Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Queen K Update Sept. 10th page 16 new bone &pig mug

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies

Hi all, just finished a club like piece where I added bone, and the finished canoe, I am also curently working on a manzanita manaia, I have just roughed it out so far. hope you like the pictures

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-08-03 12:45 ]

Very cool Amy. Love that 2nd item, the war club looking manzanita piece. Nice design, awesome wood color, the braid really adds detail.

Amy!

Love the club!

Nice contrast between colors and natural materials!

I have to say, I love the bone with wood club piece it just pops! The outrigger oarsman bone is awesome, lots of tiny detail I can't imange doing that with out one of those big magnifying desk lens these days ha! Great job Amy it was fun to chat about it with you. Teach me to carve someday I have a kitchen sink :D

B

Amy, So Happy to see you posting your Killer stuff again. You have come a Long way, Just Lookit how great your stuff is coming out. And the Cords are getting Tighter too!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement! Thank you Ben, I am really trying to get better and cleaner pieces. I am really back into carving again, although my hands are starting to hurt ...lol
but I like the wood a lot. Here is a piece I started last night,the picture suck as usual, my appologies. It's very rough and it has a lot going on, I might do it for the new swap if it comes out good.

Thanks again everyone

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-08-04 11:14 ]

hi All, I lost my conoe necklace at oasis, if anyone found it, please let me know, thanks !

Amy

Amy, it's gotta show up. It's such a beautiful & unique piece, no one would have the cajones to keep and wear it. Like stealing the Mona Lisa, where could you display it without getting caught?

Aloha Amy!! Very Cool pieces of art!!Keep it up, Aloha, Mooney

Thanks Mike, I got an email this morning that someone found it and he did like it...lol

he will return, so its coming home. Yea!

Amy

:D

B

HappyHappyHappy There's hope for the humans yet

T

Wow, someone found it AND is returning it. How cool!

Thanks all for the good wishes. Ed is great, he PM'd me right away. In the mean time I made another canoe a bit different. I used beads for the necklace part, hope you like it.

Amy

Very cool Amy, does that manzanita wood grow near you? We have it in the Laguna Mountains between Imperial Valley and San Diego

hi Mike, it grows up the mountain behind palm springs, it is illegal to cut, but there's plenty on the ground. Many artists in Idyllwild make beautiful items out of it. I love the color, I am going to try some bigger pieces of it.

Amy

I liked the first one, but I like the second even more, especially the wave patterns on the side of the boat.

Thanks 4WD, I appreciate it! Here's another bone piece, I need to sand and finish, just did this last night.

Amy

K

Wow Queen K... those are really nice! I totally dig the canoe piece!

T

Nice. I'm digging the paddles on the new canoe.

Thanks Kahaka and BigT, I apreciate it, I am going to try a resin of the canoes to see how they come out

amy

new carving, Just roughed it out last night, still have a lot of cleaning and detail to add, let me know your thoughts , thanks

T

I love this little idol, Queen K!

What came to my mind immediately after I saw this? Tiki Gumby! Must be the legs...!

T

On 2009-08-24 10:27, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
new carving, Just roughed it out last night, still have a lot of cleaning and detail to add, let me know your thoughts , thanks

Lookin good. My thoughts are: why are u holding him over the sink? Did you just give em a bath? Don't drop that little dude down the drain! :P

Thank you TikiG, your right, he is an ancestor of Gumby....lol

BigT The sink is my carving area...lol I do what I can with what I have

Amy

B

Cool Little dude Amy, I Love his expression, I think he's afraid of the Bath too. You are gonna be giving lessons soon. Keep up the good works.

thanks Ben I am cleaning it up now . I think I have more freedom with wood and bone, I like carving them, thanks always for all the help it really has motivated me to try more :)

Amy

Nice job on the little bugger so far, Amy, keep up the good work. I
really like your canoe pendant too, happy that you got it back.

Thanks Conga, I like the canoe guys too!

Amy

C

I like him a lot so far, specially the face.

S

Keep up the nice work amy.
I liked the neckless story drama with pic's

Clarita and seek, thank you, I am so happy to get the necklace back too!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-09-10 09:19 ]

Hi All, new Bone piece I just started to shape and rough out and I used the chubby cannibal as my inspiration. Also, I included Pictures of My Pig Diver mug from the Babalu and Squid get together last Saturday. I have been working on it all week, a little more cleaning and I hope to be done. Thanks for all the feed back

Amy

B

Amy, That Pig Diver is looking Awesome, Really neat, with Lots of great detail. The bone is coming out too, Very good stuff girl!

M
Murph posted on Thu, Sep 10, 2009 2:02 PM

Ha, that pig diving mug is crazy... love it!

I'm with ben that pig dive looks great as does the rest of your art,Keep em coming,Aloha, Mooney

Hi all, I have finished shaping my canibal dude, I have cleanup to do and sanding, hope you like it.

Amy

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Sep 24, 2009 2:56 PM

Love it Amy!

bbbuuuRRRP!! whew

B

Amy,Your little cannibal is really cool. He looks like he just finished a big meal and is looking for another person,,errr, meal.
What tools are you using Amy, you are getting great detail. I need some of those.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Sep 24, 2009 9:10 PM

Love it. A lot of expression in that face.

Thanks TikiG and Murph, This one seemed to just flow, I will work on cleanup next week, thanks for the kind words! :)

Benz, no one does detail like you! I will post the pictures of the bits when i get back Monday, I actually got new ones on ebay in different grits and they really remove the bone.....This piece was like Butter....

Amy

Cool stuff Amy...nice job with the cannibal.

Mooney, Conga, thanks much, I am really enjoying carving bone. hope to finish the pig diver soon, he is drying nicely :)

Amy

That's a BIG bone! Nice work!

C

very cool bone guy and piggy!

thank you surfin and Clarita!

Ben, sorry i forgot, will get you those photos this week

Hi All, Thought I would post, I finally finished the cannibal guy, and started on a piece for MDMike. Here is the cannibal. The two little guys on the necklace are made of tiny pebbles.....

Amy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies