Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

!!!Attack Of The Ren Clark Clones!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies

T

Holy crapoly. Thanks Notch I love's me some severed head.

On 2007-04-21 18:45, NOTCH wrote:
...you need to leave everything in-tacked besides the box... ...So keep the cards in-tacked and stay tuned!!!!

I couldn't help myself - I just had to use my mug last night at the FI party. I hope I didn't disqualify myself. Even if I did, it was worth it; this mug really is great to drink out of!Bound to be one of my favs.

T

I think I can guess what the lotto will give, and if I'm right, its going to be sweet.

Notch... Sweet Hot Rod!! What? no speed bumps in S.J.?

Do we have a thread where we post photos of our rides? I've got an old Muscle car just out of the paint shop.

S

I got mine here in TN. Everyone I show it to says the same thing: "Why?" That makes it!

Mine arrived today. Great work Notch. Mahalo

Got mine today.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 3:54 PM

On 2007-04-25 05:54, Swanky wrote:
I got mine here in TN. Everyone I show it to says the same thing: "Why?" That makes it!

:lol: My wife was less than impressed with the severed head mug and it may have to move into the studio to avoid a major incident. She has actually come around with almost all of my other purchases, but somehow I don't think this one's gonna take. She did like Roberto though!
Thanks Notch - I was stoked to find my new additions waiting when I arrived back home yesterday! Very hard to believe these are your first mugs - the quality is superb.

T

On 2007-04-30 15:18, Thunderlips wrote:
Got mine today.

Thanks for the laugh... that's what I call using your head...

Tikisgrl

Clone arrival!!! Mind-blowing! :o Buen trabajo!

Muchas Gracias!!! :D :drink:

K

Aloha Notch...

#57 has arrived safely in Orlando. It was a thrill to see this mug in person. Thanks for giving so much of yourself to this tribute. The design and quality of this mug is top NOTCH :)

Karbora

S
Swanky posted on Mon, May 7, 2007 5:31 PM

Got mine:

[ Edited by: Swanky 2007-05-07 17:31 ]

T

On 2007-04-30 15:54, Paipo wrote:

On 2007-04-25 05:54, Swanky wrote:

:lol: My wife was less than impressed with the severed head mug and it may have to move into the studio to avoid a major incident. She has actually come around with almost all of my other purchases, but somehow I don't think this one's gonna take. She did like Roberto though!
Thanks Notch - I was stoked to find my new additions waiting when I arrived back home yesterday! Very hard to believe these are your first mugs - the quality is superb.

Guess were in the same boat Mrs. TikiLaLe was ... guess you can say baffled by the purchase I made !!!!

Hat tip to Notch ....for going beyond the call of duty !!!!

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 10:50 AM

Aloha TC,
I Want to say THANK YOU for all the great feedback on the tribute mug and I'm very happy you guys Love it as much as I do...I want to tell ya how and why i made this mug...

It All started by kahaka, mondotiki and myself havin a few cold one's in me backyard looking at the Book of Tiki when kahaka pointed out the Ren Clark Mug. We all said at the same time we wanted that mug.

That's when kahaka broke the bad news and told us we will never own it because we couldn't afford what it goes for and that's when i disappeard into the house..

I came back out with some clay and said ( WATCH THIS!!!) Within a short time frame i had duplicated the severed head mug from the two pictures from the book and i gotta tell ya it was dang close !!

So that's pretty much how and why... There's allot more...but no time fer that now.. back to work

Here's some picks of paint work on the mugs

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-05-09 11:23 ]

Most excellent job, and a big thanks for making these mugs a reality. Love the colors and the size is perfect!

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, May 11, 2007 1:26 PM

Aloha!!!
I picked up some mugs today from the fire pit and they look great and there ready for shipping Monday..
Make some shelf space you's!!!!

Phynix
Cheekyhalf
Tradertom
Alientiki
Kono
Nitropic
Chip&Andy
LynMctiki
House of Ku
HotRodTiki
BigBroTiki
KingsTiedye
TheRaginRaratongan
WackyWahine
PolynesianPop
Sirginn
Kanaka
Moeye
Paradisiac

I will PM ya When your package is on the way!!!
The rest of dem mugs will be finished soon and if ya like to make your payment now, you can Pm me
for more info. That's if ya haven't payed yet...
Mucho Mahaloz.............Like later.. Notch

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-05-11 13:27 ]

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-05-11 13:28 ]

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 16, 2007 4:27 PM

Aloha!!!
Just got back from the post office from shipping out some Severed Head mugs and lucked out BIG time!!!!
After unloading packages out of a shopping kart, I rolled the kart outside leaving two box's under it!!!!!
15 minutes later, An employee asked me if they were mine....F&*^%$#@!@!#%&K!!!! Mug #54 #17 would have been missing in action... The Tiki god's are with me....

Anyway I'm Workin on the next batch to ship out and will be posting update's soon.....Mucho Mahalos..

Hey Nacho, wanted to say again "I dig the mug" I get so many comments on it! I have teenagers & young adults in the house they are always commenting on it, "Ive lost my head","it's scary" or "fire it up!" on & on you have heard them all...then I have to say nooooo... it's a look at mug. I have really enjoyed having my severed Head Mug & thanks again for doing this up right!

Number 12 has safely arrived here on Maui and I have to tell you, I have never seen a better packing job. I doubt that here will be any loss due to shipping, but you should never underestimate the U.S mail.

Oh, the mug is freaking killer too by the way. A new favorite.

Hey Notch,
Any update on when the next batch will ship?

We got ours the other day, safe and sound in Tucson. Christened it with a Navy Grog and it worked perfectly! All night. Nice job Notch.

ch

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 3:32 PM

Aloha Update....
Once again I'd like to say thanks for all the great feedback, Mucho Mahalos..
I am currently working on the next batch of mugs and will begin shipping very soon...I will post up the next list of TC members name's next week and will start sending them out.... Don't forget about my secret contest!!! Keep everything in tacked when you get your mug because your gonna need it for my contest!!!!...

Again, Mucho Mucho Mahalos....

P
Paipo posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 4:42 PM

On 2007-05-30 15:32, NOTCH wrote:
Don't forget about my secret contest!!! Keep everything in tacked when you get your mug because your gonna need it for my contest!!!!...

I read earlier in the thread about a certificate? I only got a business card with my mugs....

Contest? What the... Can't we just claim that I am the winner? The intrigue builds!

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 6:22 PM

With the mug should only be my Card and a Certificate of Authenticity...

If you didn't, Let me know....Mahalos

P
Paipo posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 6:29 PM

PMed ya - I do indeed have one...and it's back where it belongs! :blush:

K
Kono posted on Wed, May 30, 2007 6:38 PM

On 2007-05-30 18:22, NOTCH wrote:
With the mug should only be my Card and a Certificate of Authenticity...

If you didn't, Let me know....Mahalos

Is that what we need to keep? Cuz I've saved the box, the tape, the packing materials and I've impounded the UPS truck out back just to be sure!

:D

H

Any news on when we get our mugs yet?

On 2007-06-10 21:36, hiltiki wrote:
Any news on when we get our mugs yet?

Yeah, whats the deal?!

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2007-06-18 12:35 ]

On 2007-06-18 12:34, BambooLodge wrote:

Yeah, whats the deal?!

Easy, killer... You know he's doing these all by hand, yeah? And that it's his first one, right?

J

I paid a quick visit to Notch's mug "workshop" yesterday, and let me tell you, this guy is busy! And, yes, he's doing this all on his own, in his spare time! After he explained to me the steps that he goes through for each mug, I can see why they don't all get shipped out at once. Patience, friends! Notch's mugs are worth the wait!

N

UPDATE!
I will be getting back on track very soon with the rest of the Severed Head Mugs, There were a bunch that didn't pass My inspection test, so I put a hold on it for a bit....Also I am working on the Roberto Loco FI Mugs That I just got done with ( for the Mug release party this sun 24th at FI)and making 60 mugs for the party was a TASK that tested my ability's....

So Much time goes into every one of my mugs, So much time that I get zoned out and then I look at over 200 mug's in my shop, Right now I wish I had A Clone of myself..LOL.... after the weekend I will continue working on finishing all the Tribute mugs and get them home to you..ASAP...
Back to work, Like Later......NOTCH

Smell that?

That's NOTCH burning the Late Night oil...

Hey NOTCH! I'm really lookin' forward to getting my head. Take as long as you need my friend, patience is a virtue, and in this instance, a sign of respect for your sterling efforts in producing such a great piece of work! If anyone is chewin' your ear, send 'em mine to get 'em off your back. I know mine will arrive when it's good and ready. The anticipation of receiving (a) head is half the fun!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Severed Head, in your own good time barman!

H

Pocketiki, speak for yourself. I live in Los Angeles and over here we are all in a great hurry going absolutely nowhere. So, like I said earlier, any news about the mugs yet???.....:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

On 2007-06-19 18:32, hiltiki wrote:
Pocketiki, speak for yourself...

Seriously NOTCH, if you want to mail mine out to 'hiltiki' that's fine by me! So, my number will be a little higher on the list of 100 but hey!, whatever it is, it's the only one with that number, ha, ha! 'hiltiki' I can understand your impatience, hell I can almost feel your excitement and anticipation over here in Good Ol' Blighty, but when people create things it takes time. Just because the 'Good Lord' created this wonderful home we call Earth, in six days, setting a somewhat difficult standard for the rest of us I might add, I still believe that some things are still worth waiting for.

Live the Aloha spirit! - Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai and a Slow Comfortable Screw! No, seriously just the one drink for me...I'm off to bed!

H

Pocketiki you are so kind....ok I'll take your number. Wait a minute, what if my number is ahead of yours, will I get to wait longer?. Kind of like that last seen in the movie "Beetlejuice", you remember? the guy with the shrunken head....

On 2007-06-20 19:49, hiltiki wrote:
Pocketiki you are so kind....ok I'll take your number. Wait a minute, what if my number is ahead of yours, will I get to wait longer?. Kind of like that last seen in the movie "Beetlejuice", you remember? the guy with the shrunken head....

Hi hiltiki! The offer was genuine! But now you got me to thinkin' too?

What if the mug destined for you, was going to be intercepted by a mad post officer bomber and...instead of the bomb going to your house...IT ARRIVES AT TIKI TOWERS! Aaagh! Worse still...It goes off killing our mailman...sending a shard of bone from his skull clean through the front window and chips my beloved FaTuTu mug!!! AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!

Then again...What if the mug destined for TIKI TOWERS was going to be intercepted by a mad post officer bomber and...instead of the bomb going to my house...IT ARRIVES AT YOURS!!!...

Oh well, it's a chance we'll have to take! If NOTCH wants to send you my severed head (so to speak), I'll leave fate in the hands of the Tiki Gods! I'm sure they'll see me alright...and you too hiltiki!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine, and yours, a Mai-Tai!).

H

Pocketiki, I don't know how to brake this to you but I live in the Projects in the heart of the Valley, (a government housing complex). The mailperson never comes to us, they are afraid of getting shot by the residents. So we always go to the post office instead, therefore I am not afraid of this mug being sent to me by any means. Maybe I will ask the mailperson at the post office to open the package first? Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe now you see why I am so anxious to get this damn mug. I want it here and NOW!!!!! it's the only thing I am looking forward to in my life, and don't even think of asking me how I came up with the money. Ayyyyyy Carumba!

K

On 2007-06-22 06:28, hiltiki wrote:
Pocketiki, I don't know how to brake this to you but I live in the Projects in the heart of the Valley, (a government housing complex). The mailperson never comes to us, they are afraid of getting shot by the residents. So we always go to the post office instead, therefore I am not afraid of this mug being sent to me by any means. Maybe I will ask the mailperson at the post office to open the package first? Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe now you see why I am so anxious to get this damn mug. I want it here and NOW!!!!! it's the only thing I am looking forward to in my life, and don't even think of asking me how I came up with the money. Ayyyyyy Carumba!

There's something to live for!! There's light at the end, and it shines on a bloody upside down head you can drink out of!!!

Sheeeeesh, hiltiki. With all your whining, I feel like I should just pack mine back up and send it to you just so you'll quit! :P

p.s. I, too, am familiar with living in a hood so bad you can't have mail delivered. I ended up getting a p.o. box near my work and just getting all my mail that way....

Hey people! Just STOP IT at once!! You're making me feel awful sat here in the 'Penthouse Suite' at Tiki Towers, bought on the profits from my highly lucrative tiki magazine POCKETIKI! Still 'Southern Trailer Park White Trash' at heart though...never forgot my roots!!! Proud of 'em!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a bottle of meths!

On 2007-06-24 15:14, POCKETIKI wrote:
Still 'Southern Trailer Park White Trash' at heart though...never forgot my roots!!! Proud of 'em!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a bottle of meths!

'cause you went to Pontins at Camber sands for your summer Hols!

...'cause you went to Pontins at Camber sands for your summer Hols!

Hey we couldn't afford holidays...we just had days out!! No word of a lie!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

H

Life in the Projects was never meant to be fair.......

On 2007-06-26 17:52, hiltiki wrote:
Life in the Projects was never meant to be fair.......

Hey hiltiki! That's what I always say..."Life's not fair, and the sooner you get used to it the easier it becomes!". Mind you I always maintained that..."Brown is not a colo(u)r, it's a smell!"...until I got into tiki culture, ha, ha!! Hell! I even wore a brown shirt to the LONDON LUAU this year! My!...how things change. Anyway, live life to the full in the 'Projects' and try to stay out of trouble my friend! When you do finally get your (my?) Severed Head mug, keep it away from the window...it is very desirable and you shouldn't invite temptation to those who just cannot help themselves 'helping themselves' to your property, even though I truly believe that we don't actually own this 'stuff', we are just custodians for the time being! Let's hope that time is long and plentiful!!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a 'special project' Mai-Tai!).

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Jun 27, 2007 4:03 PM

!!!!SEVERED HEAD UPDATE!!!!!

OK, I took some time off the Tribute mugs For a Bit and now I'm back on track!!
I will be posting the list of TCers name's soon who will be getting there mugs
If everything goes as planed!!!
Also I want to thank you guy's for waiting for the mug, It really takes a lot
of work to get these puppy's done.....

Mahalo.... Notch

H

NOTCH, mine is the third one from the left third row. So back off everyone and no one gets hurt!!! Unless Pocketiki was going to get it and he said I can have it. NOTCH..!!!!! NOTCH... are you here???

I wonder if I am at the end of the list....:(
:(...:(
I probably am now after all this commotion...
:(
Damn I should have listened to the Elders...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies