Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

!!!Attack Of The Ren Clark Clones!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 6:09 PM

Here's the new mugs that are going to be ready for shipping next week

N

Hey, be careful opening those cases with that there chainsaw!!!

You've got a masochistic side don't you? You already have most of the mugs sold and yet you go back and rework it, I assume because you striving for something closer to a repro than a "tribute". I for one am forever grateful for your insanity, you are bringing a mug that I dreamed of possessing when I saw it, was crushed by when I realized I probably never would, and now can have the closest thing to the "real thing" that will ever be done, into reality!

MAHALO MAHALO MAHALO

Now get that dang chainsaw away from those grails!!!

[ Edited by: nitropic 2007-03-16 18:40 ]

T

I see some crazy Bob's there. What would you say is the OZ. of those mugs. Cause I have no idea how big those mugs are. I'm thinking bigger than I thought. Never seen one in person. Never seen most mugs in person.

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 7:21 PM

Each mug holds about 25 oz...

N

When does the Roberto Loco pre-order list start?

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 7:48 PM

Well we are trying to have a tiki mug release party for ROBERTO LOCO MUG at Forbidden Island in MAY but haven't really announced it yet.... I gotta get an exact date from martin so i can find someone to make the flyer..I will let you guy's know when i get the time/date..Mahalo

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-03-16 19:56 ]

N

Domo arigato MR ROBERTO!

Man this sucks royal ass,man.I'm his best friend and I gotta wait last to get mine!!But it's worth the wait.I'm not woried this boy is good and quick at what he does.These mugs are perfect in every way and when it's in your hands all will be understood.Make sure you drink out of it,I drank out of a proof mug,It was friggin awesome. After, you can put it on the shelf and know you enjoyed it.
MONDOITIKI

N

Aloha!
Ok you guys I will be shipping the first 25 mugs out next week!!!So make some shelf space!! I will PM you if I need anymore info from ya and tell ya when it's on the way....Thanks! And will get to the next 25 mug ASAP!!! MUCHO MAHALOS

N

Aloha TC..
Update for all the buyers of the Tribute mug..
I will be shipping the first 25 mugs soon. The mugs will be shipped to the members who payed first and I will hold them in order to my list, so if your number 6 on the list you get number 6 mug.. Also I got some paypal payments that have no TC names, and it's dizzying to figure out email addresses wit Names to TC..
If you can PM your Name with TC Name That will be awesome!!! The next 25 mugs will be shipped out the following week and so on..If your on the list and haven't payed, PM me on how you would like to make payment..There will be only 100 mugs made and all the proof mugs that I made will be smashed but two!!!
I want to thank all of you for your patience and I hope you like my very first mug... Mucho Mucho Mahalos!!!!

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-03-23 08:49 ]

On 2007-03-22 23:08, NOTCH wrote:
...all the proof mugs that I made will be smashed but two!!!

Now that's just silly. Why would you do that? Is this an attempt to inflate the value of the remaining mugs? Just sell the condemned proofs on ebay and don't worry about it. They have no bearing on the value of the remaining mugs and they are potentially worth even more.

Ooooooh! That's smart, cuz then they can be the seed money for the next mug....

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 8:13 AM

The first batch of mugs were destoyed... I had to do it..I said there will be 100 numberd tribute mugs made...After that I will do 25 ghost tribute mugs and thats the end.....Only two proof mugs will be saved
SORRY FOR THIS PICTURE, IT WILL BURN YOUR EYES!!!!

Thread should be renamed "Attack ON the Ren Clark clones"

T

I'd rather see a real severed head then see that.

I would have so wanted just to paint on one, change it up a bit, then see this terrible fate.

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 8:41 AM

Here's a better pic...

T

It was all just a bad dream

On 2007-03-23 08:13, NOTCH wrote:
After that I will do 25 ghost tribute mugs and thats the end...

Now that's a smart idea. You could do them all with custom, ghostly glazes.

And quite the perfectionist not letting but 2 of the proofs escape their fate.

I've already got a spot cleared for my mug on the top shelf.

T

Notch, you smacked the old design right? And what is a ghost proof, never heard that term before.

T

Time for a top 'NOTCH' update !!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Apr 1, 2007 8:13 AM

if Notch's plan is running smoothy, people should start seeing them in the mail. Notch, is the only one who can confirm, unless there is someone out there that got one.

N
NOTCH posted on Sun, Apr 1, 2007 10:01 AM

Aloha update..
Shipping will start next week fer sure this time.... The ceramic shop that's doing the final firing for me is a little slow in doing what i ask, but it 's looking good ... I hate to rush them because they are a retired couple that are nice folks..And there doing a fine job with our mug's... Every thing is ready on my end ,all i got's to do is the packaging and shipping and I cant wait anymore..ARGHHH! .... This will all pay off at the end and i hope ya like them, Ive put allot of work in these baby's. I will post the name's of member's who's mug's will be shipped next week so stay tuned... If you would like to contact me by phone my # is (408) 561-2503 .....Mucho Mucho mahalos..... Notch..

On 2007-03-23 12:31, teaKEY wrote:
And what is a ghost proof, never heard that term before.

:o GHOST PROOF? :o

I dunno teaKEY...BUT looking into this ectoplasmicly-enhanced photo, someone -OR- someTHING isn't too happy about the whole "head-smashing" idea!!! YIKES! :o

WhatEVER you are doing NOTCH... these are destined to be MiNd-BlOwErs...SsweeetT!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2007 6:52 PM

Ahoy!!! Update!!!!
FINALLY I will be blasting these baby's out the door!!!! Everything is set in motion to start shipping Monday!!!Here is the list of members who's mugs will be shipped out first....
BigBroTiki
TheRaginRarotongan
Phinix
StikyTiki
Paipo
FreddieBallsomic
Tikisgirl
Caffeinated
Cheekyhalf
Neptunetiki
Tikilale
teaKey
TedTiki
Blacksands
Morbidboy
TravelingJones
Karbora
TraderTom
TikiTastic
Alientiki
Swanky
Thunderlips
Miketheheadhunter
Kono
Turbogod
Nitropic
So be expecting a package soon.....And fer the rest of the gang, Stay tuned for the next role call!!! And that's very soon!!!!!
If your on the list and haven't payed up yet, you can PM on how you would like to make payment..
Mucho Mahaloz.........Notch

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-04-05 09:51 ]

:D SHAZZZAM & HOT DAMN!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

On 2007-03-16 19:48, NOTCH wrote:
Well we are trying to have a tiki mug release party for ROBERTO LOCO MUG at Forbidden Island in MAY but haven't really announced it yet.... I gotta get an exact date from martin so i can find someone to make the flyer..I will let you guy's know when i get the time/date..Mahalo

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-03-16 19:56 ]

Perfect idea. Looking forward to more drinking and this time with one of your own mugs!

N

Update...
I just picked up our first batch of mug's today from the ceramic shop and they look awesome!!! I was going to ship on Monday but they were not ready to be picked up so I'm doing that today and tomorrow... Finally!!! I'm gonna buy a case of redbull for them retired ceramic folks...I will PM ya when It goes out...

N

NICE PAINT JOB!!! I was afraid there might not be enough blood, but I think you even topped the Gecko Bloody Maori!

those are some sexy sexy dismembered heads. Let me know when you're getting a new shipment!!!

T

How bout a NOTCH update >>>>>>

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Apr 18, 2007 8:07 PM

AlOHA UPDATE!!!
Hi TC, I put a hold on the mugs for one week couse I was asked by a photographer if i can have my hotrod ready for a photo shoot this past weekend, I told them no problemo.. I was in shock when they asked me. First the magazine is the Rodder's Journal and they only photograph top notch rods and custom's. Second my car wasn't ready and I needed a lot of work done on it, So i got to work with the help of some friends.
My hotrod is a 1935 ford pick up that's been sitting in my backyard for months and it's all bare metal and you know what happens when you leave bare metal outside, It rusts... So we had to sand it off quick!!
The car made for the shoot and they are going to have it for a few days at there studio in san fran.I will post some picks up later of the photo shoot...
So I'm back on track!! I shipped out some mugs today and will continue to do so everyday
Everythings looking good and i hope you like your mug when it gets to you... feel free to ask any questions... Mucho Mucho mahaloz

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-04-18 20:08 ]

T

is there still that extra surprise inside

Now that's kick ass Rodder's journal is a neat mag. Let us know more when it becomes available about the photo shoot(or when the issue will come out). Also looking forward to mug, but no rush. Hell yeah!

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Apr 19, 2007 6:50 PM

Here's some picks from the photo shoot I told ya from the Rodder's Journal studio. I'm thinkin they are gonna keep her fer around a week taking picture's. Watcha guy's think????

Take us all for a ride!!!! Hip~

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Apr 19, 2007 8:12 PM

I'll try to drive it to one of the tiki events and give everyone a hotlap around the block!!!

Cool Nacho! First round on me this sunday.

As Peter Griffin would say "Ain't that freakin sweet."

S

Now that's a freakin light box! Nice ride. That's slammmed. There is an F150 show here every year and seeing a totally slammed truck nect to a perfect restoration is always a kick. Truck goes from like 7 feet tall to 4...

T

Notch, watch who you offer a ride 2 some of these 'cats' on this forum are hitting 300lbs.....

Shit howdy, it's only 4 ft. tall!
:music: The low ri der
is a little higher :music:

nice ride notch

Received my mug today & it looks great! Nice work on this piece Notch.

N
NOTCH posted on Sat, Apr 21, 2007 6:45 PM

Aloha TC,
In may previous postings i told ya that my mug will come's with a extra secret surprise. the mug you get will come with a certificate and my card and that's not all, when the last mug is shipped i will inform all of you what comes's next and you need to leave everything in-tacked besides the box... you can say its kinda like a lotto that I'm gonna try to do .... So keep the cards in-tacked and stay tuned!!!!
Mucho Mahaloz...

[ Edited by: NOTCH 2007-04-21 18:49 ]

OH MY GAWD, the tension is killing me.

me got my mug today! I really like the blue in the hair!

Thanks!

T

Got Mine also, it's amazing!!! But, just a quick question what does one drink out of a severed head?

Gonna keep everything together for the Lotto (?) I love games!

Tikisgrl

Got handed my mug by Notch himself today. Really beautiful work my friend. Can't wait for the next one!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 354 replies