Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 337 replies

H

More happy customers... suck em up!
Mahalo guys! We dig your jumbo frank!

H

Alie & Gecko stopped by last month... and just in time too.
Our puffers were sooooo dusty. lol!

Lots of fun guys! Next time on Oahu!

Da Geck

w/ Erik the Red, Gecko and Alie.

Nami, our Rasta Cupie gets a serious shaka lesson!

w/ Pokolo Lolita on the lagoon.

H

My brother from another mother Pacific Beach carver Erik The Red kindly models our latest work-shirts and summer plaids, by our good friends at Lucky 13.

Wow! Just in time for Zombie Island! Don't forget, special orders don't upset us (and we ship!)

Black work-shirt w/Coco buttons, cut & sew leopard detailing

Embroidered shrunken heads!

Rockabilly Red snap-front w/ a trio of shrunken Shriners embroidered up front...

...and a Zombie silkscreen on the rear!

The back of this Gruesome Green plaid features a bevy of surf culture icons

skulls, shrunken heads, more skulls, more shrunken heads and a tattooed wahine w/ iron cross pasties perched atop a tiki alter!

if that weren't enough ... there's even an embroidered pocket shrunky! Hot damn tamale!

"Hey bro, does this pose make me look gay?" -ETR

GIRLS ZOMBIE GOODIES COMING SOON!

H

Freaky Boutiki enjoyed a visit from the legendary Von Trap Family of Singers last week and ...

oh wait this was just some enormous brood of toe headed kids who love tikis. Every kid is roughly ten months older than their next youngest sibling! Super friendly, intelligent and well mannered.

Usually when this many kids come into the shop at once they are sent by travelling gypsy clans send to shoplift and give me the evil eye.

BUT, When the littlest boy pictured started opening a fragile and valuable Sailor Jerry paper parasol, his next oldest brother who could not have been more than seven, noticed and explained that it was neither a toy nor a functional rain umbrella and looked both fragile and valuable!

What a pleasure. Come see us again any time kids!

Gumballs are on the house!

B

Hey, that middle kid is "throwing a gang sign"! Nah - they look like a nice group -o- kids. I would have killed myself if I had 7 kids like the 1 I have! Looking forward to the fem-zombie fashions!

Thanks for checking in Beadtiki. I'll get the girly pix up asap...

BUT FIRST ... Back by popular demand:

The Tahitian style pareos modeled by those crazy Flyin'Hawaiian Sisters in our last Tiki Magazine ad sold out very quickly indeed.

Designed in Hawaii, the assortment of colors I have just recieved is truely breathtaking and as usual, kindly priced.

ST

Man, I want all those shirts!!! Sizes and prices??

On 2008-06-18 18:53, Surf tiki wrote:
I want all those shirts!!! Sizes and prices??

LOL! Great huh? These are available up to 3XL and cost less than taking your Bettie to dinner and a movie! Check your PMs for details.

H

Gouly, oops, I mean Girly goodies have arrived!

Order now to recieve your size in time for Zombie Island!

This sexy Tiki Tie Halter has details to dazzle contrasting a skull-clutching tiki with a sweet bamboo & ribbon dangle on the left hip...

(the back zips for a slenderizing hourglass fit! Hot Hot!)

Our new Mai-Tai Ruin girlie tee sports an asian pin-up perched atop a hurricane glass w/ skull stem!

Voodoo Diner Blouse features embroidered hibiscus flowers & L13 logo on the front... and a full color fire-dancing, skull-wearing island priestess on the back!

(this great image also available as a front print girlie tee!)

Special guest model: Toni's python, Cy! Thanks for not biting or strangling me.

B

Ok Hank...them is some mighty fine looking shirts there! I'm headed down....

Eric the Red is a born runway model don't ya think?

T

Put you back on top

Love all the pics, looks like a good time over there. Man, that is some back tattoo. Love the snake picture.

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Jul 3, 2008 4:46 PM

My favourite thread in the marketplace! I'm curious about the black+leopard, and the green plaid shirts...I think I need one (or both?)

OHH A Drive Through Freaky Boutiki would be awesome !!!!:) I too could not find parking on my journey to visit the famous Boutiki!!I drove by at least 10 times. :) I now know the way of the parking!!

On 2008-07-03 22:30, TikiTodsmack wrote:
OHH A Drive Through Freaky Boutiki would be awesome !!!!:) I too could not find parking on my journey to visit the famous Boutiki!!I drove by at least 10 times. :) I now know the way of the parking!!

LOL! Once upon a time a hamburger joint operated out of a back winow here!

"the way of the parking"

If none of the 30 minute spots on Mission Boulevard are open, just head east on Santa Clara to loads of free parking. On busy days you might have to circle once or twice but things open up rather quickly.

To TC friends who have contacted me about Freaky Boutiki's exciting new Lucky 13 Zombiebilly gear.

I thank you very much for your patience.

I guess they must grow those Orange County rockabilly fellers pretty skinny since Despite L13's steadfast sizing claims, I'm almost positive these particular items are actually a full size off! I have XXL and XXXL on their way in all styles for us big guys and will contact interested TC members before offering them to the general public.

Expect an update within the week. My most sincere apologies for the embarassing delay. -Hodadhank

The parking lot is about 350 steps from the shop depending on the length of stride. Shorties may have to take a breather before they get there.

:)

Thanks fer the spiffy map Red!

Well looky what we have here...

New from socal shirt legend Barefoot in Paradise (aka Go Barefoot)

Yes this pattern is over twenty five years old, revived and ready to be enjoyed by a whole new generation of freaks!

*** UPDATE ***

Don't miss our booth @ Oasis8 where we'll be busting out lots more colors in both Classic and Traditional Hawaiian pullover.

Been there, done that. I'll post remaining colors and sizes shortly.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-08-19 14:59 ]

On 2008-07-16 13:20, hodadhank wrote:
Thanks fer the spiffy map Red!
[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-07-16 15:04 ]

That map is trade marked!! Beer allows trademark infringement though. Glass, no cans. Widget is nice, micros is respectable. :)

Anyways, this is what was swimming in the Munktiki case at the Freay Boutiki..............

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-07-19 03:07 ]

Swanky looking bootie!

Hey Brad!

Thanks again for sending us one of the very last ever boxes of your plushy soft Body Glove towels.

After our chat the other day I decided to yank them off the shelves and offer my remaining selection to Oasis attendees.

Wish you we coming out this year!

**FLASH!

Another Customer Not Swindled At Freaky Boutiki!**

(who'da thunkit?)

Hi There!

The Tiki arrived just as quickly as you said it would. We really love it. It took a while to find the perfect home for him. We finally decided on having him guard our back door. He would look really cool out in the landscaping, but we didn’t want the hot and humid Houston weather to ruin him. We are attaching photos of him in his new home as well as the rest of our yard so you can see he is in good company. We look forward to stopping in again when we go back to San Diego next summer.

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Rob & Mary

Don't mention it little lady. It's our job.

Beautiful backyard!

Beautiful plumage! I see somebody who wants a cookie.

H

Having a run on our Siargoan Coconut palm tikis. BTW, Congrats to the lucky customer who snagged the six foot replica of the Hanalei Atrium tiki!

A friend has a small coconut plantation on Siargao, not far from Cloud 9 surf spot, who employs generational carvers at fair trade wages. Designs differ greatly and that's what keeps an artist happy, no matter what language you speak or what corner of the globe you do your thing. The carvers enjoyment shines through!

I figure carving's gotta be even more rewarding after fighting off the tree's natural pinchy residents.

I'll get some more after Oasis.

Just shipped a huge Moai to Houston too. Neither rain nor sleet nor 100 mph hurricane winds can prevent our deliveries!
:)

H

While visiting our shop in October, our buddy Kinny Ruzic asked for a pen to doodle with while we were chatting, and before I knew it he'd customized a set of his amazing Tiki Farm mug triptic just for you!

Sold only as a set of three, EACH mug is signed, w/2007 and hand drawn tapa edging. The tapa's different on each mug! A great year end souvenir from an enigmatic artist on the rise!

*** UPDATE ***

Gone daddy gone, but the good news is that we've just installed a fun collection of Kinny's ORIGINALS! Please stop by and take home one of these hand painted vintage acacia hangings. I shall post individually w/prices.
(Please note the painting on the far right is actually titled "sight" which makes way more sense.)

These pieces are VERY affordable and I'm sure will go fast! SD Ohana get your butts in here!

Attention Wahine's! When you weary of dodging brain hungry Zombies by Hanalei lagoon, don't miss a special selection of Hawaiian artist, Mark Swanson's latest bags and purses, beginning Saturday @ Freaky Boutiki Tent @ Oasis 8!

We've been in discussion for quite a long time and I'm so pleased to offer one of my favorite artists work to our mainland ohana.

Welcome Back Kamehameha Garment Company!

After more than a quarter century slumber this 1930's Aloha shirt pioneer has been given the kiss of life by the history minded folks at Tori Richards and Paradise Found.
Long swap meet grails for aloha shirt officianados, Kamehameha's legendary prints are available again through your friends at Freaky Boutiki!

Adam T, another young tiki fan getting into the genre though, of all avenues, Hotwheels! Sadly Shag's Vitua's Vessels come as a set.

Owners of Tamboo! in Quebec stopped to visit last week!

Among their souvenirs, a photo by the Grateful Gargantua...

A photo of a fat guy carving...

and while their lovely tribal shop appears to focus on the dark continent, that didn't stop them taking a Tiki Farm moai mug back to the great white north!
Merci mon amies.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-05 13:56 ]

Aloha! We sure had fun vending at Oasis, snuggled as we were
amidst the lush foliage between Crazy Al and the Carving Hut.

We rolled out alot of one-of-a-kind artwork and special deals
from some of the greatest names in the history of aloha garments
so I wanted to let you kids who couldn't make it play along at
home by brousing FREAKY BOUTIKI's VIRTUAL OASIS TENT.

We'll enter our VIRTUAL OASIS TENT in a moment,
... but Monkey's gonna sniff that tree first.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-18 16:08 ]

Ohhh, that's much better. (The virtual tent is 1800 square feet.)

Ok first in the booth you'd see a treasure chest of the last remaining Brad Parker's (Tiki Shark) three color Body Glove towels ever shipped to the mainland. As expected they sold out in like ten minutes.

Next to occupy the treasure chest was Ona Tiki Barware and clothing. Nami, our giant cupie was a big hit modelling some of the popular Doug Horne prints that have come to be the halmark of OnaTiki's, San Diego.

Toddler puffer tees! (Grey puffer is super LTD Edition call for availability and sizes)

Mom can match! (more designs and colors available!)

Baby double-sided bar tees! (Plenty in dad's sizes too!)

OnaTiki's Pints and Mai tai glasses!

Speak of the devil! Ona and Moki stopped by with Augie. Yep he'll be chizzlin in no time jus' like his uncles Erik & Hodaddy!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-08-24 19:15 ]

The Sign outside doesn't lie. Freaky Boutiki is San Diego's MUNKTIKI Headquarters and that big glass case in front of you is indeed filled to brimming with fresh mugs made just for you by Paul & Stuckie.

A half dozen Fugu sippers were bought up in minutes at Oasis but our virtual tent allows us to special order a fugu just for you, so relax and check out these creepy refugees from Zombie Island.

She Skull

***** SOLD *****
Shrunken Head (new casting w/o hook. holds more booze!)

***** SOLD *****
Zombie Monkey

***** SOLD *****
Skull S&P sets

***** SOLD *****
Zombie

***** SOLD *****
Tiki-A-Go-Go Japanese Edition

***** SOLD *****
Becanzo! too wild for words!

***** SOLD *****

PM anytime to request an up-to-date photo of our Munk tank!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-05 14:02 ]

Freaky Boutiki welcomed GoGo & Dani to our talented ohana of artists and craftspeople just in time for Oasis.... and a "Tiki Torch Mug" debut!

Please inquire about any Go Tiki ceramic displayed.

Attention Wahine's!

Before Shag was a twinkle in Ma & Pa Agle's eyes, young Mark Swanson was bicycling around Mid-Mod SoCal soaking up the vibes.

Today, the Oahu North Shore resident and former animator for Stephen Spielberg & George Lucas has slowed down a bit if only to focus on his lush distinctive line of wahine accessories.

Mark and I have discussed this for quite some time and I'm so pleased to finally offer one of my favorite artists work to our mainland ohana.

Mark's work was such a big hit at Oasis8. These fun bags hung all around our tent. The designs shown are available as zipper coin purse, zipped make-up clutch, strapped purse and strapped tote.

... pockets inside too!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-05 14:56 ]

H

OMG, Monica that is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen, just precious. Hodadhank, I will make sure I check out your store next time I am in S.D. It is very inviting and it is full of fun stuff.

LOL! Augie gets his first online shout-out! Yeah he's a charmer.

Introducing Andre Meza, resident Mission Beach glass artist.

Andre's glass has been collected by many Los Angeles Rap A-listers
including Snoop Dogg and some other dangerous looking guys with
metal teeth in photos hanging around his studio who Andre tells
me are famous. His Glass Moai Calabash Pipes are in such demand
he can hardly keep up. I'm just glad he puts on a Grateful Dead
cassette when I come over. Bless his heart he doesn't want me to
feel old! Somehow it does just the opposite.

Moai Sake Please!!!!
mouthblown pyrex, powdwered glass and silver Sake Set[/b]
(concept by Hodad Hank... oh and it's totally trademarked :P)

pre-pay special order only

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-18 16:03 ]

Erik The Red detailing "OLD SMOKEY".
I think Erik's gonna make this guy into a HANGING LAMP!!!!!

Smokey's Pacific cousins look on. Jealous of all the TLC perhaps?

Hey! Aren't you supposed to REMOVE plaque?

Meanwhile my Seaforth Memorial Tangaroa slumbers.

On 2008-08-26 18:29, hodadhank wrote:

(concept by Hodad Hank... oh and it's totally trademarked)

Trademarked? What could you have possibly trademarked on that piece? Do you even know what a trademark is?
Corect me if I'm wrong, but I always thought "trademarks" were for words, phrases, and logos that are used in business marketing and advertising by established business, not for specific developed and marketed products. I think that you would actually require a patent. But hey, since YOU just finished the process of registering those Moais as a trademark, then I'll let you tell me about how you were able to do it with the USPTO.

I guess this is where my confusion with trademarking begins:

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) defines trademarks and service marks as follows:

"A TRADEMARK is either a word, phrase, symbol or design, or combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, which identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods or services of one party from those of others. A service mark is the same as a trademark except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product." Furthermore, "a mark for goods appears on the product or on its packaging, while a service mark appears in advertising for the services."

I'm not buyin it! Can I see your trademark registration papers, please?

If you do not produce those papers showing that you have indeed registered that as a trademark, as you have claimed, then I am going to mass produce $15 copies out of clay of that piece and see what happens.
Better call your lawyer!
Buzzy Out!

H

On 2008-09-03 18:00, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Trademarked? ... I'm not buyin it!... I am going to mass produce $15 copies out of clay of that piece and see what happens.

That was supposed to be an "totally" obvious joke. Erik warned me to put "THE GOOFY FACE" next to every joke I post so I've amended my previous post and please look for "THE GOOFY FACE" in all future posts to indicate when you should chuckle rather than do research on Intellectual Property Law. :P

Andre is proud of his glassblowing but naive about the fact that there's really nothing new under the sun (Paul & Stuckie have probably done it already :P) and that by me merely posting this there was a likely chance that some industrious TCer would run with the idea, and that when that inevitably happened he should try to feel flattered.

He was not fishing for compliments but I'll teel him he reeled in a big one and to expect a low number of the BAY PARK SAKE SET courtesy of his Unkle Buzz! :P

Hodaddy Out! (I hope you don't have that copyrighted! :P )

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-04 10:00 ]

H

Monkey jumped almost seven feet in the air to kiss Nick Camara's ear. Now that's puppy love!

H

Virtual Oasis Continues -

Handpainted Artwork by Kinny Ruzik

I flubbed by not bringing the work of talented artist Ken Ruzik on the first day of vending or these little cuties would surely all have new homes. After Saturday's feeding frenzy most attendees we saving bread for booze, grub, booze and booze... but lets turn that frown upside down shall we? This actually worked out great for you Virtual Tent Shoppers!

Ken's Tiki Farm mug series is awesome and so are his coloring books and prints BUT here's your chance to own a unique original handpainted Ruzik.

As an artist, I would love to have such a distinctive joyous style of painting (and his vintage collection of Don King wigs :P) but mostly... I'd love to show him I can sell his artwork, and be a good Pallery Owner for the artists I dig.

These pieces are currently available only here on TC and Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach.

I wish you could hold these little fellas, many handpainted on vintage acacia bowls (from the olden timey days). Others like the one pictured below, IN THE MOUTH OF THE CANNIBAL on pine, is currently available only here on TC and Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach.

WE SHIP ANYWHERE!

I figured the next best thing to seeing them in person would be to show them in a couple different lighting situations... These will look even better in your pad than in our store grotto.

IN THE MOUTH OF THE CANNIBAL by KEN RUZIK - $80
PM now if interested.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-07 11:38 ]

SIGHT by KEN RUZIK - $59
PM now if interested.

Study from Gope Ancestral Table by Ken Ruzik - $49
PM if interested

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-18 14:04 ]

Menehunes by Ken Ruzik - $49 each or $79 pair

The Messenger by Ken Ruzik - $59

The Cheerful Greeting by Ken Ruzik - $49

The Long Breath by Ken Ruzik $59

(LtoR) Study from Elma Tribe Ancestor Board, PNG & Study from Purari Tribe Ancestor Board, PNG by Ken Ruzik - $79 set

Smiling Face by Ken Ruzik - $49

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 337 replies