Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 226 replies

H

On 2007-09-05 21:32, RevBambooBen wrote:
If none of you others don't go there, and, keep bashing their NEW ways to survive, then we will have nothing.

You don't want us O.C Tiki Freaks to have nothing!!!

If we have nothing....we're gonna take it out on all of you!!

Yes, everybody, PLEASE patronize Sam's. Let's do whatever it takes to keep the O.C Tiki Freaks in O.C. .

(BTW, why on Hanford's earth is "Tiki" flagged as mispelled when I do a spell check?)

September 11th.....Bump!

September 11th! Never Forget! :D

Crap.

I'll be working in LA this Tues.

Then the South Bay next.

Then the Desert after that.

Then up north, for a while.

Last Tues., was nice. Glad we got to hang.

See Y'All in a few months!

Mmmm. Spam!

TL

Teee-Keee Toooz-Dayyy!!!
:tiki:
Teee-Keee Toooz-Dayyy!!!
Teee-Keee Toooz-Dayyy!!!
Teee-Keee Toooz-Dayyy!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[ Edited by: Tiki Lion 2007-09-09 00:57 ]

TL

Hey Gang!

This just in:
A generous offer from Sam and Samantha (which I won't quote here, as I don't want to sandbag 'em):

Tiki Lion will be paddling his outrigger into Sam's parking lot tomorrow (Tuesday 9/11/07) between 7 and 7:15 PM;
Find me and introduce yourself before 7:15 for a special treat from our gracious hosts!
I'll be toward the back of the bar, wearing my woven pith-style hat (and probably civilian clothes otherwise).

Let's show the Sam's that we appreciate a good time when someone wants to set it up for us!

Teee-Keee Toooz-Dayyy!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OK I really am coming to Sam's on the 11th! so be there! lol...

On 2007-09-11 00:46, Hiphipahula wrote:
OK I really am coming to Sam's on the 11th! so be there! lol...

See you there!

Roll call Bump! Traffic or not!

What better way to Celebrate 9-11 than a couple of drinks at a Seafood Sams?! :D
crazy.....

Right on Brah! Bump! I'm leavin' the house now!

I'll be there around 8

preview babytang too!

Crap im out this week I have my Pool insurance meetin at 6 30 , just read the post eveyones goin next week for sure Hava Cold one for Me ,

Rumor has it..... The Mai Tai's are going to be Tiki-rrifc Tonight :) Can't wait to hear the review of the night from SoccerTiki.

The Mai Ties rock for me there not too strong and too rummy ,cause when ur drivin from pasadena freeways ect ect if I get pulled over and they smell rumm on me im busted so for me there just right , a bit tippsy but not too much . Hope to see everyone there next week , Stupid Pool insurance meeting .

TL

To All and Sundry present at Sam's last evening, to wit: SoccerTiki, Hiphipahula, GoTiki & co., Polynesiac & co. (with babytang too!), Lentiki & co. (co's please PM me with your TC names and I'll edit 'em in - please accept my apologies for my bad listening!):
A cool and gentle time was had with Mai Tai's (and other refreshments), Musubi Roll, Calamari, Ribs, Ceviche (and various other delectable nibbles), with the accompaniment of the incomparable Palika and his one-Ukulele orchestra (himself), presided by our gracious host (to quote the late, great Ed Sullivan) "the lovely and most talented" Demi, and followed by a tour of the Great & Tiki Vastness that is the rest of Sam's fine emporium.

For those of you that speak English instead of BS:
Hey gang, it was good to see an even 10 of us there last evening for groovy drinks & pupu's, the ever-cool Palika, in the presence of friendly hosts, in the Temple to Tikiness that is Sam's Seafood Restaurant.

A special thanks to Sam & Samantha for your partial sponsorship out of appreciation for our enjoying your place!

We'll be back...

It was nice hanging in the bar at SAM'S last night. GOGO, great mug! It's gonna look great next to your other one I have!!! I hope your birthday was a good one! Polynesiac, awesome piece your working on! Please reserve one for me! Lion, thanks for the food and grog. HipHipHula, thanks for the great conversation! You get the award for the farthest drive!!! (Lancaster!?!) Pat set the atmosphere with his Hawaiian melodies...It makes you feel like you're not in SoCal anymore!

And thanks Demi for Tiki Tuesdays!!!! 1/2 price grind(pupus) and $5 Tai's!!!

Bump Great 1/2 price pupus in a bar full of bamboo and tikis with live Hawaiian music from a live Hawaiian! Escape to the last "tiki temple" in the O.C.
Maybe you'll get to sneak a peek at the Hidden Village! 7ish?

I want to try the ribs, and the ceviche, and the... yum!

(I'm OOC tomorrow; next week 09/25/07 mo betta. Keep the place a-hoppin' while I'm gone!)

OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE COOLEST MOST CURRENT TOPIC EVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!! I HOPE IT NEVER GOES AWAAAAAAAY!

TGITT!! (Thank God it's Tiki Tuesday!! :) )

Always "TIME" for a little sarcasm!

O

So, tell me again, who is Andy Landry?

Are you ready for some Mai Tai's?? SoccerTiki and I hope to see everyone at Sam's Tuesday Night :)

TL

Ev'ybody have a blast tomorrow for

Tiki Tuesday at Sam's!!!

Unfortunately my back is killing me and I can barely walk, so I'm aiming to get out as far as to pick up the mail and call it quits for the day.

I'll miss ya, and look forward to

Tiki Tuesday at Sam's!!!

as soon as my disks get their acts back together.

I'm so happy to hear that Sam's will have Tiki Tuesdays this week and forward.
I was beginning to worry that my girlfriend and I would miss the event because we will be down not this week, but next week. Alas, all is well!

On 2007-09-18 07:29, WooHooWahine wrote:

WOOHOO! TGITT!!

Tomorrow is Tuesday already! Time for some 1/2 price pupus and $5 Mai-Tai's! I've heard from 5 or 6 TC'ers that plan on stopping bye. I'll be there around 7pm....

WoooooHooooOOOOooooooooo!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-10-01 20:50 ]

Sorry but...............

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25729&forum=17&3

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!

....a pirates life for.........

IN - we'll see ya 'round 8:00, ST!

last one for me for a while!

Rox and I will be there. Our first visit to the new Sam's...

On 2007-09-25 07:10, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2007-09-18 07:29, WooHooWahine wrote:

WOOHOO! TGITT!!

WooHooo! TGITT once again :)

Last night was a good night to be at SAM'S....I have a little contest for the first person to tell me who these shoes and socks belong to.....

I'll buy the winner and his/her companion a couple Mai-Tai's at SAM's on a Tiki Tuesday in the month of October...

Here is the clue...(Anyone at SAM'S last night is inelligible!)

Them's Polynesiac's shoes and socks! :D
Did i win? :D

Is it Bong?????

T

Hi
We are hopefully going to be at Sam's on Tuesday 23rd October, as this is our last night of our vacation and are trying to sort out about making this a great last night, so is anybody else up for meeting us there before we fly home to England? Let us know.
Thanks.
Sue and Dave.

Bill Tapia! Those are Bill Tapia's shoes!

On 2007-10-03 09:59, little lost tiki wrote:
Bill Tapia! Those are Bill Tapia's shoes!

Yes LLT, they are! Those are Bill Tapia's shoes and socks. You Win!!! Now you just have to bring your better half down to SAM'S on Tuesday night for some free Mai-Tai's!!! Courtesy of SoccerTiki****

Pat and Bill played old (and newer) Hawaiian songs all night long! The place was standing room only (maybe a seat or two at the most!)

Great atmosphere for hanging out with friends on a Tuesday. And great 1/2 price food too!

Thanks Soccertiki!
I'll probably opt for soda pops instead,seeing as it's a School Night for me....
Hey! I thought i was the better half! :D
Bill Tapia and Pat playing together must've been the SHIZZLE!
Last time i heard them play together was at the the Catalina Fish Kitchen gig where Bill played that beautiful duet of "Crazy" with Bong's kid! And Al showed up in the Christmas outfit! and Squidley made his "drum faces"! hahaha!
Thanks again Sir! :D

Courtesy of SoccerTiki

Friggin Classy! Like those announcers on the old game shows! :lol:

Great night to be at sam's!!!! I was stoked when I walked in and saw Mr. Tapia!!!!

NIce to see ya soccer, who else was there???? did any of them show?

them's polynesiac's shoes??? - I'll tell ya, LLT - I don't have such a cool style as Mr. Tapia! but thanks for the comps!!!!

wow, that's amazing. I didn't recognize the shoes and I was there. Nice show tho. No fights this time.

ROLL CALL ! who's coming out on Tues. the 9th. I'm going to try to make it, it's a Long drive, so I'm hoppin' for good numbers.

Just got on my Surfboard and am thinkin about pedeling out there this week , Ken u Goin .

I'll be there around 7 ish.

I will be there around 7 too.
my B-day is Wed, but am going to Tiki Ti that night so My sister wants to take me out, and I said Sam's would be good.

see ya'll there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

GT

Dani and I will try to make it, I've been getting kicked one by a cold, So hopefully I'll feel better, Sam's and seeing fellow TC'ers is a good time! Gogo

yep I have had that cold too... gettin better though... see ya at Sams!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 226 replies