Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

!!!Attack Of The Ren Clark Clones!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies

P

On 2007-06-27 19:37, hiltiki wrote:
NOTCH, mine is the third one from the left third row. So back off everyone and no one gets hurt!!! Unless Pocketiki was going to get it and he said I can have it....

Hey NOTCH despite the fact that I had set my heart on that very same mug...I'm an English Gentleman and a man of hono(u)r! Hiltiki's mug is the third one from the left, third row...You got that? Toodle Pip chaps...I'm just off to the KAHIKI here in Barcelona!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a SAFFRIN BASTARDO!!

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2007 9:12 PM

UPDATE!!!
Here's Da List For The Next Batch Going Out Soon.
Tikitonga
Dibroc
Hiltiki
Boutiki
Schlza
Bamboolodge
Sneakytiki
Rainercruz
Pdrake
Tikinomad
Tikiland
Cheekytiki
Tikiriffic
Pockettiki
Virani
SeniorAqua
Johnievelour
Tikigreg
Tikiwagen
Vontiki
Tikitiki

I cant wait to get these mugs all done and out off my house!!!
There starting to creep me out.....:D

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-07-03 21:14 ]

T

On 2007-06-27 16:03, NOTCH wrote:
!!!!SEVERED HEAD UPDATE!!!!!

They are kind of creepy when you look at them all together in their Albino state but, they are so awesome when they are painted....

Tikisgrl

P

Hey! D'ya see that Hiltiki? We're both on that list...WAHOO!! Looks like my friends here in the UK and France will be gettin' theirs too!! WAHOOs all round barman!

Trader Jim - make mine a Mai-Tai...a bloody big 'un!...in a Severed Head Mug!

H

Pocketiki, first of all I want to thank you for being such a gentleman, not very many around now days. Second, I can't believe but I am actually ahead of you. THIRD, did you notice I was the THIRD one on the list and that I picked the THIRD mug from the THIRD row? THREE is my lucky number wouldn't you say? I am happy for all of us getting our fabulous mugs soon.

P

On 2007-07-06 22:12, hiltiki wrote:
Pocketiki, first of all I want to thank you for being such a gentleman, not very many around now days. Second, I can't believe but I am actually ahead of you. THIRD, did you notice I was the THIRD one on the list and that I picked the THIRD mug from the THIRD row? THREE is my lucky number wouldn't you say? I am happy for all of us getting our fabulous mugs soon.

Good things happen to good people! The #3 connection is uncannily cool!! I hadn't noticed that Hiltiki. Anyway, we are nearly at the end of this voyage my friend, it's been fun having you aboard. I guess we'll cross posts again when we get our severed heads, although, mine has a long way to travel, so I think you'll definitely be getting yours first (maybe third?)! I'll look out for your post Hiltiki. Take care!!

Toodle Pip! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2007 1:40 PM

Aloha TC,
I will be shipping the next batch of mugs Monday and I'm aiming to get the rest shipped by the end of this month, So I will send you a PM when your mug is on the way.
I know allot of you who are waiting for your Severed Head Mug are very excited to get this mug and want to proudly display it in your collection and have waited so long for the day to have it in your hands, I want to Thank You for your Business and patience....

This mug making stuff is allot of fun and I enjoy doing it, But It takes allot of work and time, especially when I'm new to all this ceramic stuff and not having a kiln to fire the mugs....But Pretty soon I will have a kiln to fire all the mugs I make, and eventually in time I will turn PRO at ceramics.
That's gotta happen soon because I have about a dozen mug designs in my scrap book and I cant wait to get them going...I will post designs later....
Once again stay tuned for the Tribute Mug top secret surprise bonus!!!!!!!

Mucho Mahalos.......NOTCH

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-07-12 13:41 ]

On 2007-07-12 13:40, NOTCH wrote:
....But Pretty soon I will have a kiln to fire all the mugs I make, and eventually in time I will turn PRO at ceramics...

We don't doubt that for a moment NOTCH!!!

Keep it up my son! Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

H

Pocketiki, do you think we should start going at it again????it has been a while. Well you know I am a Pisces in an Astrological sense (not that I believe or care but never the less)and I am very patient but.... what do ya think? Please give me some guidance, I am loosing it again....

OH MY GOD! I only just saw this this!!! Are you o.k. buddy? I hoped you haven't blown a gasket or slipped into a coma induced by depression? If only I had been lookin' in more often, recently. Just take it easy have a cup o' tea and flick through the BOT or better still POCKETIKI Magazine...you do read that right? If that doesn't work, by all means post again and we can work out a 'Plan B'. I can't wait (impatient...ME?) to read/write the posts when we get our 'heads' together! I suspect you'll get yours before mine. Mahalo!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!!

N
NOTCH posted on Sun, Jul 29, 2007 6:37 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still here and I'm trying to keep my bearings strait...
the last batch of mugs turn south at the ceramic shop and I nearly had a hart attack..
The ceramic shop fired the mugs to hot and the paint looked liked it was dripping of there faces and that was the end for the mugs, so I painted a new batch...
Hopefully I can have em back soon and get them shipped out to everybody and get this all done. I will post pics of the damaged mugs later.. Well, I gotta get back to work and will update you guys tomorrow ..
Sorry for the long wait..... NOTCH

H

:o I am speechless. :o

N

I would like to know who on my list will be going to TIKI OASIS...I will be There vending out of KUBAR ( my 18' tiki bar) And Its going to be a blast!!!!
If you will be there PM me if ya want me to bring your Severed Head Mug(+15 rebate)And I can personally hand you the mug... And the rest will be shipped out ASAP...
Once again sorry for the long wait and I hope you can forgive me and my lagging ars..

Notch

N

I wanted to show you some pictures of the mugs I had fired A while back that turned out bad..
Well, now I don't know what to do with them, smash em?
I got 10 of these bad boys...

We figured out what happened in the firing process and it wont happen again
I'm going to pick up some new severed head mugs soon and will be shipping them out soon after TIKI OASIS.

J

Yeah! Let's have mug smashing party to end the "Summer of Mug" at FI!!!

after all the hard work, all the mugs you already destroyed, I'd say sell em, throw em on ebay and let the people decide if they're worth saving....

TT

*On 2007-08-12 17:24, Stiki Tiki wrote:

*after all the hard work, all the mugs you already destroyed, I'd say sell em, throw em on ebay and let the people decide if they're worth saving....

If they were an open edition, I would agree. But, in this case, the mugs are supposed to be limited to 100. The only thing you can really do is to destroy them.

T

you said 100 and you have stuck to your guns so far. Having only 100 makes the mugs in the collections that they are in more valuable. You even destroyed the originals that were a different physical form.

These one are different in that they are glazed different but it would still more severed heads that you made over the hundredth number. And a shame to break what most tiki lovers believe to be one of the hottest mug around.

They could even be worth more this way

What if you sent them to different TC artists that wanted to repaint them and we would have a TC ebay auction were the money would go 1/2 to you and 1/2 to artist and maybe something to TC. Win Win Win Win Win situation

teaKEY

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-08-13 15:36 ]

Hi NOTCH! Sorry to here about the set back. You didn't deserve that one my friend! Kinda scary ain't they? Just so you know, we all got our fingers crossed here in the UK, so hopefully it'll be plain sailing from here on in! Take it easy NOTCH!

All the Best from Good Ol' Blighty - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

T

On 2007-08-12 11:58, NOTCH wrote:
I wanted to show you some pictures of the mugs I had fired A while back that turned out bad..
Well, now I don't know what to do with them, smash em?
I got 10 of these bad boys...

We figured out what happened in the firing process and it wont happen again
I'm going to pick up some new severed head mugs soon and will be shipping them out soon after TIKI OASIS.

Here's an idea, since it's a limited edition of 100, you can't really sell them on the open market. But maybe you can offer them to those on the list that have been waiting a loooong time to get theirs. You can charge a modest price plus shipping. That way people have something while they wait for the good mug, and you don't have to destroy them.

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Aug 14, 2007 9:14 AM

That's exactly what I'm gonna do!!! But I'll just give them the mug ....
There's a total of 14 mugs that are f**ked up and some are not to bad, but didn't pass my inspection..
I'm like a madman right now trying to get things geared up for Oasis and its a big massive undertaking Getting my tiki kubar ready for a show takes allot of planning and work and I'll ship the mugs when i get back home.. Big Mahaloz ..... Notch

B

Brother Notch,

It doesn't look to me like you over fired them man? (hotter than cone 06?)...Your red seemed to keep it's color pretty well. I might try glazing them again, and refiring...go funky with the color. I've had friends in school that would fire these low fire glazes up to 10 time before they got a finish that they liked. I have always been one for high fire glazes...just now starting to play with the low fire glazes...it seems that's what the people like.

Peace out

Nice meeting you notch, It was cool to see one of the defects. Didnt look half bad to me. Cant wait to hold the finished product! Nice bar by the way!

Hey Notch, great meeting up with you. Vending next to you and your subtle little bar set-up was a real thrill. The fact that your 'little' bar also belches smoke just blew us away!

Mark n' Maggie

H

Looks like the end is very very near.....

T

Tiki Oasis was fun! Now that it's over, are the heads going out soon? Mahalo

N

Hi All,
Since I Quit my job two months ago I have been on a search for space to do my work and I just found it two weeks before Oasis. The shop is 1,600 square feet that needs allot off work and I'm trying my best with the help of friends to get it all dialed in, and for me to get back to work.. I have a few mugs I have to ship out soon but I'm gonna need more time to finish the rest of them..... If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will get back to you soon.... Mucho Mahalo............Notch

N
NOTCH posted on Sat, Sep 1, 2007 8:31 AM

I got a screaming deal for those who are patiently waiting for the The Severed Head Mug!!!
I will be giving all of the remaining TC'rs that are on my list A numbered Roberto Loco Mug!!!
I feel that the you've been waiting so long that you kinda lost interest and excited about it, so I will send both to you with no extra charge.... I just need a little time to get my new shop up and running..

Also I have plenty of Roberto Loco Mugs available and will post some for sale soon....AND Yes I'm that Crazy!!!!

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Sep 14, 2007 9:34 PM

To all of you who have be waiting and waiting for your Severed Head mugs THANK YOU SO MUCH for giving me time to get shit together and need not to worry your mugs will be shipped.. After moving into my new shop so I can get my hotrod/tiki stuff ready for business I was called by the San Jose Mercury News and was Blown away when they wanted to do a story about the San Jose Hot Rodding Style, Luckally I cleaned up the shop before the photo/video shoot, but short of a make up crew..LOL... I talked about Tiki Central but they clip it out!!! DAMN THEM!!!
Anyway Here's a link http://www.mercurynewsphoto.com/blog/2007/09/13/san-jose-style/
Here's some picks of the shop soon after I moved in

Mahaloz!!!!

[ Edited by: notch 2007-09-15 09:26 ]

Hey NOTCH! I said it before...I'm a patient (excuse for a) man, but that offer is so damn bloody generous! I ain''t a rich guy, check out how many times I get outbid on eBay by the folk with the moolah, but please let me know if you need some shipping money thrown in, you may have forgotten I'm in the UK? Congratulations on finding the new workspace...now get to it my son! Ha, ha!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine...well, you know by now!).

N

Any news is good gnews..
Hay all, still working on my laboratory and I cant wait to get crackin on the rest of them dang mugs.
I even got some extra stuff for ya! but will keep that under wraps until shipping.. Once again Mucho Mucho Mahaloz ...
POCKETIKI , Thanks for the support Brahda!!!

Notch...

T

bump

Just so we don't become MIAs

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Oct 4, 2007 9:57 AM

No Need to worry my friend's. I will get them mugs out..

Trust me, I cant wait to get these Heads shipped out

and To start working on the new tiki mug's that are ready for

the next stage, Having the mold's made...

I have everyone's name on the list that's awaits there shippment

of mug's and Extra good's.......

Thanks Again....Notch..AKA (Cpt Scatter Brain)

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-10-04 10:06 ]

P

Are you getting as excited as I am hiltiki? Ohhhhhh!...I just can't wait to get hit with customs charges and taxes again! Ha, ha! Boy those guys are killing me.

All the best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

N

With the US dollar being weak as a recycled tea bag you UK guys should be having a Tiki shopping shopping spree right now.

On 2007-10-06 06:03, nitropic wrote:
With the US dollar being weak as a recycled tea bag you UK guys should be having a Tiki shopping shopping spree right now.

You're right nitropic...WE SHOULD! But we ain't...right now, we're poorer than an extremely poor thing that is as poor as it's ever been possible to be poorer than!! In fact, our recycled teabags have worn through and I'm still pickin' the leaves outta the gaps in my very English teeth as I type this!

Also, the weak dollar doesn't stop the boys'n'girls with BIG BUCKS raiding this side of the pond for their collections, I can tell you, ha, ha!

It ain't about the money...it's about not havin' any money!

Trader Jim (Make mine a brand spanking NEW teabag!) - Pleading poverty - England.

BUY POCKETIKI MAGAZINE! I'm gasping for a decent cup o' cha over 'ere!!!

did i hear correctly? free roberto loco mug? niiiiice!

T

Hey Notch
Cant wait for our mug too!

T

Last night I had a dream that my Severed Head mug arrived in the mail.

On 2007-10-08 16:02, tikigreg wrote:
Last night I had a dream that my Severed Head mug arrived in the mail.

BLIMEY! Who'd have thought...I had a nightmare that MY 'severed head' arrived in YOUR mail! (Cue Twilight Zone theme)...SCARY!!!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Hey Notch,
Any news on delivery?

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Oct 23, 2007 8:30 PM

Looks like will be back on track perty soon

and with an additional Roberto loco stowaway Mug

will be in you package along with a Tiki Pendent..

I will keep you guy's updated with shipping info soon...

Mucho Mahalos....Notch

Notch -why do you continue to post pics of the severed head tribute
mug you created, if it has been sold out for a quite awhile now???
I salivate every time I see a mug I want and, don't have !!!
I was recently OUTBID on ebay for an original Ren Clark for over
$1000.00.My bid was for $1001.99.Can you believe this???I would
kill for the next best thing....."your rendition"- Notch .
Here is the mug pic of the week for you TC's.

Peace out,
Trader Bill

N

Nice Pictures......

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-10-24 10:32 ]

T

Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...

N
NOTCH posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 1:13 PM

Any News is good News,

So hopefully I can get back to work on the rest of the severed head mugs soon, it's just taking time to get dialed in at my new work shop, but its gettin there. Its a hole lot of work getting a shop up and running from having nothing to start with and Its' costing me time and money, but a big step forward for me and my works of art.

Here's some shop picts http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26252&forum=6&0
And will get crackin on making mug's very soon
Mucho Mucho Mahaloz...
Notch...

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-11-06 13:41 ]

Severed Head Clone Mug: $65.00
Shipping for Clone Mug: $15.00
Actually Getting Clone Mug:...Priceless!

On 2007-11-26 10:19, tikigreg wrote:
Severed Head Clone Mug: $65.00
Shipping for Clone Mug: $15.00
Actually Getting Clone Mug:...Priceless!

Isn't that the truth!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies