Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies

Originally, we posted to room host at midnight and onward on Saturday 'cuz I saw somewhere that the Saturday show wasn't over until midnight, but we talked it over and we're going to open earlier at 10pm in the Morbid Room. So feel free to swing by room #1537 a little earlier!

[ Edited by: Trader Tom 2008-08-14 14:32 ]

Shell,
Please count ChrisTikipher and KalikiTiki in for crawling.
Thanks, Chris

On 2008-08-02 10:02, SoccerTiki wrote:

WooHoo!! Are your ready for a Headshrinker?? See you this afternoon :)

I know it's a tab late, but can I get in with a friend on the tiki crawl!?
Thanks!!!

P

Fter te shows tonight, ~10PM, Room 1603 (Kirby and Polly's Room.

Hosed again! Thanks Shelly! No more lies.... Next year a fair contest maybe???

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Aug 17, 2008 4:26 PM

Who won the prizes???

Welcome to The Zombie Den!!

Guests of The Zombie Den...

On 2008-08-17 11:19, SoccerTiki wrote:
Hosed again! Thanks Shelly! No more lies.... Next year a fair contest maybe???

To Clarify....
We were under the 'sumption that the contest was for "Best Dressed" room, NOT "Breast Undressed" room! There were a lot of rooms that were actually decorated in theme... No consideration to any of them! Boooooo!

(Not that there is anything wrong with tits and live music!!!) :P

SoccerTiki and I would like to thank all the room party hosts! It takes a lot of time, effort and money to host soooo many crawlers! (And thanks to all the crawlers who made it soooo much fun!!!)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-08-17 19:40 ]

M

The moment of the weekend was when someone said to Paul, "Hi, Blue Man Group."

On 2008-08-17 16:50, WooHooWahine wrote:

LOVED your Zombie Den!!! We came back that night, but didn't find anyone around. We were so worn out that finally we just had to vamoose. No ofence!!

Mr & Mrs Tikilands would like to share the photos from this great weekend. There a few video clips as well. Thanks to everyone for making this a Grand event. We had a blast.

Here is the link:

http://tikilands.smugmug.com/share/GDxGGg4Gx5fhQ

A huge Mahalos to Dave and Rebecca.So great to see you both and get a chance
to room crawl with you.I look forward to seeing you soon at the "Purple Orchid"
Cheers,
Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-08-18 15:23 ]

Mahalo for sharing your photos. You caught some good ones. So far, no incriminating photos of me have cropped up. Frank, you are a ham! Those three videos of you three playing Chartreuse are wonderful. Mai Kai Gents (with or without Judd) rock! It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you!

B

So, I didn't really see who won the room contest, but was it really room 1803? The room that had a sausage-fest going on? LOL Just Kidding! Couldn't even get IN the room let alone see any nakedness!

Unfortunately my hubby and I only got to a couple of the rooms (he got one more than me - somehow HE was able to squeeze his skinny little but inside 1803!) but what a load of fun - Woohoowahine and SoccerTiki really did up their room (and the freebies were pretty cool too!). Oh, and of course, the BOOZE - great punch you guys - probably the best WE had all weekend.

Assuming the hotel will have us again (after the great Tiki theft), is TO9 going to be there? Looks like a great theme as well.

Wanted to say sorry to a few folks out there that we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to at the hotel: Randy's friend (saw you at the airport in the shade - didn't want to bug you 'cause you were on your phone - by the way I'm gonna post that pic of the two of you); Mr and Mrs TikiFink (I know Randy - you need your OWN name!) Thanks for the companionship on this our first Oasis. Elvira and ....DAMN - I KNEW I was going to forget everyone's names!) - glad we got to see you Saturday night after you got zombiefied! I think we met a Scott, Jeff, Mike....now if only I could remember whose name went with which face! A special thanks to the guy poolside with the free shots of Tommy Bahama rum who insisted on administering the medicine himself (phewwwwww - almost couldn't breath for a couple of minutes after THAT!) And everyone else we rubbed elbows with or just plain ran into in a drunken stuper! Hope to run into all of you in a drunken stuper again sometime!

Another special thanks to all the vendors. What great stuff, even though I'm TOTALLY broke now! Great carvings, ceramics, jewelry, paintings, clothes and vintage stuff! I didn't happen to see if City Budah actually had the guts to show up (they were listed in the program) - if they did they were nowhere near the rest of the vendors! HA! Good job scaring them off!

Also wanted to say a great big BOOOOOO to the turds that stole the Tikis from the courtyard. What assholes! You made our entire group look bad, you unbelievable jerks. You WILL make a mistake and let it slip and once it does, this entire community will come down on you like Pele on a bad day. You had such little regard for those Tikis you even damaged a third one in your no-doubt drunken escapade at thievery. I hope you left after your crime because I would hate to think I was being chummy with you after the fact.

Looking forward to MANY more TO's and perhaps even remembering faces with the names!

Aloooooooha Tiki Oasis Room Hosts and Crawlers!

A big thanks to all who participated in the Room Crawl 2008! The whole experience was a huge success! Nicely Done Everyone!

Here are pics of the Room Hosts and others that contributed to the sucess of the 4th Annual TC Room Crawl...

Thank you to Dr. Shocker & Rob Roy for designing and printing the Crawl Cards.

Dr. Shocker

Rob Roy
Room Hosts in order of Room Crawl Schedule...

Wersmo Dreinc Welcome Wagon Dave & Rebecca of the Purple Orchid

Vampiress RN

Carona Contessa

Croe67, SkiTiki & Tiki Wine Bear

WooHoo Wahine & Soccer Tiki

Brenda's Tiki Hut & Iso Tiki with Chief Bartender

EdsGone Tiki & Cindy

PiPhiRho

RumShaker (Actually, RumShaker was behind the bar!)

Billy the Crud & Grace

Cheeky Girl

Kahuna Kent

Dibroc & Trader Tom

More Mahalos to our strolling performers...
The Mai Kai Gents with Weird Uncle Tiki

The Mai Kai Gents

Thank you, Bamboo Ben for being so enthralled by our exciting parties!

Here's to you Bill the Bed Breaker (Mai Tai)! Representing the Nor Cal Tiki Ohana
And thanks most of all to our Fearless Leader...

Otto von Stroheim
See you all next year!
Love & Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-08-18 18:50 ]

I missed all but like 4 rooms, man.......BUMMER! Like I would remember them, anyways! Great crawl, guys. I'll be posting more pics soon.

On 2008-08-17 22:06, Zombie Lovers wrote:

On 2008-08-17 16:50, WooHooWahine wrote:

LOVED your Zombie Den!!! We came back that night, but didn't find anyone around. We were so worn out that finally we just had to vamoose. No ofence!!

What an amazing Zombie transformation!!!

CL

Prizes prizes prizes, I won every single ONE of them!!!!! Bohowahhhaaaaaa!!!!! I paid Shelley, even though she didn't do the voting, to rig it for me. That's what Oasis is about - WINNING and I WON! ;-D Seriously, I'm just glad that we all had the experience. And thanks to everyone who hosted, worked hard on fantastic decorations, and crawled. Thanks to volunteers and mostly Baby Doe and Otto...The experience is what it's about for me. :)

On 2008-08-17 16:26, Cammo wrote:
Who won the prizes???

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 2:24 PM

I just created a new award for Room Parties, called the Tiki Gold Mug Award, and the Fun Girls & Tikiwinebear won it this year, for the BEST PARTY.

Soccer and Woo won the Tiki Gold Mug Award for Best Dressed Room, and Cheeky won for Best Original Drink. Those guys with the band and boobs didn't win anything. Oh well, better luck next year!

On 2008-08-19 14:24, Cammo wrote:
I just created a new award for Room Parties, called the Tiki Gold Mug Award, and the Fun Girls & Tikiwinebear won it this year, for the BEST PARTY.

Soccer and Woo won the Tiki Gold Mug Award for Best Dressed Room, and Cheeky won for Best Original Drink. Those guys with the band and boobs didn't win anything. Oh well, better luck next year!

Mahalo for the Tiki Gold Award Cammo :) I agree with you, Cheeky always makes the Best Orginal Drinks and Croe, Skitiki, & Tikiwinebear always know how to throw a Great Party. Everyone put a lot of effort into decorating their rooms this year with a very challenging theme, Zombie Vacation on VooDoo Island. Too bad this effort was overlooked.

On 2008-08-19 14:24, Cammo wrote:

Um.......I took the rest of Cheekys' drink home and am getting drunk on it right now.....Like REALLY drunk. I've only killed half of what she gave me and this will probably be my last post of the night.......

T

Mahalos to all who hosted (WOW!) and crawled!

And special thanks to Bamboo Ben - It is so nice to have a "Nap Buddy" when one is a little tired from all the crawling.

Shell! Thank you for organizing the room crawl! It is such a unique part of Tiki Oasis... just so much fun! This was my first time hosting a room party, and it was great fun for me. I'm going to do it again! Thank you for coming by my party and being so enthusiastic about my Don Ho theme. -- Kari

On 2008-08-20 07:15, tikibob wrote:
Mahalos to all who hosted (WOW!) and crawled!

And special thanks to Bamboo Ben - It is so nice to have a "Nap Buddy" when one is a little tired from all the crawling.

SURE IS!

M

Yeah, but no matter what- he ain't spillin' his Bud.

ya...

ya...

ya.

I was freakin tired!

( 30, 18 hour daze in a row will get ya!)

Anyone ever see that movie Fandango?

( I was the dude who slept the entire movie)

Had a blast anywho!

MAhalos to all who hosted and to all who crawled and to all

who tortured me!

You ALL know payback is a bitch right?!?!!!

( can't believe i slept through the Swank Bastards!!!)

Glad ya'll liked the drink -- I'll post the recipe in the food & drink section!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies