Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker New Art Print!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies

MAHALO PLENTY BRAD!!!

I was kicking myself on your last ebay sale that I didn't just hit the Buy It Now before it went to auction!

Sorry to everyone else who missed this triple header....the late night bird catches the worm around here! :wink:

Can't wait....especially for the ORIGINAL SKETCH! :D

[ Edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2007-05-07 01:28 ]

Mahalo right back at you Dr. TikiMojo!
Your art is on it's way!
Aloha!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-05-08 03:02 ]

Hey Tiki Central,
Well, happy ALOHA Friday! And this week I was actually ready to put up an auction on E-bay of another "Aloha Friday Art COMBO": Art Print and Original Drawing.
So, it's the Giclee of "Mystic Tiki Number Nine: the Sunken Tiki" and a new drawing from my "raw" paper stock Sketch book.

"Mystic Tiki Number Nine"

"Jungle Madness Tiki"
Yeah, I was listening to that tune by Martin Denny while I was drawing this tiki. I think this drawing is my best attempt to put that music onto paper. Well, let's say, it's one interpretation, at least. :)

Cast your peepers at the auction here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170111128400&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks for looking!
Big Aloha from the Big Island!

J

Wow! Jungle Madness Tiki is fantastic! I love the elegance of it! I do believe that one needs to go in a painting!

D

i am so glad i obsessively check TC ~ because now i'm the proud owner of the drawing and print! yay me.

"Aloha Friday" Tiki Central exclusive!

Happy Aloha Friday! You know what that means. I'm offering up some original art for sale again! I usually have a print and an original sketch, but I'm all out of giclees right now, and I'm waiting for Honu Editions to catch up with my order. So, it's just a original tiki drawing today:

Kapapa Tiki
8.5" x 12" heavy raw paper stock.

Whoops! Change that! - Honu editions just called and are getting me at least one new giclee tomorrow!... So It is a art combo! Fine art print and Original Drawing, as my usual.

The fine art Giclee (that's french) of Mystic Tiki Number Nine: the Sunken Tiki!

Aloha, and have a great weekend!

Tiki Shark

http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-05-18 19:48 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-05-18 19:50 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:03 ]

E-BAY auction

It's the 'art combo' of an original drawing and an art print.

The print: Mystic Tiki #9: "The Sunken Tiki" by Big Island tiki artist, Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker. This piece is a Giclee art print. It's a fine art reproduction on heavy water color paper using fade resistant archival inks. It was created at Honu Editions in Kamuela, Hawaii. The print's been personally signed and numbered by the artist, and it's offered in a limited edition of 200. Image area is 16" by 20". Paper area is 18" by 22"

the drawing: ORIGINAL PENCIL DRAWING, also by Brad Parker. "Kapapa Tiki". Drawing is on HEAVY raw paper stock - 8.5" x 12". Taken right from the artist's sketch book.

View the auction on e-bay here....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170113819804

Aloha from the Big Island!

Hey TC,

Here's my Aloha Friday EBay Art combo listing....
2 items, an art print, and an original drawing:
Okay, I had it on my wall long enough, now it's time to let it loose into the world, where it can haunt someone's basement Tiki Bar.

It's the terrible CANNIBAL TIKI!
Drawing on heavy raw paper, 8" x 12".
Along with the Cannibal Tiki is his buddy...

The Sunken Tiki - also known as Mystic Tiki Number 9.
A Giclee (that's French, how swanky!) art print. It's a high quality reproduction on heavy water color paper using fade resistant archival inks. It was created at Honu Editions in Kamuela, Hawaii. The print's been personally signed and numbered by the artist, and it's offered in a limited edition of 200. Image area is 16" by 20" (the same size as the original painting, which was painted in Kona as a commission). Paper area is 18" by 22".

To Check out this listing on E-Bay go to...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiki-Art-Print-and-Original-Drawing-by-Brad-Parker_W0QQitemZ170126690305QQihZ007QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mahala from the Volcano!

I

Your work is so iconic, and that last auction--I love the fish forming a necklace around that sunken tiki. Takes me places in my imagination.

Take care,

I.

Thanks Ivan, I really like your work too!
But, think about what the fish are forming in a Hawaiian sense.
It's not a necklace, but a lei of flowers. Eh? Get it?
Mahalo from the Volcano!

I

Heya Brad!

Oops! Yeah, lei is a much more appropriate term. :)

Take care,

I.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 9:20 AM

GROG just got GROG's Sunken Tiki print back from framer last weekend and it look awesome. Now GROG just have to rearrange the art on the walls in GROG's tiki room to hang it (along with a Ruzic paddle, a couple of Suzy's coconut monkeys, another Yaniger piece, etc.)

Thanks Brad.

Grog!!!
Howzit Bruddah?!
Hope U R doing fine!
It warms the cockles o' me heart to know that a piece of my art is on the walls of your tiki room! U just made my day!

Mahalo from the Volcano!

"The Tiki O' Da Steam Vents"

ALOHA TIKI CENTRAL!

New Tiki Drawing!

"VOO DOO ROOM TIKI"
Pencil on raw paper, 12" by 8.5"

and...

"The Sunken Tiki" Limited edition Giclee

Are up for sale

To see the E-bay listing please direct your mouse to...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170133208163

Mahalo from the Volcano!
Tiki Shark ~

Tiki Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-07-21 12:08 ]

Nice washboard abs on that guy.
Great work as always Brad, I always like seeing your new stuff or maybe this was pulled from the B.P. archives?

Hey Brad, one or more of your Bad-Ass tikis needs to become a mug. Maybe cannibal tiki from page. 4.
Please start one of those "ubiquitous" lists, and put me on it. :D

[ Edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2007-07-21 00:20 ]

T

Nice, look at the background in that last one. Didn't even catch that and I bet I wasn't alone

SWAMPY~ Thanks Doug, This one's brand Spankin' new. So new that the paper's still warm! I figured if he's guarding that wahine's hut, he better be tough looking.
Tiki-TongaFrom your mouth to Pele's ears! I know, I'm working on setting aside money for just such a project. It may take a bit though.
teaKEY
Yep... I wanted a bit more detailed back ground on this drawing. Actually I wasn't sure if it was too racy for TC, but Hewy hasn't thumped me yet, so guess not. (?) I censored the BG on the E-bay listing. (Only you true art patrons of Tiki Central get to see the entire piece.)

Mahalo from the Big Island!

Aloha!
Here's dat last minute alert on the last print/sketch combo on e-bay!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 28, 2007 9:45 AM

Alot of tikis have grimaces on their faces and look like they are constipated and trying real hard to take a dump, but you took it to a new level with this last guy. He's pushing so hard you see his abs just jutting out. The poor bastard is going to bust a gut or blow a vein. You gotta start given these guys some fiber to eat or they're going to have a stroke just trying to pinch one off.

YEAH! The movie of the cartoon yellow people is finished and GROG is back making funny comments! Hooray!
Great to have you back, my friend!

BUT, yeah, many people feel that most tikis are in a "constipated" pose. I think it's supposed to be a frightening warrior stance, actually. Why, just the other day I was at the historical Hawaiian site here on the Big Island known as "the Place of Refuge". It's got a lot of cool looking tikis. And I'm digging this one tiki. And this tourist walks up and says, "Hey this must be the potty area, lookie at the statue of the guy trying to take a poop!"

I smiled as he laughed. I then raised my Mai Tai in the predetermined signal. Instantly a big Kane stepped from behind a hut and ended the sacrilegious Kapu breaking humor with a resounding whack from his shark tooth club. Ah, Hawaiian culture.

Okay, that last bit only happened in my head. But, funny thing about the "kapu" system. There was only one penalty for breaking a Kapu. (and it wasn't a stern warning!)

Big Aloha!

Tiki Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2007-07-29 01:10 ]

Aloha Tiki Central!

Finally I got time aside to put together another Tiki Print/Drawing combo~

Giclee of Mystic Tiki Number 9: The Sunken Tiki

AND... an Original Tiki Drawing

Check out the e-bay auction here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170143826989

Mahalo from Kona!

Added you as a favorite seller--very cool work, Brad!

Take care,

I.

Aloha Tiki Central!

It's finally up for sale.
Fine art reproductions of "Mystic Tiki Painting number 11: The Moon Of Manakoora".

The Moon Of Manakoora
Gallery Wrapped Gilclee on canvas
24" x 30" (same size as the original)

Each Print is signed and number by the artist... AND will have additional painting done on each one by me, (the artist). What I wanted to do to the original was layer pearlescent tinting on the moon - making it glitter in the light. The title is "The Moon of Manakoora" - so I wanted the moon to have a real unique glittering effect. However, I discovered that the process of scanning in the painting for creating a gilcee prohibited such mediums. They don't come out correct in the giclee. So, to make sure each print has the intended effect of the original, I'm going in and re-painting the moon on each print, and including the pearlescent tinting. Each print will be slightly different, and sort of an original in itself, and have almost the same exact visual effect as the original painting - As close as is possible.

The Giclees are being created here on the Big Island by Honu Editions. Honu Editions specializes in Fine Art Reproductions. They create reproductions for most of the high end gallery's on the island, where their gilcees sell for $2,000 and up. They use fade resistant archival inks, and their color matching is dead on PERFECT. I guarantee it will be an exact reproduction of the original.

Shipping will be added, according to the buyers location, and preference for shipping services. Priority US Parcel Post or UPS.

The Giclees are not finished yet, but will be ready with-in two weeks. However, due to the extremely low number of prints being made, I wanted to offer to Tiki Central the chance to pre-order. There will only be ten giclees. Due to the time and labor it will take me to (obsess over and) re-paint each giclee to acheive the proper effect, there will not be another print run on canvas.

I take PayPal. If you are interested please Personal Message me.

Thanks for your interest!
Mahalo for Kona!
Bradley (Tiki Shark) Parker

Tiki Shark

http://www.tikishark.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-04-23 18:43 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:04 ]

J

Does this mean there won't be more affordable prints on paper for those of us with shallower pockets? That would make me sad :cry:

Totally a Bargain once you consider how much the original is going for!
Beautiful and Worth every penny Brad!
These should sell out quick once the word gets out!!!
:D :D :D :D

Aloha!

Jentiki~ I Grock you, baby. I understand your point. I agonized over this question while I was realizing what I was going to have to do to create reproductions that were true to the original. However, I came to the conclusion that an exclusive print run has to remain just that. Exclusive. It wouldn't be fair to the folks who are now ordering the very limited edition, if I turned around and mass produced it at a lower cost. So, this image is going to be rare. But, do not fret! There is a lot more tiki art coming outta me, and some images will be low cost, open ended print runs on paper. Just, not this particular image.

LLT~ And...thanks for speaking up on the value of art. It's funny, I was talking to a friend who owns a gallery here and told him about the exclusive print run. He asked how much, and I told him. He about fell over, and sputtered "Are you nuts? Why are you selling them so cheep?!" What the? Too expensive! Too cheep! I guess art is a very personal thing to the people who buy it, and everyone has to decide what it's value is to them.

S

Though not an insignificant chunk of change, $500 for a hand embellished gallery wrapped canvas giclee of significant size, is more than reasonable.

I doubt you will have much difficulty selling the entire run.

Keep painting.

"Mystic Tiki Painting number 11: The Moon Of Manakoora" is beautiful, but when can I get my hands on one of those mugs the wahine is holding?

J

Aloha Brad!
Please don't misunderstand me... I do not dispute the value of the prints you are doing. I simply was hoping for a less expensive process so that I could afford to get one. I understand, and appreciate, the concept of a limited edition print, so I'm not mad, just disappointed that I will not be able to own one. I look forward to seeing the more affordable ones you have planned.
Mahalo!

Aloha TC!

Hope u all are having a great Labor Day weekend!
SirginBig Mahalo for the kind words! I think iIt's really gonna be an amazing reproduction - as close to the real thing as it can be.
Trader Tom
Have had some talk, and various ideas, but nothing solid has yet been put together. Thanks for wondering... enough interest and I'll have ta do something.
Jentiki~I get it that you get it. And, I Thank you!

This is just a reminder that the Today's the last day for the Auction on E-bay for the Tiki Drawing and the Print! It's got lots of hits, but as of right now, it's still up for grabs!

U can see it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170143826989&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Mahalo from the (soggy) Big Island!

Aloha TC,

It's Baaaaack!

That is, the original ("Moon of Manakoora") is back from Honu editions. I was there today, and saw the proofs for the Giclee run. They look great! I saw one on canvas, and one on paper. They do really amazing work. The colors are exactly like the original. Even all those blues tones. However, I was correct about the pearlesent paint. It came out a dull, dark grey. It seems to get a great scan, they tone "reflectivity" way down. But pearlesent is all about reflecting light. So it comes out null. So, that's where I'm going to have to go in and repaint the Giclees to get that glittering reflectivity back on the moon. The first reproductions will be done in about 10 days and then they have to get stretched, and then I'm going to do my thing. Sooooo, we're looking at 2 to 3 weeks before any are sent out. I really appreciate everyone's patience, it's going sorta slow, but I want to get these done right.

Big Aloha!

Aloha Tiki Marketplace browsers!

Well, Honu editions finally got the first batch of Giclee's ready.

You'll notice that the edges of the image are mirrored. This is so when the canvas is stretched around a frame, the edges will not be blank, but will have a continuous image. The original had the sides painted black.

I could have had the giclee's printed with black edges, but I hear it's very difficult to stretch it so it exactly matches where the edge should be.
Since I am repainting parts of the stretched Giclees, I guess I could paint the sides black. But, the mirrored edge looks kinda cool!

Especially where it does THIS! Trippy! But, that bit would end up on the top side/edge, and no one will really see it much.

I also noticed that I will be going in a touching up the highlights. The canvas they print on is not pure white. So the "white" highlights are only as white as the canvas. Making them a very light cream color. I was thinking how hard would it be to go in a re-tint the mug a green color? Hmmmm? Hey, I'm not saying I'm doing that, I'm just wondering. (Oh, and there MIGHT be some news about that particular mug (I'm calling it the "Gill-Manakoora" mug) soon.

There are some giclee's in this very limited run still up for sale! So, you still have a chance to have one of these babies hangin in your Tiki Bar!

Aloha!

J

On 2007-09-17 19:17, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Oh, and there MIGHT be some news about that particular mug (I'm calling it the "Gill-Manakoora" mug) soon.

Oh man! Being one of those "mug weirdos" and a Parker fan, this little tease of information thrilled me so much that now I gotta go change my undies! :blush:

Those of you who can afford this exceptionally reasonably priced print should order them now while you can! I can only imagine the appreciation of the value of a (very) limited edition Brad Parker print 5-10 years from now! I can't wait for "Tiki Shark - The Musical" to hit Vegas! :wink:

hail hail the original painting!!! ...down with giclee's!!!

Aloha Market shoppers!
JentikiThanks so much for the kind words!
Captain Tipsy Mc Stagger
RRRR, Captain, er... oh, sorry that talk like a Pirate thing was yesterday! I get that you dig original art. So, watch this here thread. There will be some sketches from my latest piece posted here.

Aloha!

Aloha!

Tiki Shark art up for sale at the "Tiki Island" show November 2nd, at the Bali Hai in San Diego!

"Forbidden Island"
Acrylic on Canvas

Detail on the tiki hut and evil brain bartender

Detail of the Tiki and the girl

Dosn't look likes she's in tooo much distress. Must just be getting a lift to the tiki lounge!

"The Moon Of Manakoora"
Retouched Giclee

All this Tiki Shark art will be up for sale at the Bali Hai...

Hope to see you there! If you cannot make the show and are interested, PM me. But do it soon! I leave for LA with the art tomorrow!

Mahalo!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php
Proud Sponcer of The Cocktail Nation
http://www.cocktailnation.net

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:06 ]

Happy Aloha Friday! - In celebration of which, I'm offering up some TIKI art for sale. I try to offer up a special deal on some art direct from the artist (me) every "Aloha Friday". However, I been too busy to post a sale for a while. A REEEAAALLY long while... So, sorry to everyone who's been waiting for over three months for another Aloha Friday Art Sale... well, here it is!

Item 1 : THE PRINT: Mystic Tiki #9: "The Sunken Tiki" by Big Island artist, Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker. This piece is a Giclee art print. It's a fine art reproduction on heavy water color paper using fade resistant archival inks. It was created at Honu Editions in Kamuela, Hawaii. The print's been personally signed and numbered by me, (the artist,) and it's offered in a limited edition of 200. Image area is 16" by 20". Paper area is 18" by 22". Value - $100.00.

Item 2 - The drawing: AN ORIGINAL PENCIL DRAWING - also by Brad Parker. "The Ghostiki". Yep, it's finally up for sale. I got a lot of requests about this drawing, and I decided to put it up for sale. It's stalked my studio for long enough! Drawing is on HEAVY raw paper stock - 8.5" x 12". Value - $50.00. Buy them both now for this "Aloha Friday" Special Price!

If you have any questions please message me. Big Mahalo from the Big Island!

Take a look at the E-Bay sale Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170183135633&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Aloha!

"Ghostiki"? Someone just emailed me and said it should be called the "Skeletiki"!

Hmmm... That sounds good too! Whatever it is, it's on E-bay one more day! Tomorrow's the last day!

Mahalo!

Aloha!

New "Aloha Friday" art sale.... er...even though it's Sunday.

""The Sunken Tiki" Limited edition, signed, Art Print.

And...

"Waikiki Mystery" - Original Black and White Ink Illustration. 11" x 14" on 100 lb Bristol

Check out the e-bay auction here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170189493619

Mahalo!

Aloha~

An original Pencil Drawing.

"Ku Honu" The Crab Tiki.

Mahalo~

Big Mahalo!

"Waikiki Mystery"

Woodcut Print
9" x 12"
Signed by the artist and by the engraver
Limited Edition of 178.

$50.00

Art was created by tiki artist, Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker, from his studio on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Engraving and printing was done by widely known, and highly collected, woodcut printer, Earl M.
Washington, in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Earl's engravings are meticulously hand carved on maple wood and hand printed on a nineteenth
century museum acquired Washington press.

Why 178 copies? Odd number for a print run? After 178 prints the pressure from the antique press began
to show on the wooden engraving, deteriorating the prints beyond the high quality the 178 have.

Earl then "scored" or defaced the wood block and printed 12 "cancellation proofs" as factual
confirmation of the wood block's inability to produce further prints.

The print run was then split between the artist (me) and the engraver (Earl). I have all the odd number
prints, as I wanted number "1" and "lucky number 13".

The original ink drawing has already been sold, and rests in the private collection of a tiki art patron
somewhere in North America.

"Waikiki Mystery" is the first woodcut print in a proposed "Tiki" series that will have at least 13 pieces.

Add $5 for shipping (to anywhere).

Send me a "Personal Message" for purchase.

I accept payment by PayPal, or Check, ...or you can travel to the Big Island, ply me with tropical rum drinks till I give you the
rare "Artist" and "Cancellation" proofs in a drunken fit of exuberance.

ALOHA!

Tiki Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-03-12 22:26 ]

It's an ALOHA FRIDAY SALE!

Well, it's an ALOHA FRIDAY SALE plus I just had some really good news. So I decided to put a gilcee up for auction to sort of celebrate the "art".

Folks who follow fantasy art may know about the art competition called "SPECTRUM, the Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art". They have held it for the last 15 years. Those entries judged worthy, are included in a very swanky "art book" published at the end of the year. This is the first year I entered, and I just found out that my work made it into the book!

This is a big deal to me because I'm a big fan of this book and the mega talented artist's that are in it, I have most of the editions.

And, I entered TIKI art! I may be the first person to get some TIKI into it!

So, Here it is...

The Sunken Tiki
Considered the Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art? Maybe...

Check out the sale auction here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170201671789&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Check out SPECTRUM here...
http://www.spectrumfantasticart.com/

Also, sad note about Dave Stevens passing away. I have several of his prints I got in the 90's. He is mentioned on the SPECTRUM web site if you want to find out more. A hui hou Dave!

Aloha~

J

Congrats, Brad!!! You deserve it!

Thanks Jen!

You can bet that next year I'll be submitting more tiki art. Actually I plan on submitting the Woodcuts as a "series".

Great job on making the book. When's it avavilable?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies