the event. Unfortunately, part of me being a responsible adult (and we all know how much that sucks!) has me tending to some important business issues the week of the Oasis.

As many of you know, I usually make a two week trip out of the Oasis weekend and spend time in So. Cal. with many of the Tiki Ohana. I am hoping that I can get away in June or July and make the Safari west. To anyone reading this: Let me know of any Tiki (or other) events going on then.

Until later, I leave you with one of my favorite pictures:

Jeff Central, Tiki Bob and Otto

Balmy regards,

TB

Dang Tiki Bob,

That sucks!! I'm sure I won't be the only one that is going to miss you this year!! I know you are doing the right thing though so good luck and we can only hope to see you again next year. Better than that, hopefully you can make either the Hot Rod Hula Hop 2 "Revenge of the Moai" here in Columbus on August 18th and 19th 2006 or at the Hukilau 2006 events this year!! You still rock Bob!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff.

This photo may help to set the mood for some of the attendees:

"The Martin Denny Group at the Hanalei Hotel"

This is a painting that Shag did for me in 1999. I suggested the Denny Group and Shag suggested the Hanalei Hotel.

In 2000 Marty informed me that he had never played at the Hanalei Hotel but had played at the San Diego Auditorium. He was easy going about this and did not balk at the historical inaccuracy so the title was not changed.

Again, best wishes to all that make the safari to Oasis this year.

TB

WOW!!!!!! That painting is awesome!! Thanks for sharing Bob. Not too many people can claim they have been to EVERY Tiki Oasis event!!! You have been to most of the Hukilau events too I believe. I will toast to you this weekend my friend!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

TT

Hey everyone! Wishing all of you Oasis attendees the best of times. Emily and myself have had nothing but great times at the last three Oasis's in Palm Springs and I'm sure this year will be just as fun. Otto really knows how to throw a party, so we hope to make it next year as this year didn't work out for us.

M

We'll definitely be there for all the festivities! This will be our 4th Oasis and we're really excited that its practically in our backyard this year. We live just 10 minutes from the Hanalei and 20 minutes from the Bali Hai. We're lucky enough to indulge in these great tiki establishments year round but this will be a very special time seeing the tiki ohana all together here. Of course, we'll miss Oasis in Palm Springs but it looks like this year's event is going to be pretty cool. We'll be there all 4 days. Cheers!

ModMana & Mrs. ModMana (who needs to register a username)

WooooHooooo! 1 More Day!! Is everyone Awake & Ready??????

WooooHoooo! I still can't hear you.....Is anyone excited for this event???

The tiki-wagon is loaded up and ready to make the trek south tomorrow morning!!! Looking forward to a great weekend!

The Mr got clearance to knock off a few hours early, so we're heading out at @ 2:30. Traffic, HOPEFULLY, should be lighter, so we'll be there around 3:30!

and...yes, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2006-05-02 23:13, ModMana wrote:

ModMana & Mrs. ModMana (who needs to register a username)

ModMama!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy time at Tiki Oasis 2006!

On 2006-05-04 15:05, Tikiwahine wrote:
I hope everyone has a safe and happy time at Tiki Oasis 2006!

Thanks Tikiwahine. After a long association with the San Diego Police Department, I have full confidence that they will do everything in their power to protect us from ourselves. I plan on having such a happy time it will take plastic surgery to remove the smile from my face.

T

the mrs and i left vegas at 4:15 and we only have 212 miles to go. see ya soon.

hi all, as otto stated in his newsletter a ways back, we have the pics of what is going on here at Tiki Oasis VI now going up on my site. this way, everyone can feel a part of the party, even if you can't physically be here.
just go to my site, tikiblog.com, and click on the Tiki Oasis VI pics album to see what were all doing here in San Diego.
updates will be going on as the event unfolds.

Hope your all having the shittiest weekend ever, like I am! And if I find out anyone let Crazy Al in without his wristband, there will truly be hell to pay!!!!

WooooHoooooo!! Wow, what an incredible weekend. Soccer Tiki and I had so much fun. Mucho Mahalo to everyone who made Tiki Oasis 6 a Tiki-rrific Event :)

I think the Oasis in San Diego was a true success.

The Friday night venue behind the Bali Hai and right on the WATER with the San Diego skyline in the distance was really cool. It was especially nice to have a venue that could actually make GOOD drinks. I think more than a few folks realized the potency of the Bali Hai Mai Tai. I recall a number of people that night in sad shape. One was passed out under a table behind the stage. Another was um...(how do you say "going commando" for a female?) expressing lots of freedom in her dancing that night.

The Sand Devils were an awesome high energy addition to an event with historically mild entertainers (Ape is the exception). When that super loud guttural reverb guitar started the crowd just lit up !!! Not even the woo hoos from the crowd could be heard over the driving guitar.

Although I'm not usually a fan of the Burlesque stuff the Friday night performance to the Disneyland Tiki Room music was very appropriate and the music ends with a perfect climax for that style of performance.

The vending area finally had the breathing space it so desperately needed when compared with the limited area in the Caliente Tropics lanai. You could actually walk from vendor to vendor and SEE the product they were vending. The cloud cover kept the vendors from getting cooked in the sun.

I was skeptical of the Tent style venue at the Hanalei but honestly when the stage decor was complete and Onatikis KILLER lamps were turned on it actually was pretty cool. In the end WE are the decor in all of our vintage wardrobe splendor.

The tent also secluded us from other hotel guests (think wedding reception) and kept the temperature stable for the scantily clad ladies and sandal wearing men.

The room parties were really off the hook this year even though they were shut down early at night, there were plenty of daytime parties. Maybe the Hanalei can work on getting ALL of us in the same building so we don't bother other guests.

Cult of the EYE!!! Damn that was a room party. A huge room, a wrap around bar and cool custom decor and drink dispensers.

Apes performances were tight and energetic as always and the Mai Kai gents with a big sound system were terrific.

Major pluses of the Hanalei is that they had a solid bar in the hotel and 3 restaurants to choose from (unlike Caliente where you were eating Mexican food or leaving).

Big props to all of the volunteers and especially to Matt Reese who seemed to be bustin his ass and on the go the entire time. Hauling around amps long after the performances were done and the people were gone. Give dat boy a raise! Ona Tikis lamps were a major plus to the venue giving us some eye candy up high in the tent. I know personally that he really busted his butt getting all those huge lamps made. Nice job all.

I would say its a success and all should pat each other on the back.

PS- I got 4 hours of solid video but no photographs. Who has some pics to post?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-05-08 11:39 ]

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2006-05-08 12:17 ]

Thanks for the kind words. I have to say I loved every minute of it. I hope everyone had a great time.

I want to reiterate what WooHooWahine said.....Thanks to all that made Tiki Oasis 6 sooooo much fun for us! My only regret is that we had to leave Sunday morning at 7am for a soccer game!!! (After the security shut our room crawl down at around 12:30am!!!) I never thought I'd see soooo many people packed into a small room!!! Everyone happy and everyone drinking and everyone "woohoo"ing!!!! Even Otto woohoo'd!!! And MUCHO MAHALO OTTO for putting together a great event!!! Looking forward to the next tiki adventure!!! We made some great new friends and experiences.....Ape was great! The Martini Kings and Mai Kai Gents were fantastic!
The Sand Devils rocked! King Kukulele, well once again he showed why he IS the King! And thanks Shell In The Pacific for organizing the room crawl. All I can say is.......

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
DJLee posted on Mon, May 8, 2006 4:55 PM

This was composed before I looked at anyone else’s comments.

I’m sure everyone else will hit the highlights of the event; I’ll keep this one short. Otto did a marvelous job of coordinating the weekend considering it was five years in the same location and had to be moved to a different city. He faced a lot of complications. Give him kudos for this.

The full PA system and lighting was nice and brought the level of the event up a few notches.

The coolest thing about this event for me…it is marvelous to hang out with such an amazing group of creative, eccentric, crazy and nice folks.

I know, Palm Springs is a better location. The lack of intimacy as experienced at The Tropics (though drunk cheering at the wedding from a balcony was fun) and of course the room party issues came up numerous times.

All in all, I had a blast. Oh, thanks to everyone who served up the marvelous drinks their rooms while they were able to. I can’t remember many moments of sobriety between Friday and Sunday!

We had an absolute blast at Oasis this year!!

Cheers to Otto and Baby-Do and everyone else involved for topping it, yet again this year, despite having just had a baby and many bemoaning the venue change etc
San Diego rocked and the only thing I missed of Palm Springs was the weather. Both venues had prose and cons. Personally, I'd like to see Oasis move around, but if that's not possible, I'd vote for SD in '07.

The shows were great(production values and all), the Bali Hai rocked and it was great getting to meet and hang out with such cool people. Heck, I even got a drink personally served to me by Shag...thanks Ben! We also had a chance to check out Mr Tiki and the new Neo Tiki, Lei Lounge, which just opened.

The Room crawls were AWESOME!! The parties getting closed was a pain, but ultimately part of the fun (as one would start in another room)- a Tiki treasure hunt of sorts.
Monkeyman, your monkeypod rocked. It was great to get served my favorite drink at FI, by it's inventor. Ran, your Keilhaul kicked major butt, too (ps Thanks for the CD - It'll soon be gracing FI's Juke)

We really enjoyed the decor at the Hanalei as well.

A wonderful time, indeed.
Mahalo!

OL

Here's a few shots.

When we arrived at the Hanalei on Thursday, the Mai Kai Gents were doing a great job entertaining the crowd.

Wersmo Derinc was there.

And the lovely Rebecca.

Shelley passed around the tip case.

On Friday I got to meet Mr. Bali Hai (I'm pointing at my Mr. Bali Hai salt shaker pendant)

I got to hang out with my buddy Dogbytes, who graciously let me use her room to squeeze orange juice even though she was doing her Room Host party. Sorry about the mess, and thanks for the Rongo Ricky!
Krustiki and I shared a table at the Bali Hai with Tiki-Kate, who was nice enough to let us share her reservation.

Saturday night under the big top, Tyger Jimmy gives the thumbs up!

Shelley as Sophisticated Savage!!!

Some of our purchases from the vendors at Tiki Oasis 6:
Really cool mug shelf, shaped like outrigger canoe, made by Tiki Diablo. Tiki Bob mug purchased from Holden of Tiki Farm. Mr. Bali Hai mug purchased in the gift shop at the the Bali Hai.

Stay tuned, more photos coming soon....

Well all I can say is WOW. This is the first time I've stayed for the entire weekend and come to the event with my husband.... (usually I'm crashing on Tikibob's couch in his room and staying maybe a day and a half!) So this was a big treat to come as a full-fledged guest on my own steam this time. Anyway, what struck me was the tremendous about of planning that must go into organizing this whole event, from the thoughtful care package given at check-in to all the details - the drink menu for Bali Hai, the cool useful free souveneirs, the professionally-done brochure with weekend's schedule and list of vendors, etc. So much work!!! It is so obvious to me that this is just alot of work and planning so I would like to echo what others have said, and say a big THANKS TO OTTO/BABYDOE for the amazing job they do.

OL

Here's a picture of the "Goof" on the roof of the Bali Hai.

A Tiki near the entrance of the Bali Hai.

These photos were from dinner on Saturday night. Tiki-Bird reserved the Dragon room for us, and it was a good thing we had the room to ourselves because we got pretty loud! The food was pretty good too!

All of these photos were taken by Krustiki, except the one of him and me. I think Tiki-Bird took that one.

C

360ish more days till Oasis VII……

Still in recovery from Oasis VI. And it is all such a blur! A whirlwind.

Bealza-Elvis & I had such a great time and give muchos Mahalos to Otto & Babydoe, and the San Diego Ohana for a fabulous Oasis this year. San Diego was a great host and has the true aloha spirit.

No time for rest and relaxation this year, even though we arrived earlier than ever. There was such a schedule of unending drinking and shopping that had to be met.

Onatiki’s one-of-a-kind lamps in the main tent transformed the pavillion and set the mood for the Magic of Tiki.

The cooler weather allowed for a lot more shopping time and also allowed us to completely empty our wallets. I really had the staying power, not about to faint from the heat stroke weather of Palm Springs. Thank God for those vendors that accepted plastic.

The room parties were stupendous, starting with Dr. Z’s & Purple Orchid serving cocktails after the “Meet & Greet” with the Mai Kai Gents in the Islands sushi bar. It was great to get cocktails, live music & sushi while seeing all your old friends. Greg hit more parties than I but I tasted Spermy & Whalerider’s Daytonas & Meihanas and they were ever so tasty. Tasted some woohoo juice and enjoyed immensely. Loved Dogbytes & Todd’s RongoRongo Rickey-a fine drink, loved the recipe & buttons, PiPhiRho made the Cannibal and I WANT the RECIPE!!!…..on we went to have a Monkeypod with hosts Aaron’s Akua & Monkeyman. I was actually dust after this and made it only to see Tikipug’s room but no Mojito’s left.

Cult of the Eye were raging all weekend long & strong. Classic conch shell while the golfers t’d off. They are so charming, welcoming & friendly! I had to keep telling myself, “they’re a cult” that’s why they are so nice. But I think I am getting ready to join….

Missed the weather and intimacy of Palm Springs but loved San Diego. What I found most important and necessary is our ability to handle change and adapt. Sometimes new is OK! And it was A-Okay! Hanging with some great friends, meeting new ones listening to astounding music and buying bootie from the artist themselves. Also loved my comfortable bed and that I slept through all of those room parties after 1:00 every night!

Memories of …..riding the glass elevators with a bunch of crazy drunks any time day or night, watching a bunch of tiki ants from the 8th floor…CHONGOLIO…laughing my ass off for 3-½ days straight.

Can’t wait till next year!
Mahalos everyone!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies