Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

VampTiki Lounge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

I will sneak into her room and get some pictures when I can...her furniture is very plain but total 50's. I have thoughts for decorating that room some day in the future and am collecting art to do that with. I am going with an underwater theme. Artsy fartsy fishy critters on the walls....gotta find some MCM lamps with an ocean theme...but not is a hurry. so plenty of time to shop.

I need a different chandelier in my Bali Hai Dining Room. I am thinking a big World Globe with some Tikis, so probably going to have to draw my design and have someone make it for me. That is also a project for the future...but my brain is brewing.

I also need a male Tiki for the other column in my entry way. I am thinking a 6 or 7 foot Ku would look great...another future purchase I need to make.

I have some new art work I need to get framed too for the lounge and the dining room.

I have been buying more mugs lately (imagine that) and think I need to move the real drinking glasses off my bamboo stands so I can start placing more mugs there as they are outgrowing the current wall racks. That means I really need to get an overhead glass storage unit built over my bar, so all my drinking glasses will be above the bar. I think it needs to be wood/metal/bamboo. Needs to be sturdy, the poles can rest on the top of my bar...need to store stemware and glasses. I wonder if I should get some iron works place to build the frame...just not sure what to do. As usual, I am never in a hurry so will have time to think about it. Wish I had carpentry skills!!!

I love McTiki's work. They look great. What a cool rug. You've done a lot since we were last there. See you in a couple of weeks, Wendy

PP

so glad to see that Octopi are "excepted" as tiki, cuz Ive got a bunch in my bath room!!!! wish I had room for that rug its killer!
Also, where does one find a McTiki carving? those are way cute!!!!
is your bike still hanging from the ceiling too???

Here is my latest acquisition from Kevin Murray...7 ft Ku. Will be getting it delivered in the future and it will be in my entry way across from VampTiki.

T

On 2014-10-12 11:36, VampiressRN wrote:
Here is my latest acquisition from Kevin Murray...7 ft Ku. Will be getting it delivered in the future and it will be in my entry way across from VampTiki.

That tiki is awesome! It must weigh a ton (or two).... Killer rug too, is it one of a kind?

That's an AWESOME carve
Congratulations
Can't wait to see when you get him

Jon

Z

Oh, that's a killer ku! Nice.

I have a whole herd of solar Tiki lights. My HOA has disapproved them for my yard (Nazis!!!) so I am thinking a couple might be good in my lounge. Is there a way to transform a solar light into am electric light?

I am going to sell them all (except for a couple of pair) for half price if anyone is interested in them.

http://www.amazon.com/Newhouse-Lighting-TIKILED4-Flickering-Torches/dp/B0081EP00C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1413525005&sr=8-7&keywords=tiki+torch

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2014-10-16 22:55 ]

Ikea had these little LED sting of lights (battery powered)
that you could just drop in the torch area.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00277215/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50277519/

If you unscrew the caps, you will see a bracket holding 2 AA rechargeable batteries. You can replace those with regular batteries and they will work just fine. You may have to cover and uncover the light receptor to toggle them on and off.

Vampiress! I love it all!

T

You have some treasures. Nice work!

I really do need some new pictures of my progress. I am still changing up a few things. Just want to share the new piece of art I am getting from New Zealand from carver Bino Smith. I think this will be a good fit for one of the pillars in my entry way.

That's an awesome piece you're getting you little blood sucker!

H

Beautiful piece looks very large.

Velly nice Vamp, your taste is impeccable!
Cheers

Thanks everyone....sometimes certain pieces speak to me and this surely did. I'll get pics when it is up.

This is the first time I've seen this thread. You have acquired some incredible pieces! That is a really cool space.

AK

Wow, I saw his post and your comment and came here to see if you posted which one you choose. This is so beautiful. I hope we'll be able to see your room when you have it finished. Wendy

Keith is working on an enclosed cupboard for me, as I don't like having my glasses out on open shelves cause they get dusty. When I get that in the lounge and move things around, I will get pictures. Still can't have a party as the Mother Unit is not supportive of that. I am going to move all my bowls to a new area too so I have more room for mugs. Plus I want to get Hine Moana secured in her new home. When that is all done, I'll give you a shout Wendy & Dan and maybe you can swing by for a gawk!!!

On 2015-09-22 21:12, VampiressRN wrote:
Keith is working on an enclosed cupboard for me, as I don't like having my glasses out on open shelves cause they get dusty.

Hey Vamp, If you use em, dey neva get dusty.
Cheers , your place is awesome

That is true. My lounge has been in limbo since the Mother Unit moved in with me a couple of years ago. Still collecting and trying to improve the lounge though as you can never stop the hammering!!!

Any new pics?

PP

where did you get your killer octopus rug dear???

I'll give you a shout Wendy & Dan and maybe you can swing by for a gawk!!!

Sounds like fun, Wendy

I haven't done any crafting in over 20 years, so getting itchy fingers. Unfortunately, I don't have a craft room and still don't have my sewing room set up. But throwing my issues out the window and planning on making a life-sized mermaid. I am getting a family of redwood turtles carved by Jeff from Florida and was planning on putting all these items in the living room. Change of plan...going to put them in the lounge. I have a wall for the turtles. Going to hang the mermaid from the ceiling. I still need the tapa placed on the lounge ceiling and a dropped bamboo grid for the room. Will find a temporary hanging spot for the mermaid. I have already found a mannequin, a wig, a mermaid tail and a shell bra. Just need to pull it all together with a glue gun and various jewels. Wish me luck...might take me a few months.

I have several projects in the works, but nothing done cause I just get too burned out during the week and have to give up my weekends to the Mother Unit. My never-ending plan to get my Tiki lounge ceiling done has finally come to a dead end.

I will use the Tapa for a dining room table cloth, plus I'll have left over for other projects.

I have new plans for my lounge ceiling. Going to go with decorative painting like under the ocean. I will have it painted a couple of different blues and I got an undulating ocean lamp to display on the ceiling. Going for something like this:

I have several items I will be hanging from the ceiling that are nautical in nature. This will take me a long time to complete, but the decor is in my head and mapped out on PowerPoint. It is accomplish-able.

Ohhhh
Nice
Can't wait to see it
Cheers

Here is the wonderful cabinet that Keith refinished for ma and added more shelves to for my glasses. It has a light too. One of these days I will be somewhat settled in and get some to come take pics for me.

I will be getting this cabinet delivered for my garage. I will place my glass fish in the aquarium section.

Love your cabinet and the bamboo aquarium. You can find those bamboo aquarium tanks every so often and they are awesome, but expensive! I built my own with these as my inspiration, but I have never ever seen a china cabinet like that, very nice!!! Please follow up with a photo after you stock it up with your tiki mug collection or whatever you plan to put in there.

Aloha!

W

On 2015-09-18 21:16, VampiressRN wrote:
I really do need some new pictures of my progress. I am still changing up a few things. Just want to share the new piece of art I am getting from New Zealand from carver Bino Smith. I think this will be a good fit for one of the pillars in my entry way.

That is one of the most unique pieces I have ever seen.

Vic (Jungle Trader) I would like to get a Root Ball Tiki from you in 2017. Want a full root, about 8 feet tall, and fat. I like the one at Minis and posted another one here too. No paint, just a stain. I am in no hurry, so whenever you find the right palm and get it dried is good for me. I want to put him in my living room. M

That is going to be over the top impressive. What a wonderful room addition. Wendy

2 new art pieces will be coming to my home in September.

Got some major clean-up done in the lounge, still a few odds and ends, but almost photo ready. I have a project planned for something on the ceiling that is sea-life in nature. I just made room for this beautiful octopus carving by Jason Joffe.

I am also going to remove a large mirror from my dining room and replace it with another map. Daniel Gallardo is making me a smaller version of this map on the back bar of Jeff Berry's Latitude 29. This will hang directly underneath my Witco map.

Still also on my on-going quest to gain more artwork on my walls in the lounge and living room. I'm running out of room...LOL

Sweet

F
Fugu posted on Sun, Jul 2, 2017 9:16 PM

That octopus carving is amazing!

WC

That carving is off the chain.
Truly a labor of love.
I don't see a palm frond carve.

J

The octopus carving is incredible.

Is this a photo of your place? Its really come along!

We need more pics of the space to catch us up.

What is that rigging called in the photo? I'd like to find something like that for my bar.

Absolutely love the octopus carving! Where to find the budget to reel one of those in...

Thinkin of u

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies