Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ohana Hut purchasing ... Sold out, ...Order Instructions Update pg 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies

On 2006-09-19 09:54, Digitiki wrote:
The Munktiki link for purchasing is down!

It doesn't go live until tomorrow.

Man, I feel like a doofus! I was thinking it was Wednesady...wishful thinking i guess! Sorry about that.

Alas, the slow mongoose gets no Ohana Hut. Putting my name in the hat in the hopes that the production run is increased.

T

"The order in which you signed up is also the order in which I will ship. The first that signed up will receive #2, second #3 and so on.-Stuckie" I was wondering about that.

I got a pretty sweet number then. The lowest number that I have ever gotten from Munk. I guess that the "one-poster" above me, would get bumped out and I would slide up the scale one? I guess that it paid to be quick that day. So if we get the number that we signed up for last wednesday, why the wait for the link? The talk about it going live, sounds like it is something to jump at tomorrow.

Yah there really is no point to wait for the link. I posted it today on page one in my initial post. Also posted it somewhere else but cant remember where now. The link is there but not active till tomorrow. Theres really no point why I dont activate it now either since all codes are out but.... Well, you can wait another day.

-stuckie

T

This isn't my first post. I responded to Hanford many weeks ago. (?)

On 2006-09-19 23:15, Tikibri wrote:
This isn't my first post. I responded to Hanford many weeks ago. (?)

I was very clear on the headcount post that it was not a waiting list or a reservation list. I said that several times in various posts. Replying to it only gave us a headcount, nothing more.

Woo Hoo!

I just placed my order!! Sure beats going into work today.

Now, its off to Bevmo to buy several gallons of rum to keep the Ohana Hut mug busy...

T

Just charged mine to tha GAME.

My order is in! Invoice printed!

Let's see, I believe I'm in the top 50! Yes!

Mahalo! :D :sheckymug:

Just placed my order too. I'm stoked about being able to use the last of my mint in my garden for a nice massive mojito. My rum consumption has definitely gone way up ever since I planted that patch! :D

One question though, seeing as how all the mugs are being shipped UPS Ground, hopefully they're packed extremely well? I only ask because I used to work for UPS (3 years in operations, and then 10 years in regional IT) and I know how packages get treated. I've never ordered from Munktiki before, but I'm assuming he puts a great amount of padding in with the orders.

-does a big happy dance of joy-

I'm off to give apheresis and keep some cancer patients happy and alive.

Cheers! I can't wait for my mugs!

I want one please.

So ... anyone changed their mind about wanting their Ohana Hut? :wink:

Got mine ordered, too! Luckily, my birthday's coming up, so I will be encouraging friends and family to contribute to the Ohana Hut fund!

On 2006-09-20 09:11, karmalaundry wrote:

One question though, seeing as how all the mugs are being shipped UPS Ground, hopefully they're packed extremely well?

My eyeball mug came packed excellently. Stuckie and gang are "first-class" and do everything thing with dedication, even shipping.

On 2006-09-20 10:04, RikiTikiTavi wrote:

I did a few days ago and sent a PM releasing it to the pool. Someone will be happy ...not me :(

T

On 2006-09-20 09:11, karmalaundry wrote:
Just placed my order too. I'm stoked about being able to use the last of my mint in my garden for a nice massive mojito. My rum consumption has definitely gone way up ever since I planted that patch! :D

One question though, seeing as how all the mugs are being shipped UPS Ground, hopefully they're packed extremely well? I only ask because I used to work for UPS (3 years in operations, and then 10 years in regional IT) and I know how packages get treated. I've never ordered from Munktiki before, but I'm assuming he puts a great amount of padding in with the orders.

-does a big happy dance of joy-

I'm off to give apheresis and keep some cancer patients happy and alive.

Cheers! I can't wait for my mugs!

I've been ordering from Munktiki for years and have never received a broken item.

JT

I'm still bummed I missed out! It would make a great gummi bear holder on my desk at work.

T

just use the tiki cookie jar.

N

"I've been ordering from Munktiki for years and have never received a broken item."

Ditto :) I've had about 8 shipments this year alone, no problems!

yep, never a broken item for me either.

On 2006-09-20 12:55, tedtiki wrote:
I've been ordering from Munktiki for years and have never received a broken item.

508 mugs?! Wow. You -have- been ordering for years! I'm impressed. Do you have a room dedicated to them all?

N

Aloha Karmalaundry! If you think Tedtiki's 508 mugs is impressive you should check out the fella above your's post. Kingstiedye is the Grand Poobah of tiki mug collecting. He's got some kick ass pics around here and the biggest collection on Ooga Mooga, check it out!

I, too, have ordered quite a few mugs from Munktiki, and never have had a problem. They pack em well! And I prefer UPS over FedEX any day! My last 2 orders from FedEx were problems.. one was smashed when the words FRAGILE were clearly printed in RED LETTERS, and the other was left on its side with the RED words "UP" were pointing west not to the sky. I am sure Stuckie has investigated all possible ways in ensuing these works of art are safe and sound. Afterall, there are no more huts for replacement if one should be damaged in shipping. (I don't even want to think of that!!)

• Myke
P

munktiki uses the corn starch packing peanuts. you can lick them and stick them to things like your monitor, wall or little sister.

very green.

munktiki is great.

T

On 2006-09-20 14:47, karmalaundry wrote:

On 2006-09-20 12:55, tedtiki wrote:

508 mugs?! Wow. You -have- been ordering for years! I'm impressed. Do you have a room dedicated to them all?

Thankyou. You should check out Kingstiedye's collection though if you want to be astounded. I don't have them in one room. They're kind of spread out through the whole house. The answer to your next question is no we don't have kids.

Yah we just went green. Trying to do our part. Unfortunately our packing supply place messed up our order and sent us the bad stuff. Heres hopin they replace it. Now we just have to figure out an alternative to that cellophane tape stuff. Wonder if they make a rice paper tape. Next step is the veg oil car like Tiki Tony got.

I've actually been shipping for over 10 years now. Before Munktiki I was helping with the family biz shipping. Never thought I'd be shipping this long.

-stuckie

On 2006-09-20 10:26, Blue Thunder wrote:

On 2006-09-20 10:04, RikiTikiTavi wrote:

I did a few days ago and sent a PM releasing it to the pool. Someone will be happy ...not me :(

Which I assume means that goes to the first person on the waiting list and so on?
Unfortunately that is NOT me!
I guess if about 30 more people change their minds I'm IN!

Well, I just ordered mine, since I couldn't get to a computer yesterday. Looks like there are 8 more of the first 50 people who haven't ordered either, since that's the quantity left. I'm certainly looking forward to getting mine!

Chris

T

When I order on Wednesday, it said 75 for immediate delivery available. I was going to say anything, cause it was said that day before that only 50 were going out the door. I was still just count on 50

I wonder where I am on the list since I just put my name on the Ohana hut list the other day, I religiously check the tiki marketplace for mug sales. I'm not on here every day so I don't get to check all the sections. I feel so stupid. Oh well, anyone else in the same boat?

If anyone changes their mind, let me know....please. I'd love to get one, thanks.

[ Edited by: Tikinomad 2006-09-22 12:45 ]

I had threw my name in after all was said and done, a few days later stuckie let me know somebody had dropped out and I was next so there is hope !

Cool Mai Tai Matty........so there is hope.

K

Ugh! - You go away for a little R & R, and this happens. Well, I'm on the list ...

On 2006-09-22 15:14, Kanaloa wrote:
Ugh! - You go away for a little R & R, and this happens. Well, I'm on the list ...

I feel your pain.

I was one of the dropouts I think I was #22 on the list :( Just couldn't swing the $$ at this time. Maybe I will take 4 mugs and duct tape them together for now.

Dean
Blue Thunder

M

I can't believe this, Wasn't I asking for an ETA so I wouldn't miss out, on the original thread???

Please I need one!!

Don't know if there is a snowball's chance in hell of getting one of these amazing mugs, but this newbie would be so completely stoked to own one of these masterpieces. Got chance?

On 2006-09-25 16:29, theded1 wrote:
this newbie would be so completely stoked to own one of these masterpieces. Got chance?

Nope. Have you read any of this thread?

E

If some horrible disaster carries all the, say, West Coast TCers away, I'm safe in New York City and would respectfully like one of their huts. Otherwise, enjoy 'em!

On 2006-09-25 17:27, finkdaddy wrote:

On 2006-09-25 16:29, theded1 wrote:
this newbie would be so completely stoked to own one of these masterpieces. Got chance?

Nope. Have you read any of this thread?

Yes, I have read the thread, but I am just hoping for a lucky break. Thank you for your welcoming words though.

yeah well i too am late yet agian, i got my name on a list months ago, or mentioned id want one when a head count was being taken,but then do to some personal stuff have been away a few weeks to come back to this....ah well, not the first time i was too late, and wont be the last

Would it be possible to post a list that states which number people are?

I was trying to figure out my number and I calculated about #82 (or thereabouts).

T

If somebody wanted to collect the data, we could all send them a PM with our TC name, hut number and location. It would be just like the Shecky registry

M

I think that's A STUPEnDous IDEA!!!

Please include your address and phone numbers as well...
It would also save time if you could leave your house keys under the mat...

snikering...

[ Edited by: MTKahuna 2006-09-27 16:44 ]

T

?

On 2006-09-27 16:34, MTKahuna wrote:
I think that's A STUPEnDous IDEA!!!

Please include your address and phone numbers as well...
It would also save time if you could leave your house keys under the mat...

snikering...

[ Edited by: MTKahuna 2006-09-27 16:44 ]

Huh?

Uhhhhhh... in case you haven't caught on, this isn't exactly confidental information here. This thread has all of the names of people on the wait list. But some people have backed out, others were disqualified, and some others didn't seem to actually make a request... rather they just left a comment on the thread.

A

I'm sure the list is way oversold but since the site still lists some that haven't shipped I might as well put my name in for one. Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies