Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies

On 2007-02-28 00:06, CheekyGirl wrote:
Had a great time at the 1st Tiki Night at the Tonga Night! Here's a few of my pictures.

And of course, one of Kirby's stools!

Was this Kirby's Birthday Stool?

Oh, that's just wrong.

T

The Missus and I also had a great time. Special thanks to JenTiki for bringing me some female menehunes from trader vic's! Now my guys aren't so lonely. The Tonga Hut is an awesome place. Hope to see everyone again soon!

Nothing like a picture of a flaming poop to kill a thread. . . . : )

Seriously though, MUCHO MUCHO MAHALO to all the FINE and WONDERFUL OHANA who came out to support our very first TONGA HUT TIKI NIGHT!!!!!

What a great turn out! It was such a pleasure to be mixing up luscious libations for all my favorite tiki friends again! It was also a great night for making some new tiki and Tonga hut fans, and I thank you all for the fun, positive vibe that made everyone feel welcome. The spirit of aloha was truly alive. : )

LET'S ALL THANK ANA AND JEREMY OF THE TONGA HUT for all their hard work in restoring the bar, embracing the tiki scene, and giving us free reign on tiki night!
A VERY big thanks also to Trevor and Myriah of all their awesome bartending, hard work and great attitudes. I couldn't have done it without them!

Another HUGE Thank You to that hot wax spinning Svengali-(only not in an evil way)-DJ LEE! Your music make me happy. : )

Okay, this is starting to read like an Oscar acceptance speech, but I am just so tickled and appreciative with the turn out, and only wish I had more time that night to chat with all of you and thank you in person! So bear with me!
THANK YOU!!!!!!-Grog, Squid and Mrs. Squid, JenTiki-great to meet you!, Little Lost Tiki, Tyger Jimmy and the Mrs', Mahbookie and Jen-great to see you guys again-thanks for bringing friends AND you own tiki mugs!, Cheeky Girl, Sabu, Bora Boris, Woo Hoo and Soccertiki, the elusive Shipstrader, Hiphipahula, PiPhiRho, Dibroc, Son of Kelbo, Tiki Josh, Trader Tom, Pinstriper Johnny and the lovely Miss Courtney, Squirrely and friends, The Aloha Currents from Sacromento-thanks for joining us!, Tiki Cutie and THOR-thanks for coming out! We'll figure out the parallel universe thing for next time so you can join us! : ) Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most awesome KIRBY! I hope you and Miss Polly had a great time! : )

Whew!. . . If I forgot anyone, send me a message and I'll buy ya a drink next time. : )

Also, for all of you that didn't make it out, or didn't grab a flyer, we revealed the amazing mystery artist for the next TONGA HUT ART SHOW-Friday March 16th!

JUST TWO WEEKS AWAY! TELL A FRIEND AND SAVE THE DATE FOLKS!

Also. . .the NEXT Tonga Hut TIKI NIGHT will be Saturday, March 16th. . . The theme will be BLUE HAWAII. . .more on that later!

Kudos to you guys for not only saving, but giving a 4-star resto to the Tonga Hut.
You've really brought the scene back to stellar quality. Libby and I will be there, along with our "straw-bending-artist-extraordinare", DaveJ. (a blackbelt, so OjaiTimo doesn't have to worry about getting clubbed if he joins us for libations at our booth).

Last Tiki Night I was totally jazzed to hear the DJ suddenly spin-up a cover of John Barry's "The Golden Horn" from "From Russia With Love". Oooo. You can't get that kind of sonic eclectica just anywhere.

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

A few more pics from Tonga Hut. Mahalo to the SoCal Ohana. Without a doubt you guys you how to party. Thanks Suzie and everyone behind the bar for making up some great drinks.

Polly, Grog, Cheekygirl

Boris and Squid

Cheekygirl and Steve

Polly and Grog

You can actually see the bar. Must have been early

Jen & Melanie

It was also outpatient night at Tonga, so lots of fun for everyone

Jen and Liitle Lost Tiki

Grog shot

Melanie, Boris and WooHoo

Libby, Son of Kelbo and Dave

Shaka Kirby

Soccer and WooHoo

paparazzi everywhere

What a night

What a Night Indeed!
I think i have the answer to why I couldn't remember much that evening....

They must of been after my Time Machine!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 7, 2007 1:09 PM

They looked at the calender and saw that it was time to return for your fifth round of anal probing.

Oh Ya?!?
While i was on the ship I saw yo MOMMA!

Anal Probes...Colonoscopies....Colon Hydrotherapy....it's like a DaySpa up there!
You should check it out. They could cleanse those Jim Jones MaiTais from your system!
Oh! I also saw this weird little Lizard Alien that reminded me of you.... :lol:

J

Is it just me, or does Kinny look like Robert DeNiro's long lost "special" brother in this pic?

Uh no.....
Isn't this a Tonga Hut thread?
Back on track people! :)

K

On 2007-03-08 08:46, little lost tiki wrote:
Uh no.....

I think this thread is quite on track, Kinny DeNiro!
Don't you agree, GROG?
:D
K.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2007 9:28 AM

On 2007-03-08 09:09, kikekeki wrote:

On 2007-03-08 08:46, little lost tiki wrote:
Uh no.....

I think this thread is quite on track, Kinny DeNiro!
Don't you agree, GROG?
:D
K.

GROG not think ANYTHING is quite on-track with Kinny involved, but it IS funny that Kinny is the one telling us to get on-track!

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-03-08 19:55 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2007 9:33 AM

oops!

[ Edited by: grog 2007-03-08 09:34 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 157 replies