Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker New Art Print!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies

Big Mahalos fellow Tiki Tribe members!
Kingstiedye~ Well, you sure made my day! Mahalo Plenty!
Quiet Village I'd love a pic of how it'll look framed and such: if you can send one I'd be very thankful. Lemme know when u receive it and how it traveled.
Kustom-tiki
Okeedokeee, if u like da green so much, hows bout....."Mean Green Jelly Bean" is the title for the next print.

*On 2008-09-27 12:33, Tiki Shark Art wrote:*This is a very popular image - it's not only wood print number two, it is also a "Body Glove" Beach Towel!

Amazing Brad! Congrats... please keep me up to date re: availability. -Hodaddy

Hodaddy~
Thanks!
This is the first time I've ever created "printed" towels.

So far the samples from the factory look good.

These are the two most TIKI-fied of the bunch.

"GOTHIC HOT TROPIC"

..and "LADY OF THE LAVA"
Now, we have to get some orders so we can manufacture. The towels should be out next spring.
As you know, or don't know, we (me and my buddy Abbas) do wholesale manufacturer of Body Glove beach towels through our small company named "Tiki Shark Hawaii, Inc.". We just started working with an east coast distributor named JGR COPA.

Our beach towels are listed in the 2009 COPA catalog - (page 36). Yeah, it was cool to see our stuff in a big 'ol catalog! JGR COPA is a big distributor of "Beach, Sport and Surf" merchandise. It's the first time we've worked with them... and we're waiting to see what size of orders they'll get for us.

If you contact COPA and asked about the printed Body Glove beach towels, or the beach towels by Tiki Shark, it'd sure reflect well on us! Have them send you a catalog! Order away!

Here's their info:
JGR COPA, LLC
5611 Dewey Street
Hollywood FL 33023
Tel: 1-800-345-4408
[email protected]
http://www.jgrcopa.com

Other than all that, I'll keep you updated on the towels from here. We're talking with a west coast store chain to maybe carry them. We'll know after my partner's sales trip in November.

HODADDY~ If for any reason you have a glitch with ordering from COPA, personal message me and I will personally take care of you and your order - no worries. I'd just like COPA to hear that there are folks out there who want towels with tikis on them. That way next year I can get even MORE TIKIS on da Towels!

MAHALO PLENTY!

B~

On 2008-10-21 12:26, Tiki Shark Art wrote:

Quiet Village ~I'd love a pic of how it'll look framed and such: if you can send one I'd be very thankful. Lemme know when u receive it and how it traveled.

It has crossed many oceans and finally it reached my fair shores of my lil island city yesterday. Lovely LOVELY work. Even more impressive upclose. Will post a pic when it gets the royal frame job!

Maholoz Aplenty!

Payment just sent! I am so excited to get my Midnight Tiki! :D

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
Quiet village~ Thank you so much. I makes me all warm and mushy inside to hear you're enjoying the art (as much as I like making it)!
TikiDiego~ Mahalo Plenty for your payment. I'm hand tinting your print today! Sorry it took me a while to get to it, I was getting caught up with my day job work. I'll make your a REEEAALLLY good one since you waited all week so patiently.

AND speaking of putting brush to prints...
Since I'm in "hand tinting" mode today and getting caught up on some orders, now's an ideal time to put in a request for a hand tinted wood cut print:

Waikiki Mystery

Tiki Midnight

Prints are 9" x 12"
Signed and numbered

If you have a color preference let me know, other wise I do an wash of burnt umber that matches the look of the antique paper.
Send me a personal message if you'd like one.

Big Mahalo,
and have a great week end!
B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-10-24 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:43 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
Hey, just found out that our current Body Glove beach towels are up on the body Glove web site. They just go stuck up there today. They're not the Tiki Towels I did last year, but they are swanky... and I'm excited we finally got product up on the official BG web site!
Check them out if you like...
http://www.bodyglove.com/products_category.php?category_id=5183
Or try
http://www.bodyglove.com

If all goes well, you see the printed TIKI towels and such up there next spring/summer!

Mahalo~
B

ALOHA Tiki Tribe~
I'm getting ready to do another batch of hand tinting on some wood cuts. So, nows a good time to get your order in for one.

Waikiki Mystery
12" x 9"

Tiki Midnight
12" x 9"

Add on $5 for shipping to the mainland. Other countries ask me and we'll figure it out. It's usually a wee bit more.

"Personal Message" me and I'll give you the details on how to pay via PayPal, or regular mail.

Unfortunately, I have not heard back from my wood cutter/engraver/printer for a while. Last I heard, he was moving his studio and 2 k lb antique printing press to Florida. I have not gotten a response to my e-mails asking if he was set up or not. So, that's why there has been a delay in the "Tiki Noir" series. I HOPE he's okay and will turn up. I hate to think there might be a chance we'll never hear from him again and the series could end now with only these tow images completed - no more wood cuts! (maybe I got too complex and scared him off?)

Or.... If Earl has dissapeared never to returen, I may have to put feelers out to find another wood cut printer/engraver to work with. He was doing some amazing work. He might be very hard to replace. I'll keep you posted.

Big Mahalo from the Big Island!

Tiki Shark

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-11-03 11:47 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:42 ]

i heard of these guys....
Durer and Dore...
Master woodcutters and engravers,i heard!
They got the skill level to keep up with your work
if Earl doesn't surface!

The hand tinting adds just the right amount of OOMPH!
:)

T

I received my 'Tiki Midnight' last week. These prints are fantastic!! The hand tinting really makes the image jump out of the paper in a way that a scan on the computer can never capture. I can't wait to get it framed properly, I'll post pics when it's finished!
Thanks so much Brad!

H

On 2008-10-21 15:53, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
I'd just like COPA to hear that there are folks out there who want towels with tikis on them. That way next year I can get even MORE TIKIS on da Towels!

Excellent srtatagy!

Still have some - but there's not as many as there used to be...

Tiki Midnight
signed and numbered
Hand tinted wood cut

$35.00
Plus $5.00 shipping to mainland - other countries will be more.

Aloha Friday Art Sale!

Offered up for your consideration today is this...

An original study of a"Tiki Creature".
Pencil, ink and acrylic washes on heavy weight watercolor paper.
image area 6.5" x 9.5"
paper 9" x 12"

Is he a pagan alien robot? A aumakua inhabited living tiki? If so, which aumakua? He's got eight eyes like the Pig God Kamapa'a, but he also has shark tooth markings - and a shark head coming outa' him. Will he end up in my next painting? Maybe. I'm not sure, perhaps I may have just been breathing in too much VOG.

$50.00
Plus $5 shipping and handling to the mainland.
Art is shipped flat. Priority US Mail, insurance and a tracking no.
Other countries confirm with me for shipping costs.

Personal Message me. I take paypal.

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-01-16 16:11 ]

It's "Aloha Friday"!!
.. and time for another piece of original art to go up for sale.
Here's today's tasty morsel...

"Surfing Tiki Spirit".
Acrylic washes on heavy weight watercolor paper.
image area 6.5" x 9.5"
paper 9" x 12"

Plus $5 shipping and handling to the mainland.
Art is shipped flat.
Other countries confirm with me for shipping costs.

Personal Message me. I take paypal.

"Gee, what da' heck is this piece of art supposed to be about?"
Well... so like, this storm blew through Kona about a week ago. Last Sunday night it was. For a few days after the waves were big, and the surfers where out in force. Many folks, me included, were down at Honl's beach watching the show. One day, however, the waves surged up huge, I'd say 10 feet with some reaching 15 and over. I swear I saw several 20 footers. Most of the local kids didn't hit the water. They stood holding their boogie boards and watched the dozen or so hardy (or crazy) surfers who went out. I was taken with the courage and mad perfection of these hardy few.

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:11 ]

On 2008-11-03 11:43, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
ALOHA Tiki Tribe~
I'm getting ready to do another batch of hand tinting on some wood cuts. So, nows a good time to get your order in for one.

Waikiki Mystery
12" x 9"
$30

Tiki Midnight
12" x 9"
$30

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-11-03 11:47 ]

Mine arrived this morning, man they are breathtaking. They are a million times better than the scans on TC.... and I thought those were amazing!
See the feature at http://theshagpile.blogspot.com/2009/01/artist-in-residence-jan-2009-brad.html

Nice one Brad and mahalo.

Fan of Shag? - Check out The Shag Pile

[ Edited by: sasquatch 2009-01-28 03:50 ]

Thanks! I'm so glad you like them.
There is a real amazing quality wood cuts have in person.

Big Mahalo!

T

Brad, your stuff is out of this world. Thanks for the Friday specials...I just shot you Paypal for the Tiki Creature...Cheers!

Aloha tiki Tribe~
I was recently asked just what paintings are available for sale.
Here they are:

"Forbidden Island"
24" x 48" acrylic on canvas

Bela Lugosi has a Zombie
24" x 30" acrylic on canvas

The Menehunes come out at Night
24" x 30" acrylic on canvas

Diga Diga Doo
24" x 24" acrylic on canvas

Shipping is about $ from here, but a few of these are on the mainland in California, and shipping will be
less. If you are interested, send me a personal message and let's talk tiki art! I'm headed over to Maui for a few days and I'll not be on line. So if you Personal message me, give me till wed to get back to you.
Big Mahalo, and have a great week end.
Brad~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-02-01 12:48 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-06-11 15:03 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-06-26 20:29 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:10 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Happy Aloha Friday the 13TH!

Er, wha? It's Saturday already? (Well, that will teach me not to mix paca lolo with selling art) :)

Today we have ORIGINAL ART!

Tiki Pencil Study
8.5" x 11"
regular paper.

If I knew the sketch would turn out so nice I would have grabbed a better stock of paper. However, my artistic impetuousness is your savings. I'd charge at least $25 more for it if it was on a good stock. And framed, hey, who's gonna know?

This study is for my current painting in progress "Tiki Cat". To take a look at that go check out my thread in Creating Tiki Other Crafts.

I take pay pal.
Personal message me.

B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

http://www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php
Proud Sponcer of The Cocktail Nation
http://www.cocktailnation.net

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:12 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

And Happy ALOHA FRIDAY!
Today's offering is an original piece of tiki art.
It's a pencil study I did from a dream I had. (I'm not saying I was re-reading the book Kon Tiki and puffing some paca lolo before I went to sleep, but I'm not denying it either.)This may well grow up someday to become a full on painting. I layed in washes of burnt Umber over the pencil study.

"Kon Tiki Dream #1"
pencil and acrylic wash on water color paper.
9" x 12"
B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:40 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Submitted for your approval:

"Diga Diga Doo"
Limited Edition Giclee Art Prints

113 - Signed and numbered

(for Hawaii, the Mainland, North America)
For shipping rates to other countries check with me.
It's been my experience that the rate is about double.

Here is a side by side comparison of the original painting and the Giclee.
I have my reproductions done at "Honu Editions" in Kamuela Hawaii.
I'm always absolutely pleased with the perfection that Paul McCormik (the gifted craftsman behind Honu Editions) has in his ability to reproduce my work exactly.
He's up on the north side of the Big Island so it's a bit of a drive, but well worth it the beautiful results!
Paul is the printer that the legendary Hawaiian artist Herb Kawainui Kane uses, so I feel I could not be in better hands.

Got Pay PaL?
Send payment to my Pay Pal registered e-mail: [email protected]

If you don't have pay pal?
Personal Message or e-mail me your e-mail address and I'll invoice you via pay pal.
Pay Pal will walk you through how to pay. It's pretty easy.
OR
Send a check or money order (made out to Brad Parker) to:

Tiki Shark Hawaii
Atten: Brad Parker
75-5660 Kopiko Street
#C7-420
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740

Big Aloha from the Big Island!

B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:11 ]

Aloha tiki Tribe~

Diga Diga Doo art prints!

I always love this part... the signing and numbering of the first batch of prints!

Number 1... first person that Personal messages me / pay pals for it gets it!

Mahalo from the Big Island.
B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-03-26 19:52 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER!
NO SHIPPING COST TO those who are in LA!

I'm traveling off island - right now I'm in LA. I was here to see the opening night of Todd Schorr's art show at the Merry Karnowsky gallery - it was too awesome!
I also gotta go hang out with Little Lost Tiki and Big Toe today - waaaay fun. Thanks guys for a great day!

Anywho,
I have some "Diga Diga Doo" prints with me. If you live in the LA area, Personal Message me in the next day and I can get you a print sans the shipping cost from Hawaii! No shipping for those living in LA! But I leave Tuesday, so ya gotta act now.

Big Aloha!
Brad~

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
The artist Proofs are all gone.
However, for those hard core collectors, prints with very low numbers are avaliable. (ya know, like 9 outa 113)

"Diga Diga Doo"

(for Hawaii, the Mainland, North America)
Got Pay PaL?

Personal Message or e-mail me your e-mail address and I'll invoice you via pay pal.
OR

Tiki Shark Hawaii
75-5660 Kopiko Street
#C7-420

B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:13 ]

Happy (good) ALOHA FRIDAY Tiki Tribe!

Hey, "Diga Diga Doo" is getting some press!

Arts and Culture On Maui Magazine is doing an article on the "Re-imaging TIKI".

I was honored they asked to use a few of my paintings to help illustrate the piece. So, Diga Diga Doo will see print in that up coming issue. Now, I've heard claims that they have a print run of like 500,000 copies. ( I think it's an every-tourist-on-Maui-gets-one-copy kinda thing). I'm excited that so many people will see Diga Diga Doo... however, if you are seeking to buy a print near the lower numbers of the print run, maybe you should order one now in case 500,000 tourists go to my web site looking to buy it. (Who knows, could happen?!)

I have a new "SHOP" area up on my web site tikishark.com. You should be able to get to it from here:http://tikishark.com/prints/prints.html

I hope this is working right before the 500,000 tourists log on and crash my site. Help me beta test it, and let me know if this is not, (please).

You can find out more about Arts and Culture on Maui Magazine at: artsandcultureonmaui.com

B~

T

"You can find out more about Arts and Culture on Maui Magazine at: artsandcultureonmaui.com"

and if you Google it, it's http://www.artandcultureonmaui.com

Congrats to you Brad. That art is going to make the tiki art out there look really hot. Needs to be more good tiki art in Hawaii, it's Hawaii after all.

Hey Congrads to you Brad, I really like your work! And a little Hawaii- Tiki publicity is great..
Way to go bra!
Aloha's

teaKEY ~ Thanks buddy! Yes, sometimes it seems there's more tiki culture on the mainland. But I think we are definitely seeing more and more Tiki culture surge back here on the islands. The Thor Store in Waikiki. Revamp in the international marketplace - but didn't remove all the tikis (thank goodness!) The article features a new tiki themed bar on Maui named The South Shore Tiki Lounge. The magazine found them, then found out they had some of my art... one thing lead to another.
beachbumz~ Big Mahalo! Funny, I really didn't even know there was a Arts and Culture On Maui magazine till they contacted me. I do get over there once in a while. I can't wait to see how it all looks in print!

Diga Diga Doo hava' great Easter Week end!

B~

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

"Diga Diga Doo"
Why did I paint it?
So, if U wanna', you can listen to me talk to Koop Kooper on the Cocktail Nation pod cast about "Diga Diga Doo".

It's show 69 (!) "Diga Diga Doo". Check for it here:
http://cocktailnation.podomatic.com/

Or try here: (this site looks more swanky of U ask me.)
http://cocktailnation.net/

Mahalo~
B~

Aloha tiki Tribe~

"The Moon of Manakoora"

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:38 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:41 ]

Aloha tiki Tribe~

So I'm proud and excited that the painting "The Moon of Manakoora" will see print on a double page spread in "Art and Culture on Maui" magazine. Check them out here: http://www.artandcultureonmaui.com/

Here's how it'll look in the magazine. This issue isn't out yet. You can look for this in the next one. Their web site puts the entire magazine up on line for viewing.

And, now you can have this beautiful image to grace your swanky tiki pad too!

"The Moon of Manakoora"

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:39 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe Shoppers...

Okay, I think I drove my printer slightly crazy. I was checking the giclees, and I kept having him tweek the color a little. He does a amazing job, and always gets pretty much dead on exactly the color of the painting. However, I had him slightly alter this image till it really was as saturated and as beautiful as I wanted it. I couldn't actually compare it to the original, as that is in a private collection in So Cal. So, I went with what I wanted it to look like.
Anyways, the result is I have about 8 "Artist Proofs".
Probably no one could notice the difference in the images but an over obsessive artist like me.

Don't get me wrong, all these giclees came out beautiful. These are the same exact size and high quality paper as the run - only difference is they are not numbered but instead marked with "A / P" in the lower right hand corner. This makes them unique and more desirable to some collectors. (if your into the whole one of a kind print world thing)

Anyways - These are up for sale while they last. Same price as the regular print run. See above for details.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-04-23 18:34 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe Shoppers!

Five "Artist Proofs" left.

To order see pricing info on posting above, and personal message me.

Mahalo!

Aloha~

Only three "Artist Proofs" of " The Moon of Manakoora" left.
See above for ordering if ya' R interested.

Big Mahalo from da Big Island
B~

Aloha Tiki Tribe Shoppers~

Only two "Artist Proofs" left!!
Same price as the regular print run, but extra uniqueness for you hard-core collectors!

"The Moon of Manakoora"

113 - Signed and numbered
Reproduced on heavy "alure" paper.
Paper size: 16" x 20"

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:12 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe Shoppers~
"Artist Proofs" of "Tiki Cat"!
I'm starting the process of getting "Tiki Cat" made into an art print.

I explained this before in this thread, but I'll run over it again for anyone dropping in. After I have a painting scanned in, the printer runs off a test print. Or artist proof. I look at these and I have the printer adjust various things (contrast, color, hues) get it all looking exactly the way I want it, before we go into the actual run. In this case it will be a limited run of 113. All the prints will be signed and numbered, except the artist proofs. In place of a number is has "A /P" marked on it next to the signature. Hard core collectors favor these prints because they are more rare.

I have three artist proofs of Tiki Cat. Same price as the regular print run, but with that extra uniqueness for you hard-core collectors!

"Tiki Cat"

Got Pay PaL?

OR

Tiki Shark Hawaii
75-5660 Kopiko Street
#C7-420

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:35 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe Shoppers!
Only two artist proofs left of "Tiki Cat"!

You can see how close the giclees are to the original. Honu Editions does a really amazing job. (psst, that's the original on da' right!)

Here's the "A/P" mark, and my scrawled signature.
Like I described above, the true print run will be numbered. But these artist proofs are the same size and quality of paper. The changes I had the printer preform are, as I've been informed, unnoticeable to any one but me.

One last bit of info, I won't be getting to the print run until my printer gets back from his month long trip to Oahu. That's the down side of living in a small town on a remote island. There's one good art quality printer, and when he's gone, no prints happen.

Anyways, till then the artist proofs are up for grabs.

B~

Happy ALOHA Friday!

Still have three killer pints up for sale.

The Moon of Manakoora
artist proof

Diga Diga Doo

Tiki Cat
artist proof

(the Main land, North America)

Got Pay PaL?

OR

Tiki Shark Hawaii
75-5660 Kopiko Street
#C7-420

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:36 ]

T

On 2009-04-10 11:32, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Happy (good) ALOHA FRIDAY Tiki Tribe!

Hey, "Diga Diga Doo" is getting some press!

Arts and Culture On Maui Magazine is doing an article on the "Re-imaging TIKI".

IT'S HERE!!!!

Click on the link http://www.artandcultureonmaui.com
Article starting on page 14 :drink:

Aloha Tiki tribe Shoppers!
Swanky art prints available!

Diga Diga Doo

Moon of Manakoora

Tiki Cat

See above for pricing details, and Pay Pal, and all dat kine thing.

Big Mahalo, have a great weekend!
B~

T

I just had "The Moon of Manakoora A/P" framed and all I got to say is,you have to get this print.The colors are out of this world.Thanks for the print Brad....

Tiki Tim - Wow, that looks great! Thanks for posting that! Makes the hours of painting all worth it to see the art displayed so nicely.

Cant wait to get my artists proof in the mail!!!!!!

jpmartdog~ It's on da' way!

Whew! I was off line for a week. My computer went down, and there is no MAC store here in Kona. I had to send off island for a part. I was cut off from the Tiki Culture on da' net! Sheesh! So happy to back on line again!

ART PRINTS!

Diga Diga Doo

Moon of Manakoora

Tiki Cat

(For purchasing info kindly see above)

And if you are looking more for original art...

"Kon Tiki Dream"
Pencil and acrylic wash on water color paper. This is a study and will likely become a painting in the near future.

I take Pay Pal
Personal Message me if you like.

B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:38 ]

Another "Artist Proof" of Tiki Cat has found a home. So now there is only ONE "Artist Proof" left!

Tiki Cat

Plus $10 shipping and handling
(the Main land, North America)

Got Pay PaL?

OR

Tiki Shark Hawaii
75-5660 Kopiko Street
#C7-420

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:37 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
FREE GIVE AWAY!
On the next pod cast of "The Cocktail Nation" I will be giving away the last "Artist Proof" of...

"The Moon of Manakoora"
Very Limited Edition Giclee Art Prints of which this is the LAST Artist Proof!

Go to http://www.cocktailnation.net and listen for my interview on the next pod cast, and find out how to win!

Good Luck!
B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 03:33 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies