Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ohana Hut purchasing ... Sold out, ...Order Instructions Update pg 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies

You know, the concept drawing for the bowl is very very cool, too.

Any possibilities of having prints made, for sale or included with the bowl? Or even a high res copy that everyone could download and print for themselves?

Just a thought...! It all started with the fantastic artwork!

A

How come this cat who makes the mugs, who walks away with 13.5k isn't a grand member? And should I care !!!!

This is asinine. Are you as generous with your own time and money as you are with other people's?

-Randy

Yeah...thats my boy.. Dont take no shizzle, Miles!!

[ Edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2006-09-14 18:45 ]

T

My BAD, I was doing math on 150. If you where working for Tony Soprano yous think yous wouldn't have to kick back to Tony.
So take out some coin out of your 9k and get yourself a grand membership.
Support the forum it sure as hell supporting you !!!!!

Dude, go to bed before you get hurt.

K

And so it is....the Chongominium will be shared with Ohana far and wide.

Karbora

H

Stuckie is a huge supporter of Tiki Central. He would be making a good deal more than $9,000 if he had been free to do his normal production with all that space, time and materials. He was willing to take a big dent in his earning potential to create this challenging and unique piece for Tiki Centralites, just because he likes it here, and he wanted to do something nice. He has done so much in support of Tiki Central. Please don't make him regret his incredible generosity.

Its hard to take a suggestion to become a grand member from someone who is not a grandmember.

But just so you know.... A substantial portion of the money IS going to TC. Thats yet another reason I wanted to do this mug. I think Hanford is doing allot for the Tiki community and I'm happy to see money going his way for all the work he's done.

-stuckie

Bada Bing!

Agreed.

Been working on my pottery so much forgot and let this one slip, damn. If any one drops put me on the list. best wishes mike.

Agreed. Stuckie, just sent you a PM. I refuse to even respond to those who are taking out their frustrations on you personally.

Just wanted to say thanks for making the mug and all of the work that you do for the community. For those of you who don't know Stuckie, you should. He's a great guy who does a lot to support the group. It's much appreciated.

If any of the Drop Outs,

Drop Out,

what happens then?

When's the next contest!??

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. The response over all has been positive, and thanks for all the kind PMs. If anything the response has made me more receptive to helping with another contest in the future.

-stuckie

Hey Stuckie - As my father always said to me "Nill illigitimi carborundum"!

I'd also love to get a print or high res graphic like the one posted in the previous post.

Lot of new mug envy going on around here.. Just wanted to say:

Stuckie/Munktiki- EXCELLENT WORK and thank you very much for your participation and patience with everything.

Chongolio- CONGRATULATIONS on your winning, SUPER COOL design- It's really creative and unique!

Hanford- Mahalo for working this all out and being a gracious host.. Looking forward to future contests.

I'm sure there are a few others that were involved behind the scenes as well - Mahalo to you as well!

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2006-09-15 17:04 ]

T

Holden I think was the farthest away from this project. Munktiki is the competitor. Holden is Tikifarm. Hanford is Tikicentral.

OOPS! Thanks for the catch teaKEY!! The brain is working 2 ways today..

I've check TC daily for the last three months, waiting and anticipating the release of the Ohana Mug/House. And the week i'm on vacation it goes on sale. Such a tell of woe, and so ironic how one TCers obsession can be deflated by timing.

Chongolio, by the by. Awesome mug and last night I had the great pleasure of listening to your podcast. thanks for turning me on to such a cool show.

T

On 2006-09-14 22:59, RevBambooBen wrote:
If any of the Drop Outs,

Drop Out,

what happens then?

When's the next contest!??

That doesn't sound like going postal!

I feel like I arrived at Forbidden Island on opening night at 8pm. I'll just walk down Lincoln and around the block down Sherman and hope I get in before closing...

1, please.

P.s. I admit to being a newbie and haven't posted alot, but I get kissed on the cheek by Humu on a regular basis (and by Unga Bunga and Chongolio on a non-regular basis), so that should count for something.

p.p.s additonally, I feel alot of reverence and respect for the TC community, so my posts haveonly been when I have something worth saying...

... or should I just do a thousand "MMMMMMMMMM........ Pie!!" posts to up my numbers? ....decisions - decisions.....

[ Edited by: haole'akamai 2006-09-15 22:32 ]

Well, then please put me on the list of sad souls hoping for the demise of some other lucky chap who just happened to check his TC page on the right day and time!

While I'm at it let me say that this is without a doubt one of the COOLEST Tiki drinking vessels EVER PRODUCED!! can't exactly call it a MUG now can we!

I guess I can at least say I was lucky enough to see one in the flesh at Forbidden Island and got to sip from it....and it was GOoood!

Shame to make so few.....:(

Just as an FYI for everyone:

I don't do Grand Memberships for trade, but I just now gifted Stuckie a free Grand Membership account. He more than deserves it. Thanks again for making this happen Stuckie!

~Hanford

congrats stuckie! well deserved. bravo again, hanford.

U

1 please, if some pour soul drops out.

P

hey!! what about this hanford guy. he's not a grand member. sheesh. they'll let anyone in here.

OOOHHHHHH!!! I do not lurk enough and didn't even see this thing till it was over.

I would still like one. :) please!!!!! When it is available.
Mahalo

I admit that I saw the thread but simply didn't have the funds at the time.
Should one become available after the rest of the folks on the waiting list are satisfied, I would be honored to be considered for one.

Thanks.

I don't mean this as a cut on anyone, but I just think it's funny that after all the stuff the long time members have said and even after Hanford's announcement that there are still lurkers and newbies trying to get on the list. Just an observation. :)

T

Hopefully a leason has been learned and the next time only people with ten posts prior to the launch of something new. Its probably the best for TC to take back the mugs from one posters but never a positive thing to take back something you said someone could have in the first place.

S

Wow...I totally missed this. If I should happen to be so lucky and people drop out...I would like one please.

Hanford,

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

-stuckie

On 2006-09-15 19:40, teaKEY wrote:
Hopefully a leason has been learned and the next time only people with ten posts prior to the launch of something new. Its probably the best for TC to take back the mugs from one posters but never a positive thing to take back something you said someone could have in the first place.

Why ten posts? Why not 20? why not five?

I don't believe that someone with 10 posts has more right as a TCer than someone with 5 posts. I don't want people posting unnecessary posts just to make sure their profile qualifies as "legit". I have always felt that if you don't have anything to say, then stay silent.

The issue with the Ohana Hut is a simple supply and demand issue. The mugs were open to sale for all Tiki Central members, and that meant that no matter what, a lot of people were going to miss out. I'm really sorry about that, but the mug that won simply couldn't be made more than 100 times.

Why ten posts? Why not 20? why not five?

It is a good thing we are not judging by the quality of posts. If that were the case, I'd be in big trouble.

Anyway, I hope that Hanford's decision to restrict Ohana Huts to those people who posted previously/joined prior to Sept. 9 will not lead to any trouble. In the litigious society we live in today, you can always find somebody, who had their offer recinded, claim a 'violation of verbal contract' deal, or some BS like that.

I've missed previous TC offerings before, primarily due to the fact that I don't read all of the posts. But hey, them's the breaks. I lucked out this time, and got on the list unless Hanford boots me for my worthless posts. :) Lets just hope some of the anger this offering has elicited does not negatively impact future TC offerings.

Thanks again to Hanford, Stuckie, and Chongolio for making the Ohana Hut a reality.

On 2006-09-16 12:23, tikipedia wrote:
Anyway, I hope that Hanford's decision to restrict Ohana Huts to those people who posted previously/joined prior to Sept. 9 will not lead to any trouble. In the litigious society we live in today, you can always find somebody, who had their offer recinded, claim a 'violation of verbal contract' deal, or some BS like that.

It wouldn't be violation of a verbal contract, because it was all in writing. (Unless of course the admins go back in time and modify the posts and logs.)

Am I going to sue because of this? No, even though I think there is a good possibility that I could win if I wanted to waste my money, and Hanford's, and Stuckie's on a law suit. Do I agree and think that changing the rules after the fact is fair and right? No.

[ Edited by: MikeyTiki 2006-09-16 12:33 ]

T

Well, I picked ten because a member is a Socialite then. Its the same reason that TC's creater picked ten to become this level and not twenty. But it was a semi good number. But I can drop the idea of people needing to post at all and just say that hopefully a lesson is learned here and that would only apply to the give and take.

M

On 2006-09-13 22:04, pdrake wrote:
heheheehee, i was going to stay out of this, but something pablus said struck me. i'm pretty new here, but i try to contribute and i've made friends. friends that mean a lot to me. i think i'll stay awhile.

on that note, i promise to use mine to share it with inky louise and mr. smiley. that was my plan all along. there will be pictures, i promise. it's a mug to share with ohana. not just for ohana to own. plus, anyone that comes to vegas and want's a drink at my house is welcome to drink from it with me. it will be used and chereished as a rememberence of the support i've received from this forum.

also the hard work of stucki, chongo and hanford. thanks you guys.

zazz!at least Inky and I will be able to enjoy one--thanks pdrake!

O

Is it too late to get one? (Just kidding)
Ojaitimo

K

where is the information to purchase one. What time to they go on sale on the 20th, do you have to purchase on the 20th, where to you enter the code? You know questions like these. I thought I saw it somewhere but now I cannot find that information. Please help.

Here is the link to buy the Ohana Hut on the 20th. http://www.munktiki.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=TC
The link is not activated but will be on the 20th. There will be a text field on the ordering page where you will enter your code.
If you were one of the first 50 to post I would reccomend you place the order as soon as possible. You dont have to place your order on the 20th, if you got a code you've got a spot.
Like I said before not all the Ohana Huts are ready. Ive got around 40 glazed and ready to ship and another dozen ready to glaze which will be ready in another week or so.

If your hut is ready and I havent received an order from you I'll send you a message letting you know.

-stuckie

HOK

If not to late , I'm in...

HOK

If not to late , I'm in...

On 2006-09-18 08:55, stuckieshaft wrote:
If you were one of the first 50 to post I would reccomend you place the order as soon as possible. You dont have to place your order on the 20th, if you got a code you've got a spot.
Like I said before not all the Ohana Huts are ready. Ive got around 40 glazed and ready to ship and another dozen ready to glaze which will be ready in another week or so.

If your hut is ready and I havent received an order from you I'll send you a message letting you know.

-stuckie

Sir Stuckie, Tiki Knight of the Ohana Table, a question for you...

So the order in which we replied to the post is the order the mugs are going out? So if I replied xth, I get x/90 hut?

New to this,
Michael

T

Uh oh,...

I noticed this post - but alas haven't been notified that I am amongst the lucky 100.

Have I lost out or am I to be notified of where to send my check for an Ohana Hut?

Thanks,

Brian Natov

Since many of us are interested, how about a different run. Is that possible?

M

On 2006-09-18 23:02, Tikibri wrote:

Uh oh,...

I noticed this post - but alas haven't been notified that I am amongst the lucky 100.

Have I lost out or am I to be notified of where to send my check for an Ohana Hut?

Thanks,

Brian Natov

How did you get on the list if this is your first post on TC?

D

The Munktiki link for purchasing is down!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies