Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

VampTiki Lounge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

An email from my handyman indicates Mr Marquesan is now ensconced in his corner in the dining room. I'll be eager to see him when I get home from Oasis...he was also hanging my giant swizzle stick and my Marq Travelers and 2 pieces of framed art.
:tiki: DOING THE HAPPY DANCE...will post pics later.

Can't wait to see some new pics of the dining room updates.

more vamp stuff in Vegas...

Thanks hang10. My handyman is going to move a couple of large framed maps around in my dining room tomorrow and I will try to snag some photos this weekend. Mr Marquesan looks quit comfy in his spot and actually has some fake fauna to help blend in to the decor. I got a little cleaning up to do in the lounge then should be ready to get some pics in there before the crawl. Got my Marq Travelers and my Giant Swizzle up too...wooooooopy!!!

T

Maybe your handyman can build a surround for the fridge. From there, decorate it any way you want. As fir the doors...automotive paint. Take them off and go to a body shop. Mid century seafoam green and white pin striping with your bar's name?

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to have money drop from heaven some day so I can snag an Elmira or Big Chill fridge...green would be my dream.

I am so thrilled...just purchased a Witco World Map which will go in my dining room. That is a room still under decor changes but has my 10 foot SF Trader Vic's Marquesan in the corner and is predominantly maps. The Witco will go on the wall behind where I took this photo from above an antique mirror.

V
Great, where did u find it?

Jon

The wonderful world of Facebook brought it my way. I guess I was in the right place at the right time with the right mula...dreams do come true when you are an Internet junkie like me...LOL. I'll get a picture of it once my handyman gets it up.

:)

We are looking forward to seeing it in real life instead of a photo. Congratulations, Wendy

Here are some pictures of the map from the seller at her home.

So awesome...

Very nice Marlene-might say outta this world.
Cheers, David

Oh so nice with the Eames Lounge Chair.

BK

I'm loving the whole room!

Update??
:wink:

Jon

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Mar 27, 2013 9:04 PM

On 2013-03-27 08:23, hang10tiki wrote:
Update??
:wink:

Jon

Yes let's see some updates!

I don't have the map up yet, plan on taking it out of the box this weekend and then when my handyman is available, I will have it placed in the dining room. I will try to get some updated pictures this weekend or next....gonna have to be via cellphone. Sorry for being such a slowpoke.

Dang...didn't get any photos, but had Longboard over today to share my lounge. Always great meeting new Tikiphiles.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-03-31 20:07 ]

I have not tired any of these concoctions yet, so anyone is welcome to make suggestions...they are just content placeholders for the drinks on my menu. I love how other folks have their own bar menu so just playing with one for mine.

Bring on the critics!!!

Squirt!

Love the names of your drinks

Jon

Ha Ha Ha....just checking to see if you were reading ATP!!!!

That Witco piece is a great find. I want one! But then I say that about everything I see on this forum.

Oh yes Vamp, really love the custom recreating of the old drink menus!!

The original pictures of my Witco Map do it more justice, but here it is at its new home in the Bali Hai Dining Room. It is up high but it looks great, excuse my poor photography. I have plenty of room on my walls for more maps!!!

I should say I want to put more maps up in the Bali Hai Dining Room, but the other option is masks...I don't have any...so chime in here and let me know what you think.

It's an old picture but I have a question about making the storage more efficient for that bar. I don't want to do anything to devalue it, the back has doors and shelves and everything is original. The problem with the shelves in the back is once you open the doors, the shelves are deep and on the bottom ones you essentially would have to get down on your hands and knees to find anything in there. I am thinking about having a professional carpenter put drawer slides and some sectioned drawers in place for all the shelves. Thoughts?

Sounds like it would work great and make it much easier to get to your items.

Love the Witco world

Jon

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-06-23 13:41 ]

M

How about a larger back bar!

PP

OMG soooooo cool!!!!! love all the room you have, lovin the high ceilings and the new orange color too!!!!!! too cool, plus u have your own menu too
wow too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very nice to see cool collections , pictures of the tiki, bars,, from all members here.
I just create nice ,ambien atmosphere my simple Tiki Buddha lounge..Please click the link below and watching in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Av9k6lkD5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Na0TPu-G0c

Thanks

That's so fun to see. Witco made some great things. Now this map is in a very good home. Wendy

tonkinam...your place looks great, how cool to have it on Youtube.

YOu are right Wendy...the map has a good home. I also received a gift from Lori/Tikilongbeach. She sent me some fabulous maps and I have plans for those.
(HUGSHUGS Lori!!!)

The VampTiki Lounge has been in limbo since the Mother Unit came to live with me. I am slowly still collecting special little pieces of art though. Just had to share a wonderful carving from an oak table leaf that Andy did. It is just beautiful and I have it next to my front door. Pardon the crooked picture, it doesn't do it justice. Now I need another one for the other side of my front door...I have an order in. :)

On 2013-05-05 12:53, VampiressRN wrote:
I have not tired any of these concoctions yet, so anyone is welcome to make suggestions...they are just content placeholders for the drinks on my menu. I love how other folks have their own bar menu so just playing with one for mine.

Bring on the critics!!!

I will have a This Sucks please!! Monday is just around the corner and this weekend was to awesome. Things are looking good Vamp. :D

D
dtel posted on Thu, Jun 19, 2014 12:00 AM

Just seen this, I love the maps and the shelves are very cool, Ok I like everything, the bike is a great idea, I love it being used like that.

Those wood shelves are very unusual, I have never seen any even close to that before, Very nice looking home.

Those shelves are very unique, I consider myself blessed to have them. They were in the window of a Home Consignment Store in Roseville (the town next to me). I fell in love with them and kept going back to look at them over and over, until I could stand it no longer...THEY WERE MINE!!! There is no marking on them that I could tell. They are a perfect color to blend in with other furniture in the lounge. I need to clean up my mug collection on them and get a better picture.

Thanks for the complements.

PP

wow, your place is looking awesome!!! how on earth did you get the tiki from the Trader Vics?? that's tooooo cool!!! also, sooooo love your Witco atlas, that's one of my must have favorite Witco's of all time!!! One day I'll find one!!!
PS on another note, is your mother unit's room also tiki or African safari ?? lol

I was going Hawaiian in the Mother Unit's place, but she didn't like the wallpaper so I had it removed and it is just plain now. The room is furnished with the first bedroom set she and my Dad ever had from the 50's. Full bed, 2 side tables, chest of drawers and vanity. I think it is an ash veneer...very nice looking.

I am also blessed to have that awesome TV Marq. There was a warehouse sale that TV held about 3 years ago and Tikiphiles came from near and far attended to purchase fabulous treasures. Mike Remmel originally bought him. When he downsized and sold off some of his collection, I snagged the Marq. He is delightfully happy in his corner overlooking the Bali Hai Dining Room and the VampTiki Lounge.

Just keep checking all your sources and a map will come your way some day. I have been wanting that for eons. If it is meant to be, it will happen.

New entry way rug...release the Kraken and fabulous plank carvings by Andy (McTiki).

M

Very nice!

H

Nice rug and nice carvings.

Vamp- u got a lot o McTiki in da house

Awesome...

That is true...it may turn into a McHouse.

Vamp,

Nice carvings.

Your place is really inviting.

-Longboard

Wow Marlene, :o

Not only do the 10 pages of your Vamptiki Lounge tell me how long it's been since I spent much time on TC but your place has become even more amazing!
It also tells me how long it's been since I was able to see it in person.
Great job. :drink:

awesome as always!!!!! we need to see the mother unit room!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies