Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki wonderland art show & bamboo ben mug launch! sat. dec.8th

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 332 replies

AND, Adri's Art Is Awesome!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2007 10:50 PM

Yes, GROG took three of the ladies home. They lived along the way, so GROG drop them off as GROG drive home. They were pretty tipsy at that point and were in no condition to drive.

When GROG left the party, it look like LLT was enjoying himself. You and Hef's poolguy really hit it off.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:11 PM

A little update for the thread:

Our own SUZY (Atomikitty) is the "Up and coming artist" in the new TIKI MAGAZINE available at the Tonga Hut Tikiwonderland art show.(Congratulations Suzy!) Dawna Hammond is the featured carver in the magazine. She carved the logo tiki for the Lucky Tiki Bar back when it was open. If she has any pieces ready by then, hopefully we'll have some of her carvings at the show as well. She and Suzy will be there to sign your Tiki Magazines. And if you ask real nicely, GROG may even sign the Bamboo Ben comic in the magazine, too. Hell, while you're getting people to sign stuff, Squid will probably be there, so you might even get him to sign a mug or two.

R

Congrats to Suzy! :D

and Grog & Kinny: Wow....just. wow.
:lol:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 22, 2007 11:33 AM

Thread update:

We'll also get DJ LEE to keep the sound at a level where it doesn't cause ears to bleed like he did last time. We're going to tape that volume switch down so he can't crank that sucker up every 5 seconds.
GROG's ears are still ringing from the last tonga Hut art show.

huh?? what???
I can't hear you my ears are still ringing from the last Tonga Hut art show!!!!!

I really like the tunes Lee plays, but yeah that boy needs to keep it down a but, and this is coming from a person that goes to alot of Loud shows.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WOW! You guys are a fun bunch! Sleepytiki here aka Adri! Thanks for the sweet comments!
I am really excited to be at the Tonga Hut 2nd annual show this winter-( wait will it be winter? hmm...) in such awesome company!
And congrats Suzy, you deserve it!
I love the snowy flier too!
Looking forward to hanging with all of you!

Oh Crap!

We're having a rager up at our place on that weekend too!

the Hamones, Perry Ferral and some Mariachis are playing.

Damn.

Poor planning I guess.

Sponsored by L&L (food), Mr. Kegs(beer) and Sailor Jerry (rum) too!

All free and vending too with ample space!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 23, 2007 6:40 PM

Hey Adriana, thanks for posting. We're looking forward to having you in the art show, this should be another fun one.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 23, 2007 6:51 PM

Ben, Ben Ben. Don't think we're not above sabotoging whatever you might be having if it's going to detract from our event.

Y---a---w---n! Hey guys! I've been napping! Have I missed anything? Holy Mackeral! Can't wait to support ya (Suzy) at the show! Congrats on the feature!

On 2007-11-24 15:47, suburbanpagan wrote:
Y---a---w---n! Hey guys! I've been napping! Have I missed anything?

Just the most boring Tonga Hut art show thread ever but other than that not much.

On 2007-11-24 16:18, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2007-11-24 15:47, suburbanpagan wrote:
Y---a---w---n! Hey guys! I've been napping! Have I missed anything?

Just the most boring Tonga Hut art show thread ever but other than that not much.

R

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 8:03 PM

Boring Tonga Hut thread!?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 8:07 PM

It'll probably get a little more exciting either sometime this week or the beginning of next week. Stay tuned. :wink:

R

Careful where you stick that finger Grog...

Dear Crappy Tonga Hut Thread:
What ever happened to that squirrel guy with the big head?

Buzzy Out!

R

well....

T

Nope that is not the right squirrel... Where oh where is the real Mr. Squirrel? He was a gun toting, hard drinking, smoking fiend! Where oh where has Mr. Squirrel gone?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 9:16 PM

On 2007-11-24 20:25, ravenne wrote:

GROG do whatever it takes to keep those little shit-bastards from trying to crap rainbows in Ravenne's head. GROG selfless that way.

R

On 2007-11-24 21:16, GROG wrote:

On 2007-11-24 20:25, ravenne wrote:

GROG do whatever it takes to keep those little shit-bastards from trying to crap rainbows in Ravenne's head. GROG selfless that way.

Aww...Grog, I misjudged you...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 9:28 PM

Only problem now is that GROG have koala stuck on the end of GROG' finger. It hard to draw and type. Good conversation piece though. "Say, is that a koala stuck on your finger? Why yes it is, thank you for asking." GROG think it will probably become a fad.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 9:54 PM

Here's a sampling of Adriana's art GROG found on the internet for those of you who haven't seen her art.

And here are a couple of pictures of her from the Tiki and Terrors 2 art show last year.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-25 00:09 ]

R

Lucky for Grog, Ravenne knows a lot about Crapping Rainbow Koalas....

Shortly after a Koala craps out rainbow juices...it dies.

now you REALLY have something to talk about! :D

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 10:06 PM

Well, that explains why Kinny's penis is rainbow colored.

R

On 2007-11-24 22:06, GROG wrote:
Well, that explains why Kinny's penis is rainbow colored.

somehow this makes more sense....

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 11:02 PM

That'll NEVER happen. Kinny could never come between Bamboo Ben and GROG (and sometimes Al).

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 11:06 PM

Now we all knew that Kinny is a bit sick and twisted, but THESE guys?!!!!! Let's just hope they had been sharing a rainbow colored lollipop.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 11:29 PM

On 2007-11-24 20:44, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Dear Crappy Tonga Hut Thread:
What ever happened to that squirrel guy with the big head?

GROG have no idea what you're talking about.

H

Hey Grog, thanks for posting my free promo. I hope you guys like the art!
I am going to hopefully have a fun Christmas image for you guys at the show!
See you all soon!

Things are getting a little better.

A little.

O

Happy belated Birthday Grog

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 25, 2007 8:25 PM

Last year on Dec25th late at night GROG thought GROG hear a burglar in GROG' cave, so GROG confront burglar in the dark. So then, when GROG turn lights on.....

So, this year GROG will definitely be counting on friends and family for Christmas presents, because GROG pretty sure GROG won't be getting any presents from Santa this year.

And the Tonga Hut art show is a good place to start the Christmas shopping for GROG. :)

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-25 20:29 ]

R

ROFL! You bashed Santa....whadda caveman!

(seriously tho, that drawing had me laughin fer a while!)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 26, 2007 12:47 AM

What? You think it funny GROG not get Christmas gifts this year?

The worst part about the whole thing is that that was the third time this happen. You would think that GROG would have learned after the first two times after the Easter Bunny quit bringing Easter eggs, and when GROG's luck went from good to bad after St. Patricks Day. If you're going to come by GROG' cave, don't drop in unexpectedly--- be sure and call first.

You're really a great hitman Grog....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D

Is this the new photo assoc. thread?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 12:13 AM

Speaking of bilge pumps, GROG getting pretty swamped with work---deadline approacheth---so, GROG not going to have alot of time to do Photoshop silliness in next few weeks. So, GROG thinking about doing a little contest and winner will get a Simpson poster that GROG get at work that was only available to the employees. It is a poster from the Treehouse of Horror episode that aired at the beginning of this month. GROG will get the director and asst. director of the episode to sign the poster and maybe even the supervising director of the series if GROG can hunt him down. GROG post a pic tomorrow of what the poster will look like, and GROG will try and figure out what people should guess at to win the poster. However, the winner will have to pick the poster up December 8 at the Tonga Hut art show because GROG not ship.

Stay tuned to this thread for contest info and further updates about the art show.The Tiki Wonderland art shows are always a special event. GROG have a strong feeling you're not going to want to miss this one.

[ Edited by: grog 2007-11-27 00:24 ]

Awww. . . Grog we are gonna miss ya!
Draw faster damn-it!

Ohhh, I love this contest idea-I want to be in on it too!

Since you haven't told us what the secret question is yet, I'm gonna just start guessing. . .

Your favorite color is PUCE. . .
You sleep in the NUDE. . .
You are deathly afraid of MARMOSETS. . .
You have a THIRD NIPPLE. . .
You like PINA COLADAS and WALKS IN THE RAIN . . .

Did I get it???!!!!

Everyone else, feel free to input your guesses for/answers to GROG's secret question until we hear from him.

Now GROG, get to bed, it's past your bedtime!

Here are a list of answers...
Yes
No
Maybe So
Purple
You're IQ is....23
Your hair color is none
You have a slight stigmatism
Your middle name is "Bean"
Did i win?

Here are my guesses to Grog's mystery questions:

Anchovies
Antidisestablishmentarianism
Lawn Darts
pumice stone
cherry flavored pez
Jar Jar Binks
Goat seeds
Chatanooga choo choo

Now off to play lotto. I feel lucky ya punks

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 9:33 AM

Atomikitty, you cheated. You were just reading the backside of GROG' centerfold from GQ (Groglodyte Quarterly).

LLT, those were good answers, but they weren't the questions from the contest.

On 2007-11-27 08:33, little lost tiki wrote:
Here are a list of answers...
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop? Yes
How tall is the tallest building in the world? No
Complete the Qoute: "Diamonds are a girls' best ________. Maybe So
Pi divided by 4,365.225 equals what? Purple
What is GROG's INDECENCY QUOTIENT? You're IQ is....23 ( You were close, it's 35)
What color is GROG' pubic hair? Your hair color is none ( Silly boy, GROG not fully shaved)
Why did GROG break up with Brook Burke after dating for a year? You have a slight stigmatism
What was the reason for GROG' divorce from Shania Twain? Your middle name is "Bean"
What do most women shout out in ecstacy when having sex with GROG? Did i win?

Stay tuned for the real contest.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 9:36 AM

HOLY CRAP Chongolio! You were REALLY close.

See people----now THAT's how the game is played.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 27, 2007 10:02 PM

Now that's scary-looking. Thanks for the flyer---sort of.

WTF man?

Grog please tell me you don't drive around like that, cruzing elementary schools and parks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 332 replies