Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki wonderland art show & bamboo ben mug launch! sat. dec.8th

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 332 replies

SAVE THE DATE FOLKS!!!!

SATURDAY DEC. 8th @ The Tonga Hut in North Hollywood.

The 2nd Annual TIKI WONDERLAND ART SHOW and SALE!

Get all your holiday shopping done in one night of art, gifts, music and cocktails! :drink:

Check back often for show updates, shenanigans, and some very special surprises!!!!! :wink:

Check out this amazing artist line-up!

AND. . . .the squirrels out of the bag. . . The amazing new ultra-cool and ultra-limited edition BAMBOO BEN mug from Tiki Farm with be making it's surprise debut at the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Show! Holden is showing love to the TC Ohana and this will be your only chance to get one in advance of the Dec. 22nd website launch! Don't miss out!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-11-19 17:16 ]

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-12-03 20:00 ]

P

Cool! This was really fun last year. Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it on the 8th.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 14, 2007 7:50 PM

Nice flier Suze.

We're still finalizing artists for the show, so we'll have a list of artists up pretty soon.

Mark your calenders for another special night at the Tonga Hut.

R

dec 8th?! i am SO skippin work! :lol:

I think that's got to be the greatest flier I've ever seen.

Mmmm...sacrilicious.

R

i got so excited of another show. I didn't fully look @ the flyer and now that I have...I agree with Grog and Kate - that flyer RAWKS!!!!! :D

It's so ridiculously adorable!

should be able to make it, but wont confirm 100%.
And I wont say Why, Grog will get mad.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JB

Wouldn't miss it!

On 2007-11-14 22:49, bigtikidude wrote:
should be able to make it, but wont confirm 100%.
And I wont say Why, Grog will get mad.

You're going to a surf show, aren't you?!

:lol:

sounds okay.....
Ladies and Gentlemen-start your Photoshoppe engines!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 15, 2007 1:43 PM

Looks like the little rabid bastard is biting GROG' ear.

Great event artwork, Suzy!! Hope to be part of this one.

Aloha,
Myke

edited to spell Suzy correctly. My bad!

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-11-19 13:19 ]

B

AtomiKitty, Your tiki manger is purrrfect!!

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-11-15 20:23 ]

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-12-02 14:36 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 16, 2007 9:16 AM

Well...has any one mentioned the CageFighting yet?

Bring the Kids!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-11-17 09:51 ]

HO WHAT FUN it is to go to the Tonga Hut Events! :music: Even if you don't go? this thread is bound to be the most entertaining of the year! BUT GO TO THE EVENT!!! :D

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2007 12:01 PM

The family cage fights are pretty fun, but GROG really enjoy the mud wrestling that begins at 10:00 after the kids are sent home. Will Atomikitty be able to defend her title as reigning champion? Here are some pics from last year:

Here we see LLT closing in on Crazy Al who is holding down Bamboo Ben with the help of
Mariah and Ookoo while Spermy holds up Ben's hand he has bitten off one of Ben's fingers.
Spermy was disqualified for "fighting dirty" in a mud wrestling match, that was pretty funny.

GROG's favorite match of the night was the finale fight between bartender Megan and Suzy Atomikitty.

Suzy victorious ( at least we think it was Suzy, it was hard to tell who was who with them
covered by mud.

Suzy and Megan congratulte each other after a well fought match.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-17 12:04 ]

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-12-01 11:41 ]

Ahem. . .yes well . .

Maybe if GROG stopped fantasizing about seeing us all naked and started making some art he could be in one of the Tonga Hut Art Shows . . .

ZING!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-11-17 12:50 ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now THAT was Funny!

R

On 2007-11-17 12:49, atomikitty wrote:
Ahem. . .yes well . .

Maybe if GROG stopped fantasizing about seeing us all naked and started making some art he could be in one of the Tonga Hut Art Shows . . .

ZING!

Ooooh BURN!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this thread is killin me, and it hasn't even begun!

snort snort. Grog got the first slap down and I bet Suzy didn't get a drop of mud on her. Only the first round and Atomic Kitty wins. Somebody get Grog to Cold shower.

R

here's a picture that best depicts how suzy is dominating with her cat-like reflexes! LOL!

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-11-17 13:22 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2007 1:48 PM

It's not even December 8th yet, but the mud-slinging has already begun.

T

Holy Crap ! This sounds like an awesome show . Cant wait to go . Will there be any artists there as well ?

Why yes Ray,

They WILL be artists in the art show!

I'm glad you asked.

GROG and I are just waiting for confirmation from a few folks.

We will announce for sure on Monday, and I will update the Nativitiki flyer at the top of the thread as well.

MAHALO!

T

Im sorry Suzy , I was just teasing . Your threads get the craziest but best photoshops on here and we all love them . Well, Ernie loves most of them . But I was just throwing that in so we all know who were picking on this time . I can wait till Monday or even longer to find out who is the new "kick dog, whipping boys or girls" at this 2nd annual event .Your shows always rock and are packed . Good luck !

tsk tsk tsk, dirty Grog.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ahem. . .yes well . .

ZING!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2007-11-17 12:50 ]

BOTTA BING! :D

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 3:50 AM

Well maybe GROG will do BOTH!

This first piece is entitled "Suzy Shakin' It". Prints will be available at the Tonga Hut December 8.
It will be an open edition, so everybody can buy as many prints as they want.

somebody's gonna get a swift kick in the behind if he's not careful.

Unless Suzy doesn't mind the art?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

GROG ON THIN ICE. . .

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 6:14 PM

Alright Suzy, maybe GROG won't have an open edition and will only get a limited edition printed up. Maybe 50 to 100. GROG even willing to give Suzy 5% of the sales if Suzy sign prints at the art show.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 6:55 PM

Is that a picture of somebody driving out to save GROG from the thin ice, or was that Suzy driving on the thin ice? She IS blonde you know....

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 7:12 PM

Now all they have to do is fill the hole with water and they can start the mud wrestling. Yay!!!!

On 2007-11-18 19:03, little lost tiki wrote:

???

Was GROG bitten by a spider that slowed his heart rate down so much that everyone on the island thought he was dead and then buried him alive?

----------------WARNING----------------

Just warning any "new invited artists" to this racket aka art show they have at the Tongs Hut......when you agree to show....
...they will haunt you for life!

It's like signing a deal with the devil!!!

( grog is the devil in caveman's clothing!!!)

Ya better watch it Grog! Mess with Atomickitty and you and all your friends might be packin' it up, hittin' the road and head south with your big bushy tails between your legs.
Hobo photo from Apelad and the 700 hoboes project.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 10:54 PM

Look B.Ben, if you had only read the fine print in your contract before you had agreed to be in the art show, then you would have been aware of the consequences....

Chongolio, do you have an extra cot at your place in Hawaii? GROG may have to leave the mainland hastily. Maybe if enough people post stuff on the thread, it'll go to another page and Suzy won't see this page before her next post. Save a life people!! Post like crazy!! GROG need more posts. And no posts telling Suzy to look back and see what GROG posted about her, you bastards.

And speaking of Suzy's next post. Tomorrow (Monday) she will update the flyer and post the final roster of artists for the art show. It's going to be another good art show and magazine release (hint). Plenty of fun stuff to fill all your tiki needs and desires.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-18 23:18 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 11:27 PM

Me, Bamboo Ben, jealous Suzy have such great friend like GROG.That GROG is great guy.
Him never say anything bad about Suzy because GROG love her so much. Suzy lucky to have
such good friend as GROG.

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 11:29 PM

Chongolio agree with Bamboo Ben. Suzy lucky to have such great friend like GROG.

GROG can come crash at Chongolio place anytime because GROG such great guy.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-18 23:36 ]

Just warming up.....

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 11:34 PM

Me, LittleLostTiki agree with Bamboo Ben and Chongolio. How Suzy get so lucky to have friend like GROG? GROG great person, indubitably.

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
and be a Good Citizen!

GROG!!!!!!! Leave my monkey out of this!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 11:43 PM

GROG not know what you're talking about Chongolio. GROG not use your monkey for
anything. (shutup you bastard, you're going to make her curious!!)
So how you doing Chongolio? It was great seeing you at Bali Hai and having breakfast next
morning.Didn't we all just have a swell time? How was the Tiki crawl? Are you back in Hawaii yet? That Doug Horne sure is a swell guy, huh? Hope to see you again soon.

[ Edited by: grog 2007-11-19 00:00 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 332 replies