Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 273 replies

you are one Crazy MoFo!

Talented,Skilled....but still Crazy!

what can i say that you don't already know?
rockin!

Great stuff Al!

I love how the gears are always turning with you when you see a log or tree.

Pu'uhonua o Honaunau is a great inspiration for this grove of palms, and I love how you ran with the idea.

I look forward to seeing this creation in person someday soon!

S

Nice work Crazy Al. That is right down the road from me and I go by it every day. I got a quick glance while going by but didn't have a chance to stop. Wished I would've stopped by while you were out there. Nice addition to the neighborhood.

CA

I tried to get them to have me work a week or so on each tiki... but I need a better sales person I guess... or maybe they should have hired me before buying all the landscape/new-palms for the front of the once decapitated grounds... They will make-up for any lack of craziness and really make the street pop! I hope to have some pics of that soon... I drove the landscapers off and they have yet to come back...

CA
T

This place looks awesome Al, great carves.

B

Yeah, that corner apartment has got to be the coolest, most expensive in town and well worth it.

CA

CrazyAL Tiki#156 "Book Worm"
THIS GUY IS HUNGRY!!

here is the page: http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_156.html

I clicked the above link for Book Worm, and WHOA! That's a great carve!!!
Props to you, Al!

WOW I AM SPEECHLESS.

!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Holy S--T!!! What a GREAT Carve!!!

WOW!!

B

AL, You are truly the Best there is and Then some and I count it an honor to know you.
Your works are so Original and Incredible, I respect the integrity that shows in every one, my Hats off to'ya!

I have been lucky enough to see this in person! It's CRAZY !!!!!!

Al, you always have the craziest and most creative concepts in the tiki world!

Truly an inspiration to us all!

Mele Kalikimaka to you, and a Very Tiki New Year!

wicked nice stuff!!!!!! you the man!! cheerz!!

CA

you guys are all to much...i'll take you words kindly, but i am only one out of all the great carvers posting!!

my folks sent me an 'email' of some wood'zy carver.... he did a horizontal wildlife tribute of bears, dear, raccoon, owls, wolves... all with a chainsaw, two or three trees laid end to end.... prudy dang sweet! we are all crazy i think..........

Man that tiki has some GOOD taste in books!

Oh yeah, INCREDIBLE carve!!!!!!!

J

Sweet--very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Nice Al. Looks like alot of work on a stand.

CA

Bravo Al!

Al she's AWESOME!! I love those toe nails.... And what a Great Ass :wink: WOW!!

L

WOW!!!! Nice lesson pedicure :roll: ... Is this we can see the rest?

Beautiful work Al! Labor of love right there!

HOK

On 2010-08-31 20:35, laojia wrote:
WOW!!!! Nice lesson pedicure :roll: ... Is this we can see the rest?

Link from above.... :)

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_155.html

L
laojia posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 8:48 AM

Astounding! Thank you! :D

Love the toes and toe nails! You continue to amaze!

CA

must say Kelly kind of designed this one... she would say... "Abalone toenails don't you think"... and i'd say if the check clears you got it!! she also wanted my sea shell teeth which changed the whole dynamic if the piece I originally had in mind. The flordeli,(which has also appeared in previous pieces as a nose design before i was aware of what i was doing. A French Polynesian pointed the flordeli out to me on my own piece.)was a request from Kelly... i just added the (Mai Tiki)pineapple concept that usually i put on the nose anyway.

Thank You Al.... A dream come true and a check off my "Bucket List" Better than I could ever have imagined I can't say enough, I'm speechless really. Thank You.

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 2:47 PM

All that random stuff somehow shouldn't work on a tiki, but you seem to always find a way of making it look like it was meant to be and incorporating it into the design organically. I also really dig the amount of research and collaboration you put into your work!

CA

here is a bit of an update with details of custom fit Steve Crane Mug Eye Sockets......Nice challenge to fit the mug handles etc...

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_155.html

Crazy Al, you truly are crazy! Amazing!

B

Yeah, Challenge to fit the Handles into the eye sockets?? Yes, at Least 3 minnits on each eye, We're On to'ya there.
Admit it Al, you are THE Premier Tiki Artiste Anywhere carving tikis. Period!
You Know we Love'ya

CA

really Ben is was the fear of dropping those fri'ken mugs while fitting them correctly that was nerve-wracking... those suckers are almost worth more then the tiki!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-01-13 13:02 ]

On 2010-09-13 18:15, Benzart wrote:
Yeah, Challenge to fit the Handles into the eye sockets?? Yes, at Least 3 minnits on each eye, We're On to'ya there.
Admit it Al, you are THE Premier Tiki Artiste Anywhere carving tikis. Period!
You Know we Love'ya

Well put :)

CA

It would be warm, below the storm, in my little hide away..... as a 'child' what a song! and a fan for life of Beatles and Cephalopods.......... anyway only about 80% done with the knotty little creature. I might have to 'burn' the suckers into the wood... Palm is not a detail wood.........

here's CrazyAL Tiki#171 'Lono Palama" 12-2010

added here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5008&id=100001142975893&l=a124d03297

And I finally put all my 'In-grounds' all together here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28894&id=100001142975893&l=ebe6f46102

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-01-13 13:27 ]

T

Sweet carves as usual Al!!!

B

Hey Crazy Man, that Knotty character has some serious boogers on his nose.

CA

i hear those critters are great at collecting things...

M

What can I say man? This is some epic stuff in here. I am very inspired by this.

Mahalo

McTiki

L

Awesome work on the tentacles... Really awesome!

J.

CA

i'm kind of like'n this one

On 2011-01-19 14:49, crazy al wrote:
i'm kind of like'n this one

I kinda am too. Fantastic concept and execution!

P

amazing as usual!

S

Beautiful Al love the puss.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 273 replies