Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Carving Swap - 4/7 Draw Completed

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 231 replies

A

Well I thought could finish 2 and give the recipient a choice. But in the words of G.W.Bush " it would be easier if it was a dictatorship". Freedom of choice out the window. Hewey , you get the Koa Pocket Moai and you'll like it. Only joking Hewey, I hope you like it.

All joking aside there was a lot of great pieces created by all the artist involved.

http://www.eibass.com

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2007-04-09 02:49 ]

On 2007-04-08 23:46, flynny wrote:
Queen K
I was dreading getting Paipo, Benz or Tama to recieve my piece cos there just so good, but I'm sure Paipo will love the piece, at the rate your advancing he's going to own an early piece from a potential master. You take on complex pieces straight out of the starting blocks not just one but several, I know it leaves me and other amateur stoners in awe and pushing ourselves to take on more complex stuff (check out Perry's thread)
Keep up the great work Amy
Regards
Flynny

Flynny, that is so nice!!! Thank you so much for letting me be part of this. Watching this and other threads pushes me to get better, I am really trying and I owe that to you, all the others, including the masters!

Amy

Have we seen all the finished pieces? Seems like a few havent appeared yet (I know Im still waiting for one in particular, pdrake. :wink: ) & Im sure Easter has been & gone worldwide now hasnt it..? Perhaps we still have a few members furiously whittling away still..?

Tama :)

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 9, 2007 6:42 PM

Hey Alien I love the pocket moai :D He'll look right at home hanging with my Finkdaddy pendant.

I hope we get to see pix of all the finished works.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-20 01:26 ]

ST

If any of you know FBalls and run into him ask him to PM me with his info. I've sent a couple of PMs but no response yet.

I only gots one from ya, Homes.... ill shoot a pm right now. Maholla Back!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 4:25 PM

"I hope we get to see pix of all the finished works."

Yeah, bring it!

-G

Hi All, I got my Benzart this weekend and it is amazing!!!!!! I want to thank all of you who put this together. This really was a terrific thing to do. I am practicing my detail sanding so whoever gets me , is happy too. :)

Thanks again all

Amy

ST

Got my swap item today in the mail. Yipee! Super nice carved stone pendant by Paipo. Left my camera at work so I'll have to post a pic later.

8ft',

Kava Kava showed up on time for my birthday. Really nice piece! He's among friends and I'll take good care of this cherished item.

Thanks!

Aloha Station,

Your paintings are going in the mail Thurs. morn. Thanx for your patience, just got the last one back from the photographer today.

Aloha!

S
T

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-19 01:17 ]

Still waiting for my swap-mate, mate..? :cry:

Tama :wink:

Of course I was way behind....and I drew Benz....what a double whammy!!

Just got his moai done tonight....8x10 enamal and acrylic on clayboard

Sorry so late BA!!

B

Excellent piece C-dalle, I'll be Proud to hang him in my tiki office. Yippeeee!

On 2007-04-06 20:01, GMAN wrote:
OK folks, gather 'round, the draw is complete. Here is how they were pulled out of the hat by the Doc.....

Forgive me if I do not spell your names correctly,

• Flynny makes for TikiLee
  • Pdrake makes for Tama
  • Benz makes for QueenK
  • 8ft makes for SneakyTiki
  • Tama makes for Flynny
  • Hewey makes for SCTikishack
  • Mieko makes for 8ft
  • SurfTiki makes for Fballs
  • Aloha Station makes for WPlugger
  • Paipo makes for SurfTiki
  • Clydesdale makes for Benz
  • Alien makes for Hewey
  • WPlugger makes for Meiko
  • QueenK makes for Paipo
  • TikiLee makes for Pdrake
  • SCTikishack makes for Clydesdale
  • SneakyTiki makes for Aloha Station
  • Fballs makes for Alien

*How're we going folks? Im getting REALLY excited; my swap-buddy is putting so much time into mine! :lol: :wink: :cry:

Tama

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Apr 24, 2007 6:01 PM

Did this sort of die or what? I was hoping to see a big parade of art?

P

yeah, um, i've been putting a lot of time into it. once i knew it was going to a master i wanted it to be a true work of art.

just notice how much i've posted in the past couple of weeks. nada. i'm in a serious slump after the tiki farm sale. i know, get back on the horse and all, but sometimes it's hard. i don't want to destroy the piece and end up with a piece of crap, which is what has been happening lately.

i'll get right on it tama. promise.

P

here's the current state of the swap piece, just so i can come clean with everyone. i've been procrastinating and putting other things in front of it and then had personal issues i had to get through. it's back on the bench and will be finished post haste, before anything else.

Yo, Surf....Got my piece ...I really love the finish.. Proud to be the owner of your #1 piece.. It is already displayed in the BALLSavage Lounge.. U Go! fB

On 2007-04-24 20:35, pdrake wrote:
here's the current state of the swap piece, just so i can come clean with everyone. i've been procrastinating and putting other things in front of it... it's back on the bench and will be finished post haste, before anything else.

*Just a playful poke in the ribs Perry! No real hurry; just had to know you were still out there. I know full well what it's like when your not feeling up to it. Sorry to hear the sales didnt go so well.

Thanks for the update; that'll keep me happy for a week or two. :D Looking good!

Tama :)

Glad you liked it FB! I was pretty happy with it too. I just wish I had been smart enough to trace a template of it so I could make myself one. Oh well, guess mine will have to be another original.

Sneaky

I got the paintings and they look great. Can't wait to find a place for them at the bar. Thanks again.

F

I am one happy chappy, Just recieved Tama's swap piece, a complete one off, I am so chuffed.
Tama, cheers man, it really is excellent,he has a real presence I'll have to get a glamour shot with Peb soon. Tiki Lee you should get yours any day know, he must be somewhere over the Atlantic at least.
Regards
Luke the Stonescraper

B

Clysdalle, Just got your Swap piece in the mail, THANKS, the pictures don't do it justice (as usual) I'll proudly hang in on my tiki wall and post a Pic when I do.
Thanks again!

Less chatting and more picture posting. :evil:

One of my bigger regrets is not getting in on this. If you do it again please count me in. :oops:

I was so eager to make mine perfect, it broke, so I had to send it to paipo with a new one that I had finished up and really worked on the finishing sanding. I hope he likes it. Its tradional Moai. I think I make better lemoncello then I carve, but Paipo will have to make that decision...lol

Amy

On 2007-04-28 08:23, Benzart wrote:
Clysdalle, Just got your Swap piece in the mail, THANKS, the pictures don't do it justice (as usual) I'll proudly hang in on my tiki wall and post a Pic when I do.
Thanks again!

Excellent BA sorry again it was a tad late...Great to know it's in a happy home enjoy!

On 2007-04-25 11:46, AlohaStation wrote:
Sneaky

I got the paintings and they look great. Can't wait to find a place for them at the bar. Thanks again.

You're very welcome Aloha Station!

Thanx for being a sport about me being late shipping. I took even more time because the photographer scuffed the corners up a bit so I touched them up and revarnished them before shipping.

Regarding the carving tips you shared with me: I bought some Basswood today and hope to try out the "soft" wood soon.

Peace AND Tiki,
S
T

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-29 22:02 ]

Hewey,

The other day I saw a box marked finger snacks on my front porch. Could it be my tiki or was my wife getting me some supplies for my fry daddy? Fortunately, for my heart, it was the tiki you made. Thank you, I know you spent a lot of time and money getting it to me.

My little guy won't give it up. He is even taking naps with it.

Cheers,
Will

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 8:08 PM

Glad to know you like it mate :D When you said you were going to treat it like family, I didn't realise that meant putting it to bed :lol: :D Must have been fun unwrapping it! :D

P
Paipo posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 1:01 AM

On 2007-04-28 15:17, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
I was so eager to make mine perfect, it broke, so I had to send it to paipo with a new one that I had finished up and really worked on the finishing sanding. I hope he likes it. Its tradional Moai. I think I make better lemoncello then I carve, but Paipo will have to make that decision...lol

Amy

Traditional moai or traditional Maori? Was there a third piece in the box I didn't find ? :wink:
I'm very happy with my replacement piece - you've really done an impressive job and the photos didn't do it justice. I love the rich chocolate brown colour of the stone you used, which seems pretty similar in structure to my beach pebbles.

Thanks Paipo, yes, I meant maori...sorry, I was so upset when I broke the original piece. The maori is a cool piece that I am glad you like, I really worked on it to make it finished looking.I have been getting better with my pebble choices too. I will work on the ones you sent me this week....

I am happy happy happy :)

Amy

F

Hi Amy, any chance of a pic, or have I missed it somewhere.
Still no word from Tiki Lee as to the arrival of the birdman, maybe he's flown off course a little, hope he arrives soon TL
Regards to All
Flynny

On 2007-05-01 23:14, flynny wrote:
Hi Amy, any chance of a pic, or have I missed it somewhere.
Still no word from Tiki Lee as to the arrival of the birdman, maybe he's flown off course a little, hope he arrives soon TL
Regards to All
Flynny

Hi Flynny, I have an old picture before I changed the braiding and really cleaned it up. Maybe Paipo can post a picture too, since he likes it. here is the one picture I have.

A

I got this cool Freddie Ballsomic carving a while back. like i said, I'm a slacker but here's the pics

And one photot for size.

Thanks for the cool pendant Mr. fballs!

And thanks Flynny for setting up this whole thing.

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2007-05-02 17:59 ]

Flynny!
I'm so sorry to have taken so long to post this, but I've been Super-Busy!

Anyway, I loves me Budgy-Man! I don't know how in the heck you got all that detail into the Moai clasp; it's amazingly fantastic! The day I got it, I wore it out on the town with the wifey, and we got this shot of us (and it) at the show...

Cheers Mate! I can hardly wait 'till the next swap!

Wow! Nice Bird-man! :wink:

TTT

F

Trust you Tama, must be something in the NZ water.
TL I'm glad you received the piece ok and that he's settling in to the more glamourous lifestyle than he had in sleepy Devon.
Best Regards
Flynny

Edited to avoid further embarassment...

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-05-09 23:50 ]

8T

Oh never mind...

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8ft tiki 2007-05-14 15:58 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 231 replies