Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

VampTiki Lounge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

I have a long way to go in putting my lounge together, but thought I would post a couple of pictures of my new book cases and my bamboo bar. I still need to build an overhead thatched stem-ware holder and a back bar. But the cieling in this room is 16 feet high so I have lots of room for tiki art!!! Feedback gladly encouraged. :)

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-17 17:03 ]

BB

I like it.

Thanks much....I got a long way to go on collecting mugs.....but at least the mugs will have a happy home now. :tiki:

T

Great Bar, Great shelves. Wish I had the room for that kind of thing!

Tikisgrl

fabulous shelves, but I have a stupid question.....

Couldn't you just flip one set upside down and have them meet in the middle and look like one really big piece?

Yes, you are probably right, I do need to play around with them some more....I was originally going to use them for the bar-back, but they make better mug/book holders. Here are some picks of my bamboo shelves...these are not organized either, so excuuuuuz the mess.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-07 18:54 ]

T

Looks Great Vamp! The shelves are really neat! Of course your kitsch will come with time...but you've got a good start on that!

TT

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 7:35 PM

Nice digs!

P

VERY Nice! I am really impressed with what you have so far. it has a great vintage look to it with a smattering of modern. I think you are on the right track.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-01-07 20:00 ]

Thanks for the feedback...good to know I am heading in the right direction. I also think it will be good to take my time to be sure I get things set up the right way early on. I will have to move that big framed world map in order to build the bar-back, but I have wall space elsewhere in my house to hang it. Here are the last pictures for now. This is the table where many a card game is played with my cheatin', drinkin' cussin' girlfriends. I find if I stay sober....I can win a few times. :wink:

All very nice stuff. Especially like the bar and the bar stools.

Looks like you need some art for your walls!

No kidding.....just catching a few mugs up front and then once the lounge is more stable....I can figure out what art I want. Please do try to stop me from shopping....LOL :)

I am working on some storage options behind my bar and can handle that work myself, but am in need of some help in the way of carpentry for over my bar. Excuse this goofy picture, but it was all I could find that somewhat looks like what I want. I need a custom made overhead stemware storage rack/thatch roof thingy. My bar is in the first picture on this thread. It is curved, so I would like the top area to match that in shape, then need that hut look on top. I've asked a couple of folks about the design of this and agree that it should not be attached physically to my bar, but should have its own legs to stand on (which will need to be fairly strong (probably poles). I have found several links for the stemware holders, so I can order those ahead of time, once a design is drawn up. If anyone is remotely interested in doing this project please pm me. Muchas Gracias Rum Luvers!!!

Looking GREAT so far! Your pad is gonna look POPPIN when you finally finish it! All the elements are coming together!Very STOKED for you! You'll get that over the bar thing solved in no time! You TCers and your resourcefulness and creativity amaze me! You go girl! :D

M

That shelving unit is insane. I WANT IT!! What a gorgeous piece of wood! Thanks for sharing pix.

Thanks LLT...I know someone will have pity on me and help out...LOL.

Good news is that I do have a little collection of some artwork by various TCers, so gonna do some frame shopping on Monday. Then I can start fillin' up them bare walls and buy more. I'm thinking one of those magenta babies of yours would look good, checking my coinage now. :D

Hi, looks great, you have some very nice things! Are you planning on doing any painting? I love color. When Matt & I bought our house, it had orange shag carpeting in really poor shape and popcorn ceilings. We ripped everything out and painted the whole house hospital white to brighten it up.

Well, that was 7 years ago, now I think almost every wall is painted in color if not covered in matting!! It took time to do, but we absolutely love living with color, it really enhances art and gives life to those white walls. Just my humble opinion. But then, Matt & I both have art backgrounds so we could only take it for so long, ha!!

The place is looking great!!

Yes, needs some paint or something, but not exactly sure what I want to do yet. It will need to blend in with the rest of my home as it is all very open. As you enter the front door, the lounge (originally the living room) is on the left and the dining room is on the right, then straight ahead is the living room (formerly the family room) which is also open to a large kitchen. It is good to have the open areas for entertaining. When I bought my home I was able to select lots of upgrades (which...if you get what you really want can drain your bank account), but the one thing I couldn't afford was to have more than the basic paint. I was very lucky to find that the basic color in my home is a creamy ecru and not a real white, plus they are textured.

What I am going to investigate this weekend is having the walls papered in grasscloth. I think that will give the room additional texture and a hint of color. I want the color of grasscloth that will blend well with bamboo and rattan. I like the looks of your walls TikiMookie, and did a room like that by myself at my old house and it looked great. I want to have the ceilings covered in matting with bamboo too. There now, I feel financially drained just thinking about all of this...LOL.

mzoltorp....those bookcases were a crazy find at a consignment store and luckily they were in great shape and I didn't have to do any work on them. They are a neat design.

I am going to go for some bamboo style frames for my art. Sumbuddy send me sum money. :lol:

Edited...to remove grasscloth picture...since I didn't choose that option.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-04-08 04:26 ]

I have decided to go with paint for the walls. In researching the grasscloth with some folks, they all say that over the years it collects a lot of dust and I need to avoid that (Asthma). I have a very mild green Corian called "Caribbean" in my kitchen so will match that. Will get the painting done this year and start hanging up some art.

Pardon me for posting more pictures here, but I have ordered a fabulous gal tiki from 4WDtiki and want him to see where she will live.

4WDtiki...these are the columns in my front entry that I wrote you about. The gal will go in front of the left one (I will move that radio over), and eventually the guy in front of the right column. Hope this helps...I am so excited about getting my first "real" tiki.

Where the guy will go.

Where the gal will go.

Pre-tiki.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-20 20:01 ]

OK...lounge is in the process of being painted (3 walls). Found out the ceiling is only 14 (not 16) feet. :) Good news though...my Von Franco Tiki Cruiser can be hung over my fridge...I am thrilled about that...I think it will look great there.

I really wanted an oatmeal color, but it looks more goldenrod...which, in the end, will be fine as a contrast for the bamboo. The painting will be done tomorrow and hopefully the bike will get hung too. I was going to have tikis stenciled on the walls, but found out what I bought was for an airbrush, so no stencils. I will eventually have enough artwork to add the necessary pizazz to the walls anyway. I plan on vibrant mats with bamboo-style frames...all in good time, and have some art already collected.

Got a wicker cabinet for the booze and (thanks to someone here on TC) was able to get it darkened up with varnish so it will blend with the bar.

I still need a custom made overhead stemware storage rack/thatch roof thingy for over the bar...may have to wait till next year for that and hopefully a Bamboo Ben ceiling (I'm still dreaming of that). Must rob bank...must rob bank...must rob bank!!!! :D

I'll be back with progress pics later.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-03-24 20:03 ]

T

On 2008-03-24 19:48, VampiressRN wrote:
OK...lounge is in the process of being painted (3 walls). Found out the ceiling is only 14 (not 16) feet. :) Good news though...my Von Franco Tiki Cruiser can be hung over my fridge...I am thrilled about that...I think it will look great there.

Sounds cool but just make just it comes off the wall now and then for alittle spin around the block. Too cool of a bike not to use it for what the chain is on there for. Wish I was able to buy a Franco bike. Sniff Sniff, Oh well.

Later, cool parties (over in Events right now)

Hey Vamp- Don't move that radio too far - that thing's beautiful!

Thanks Sam...it is a Crosley repo. Reminds me of one my Dad gave me when I was a little girl, for my playhouse...had it till I was about 25 yrs old, then it got ruined by water damage in a funky place where the ex and I first lived. I never forgot that radio...it started my lifelong love of music. This Crosley has a really nice sound too.

I don't think the color shows up well in these pics, but the walls are now a soft gold/hint of greenish tinge. I have tons of work to still do, since I have to hire people to do all the work...but I am most excited about getting my Von Franco Tiki Cruiser hung. It is a nice fit above the fridge.

H
harro posted on Sun, Mar 30, 2008 7:13 PM

Cool!! The bike is like, right up there! First couple of pics I thought I was looking at it wrong way round or something then the last puts it all in persective with the fridge etc. I take it you dont need to pick up the paper and milk each morning with it (unless you're really really tall :lol: )? My brother has one of those Von Franco bikes and I really love it, he chooses just to display it as well - though I did ride it around the block a few times.

Look forward to more pics.

PS very well stocked bar too!

Wow, you did it up right Vamp!!!

R
Robin posted on Mon, Mar 31, 2008 1:28 PM

I don't usually check these threads, (I'm pretty lazy...sorry)but I'm glad I did today! That shelving unit is really really nice...I'm really really jealous...

The hanging bike is a great display piece over the fridge.

You've really put together a nice place to hang out.

I have to agree with Harro on the bar!

Aloha VampiressRN!
Wow! Your house is looking smoother each pic,diggin the bike and the shelf set up , keep the fun a flowin and lots of Great art and MANY Excellent artists to help you out,Aloha your friend, Mooney

BS

Holy intent to sell, batman! That's some kind of well stocked bar if I ever saw it.

And that wavy-gravy bookshelf is fabuloso, any idea who made it? I'd build a few for the TCers if it's not still in production.

[ Edited by: bamboo stu 2008-04-07 17:31 ]

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. I got that shelving at a local consignment store. It doesn't have any markings on it, but whoever made it did a nice job. It is supported in the back by a cross-wire and it is a beautiful selection of wood plus a great design. All the stock will go in my cabinet, just need to get another shelf stained to set the cabinet on and make it higher and provide more storage underneath. My handyman secured the bamboo shelves to the wall and they have new glass shelving, so this part of the lounge is done...all my glasses are stored there.

F

Very cool shelving, Vamp. I am jealous over the amount of liquor and glassware you have. Love the Von Franco Cruiser too.

S
sungod posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2008 8:20 PM

Okay, after one toooooo many. Who will be the first to try and climb up and ride the bike?

:lol: :lol: Good one!!! Hopefully nobody will be scaling the fridge to get a wild ride on that baby.

I just couldn't wait until this gets hung in my lounge, so pardon the picture of it on the floor. This is the absolutely awesome sign my wonderful friend, Ken (Moondog426) made for me as a gift. How cool is that!!!

Gonna hang it on the wall for now, and when I get a thatch roof for over my bar it will headline there....WOOOOOOHOOOOOO. hugshugsKen :D

From another thread - Bananabobs wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-10 19:16, VampiressRN wrote:

I see these topics over and over and sometimes people get distanced because of their opinions...I always find it sad when a fight ensues, as this is such a wonderful community and I do appreciate diversity.

Vampiress, you're a classy lady.

Let me say ditto to that. Vamp, love the sign. Your place is really shaping up. If I ever make it to the other coast again the Vamp Tiki Lounge is going to be a must see!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU...

I am ready to throw a party for you and BB at the drop of a hat (or should I say mug). :D

wow, VampiressRN, just love your tiki hangout!! You've done a great job decorating. I love your bike too! Not familiar with the make, but it looks really cool. Is it had to put up over the fridge though? Looks cool though. Love your shelving unit and tiki mug collection.

I admit that I have been spending all my money over the past couple of years on dishes and home decor and have neglected my lounge. The VampTiki Lounge is well stocked and gets good usage during Tiki parties and when I have card games. Bigger is better...at least in the bar...I wish I had more storage and need to get the top of my bar cleaned off as I put so much stuff there it is not user-friendly to bar-tending or the guests sitting there. I won't have the money this year, but next year I would love to get an overhead storage area built so I can keep things in easy reach...such as shakers, etc. Wish I had a sink too, but no room...se la vi.

How do folks use overhead units...what suggestions do you have? Bring it on..I can take it...LOL P.S...the bike stays. :wink:

A

The bike is awesome! Also the bar and all your shelving, chairs, etc. Jealous!
How about a rolling cart for storing the booze?

I feel at home now in the new forum...thanks Hanford. :)

Thanks amybean...I should have mentioned, all the booze is now in the tall cabinet behind the bar and that works very well...so my bar is not cluttered with that.

My bar top is cluttered with containers of drink swag, mixers, coasters, etc. I do need to arrange the storage shelves underneath the back of the bar to help out...they could benefit from pull out shelves.

I will have to take some more pictures during the daylight so my plight makes more sense. :wink:

(edited for spelling...you would think at my age I could get it right)

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2010-03-06 20:29 ]

On 2008-03-30 00:06, VampiressRN wrote:
Thanks Sam...it is a Crosley repo. Reminds me of one my Dad gave me when I was a little girl, for my playhouse...had it till I was about 25 yrs old, then it got ruined by water damage in a funky place where the ex and I first lived. I never forgot that radio...it started my lifelong love of music. This Crosley has a really nice sound too.

I don't think the color shows up well in these pics, but the walls are now a soft gold/hint of greenish tinge. I have tons of work to still do, since I have to hire people to do all the work...but I am most excited about getting my Von Franco Tiki Cruiser hung. It is a nice fit above the fridge.

Is that by chance some form of Magnum PI on one of your shelves there? Love you bar!

Yes that is indeed Magnum PI...I also have the Terminator, Elvis, Don Ho and Steve McGarrett all from Tiki Farm. You too can have these fabulous mugs http://www.tikifarm.com/tiki_mugs_p5.htm

BK

Gawd, I love those shelves!

VampTiki got installed back in her guard post today.

Yeah...I lucked out on those shelves, thanks for the comps. Got them at a consignment store...never seen anything like them before and they look very good with the other furniture I have in my lounge. I need to spiff up the lounge and get some new pix to post...will probably do that next weekend.

ARGGGGG!!! I just ordered some stuff from Tikifarm and completely missed that page. Now I have to place another order....stupid shipping cost.. AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG ......oooo rum!

J
Jetson posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 4:21 AM

OMG, I love those shelves. I have to get some. Your place looks rockin though. I love how its coming together bit by bit.

[ Edited by: Jetson 2010-09-07 04:22 ]

It's time for more photos. You have a wall of great art to show off, Wendy

BT

Love the space! Look forward to seeing it come together so don't stop posting those pic's please.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies