Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker New Art Print!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies

Tikiracer~ Thanks so much! It should be out in November/December.

But, I know the local book store here didn't get a copy till last month though. Mostly I think due to us being 'out of the way' and a small town. You've seen the book on your island, right?

Hey, remember folks,

Get your woodcut prints now!
Get while you can still smell the press ink!
Low numbers going fast!

Have a great week end!
Aloha~

Here's a reminder on the Auction on the Swanky print~ it's over tomorrow!

Check it out here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170201671789&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Aloha!

Original art
Ink and Pencil study for a painting I'm working on.
9" x 12"
$30.00
Plus $5 for shipping.

Send me a PM, if your interested.
Mahalo~

Brad

The ink study has sold. Thanks for your interest eveyone!
I'll get another one completed and up in the market this coming week.

Mahalo~

"Pig Rider"

9" x 12"

Ink and acrylic on paper

$100 plus $5 shipping.

Paypal, or what have you.

Mahalo~

:D SQuuueeeeeeL! :D

Aloha~

"Forbidden Island"
9" x 12"

wood cut print.
Carved by (the some what infamous) Earl Washington from one of my designs.
Hand tinted by me.
un-numbered, marked as an "artist's proof"
This one's signed by me (but not by Earl)
This is only one of the four prints out of this very small (and experimental) print run that I have left

Earl and I didn't know each other when he carved this wood cut. He did it with out getting my okay. We met after I was notified of him creating this wood cut. We hit it off, and are now working together "officially". But this is our first "unofficial" collaboration print. And, so far, this ios the first and only print I've hand tinted.

$75.00

plus $5 for shipping.

Aloha~

Tiki Shark

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-05-08 01:52 ]

K
Kahu posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 1:55 PM

WOW Brad! That is a sweet looking print/woodcut. These are going to be a big hit. Look forward to seeing more with this look! And getting my hands on one of the future ones.

Thanks Kahu, I'm really happy with the look.
I wish there had been more of the run of "Forbidden Island" now.
I think next I'm gonna try hand tinting one of the "Waikiki Mystery" prints.

Congratulations Brad! Well Done!

A link to your name in the book:
http://www.spectrumfantasticart.com/full_content.php?article_id=756&full=yes&pbr=1

Thanks so much Sneakytiki!

I had my printer burn the winning image on a disk, and I sent to out to SPECTRUM just a few days ago.

"Forbidden Island"

Now, if they chose to reproduce it nice and big, or as a postage stamp remains to be seen. We'll half to wait till the book comes out next November. but, it's still great fun to have gotten in!

Aloha~

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Hey my web sit is going to be mentioned in the next pod-sode of Cock Tail Nation! I've been busy up dating the products area, and gallery and prints sections. Not sure I'll get the links up dated in time.

The pod cast should hit today or Friday. Check it out...

http://cocktailnation.podomatic.com

Mahalo~

Happy Aloha Friday~
I have 5 of the "Artist's proofs" available for sale.

Midnight Tiki

"artist proofs" on 12" x 15" newsprint
signed by me (the artist) and Earl (the engraver)
and numbered
only 13 A.P.s were made.
#3, #5, #7, #9, and #11 are avaliable.

The regular print run will be on a different paper, with a few alterations.

PayPal and check~
Aloha!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

http://www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php
Proud Sponcer of The Cocktail Nation
http://www.cocktailnation.net

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:07 ]

H
harro posted on Fri, May 23, 2008 3:51 PM

Cool!!

This one and the Waikiki Mystery make a great pair. Are there any more planned in this style/series?

Cheers,
harro.

harro~
Thanks. Yes, I'm planing 13 in this series.

On 2008-05-23 17:20, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
harro~
Thanks. Yes, I'm planing 13 in this series.

holy shit !!...better start savin' your pennies now!!

ALOHA FRIDAY PARKER-ART SPECIAL

Here's my (not even close to being weekly) ALOHA FRIDAY art offering.
This Aloha Friday it's the second wood cut print. I just got them in this week, and will be signing and numbering them all. Like the previous wood cut print it's a limited edition, the design was from a ink drawing of mine, and the print is from a hand carved wood block print by Earl Washington. Earl prints each by hand on a very very old printing press.

"Midnight Tiki"

$35
plus $5 shipping

I take pay pal

Signed and numbered by the artist
Signed by the engraver
image size 7 1/2 " x 9"
Paper size 9' x 12"

I decreased my price on this print for Tiki Central only. It will be more else where.

The shot above doesn't show my signature or any numbering, as I have not done it yet. Earl said the run was about 170, he thinks. He had to stop in mid run and re-carve some details on the girl as the press was degrading the wood block.

Have great week end!

Mahalo~

Tiki Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-06-06 16:54 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, Jun 6, 2008 7:00 PM

GIMME!!!

I really like this last one. How do I go about getting one?

Squidy ~ Ugottit!
Blindy ~ Thanks, I really like how these came out too. Personal message me and we'll do the paypal thing.

Here's the last print signed.

Well I just got done signing and numbering them all. Final count is 183 prints. I'm sending Earl's half (all the even numbered prints) out to him tomorrow, as well as the ones some folks snatched up. But there's still plenty. If you want one, Personal Message me, and we'll do Pay Pal, then I'll send it out Priority Mail, with a delivery confirmation. Haven't lost one yet.

Right now my signing hand is aching and my head feels funny from all the fresh ink fumes off these prints!

Mahalo~

Yes, it's ALOHA FRIDAY!

This is like a Aloha Friday "BUMP-orooney"!

Time for some art being offered up. Well, I've been busy shipping up the new wood cut so not much new art time this week... and I'm really happy with print number 2. Very jazzed with how this one came out.

Got a great idea for number four, which I'm sketching up this week end. Earl is carving number 3 now. We're keeping them "black ink only" for now. and not going to introduce color into the prints till after the "Noir" series is finished. They just look too cool as they are now... and the look really lends itself to not having color added in. Color plates may be the next series.

So, still got plenty of "#2" to those wanting this piece of the "Tiki Noir" mystery.

"Midnight Tiki"
Wood cut Print.
9" x 12"

Signed and numbered by the artist
and by the engraver

Run of 183

Print number 2 in the mysterious "Tiki Noir" series.

$35
plus $5 shipping

I take pay pal

Personal Message me for your piece of the plot...

Aloha~

Happy Aloha Friday!
Here's this Aloha Friday's art up for sale.

Right out of the portfolio.... and the "Tiki Noir" print series...

"Fern Twilight"
Pen, brush and ink on 100 lb Bristol.
Paper size - 11" x 14"
image size - 8.5" x 11.5"
$100.00
$10.00 shipping and handling

This is the illustration that is the basis for wood cut number 3 in the "Tiki Noir" print series. #3 is still being carved, and the prints will be out before the end of July. Have the mysterious stranger lurking in your tiki bar, - you can have the original, while your friends all just have the print!

Pay Pal

Mahalo

Jeez, that is dang nice! I'm a gonna git me one of those...orig or print...hmmm

GO GO GADJET!
they just keep gettin better!

ALOHA~
Bigbrotiki~ Thanks! That's nice hearing such comments from you! Feel's sort of like I got the Official Silver Age Of Tiki Stamp of Approval! Hey, if you're really interested, maybe we can do a swap. An autographed hard cover copy of a certain book for some art? Hmmmm....
LLT ~ HA! I totally get you! Zipfizz and Redbull! Speaking of Gadget, Get Smart jus came out here on da island. Thinking of catching a matinee. (if it's not too nice at the beach).

Okay Tiki Tribe folks, here's the run down on the "Tiki Noir" wood cut print run ... so far...

Print 0 "Forbidden Island"
SOLD OUT

Print 1, "Waikiki Mystery"
Still Got.

Print 2, "Tiki Midnight"
Still Got.

Print 3. "Fern Twilight".
Prints are not done yet. ETA before end of July, maybe sooner.
This is the original art up for sale. (see above please)

And.... I just finished the pencil of Wood cut design number 4 last night. No title yet. Should be inking it this week end. I'll post in progress pics over on my tiki art in progress thread.If you're interested, just Personal Message me.

Have a great week end, and Mahalo!

These wood block prints, especially the last one, remind me very much of some of the work of Armstrong Sperry, adventure story illustrator and writer in the first half of the 20th Century. Here is a 1933 bio:

ARMSTRONG SPERRY. He happens to be numbered among our artists this month but you will remember in our June issue he was both artist and author of the story South Sea Adventure. He has lived in the South Sea Islands and knows intimately the background of these romantic places. He was born in Connecticut but his grandfathers were New England sea captains and from them he inherited a desire to roam. After he had become a successful commercial artist and illustrator in New York City, he suddenly packed his trunk and sailed for Tahiti. From there he took a small schooner and headed for Bora Bora, where he lived for six months, learning native songs and eating such native foods as breadfruit, baked fish, oranges, papayas, and coconuts. A charming book telling of a day in the life of a small South Sea island boy, written and illustrated by Mr. Sperry, has just been published.

I culled this bio from his granddaughter's website, which has some great info and links, but is unfortunately a little rambling.
http://www.ogram.org/sperry/index.shtml

I really wanted to use two illustrations from Sperry's greatest success, the 1941 "Call It Courage" in my new book Tiki Modern:

This one:

..and this one:

These two are among the most evocative Tiki images I have seen from that period. Unfortunately, the publisher who holds the rights to Call It Courage wanted to much money for them, thus preventing them to be seen by a new generation of Polynesiacs.

Here are two more small idols from the book that show he knew his stuff:

I am glad that an artist today can capture that style, and am looking forward to have "Fern Twilight" up on my wall. :)

Bigbrotiki~
Thank you for posting this exciting work. I'm thrilled to be a part of Tiki culture, and love discovering gems such as you've displayed here. It's like being an explorer and following the tracks of those who've forged through the exotic jungle isles before us. I'll hunt up more of his work. Their powerful images will fuel my next pieces, to be sure! Ah, the depth of that second scene...

I just posted the pencil of Wood cut number four over in "other crafts".

Your tiki art will be on it's way to you early this coming week.

Big Mahalo~

Just got Midnight Tiki back from the framer. Thought about framing it myself, but decided that such a great pic deserved a professional job.

Turned out even better than I thought.

Everyone who has seen it has complemented it.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 12:51 PM

Complimented (with an I)---spelling Police.

ALOHA~

Blindy the Pirate, I am very complemented and Complimented (GROG!) and darned honored that you took the time and coconuts to frame the wood cut you got. It really looks nice. (I do love the large dark bamboo - I have print #1 of "the Sunken Tiki" framed with it.) But, wait a minute, how "blindy of a Pirate" can u be if your lookin at art? Anyways, thanks so much for posting that photo. It made my day. (and right now I'm struggling through some artist's block, so anything to brighten my day will help!)

So, on to business... it's the ALOHA FRIDAY art sale!

Speaking of "Wood Cuts" today we offer up the Original Ink illustration for Wood cut Number Four in the "Tiki Noir" series.

"Spirited Away"
Ink pen and brush illustration
9" x 12" image on 11" x 14" 100 lb bristol vellum.
$200.00
Yep, only 200 coconuts. It took longer to work out and finish than any of the other wood cut images (so far). I figured if it was sold in a gallery show, they'd take about 50%, thus selling it at something like $400. So here it is with out the Gallery mark up. I was thinking of saving it for the Tiki Magazine art show in November, but, thought I'd offer it here instead.
Tiki Central is the forum right now that's the conduit for the creation and sale of the Tiki Noir wood cut series, and I thought the originals should be offered here too. Makes for good juju. And this image seems to be all about the juju!

(And yes, GROG, I took you advise and used your title idea. Thanks! But, no, it's not going to get you a free original so stop thinking about it!)

And yes, that IS a smudge. I did it. I nearly dumped an bottle of ink over on the completed illustration. I was laying a third coating of ink on the drawing to give it a deep saturated black, and my brush tipped the bottle. I caught it befroe it went over, but the brush hit the board. E-Gods! (I've done that once before - covered a drawing with ink - long ago.) So, I WAS going to offer it up for sale at $250.00, but after that I thought, okay... $200. I also thought I should sell it now and get it out of my studio before I do anything else to accidentally destroy it!

Here's a closer look at the owl aumakua.

Here's a closer look at the fishing hook. (So far, no one's explained the meaning of that mysterious item. Well? GROG?)

I will ship any where in North America for $15. US Mail, with insurance. Else where, I will also ship, but it will be a bit more - I'll find out and let you know.

I take Paypal.

Mahalo~

Aloha Tiki Tribe art lovers,

Thank you all fer looking. A buyer has slapped down the banana skins, and "Spirited Away" has been ... spirited away!

Mahalo~

So is the fishing hook an original Paipo piece or is it a City Buddha knock-off?

The glowing Tiki scene reminds me of this classic:

Blindy the Pirate ~ It's a Paipo interpretation of "Maui's" Magic fish hook, no doubt! :)
Bigbrotiki ~ Hmmmm. Now, I love me my old horror shows, but I'm drawing a bit of a blank on that shot. An "Outer Limits" episode? Don't tell me, give me a hint.

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Waikiki Mystery
Illustration and hand tinting by da artist (Brad Parker)
Wood Cut hand carved and printed by Earl Washington
9" x 12"

$40
Plus $5 Shipping

I take Paypal

Personal Message me if you are interested.
Aloha~

Tiki Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-08-24 16:05 ]

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2008-08-24 20:57 ]

Happy "ALOHA FRIDAY"!

Here's today's art for sale:

"Waikiki Mystery"
Wood Cut print
9" x 12"
Signed, numbered and hand tinted.

I take pay pal.
Send me a personal message for pay pal details.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-10-06 02:09 ]

Aloha from the volcanic Big Island of Hawaii!

This morning (Hawaii time) I offer up the Original Ink illustration for Wood cut Number two in the "Tiki Noir" series.

"Tiki Midnight "
Ink pen and brush illustration
9" x 12" image on 11" x 14" 100 lb bristol vellum.
$200.00
Yep, again only 200 coconuts. Not offered in any gallery, only here on TC.
Tiki Central is the forum that's the conduit for the creation and sale of the Tiki Noir wood cut series, and I thought the originals should be offered here too. Makes for good tiki juju.

This piece was originally going to my engraver, however some unexpected moving expenses have made it impossible for him to buy art at this moment. So, I offer it here.

This is a very popular image - it's not only wood print number two, it is also a "Body Glove" Beach Towel!

It's in production currently and will be on the beaches next about spring/summer. Here's your chance to own the original.

I will ship any where in North America for $15. US Mail, with insurance. Else where, I will also ship, but it will be a bit more - I'll find out and let you know.

I take Paypal. If you are interested send me a personal message. First come first served.

Mahalo ~

Just sent you payment for your "Aloha Friday" special, THANKS!

Do you have a source for us to buy your "Body Glove" towels? I do some graphics for Body Glove cruises over there on the Big Island. I wonder if I can get one from them.

I have never seen them available on Maui anywhere.

Maui tiki~

thanks for the paypal!

Hey so you Maggie at Body Glove? We've been on here snorkel cruise about once a month sincve we got here! Fun stuff.

Body Glove cruises has the jacquard "Tiki" towel:

Shes' the only sourse for them now. They've sold out everywhere else.

The new printed towels are only in the prototype stage, and will be out next summer - if all goes well in production.

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Here's today "Aloha Friday" art sale!

"Tiki Midnight"
Wood cut - signed and numbered - Hand tinted
9" x 12"

Yep, I finally got around to hand tinting my best seller.

$30
plus $5 for shipping to north America. If you live elsewheres it'll cost a bit more.

I take pay pal.

Personal message me, and I'll give you the pay pal info.

Happy Aloha Friday!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Here's a better scan.

Tiki Midnight.
Hand tinted, wood cut print.

Mahalo!

Just placed my Order for my Tiki towel after looking for months!! Amie was more than happy to ship to the Uk so anyone in the uk that wants one drop them a line; $18 plus shipping Bargin.

Thanks TikiShark and Amie @ BodyGlove

Beautiful hand-tinting job Brad!
Realy enhances the graphic lines...
You are a MASTER!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Tonmawrtiki ~ Wow, I'm so glad Body Glove was able to full fill your request and ship towels overseas for you. Amie is really great, and the Body Glove crew hangs at Bongo Ben's topical bar just down the street from me after work, so I'll swing over and buy her a mai tai for being of service to you. Cheers!

Anyone else looking to purchase one of the last remaining Body Glove "TIKI" beach towels, please contact:
Body Glove Cruises
tel,808-989-7122
fax 808-326-7123
Kanoa Inc
PO Box 4523
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96745

Other stuffs...

Check out the color variations on the hand tinted wood cut prints I've been having fun with...

Here's a print leaning towards a more Pele red.

I had a special request for a "Jungle Green" version. I wasn't sure It was
going to look right. But I was quite happy with it. What do you think?

So, hand tinted wood cuts are still
$30.00
Plus $5 shipping to the mainland.
Over seas can be a bit more (as my friend in Singapore knows).

Personal message me if your are interested.

Mahalo from the Big Island!
B~

now there's a print i can get into! :) hand made by a great tc artist and very reasonably priced. beautiful work, brad. who needs that shag guy? :)

Your Man in Singapore sure luuuuuurves the Jungle Green! :wink:

And it's definitely going up the wall! :wink: :wink:

[ Edited by: QuietVillage 2008-10-18 05:43 ]

Green is it!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 369 replies