Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tikiana Art by BigToe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies

Congrats on the much deserved exposure Massive Toe ... I mean Big Toe.

B

I still think that that garbage bin you painted up is just the cat's meow!! Congrats TOE.... you da boss!

Dats soooooo cool! U is raved about in two languages at once!
A beeeee-utifull spread, with great color reproductions of your stuff.
I'm jealous!
I'm also so very touched I made it into your swanky word search puzzle in Tiki Magazine! I ran around all day showing every body that!
U Da BESST!
B~

B

MAhalos fellas!!!!!

looking forward to moustache kisses in San Diego!

Uncle Toesy

GOD DAMM!!just what I need more car mags :D
Cheers Watango

Congrats on that Big Toe! Great to see your cool stuff in another mag!

T

AHA. So I guess I have to buy that issue now. That is going to bee easy.
Congrats, Tom.

S
squid posted on Wed, Aug 19, 2009 6:19 PM

Let's see what happens when we ask Uncle Toesy to deface some innocent thrift store paint-by-number piece for Pappy Haggler's.

Sorry I don't have a before shot but trust me, it wasn't ANYTHING like this molested version. Not for sale. I bought it!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks Mr Toe!!!!!!!!

Dude that thing is beyond F'ed up. Look at a the pigs face!!!! I am so jelous!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 23, 2009 9:00 PM

hes got to left feet..ha!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 24, 2009 9:38 AM

This painting is f'kin classic, man!

I laughed out loud when I saw this up-close in-person at TO.

I told Dave how jealous I was that HE had it in his possession.

I expressed to BigT that he captured (in my mind) the essence of my favorite goony art of my 60s childhood.

A future holy-grail after we're all dead and buried. God Bless all artists!

B

thanks boys!

T

Saw some art on the new Media Cove video with the double headed Moai Kava Man. Nice. Either you didn't post that one, its not yours, or I missed it with it was posted.

B

On 2009-08-24 10:03, teaKEY wrote:
Saw some art on the new Media Cove video with the double headed Moai Kava Man. Nice. Either you didn't post that one, its not yours, or I missed it with it was posted.

thanks for the prompt. Here it is..."Last Rezort". can u think of a better name...anyone???

Beuler???

Finally shot it last night, Anyway, it's a "companion" (bookend?) painting to my "Ruby's Dilemma" painting...

Not so much 'lowbrow' as 'unibrow' art
http://www.bigtoeart.com
http://www.myspace.com/tom_laura

[ Edited by: 2009-08-24 12:07 ]

[ Edited by: bigtoe 2009-08-24 14:25 ]

Really SMOKIN Art goin on here!!! Aloha, Mooney

I think "Last Rezort" does the job just fine. I was thinking of, "The Perils of Bar Food", but that's not so good.

Very nice piece, I dig the eyes over the sign.

love your stuff. and great art on the word search in TIKI MAG

B

For anyone interested, here's the story behind the painting:

This work was inspired by the Moai Kava Kava that we all saw at the forest lawn tiki art show. Our scene opens with our protagonist(s?) tending bar at the very exclusive (and perhaps elusive) Last Rezort Tiki Bar. And as you can see the 2 heads are at odds with each other tonight.

Kava-one casts an irascible eye towards his jovial janus as he earnestly prepares a secret cocktail for a contentedly inebriated fruit bat (and is he pouring into a Bigtoe Leno tiki mug that may be purchased at tikifarm.com?). It seems Kava-one is expecting Kava-two to add a splash from that mysterious red crucible.

Meanwhile, Kava-two is driven to distraction by the opportunity to tease a pretty (and thankfully scantily-clad) hula girl with the shrunken (but seemly occular?) head of a recently-deceased associate.

How will this little drama play out?

You and your guests can spend many an entertaining idle contemplating the outcome in your very own den of iniquity! Will the evening end in fisticuffs? an amorous 3-way tryst? Perhaps even a more violent end at the hand (or ragged claw) of indiscernible jungle denizens with paley-glowing eyes.

TC price is $2000.

Finally shot it last night. this shot is a bit too 'warm' (orange) if you are seriously interested and would like to see a better shot, please PM me.

MAhalos for looking!

Uncle Toesy

If you haven't heard, we have an exclusive interview with the one-and-only BigToe in the upcoming issue of Bachelor Pad Magazine. (It's at the printers now and should be out in a couple of weeks.) You can get the new issue here: http://www.bachelorpadmagazineonline.com/

OH DAMN!
Last resort is fantatic! Yoiu keep painting the things I wish I would have thought up!
Great work bigToe!

Love the Two Headed Kava Kava Man!! Rock On Mr. Toe!!

B

thanks fellas! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm kim falcon

OMG! Last Rezort is bitchin', rad, and...if I had any brain cells left
some other explosive adjectives. Nice companion piece to Ruby's.

B

Tiki invades Hot rod culture!!

(Shameless self promotion warning)

BigToe Profiled by Anna Marco in Car Kulture Deluxe, issue 36, October 09! Get it here:

http://www.ckdeluxe.com

Great article
great Coverage
but that first photo of you...
ugh.

congrats!

L

For a second there I thought the title was "Big Toe Stroke" and I was like..what type of article IS this?!?!

Congrats on the write up .

Outstanding.

B

lol thanks kids!

I've said it a million times... you da man!

T

Big F*CKIN TOE !!!!

M
mp posted on Wed, Sep 2, 2009 1:41 AM

Big Toe, I think your work is unbelievable. I just went through your thread
(again) and I think you have great creativity and sweet skills. My wife and I enjoyed
your work at Freaky Boutiki and Im bummed I missed your booth at Oasis. I cant wait to
see what next in the pipeline from Big Toe. Cheers, MP

Toezilla conquers some more!
Great article! Way to go BigToe!

Big Tom...Congrads and well deserved.Where can I get my hands on a copy of that mag??

Bill....
Toe provided a link right above the magazine pictures....
Try looking AND reading,pal! :)

I bought a copy today..at Barnes and Noble, no less. I learned all about the "stoke" and "unibrow" art. Buy a copy..it'll make ya smarter :) Plus, I forged Tom's signature on the cover. Looks way better that way.

On 2009-09-07 09:14, little lost tiki wrote:
Bill....
Toe provided a link right above the magazine pictures....
Try looking AND reading,pal! :)

Thanks for reminding me just how bad my eye sight is getting at my old age LLT !

L

Hey I was just able to read the article and its a great one. Congrats again on the exposure (which would mean something totally different if it had the title I originally thought it was!)

B

bigtoe stroke instead of bigtoe stoke??? tee hee

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-09-10 18:33 ]

S

big toe slalom fri nite! rip city! be there!! blaaaackout punch time!

Slalom
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To slalom is to zigzag between obstacles

Congrats BigToe!! Your art is just smokin! Thanks for sharin,Aloha, Mooney

B

thanks all,
OK this is only tangentially about my 'craft', but last night we held and impromptu art circle meeting at THE RUZIC's studio with East-Coast Caroline, Kiki, The Ruzic, Squid and your humble raconteur.

we discussed the upcoming OHANA tiki event that Caroline is helping out with in NY state. looks like a hoot and 3/4.

we discussed Squid's attendance there as something of a CELEBU-TARD! Will he bring his drumming utencils???????

we discussed Kiki's new venture, dress patterns sized for today's woman (so crazy, it just might work!), and she also measured me for my very own KUSTOM Hawaiian Paniolo shirt (joy!). I will post pics when i get em.

and ofcourse, we discussed THE RUZIC's new squid paintings and the inspiration thereof (which apparently has something to do with the ancient Mediterranean Manoan culture...who knew!

anyhoo, here's some pics:

somber mood of artistic discourse

more light-hearted mood of (sic) tom-foolery

yikes, i have a bit of SQUID protruding from my ear.

thanks for stopping by!

Uncle Toesy

Wheee! That was fun, Uncle Toesy! So good to see you and meet Caroline! I'll be jammin on your shirt next week, and vintage reproduction patterns too. No rest for the wicked.

C

Such a FUN evening hanging out with you all!!!!!!
I looked at the clock when I got back to my hotel - how did f*** it get THAT late!?!?!? I had no idea!!!!

All that FUN......and an EAR SQUID to boot! :wink:

Z

Yay, Toe!

You realise that ear mollusks are a very treatable condition. Rum tends to be applied liberally, a few times a day.

Oh, and thanks again to you & ken!
(poetry!)

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-09-13 09:45 ]

B

On 2009-01-12 18:07, BigToe wrote:
it is with the utmost humility and reverence that i offer for your consideration my new project called "Suck it, Bowana".

It's been 9 months.
How 'bout it. tough guy?!
:)

Bowie

qwit yer bellyachin,Bowie!
FIST-I-CUFFS!
FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!FIST-I-CUFFS!
i wanna see a throwdown!

B
BigToe posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 2:21 PM

dang, i really DO need to get to my Moai, but i n the meantime, here are the 3 new paintings i showed at the Tonga Hut 51st anniv car show shindig.
Big Mahalo to Atomic Kitty for putting the show together...free rum good..

"Eye Spy", 14 X 14", acrylic on Canvas. this first one was a little sumthin for the hotrod fans, part of a set of paintings done in the method of one of my favorite artists, Damian Fulton.

"Seafood", 12 X 12", acrylic on Canvas. Another Damian Fulton style. the composition is from a a painting by comic super-star Frank Cho. i was inspired to do a squid by Dave Lozeau and "The Ruzic".

finally, the only TIKI! "Da Hui", 12 X 12", acrylic on Canvas. Another Damian Fulton style.

They are all still available. PM for TC discount price. First come, first served and so forth.

Mahalos for checking them out.

B

Sweet Master Toes!! Eye Spy is my favorite...looks like a different eye painted under the iris...cool.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 250 replies