Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 207 replies

M
mieko posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 7:04 PM

Incredible Pat! He's really great! Love the tats! I knew they were gonna be impressive with your experience - even if you were using different tools. See ya in June!!

H

This is a great piece, everything works together and it is beautifully executed. Very nice.

aloha to everyone checking this out.thanks much for taking the time and mucha mahalos to everyone who has something nice to say.
Kroozzn62-thanks a lot; glad to hear you like.
Surfintiki, mahalo, man! a bit more to go now.
seeksurf- much thanks!-all good headhunters should be marked well!
hey Mieko! many mahalos for your words, can't wait to see you guys soon!
hiltiki-well thanks very much, those are wonderful comps!

here are some pics with stain and hole for topknot. he's getting there! i'm gone tomorrow morning up to columbia sc for a week of tattooing, so it'll be a bit till i can work/post more. aloha and kia ora!/cheers!!

Way to bring it home Pat!!! The stain cam out so even, it looks RAD!!! Can't wait to see what this topknot is all about!

:o Daaaaaaammmnnn! :o Grrrrrrrr!! :o CHOMP!!! :D

tikifreak1- tanks, man. this was the first piece i dipped for the stain. will do the same for the sealant. much quicker than brushing!
mr. Jonesey! you must calm yourself-what the hell are you biting on?;) right-on, man!

Hot damn tamale! That's one special piece!

C

oh wow! what an amazing guy you have there, lot's of personality, love the spine! Congrats!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 24, 2008 8:45 AM

Mine!!!!

B

Whoa...I missed this earlier...DAMN FINE WORK!!!

B

Everything yo add and do to this guy makes it So much better. Can't wait to see the Final piece. Warn us before you post pictures so we can have the drool towels ready!

:o :o :o !!!

Im so jealous, I wanna BE that Tiki..!

T :)!

well my computer is not yet back in my possession, so i'm doing this from work again. also why i havn't posted since before i left on the 23.

it was really great to meet everyone at Benzart's place. only wish i had taken more time to talk more with everyone there. what amazing drinks those were! and the food was great, too. great day all around.

Hodadhank- thanks alot! i appreciate that!
Clarita- mahalosmuch~personality is a good thing. yea, the spine mainly went in place so his back wouldn't be void of detail.(pre-tatu)
Grog- sorry man, already taken!
Babalu-right-on, thanks a lot!!
Benz- thanks much my man! and thank you again for the warm hosting, and much mahalos for the gifts of materials and tool. see you soon!
Tama- that's awesome, man! mahalo!

i've been playing catch-up with everything else, and soon will be this guy's turn. so consider this a drool-warning, Benz!!

B

That is without a doubt one of the cooler tikis I have seen in a while... I usually just go for authentic tributes but I am diggin the ink this guy has!!!

B

I Must say this, that tiki is Incredible in person, more so than in the pictures. Once you pick him up, you start looking for a way to Keep him, he is just SO COOL!

Just back to drool a little more..

T :)

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 11, 2008 3:49 AM

Wow, thats cool! I like it very much :D

T

Love the tattoo detail. That's definitely original.

well here he is- the sick little bugger that he is.

the ear pieces are carved from a single piece of bone, with boar's tusks neatly sheathed onto the curved tips. the bone is fossilized, hence it's dark colors.

well there he is! he'll be seein you at hukilau!!

B

Perfect piece. Makes me want to carve :)

Benjamin.

WOW, I like sick little buggers :wink:
He really turned out great and even more creepy with the hair and horns, great idea !
Can't wait to see what your next one will look like.

Cheers,

Bobo

Aloha Pat!!! That is Another Amazing carvings from you my friend!!! I cant wait to see him and meet you at the Hukilau and see all of your Smokin Art! Travel safe , Aloha your friend Jimmy Mooney

M

Awesome lil Marq. I'm lovin the ink and the bones. Excellent.

This one is a real stunner Pat. The hair and expression make him look
like he just got his hand caught in the people jar. A real favorite!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 6:10 AM

NICE! Pat that is tops. The carving is great and the tattoos take him to a whole different level. SWEET!

He's a bute and those tattooes are awesome. :D

On 2008-06-09 23:39, benella wrote:
Perfect piece. Makes me want to carve :)

Perfect piece. Makes me want to quit carving!

Nice work. Can we cut him loose in my backyard? I have some cats that need to be gone. Cat meat Mr Marq?

C

Amazing! Love him!

well aloha and much mahalos to all for looking!
benella-mahalo!that makes me want to carve more!
Bobo- cheers and mahalo! neither can i!!
Mooney-man, thanks! we'll do and see you soon.
Mctiki-mahalo! goin to hukilau?
Conga- right-on man.he got something cought somewhere, that's for sure!
GMAN- much mahalos! you must have a collection of boar's tusks, no? i've wanted to use them for years.
Vampiress- thank you, thank you!
4WD- NEVER! mahalo, man.
JungleT- thanks, that would be awesome-like one of us fighting a big cat! i think he's up to it, though.
Clarita-mahalo nui!!

this will probably be my last post before the big weekend~

ALOHA!!!!

Pat, it turned out great, I love the final details.

S

Love this guy great job!

EXCELLENT! All the time and thought you put into him really shows. :drink:

K
Kahu posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 8:15 PM

Pat.

Honestly.

Hand down, one of the coolest tiki's I have EVER seen in my years of being a tiki lover!

That's Incredible!
Badass!!

B

Green tiki, we surely enjoyed seeing you again and that Awesome tiki along with the stuff your partner had, Just Awesome. Thanks for the support too!.

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Jun 19, 2008 1:16 AM

Madness! I forgot to comment post-tatau - that is hands-down the most badass pokerwork I've seen on a tiki. The hair is totally creeping me out, which adds to the impact. Great work Pat!

tiki freak 1-thanks!!-those final details took almost as long as the carving!
seeksurf-mahalo muchas man!!
savage daddy-thanks much!!-proud of it- what next.....
kahu- Kahu~

seriuosly-

so cool..

mahalo nui for such a cool compliment!!!! -means a lot to me!!!
tiki duddy-thanks/mahalo T.D.!!been keepin an eye on your stuffkeep it comin, man!!!!
Benzart da man~~ thanks my friend, my buddy jd is enthralled with his winnings
and i'm a bit jealous-(he's such a bastard!!) so good to have seen you guys again and to have interrupted you a few times;) so a chop party here next year?(maybe at the electric tiki where you guys can get those markings?!?) yeeaaa---
paipo- madness ensues! i've spent a good 2 hrs on your myspace tonight drinking good saki and listening/watching your slideshow while also watching the lightning/thunder storm come in from the s/e across tampa bay. what a trip!!! i'm fueled up for a fortnight!!(too bad i gotta work tomorrow!)mahalo nui brah!!!

Where you at Pat? Show us what you've been up to. Carvings, paintings, tattoos ?
It's been too long and the natives are getting restless.

not sure what's up with this thread-had a bit of trouble finding it. have a warning code throughout it. do i offend? sure i would have got a pm concerning if so. let me know what you guys see?
here's some newer pieces-

the last shot was in the shop.
this next one is much further along than these show, but still unfinished as i kind of lost interest in it. ended up taking away too much material and quality of palm deep in is worse than i thought. oh well, i'll end up doing something with it.

whoops- hit the wrong button- just a couple more here-

i'll get some more pics of this threesome- deserves to be finished into something!
i just started a Tangaroa type the other day- all with a lancelot- anyone use this deathtool before? mahalos to all- i'll post more soon.

well i thought i had a stone carving thread, but cannot find it. time to consolidate anyhow. here's the two beach pebbles from the past couple weeks. the marq was 3 nights, and the little hei girl was 2. both need some finishing. both i feel where over-worked. oh-well. still diggin em and have plenty more pebbles.

hope you like!

T

On 2009-05-08 11:57, greentikipat wrote:
not sure what's up with this thread-had a bit of trouble finding it. have a warning code throughout it. do i offend? sure i would have got a pm concerning if so. let me know what you guys see?
here's some newer pieces-

I see a bunch of awesome new work. :wink:

The three headed one is cool. Is it a small table? Stool?

hey BIGT- thanks, man! it was supposed to be a kava/scorpion type of bowl for whatever usage, and still will be at some point, but minus the actual bowl space i intended. you'll see on the newer shots; an idea i've had for a long time, but won't see fruition until the next attempt. mahalo!

Pat, glad you're back again!! I've always liked your style and have been missing your work? No offending on this end!! How's the new shop?

hey tikifreak! good to be back! yea, the code that was all over my thread when i first dug it up and dusted it off was weird to me and the only words within it where 'warning' and something else that led me to think CENSORSHIP! oh, some of the pics wouldn't come up. you know, tiki's tikis and such. but all is running smooth now! the shop is coming along well, will have a thread for it soon- still some painting, bamboo trim and permanent signs to put up, some thatching here and there; stuff like that. this is the second location since starting the business a year ago. first place was too high-end for the timing and locale. lost too much of my regular clientele over the winter with all the economy slow-down and all. so found a bit of a cozier spot up the road for about half the rent, with all the potential for walk-in customers. the previous spot was a hard to find private studio. guess i could post a couple shots here- no one would complain much, right?

this white room will be painted a burned orange and rusty red this week then more bamboo to go up with thatched awnings all around.

there you have it! probably way more than you were asking for!! i'll make a full thread for it soon as most of the work is done, probably 2 or 3 weeks.
thanks for asking, tikifreak!

Welcome back Pat! :D I was worried we might not hear from you again. Your new stuff is looking great and so is your shop. I look forward to seeing more of your tattoo work also.

L
laojia posted on Sat, May 9, 2009 4:08 AM

hope you like!

YES I LIKE!

Very cool shop/carve/wood/stone/paint/tatoo!!!!

J.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 207 replies