Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tikiana Art by BigToe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2008 8:21 PM

Is that Fireball Island, the greatest board game ever created?!

awesome stuff big toe! i still need you to sign my print of all of the mainlanders art show artists as tikis

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 9:22 AM

TeaKey, that is SICK...i've never seen that...but i feel a painting coming on!

tiki thomas, oh hail yes.

Toe-bone

RH

I love your stuff: very unique mugs, the album covers are cool and refreshingly different, and the green women are awesome.

B

so this is my little wall-hanger tiki, knocked out of an old chuck o' driftwood from Rincon. roughed out with hand-chisels and an old buffalo-skinner jack-knife and finished with a dremel. I threw a mahogany stain on to give it a more witco feel.

MR

BADASS!!!!
I dig how you really keep things very within your style.

M
mieko posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2008 10:33 PM

Sweet! You gotta come down and carve with us sometime!!!

S
squid posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2008 11:01 PM

On 2008-07-01 13:45, BigToe wrote:
Ok, so this is only marginally 'tiki', but i enjoyed it...

these are front and back illustrations for an album cover for the phenom Santa Barbara punk-rock ensemble SILENT MEOW. They sound to me like a cross between Blondie and the Horror Pops.

Big Mahalos to Squid for hte introduction. Go to http//:www.myspace.com/silentmeow to hear some tunage.

front, aka "Discovery":

back cover, aka: "Dinner Guests":

I just got an email from Mark and Silvie of Silent Meow and they are STOKED! The Toe strikes again!

Hey hey Toe,

You got it all down in spades... love the work man. Dig the "foundling' driftwood tiki. It was great to have met yourself, Doug and Derrick at Tikiville here in PS a few months back. Hope to cross paths again real soon :wink:

T

Hey Big Toe!
Saw your amazing Zombie Tiki on Page 7 of the new issue of Tiki Magazine! Totally Awesome!!
The Silent Meow stuff is killer!
And of course, you totally rock!

B

Some of the tasty swag i will have on display in Ghouligan's Hut at Tiki Oasis!!

I just picked up a LIMTED QUANTITY of fancy-pants giclee prints of my "Zombie Tiki" (as seen in Tiki Magazine)

will try to add more shots before i head down.

[ Edited by: BigToe 2008-08-13 16:47 ]

[ Edited by: BigToe 2008-08-13 16:49 ]

B

hey kids,

my groovy little 5 X 7" painting, "Easter Island Xtasy", is still available for the tasty low price of $125, with proceeds going to a good cause:

check out the auction here:

http://www.distinctionart.com/current.php?show=2&set=6

(mine is the middle top thumbnail image)

mahalos for looking!!

bT

update: the painting sold, so MAhalos!!!!

[ Edited by: BigToe 2008-09-18 17:23 ]

Killer work. I hope to meet you this weekend at Oasis. I'll be the drunk guy with a flower shirt on.

Doood I totally dig on your work!! Chicks, Monsters, and Tiki's. Everything that I love!! Keep up the excellent work.

Nice full pager in Tiki MAG!
Now you're offically SWANKY!
The colors are soo intense! Just in time for the Zombie Tiki Oasis!

B

MAhalos Aloha Station, Senor Spermy and Tiki Shark!

if you live in So Cal, you MUST head down to the Tiki Magazine art show at Planet Rooth Gallery. The gallery is in the North-Park area of San Diego. the show is SICK...really amazing array of talent assembled.

here are the paintings i have in the show. Now go buy one to replace that tawdry Ruzic painting in your tiki bar!!!!

for images of the show, check my show gallery:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2266675&MyToken=6128e28a-847b-4f8b-a482-fcbdfe020fbb

On 2008-09-18 17:30, BigToe wrote:
here are the paintings i have in the show.
Now go buy one to replace that tawdry Ruzic painting in your tiki bar!!!!

tawdry?
since when did you learn all these fancy big words,smarty boy?

tawdry....
did you even use that in the right context?
:lol:
great batch at the tikimag show!
those 4 have an agitational animated kind of lighting..
almost like they're powered by the force and contrast of the lighting....
love the texture and flowers/leaves on the big one!
Noice!
Very tawdry.....
eh.

B

thanks kinneth, and the exquisite tawdriness of ur art is just the thing i aspire to!

I thought it was "meth addled".

The full-pager is awesome - it's an ad, but it includes it's page number! I like that your style is absolutely unmistakeable... that's RARE and then some. The way you do wahini really stands out. You must like-a da ladees.

B

Your work is awesome, SeƱor Toe! Dig the ladies!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 22, 2008 2:37 AM

Just saw that your stuff is down here in Aussie land, in Kustom Lane - koooool :D

B

Very Shiny! :)

Really, I'm stoked over your new stuff Master Toe. Your cutting trails brother!

B

thanks all!!!!

and yes, i do like shiny.

B

sumfin new...

this is a recycling bin i carved and painted for a Redbull charity auction tour. i will post the tour info when i get it.

this is a carved and painted bowling pin for the Bowl-o-rama art show that opens this weekend at the Crybaby Gallery in (greetings from) Asbury Park, NJ...this will be the first exhibition of my art in the "Garden State".

show info:

saw the bowling pin in person...
someone's gonna pick that up and bring it home!
Joisey!!!
and the trashcan is waaay cool!
the four eyes and the ledge and the butt make it!
send that tiki to a dentist!
you're one motivated kook!
If they don't sell it
you can store all your paintings in it! :lol:
tawdry AND sticky!

B

thanks brother. the funny thing is that f-ing bin IS sticky...for some reason that G.D. "Varithane" spray-varnish was still tacky when i dropped it off after 4 hours drying...TAWDRY is great, but i do NOT like sticky art!

Maha to the Lo, t

B

Master Toe...you are just plain mowing down the house with these new works! I just love, LOVE the use of found objects in art works. That is totally one big ass trash can that I would be proud to park in the center of my living room...I would even install special lighting for it!

Congrats on the NJ Show...The East Coast will never be the same again...A tropical storm is rolling in.

....it's sticky on your brain kinda' art... yeah... heh heh heh (cough-cough)... yeah sticky on the brain!

B

Man I've been seeying your stuf around and it is Incredible! Like this can:

If I were to use something like that my recycle guys would Never come down MY Street again! COOL I WANT one :P
Also tell us about your DINGS and what other images are available they are Definitely a Must Have Thing!

Toe- Between the recyling can and the bowling pins, I don't know what part of your brain comes up with this stuff, but don't stop! Great talking to you at Oasis- keep showing those "knuckleheads" where it's at!

Waste cans and bowling pins... YEAH!

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 1:35 PM

Thanks all!!!

Mr. Benzart, the Dings are printed covers for your hand-helds, etc. they are really cool, but a little pricey at $15...but i guess that's cheap considering how long it would take to make one.

In case anyone is interested...at the moment, i am heavy into HALLOWEEN mode, with a half-dozen group shows coming up, so tiki is taking a back burner...well except for the TIKI MERCH i am working on with TIKI FARM and ODD RODNEY. Well back to Pirates, Zombies and Muertos!!!

alohas, bT

What a Pumpkinhead!

Hey Dummy!
When you gonna share that zombie pirategirl piece you just finished?
She needs to be shown...HERE!
TODAY!
NOW!
:)

B

Well, it's not my art, but i am so geeked that i am posting here. this PNG Paddle-head black velvet was painted for my by the brilliant Robb Hamell.

and here it is in context above an old Matson-line menu.

that is a frame i had laying around. when i have time, i am gonna put it in a better custom double-frame.

in exchange i am working on a zombie island girl on driftwood.

MAD MAhalos Robb!!!!!

What about that zombie pirate girl????
don't be so stingy and scurilous!

BT

Awesome work.

Those first two paintings blow my mind.

Would love to have one in the 1920x1200 pixel size for my desktop :D

please please

B

OK, so i call this a Clysdalle-style tiki painting....because it's got nuthin' to do with tiki.

but pursuant to Mr. LLT's request, here is a couple shots of "Tell No Tails":

B

Green Women are sooo hot!!

The Toe smacks one over the left field fence!

Friggin Choice!

Now that is a Clysdale tribute tiki painting if I ever saw one!!!!!

T

Excuse me while I pick my chin up off the floor here. Wow....just....WOW.

Yep, I'd say that is freaking gorgeous! Big Toe takes it a step higher! Wow!

I love "Tell No Tails," nice, loose brushwork... I've never been able do that.

T

Wow, Big Toe!
That's the HOTTEST green pirate woman I've ever seen! And that's saying a lot fer me, and not because I'm an expert on green pirate women! AMAZING!

Didja all notice the tentacle in the left hand side of the painting?
I didn't either til BigToad pointed it...
Go back and cheggitout!
The green pirate chick needs more
than a once-over!
Great work,doosh!
:lol:

Love the Black Widow Hourglass and the other hourglASS too, it looks like all the sand is in the TOP at the moment.
Beauty!

ST

J

These are fun. Great draftsmanship, too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies