Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies

TT

On 2008-04-20 19:02, Otto wrote:
Trav

Who's the lucky "1 extra"?

my Lovely Girlfriend Sarah... see pics in tiki farm sale thread..
A real life Tiki Oasis romance story..
No shit!

Okay...looks like I prefected my new drink for the crawl! Hurray!

TL

Hi Shell, This will be our third oasis, and we're kind of virgins that this, but would like to try it. Please add 4 for the crawl. Mahalo

S

Put me on the crawlin' list. :) Yay!

Suzanne

TF

Tiki Finks are go for crawl! Two here.

T.F.

K

If it's not too late, I (and my friends) are interested in being room crawl hosts. What do we need to do?

Thanks!

Kosmotiki,

Thank you for offering to be a Room Host at Tiki Oasis! I will gladly add your name to a list of hosts I am compiling. Please choose a time that you would like to serve drinks in your room and post that time on this thread or send your time to me by a private message, or to [email protected]. I will also be posting a list of hosts names and the times they plan to serve on this thread as the event nears.

For more information, please review my first post on this thread as it has a lot of other information about room hosting and room crawlers. You can also use the search engine on this site to search the words Room Crawl and you should find a lot of helpful information from past crawls at the past three Room Crawls at Tiki Oasis.

Most hosts plan to serve drinks in their rooms for an hour and a half up to two hours, but however long or however much you plan to serve is totally up to you. In the past up to 180 or so people have expressed their desire to crawl, but not that many will show up at your room for drinks.

Once you check into the hotel you can start circulating your room number and place signs on your door indicating who you are and when you are serving. Some people make up small cards or handouts that they pass out as they socialize at the event, which indicate their serving time and their room number. Some people post signs in the elevators. People who are booking suites may know their room numbers before they check into the hotel.

On Thursday and Friday of Oasis I will meet up with you and give you a name badge that identifies you as a Room Host. I will spread the word to others of your room number and time you plan to serve if you wish. Hopefully WooHooWahine and Cheeky Girl will be assisting me with spreading the word as well. Right, ladies?

In the meantime, plan the drink you would like to serve and how you will go about mixing for large quantities. However elaborate you wish to make your drink, the presentation of your drink, or if you wish to decorate your room, create ambiance, etc. is up to you.

Thanks again for offering to be a Room Host and participating! Room Hosting is an excellent way to meet new people, express yourself, sample many unique and one-of-a-kind drinks and participate in Oasis in your own way with your own style. By participating in the Room Crawl you will be adding a whole new dimension of fun and socialization to you Tiki Oasis experience. If you have never hosted before, don't worry, people are excited to meet you, sample your concoction, and they will be thankful for your hospitality and that you chose to entertain them for a brief while.

I am looking forward to meeting you at Oasis!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

T

Please add 2 more to the list. This will be our 2nd Tiki Oasis. We can't wait!

On 2008-04-17 08:52, Monkeyman wrote:
Oh boy.. weve got some TC'ers here who have had too long a winter or something...
......Proceeds from the mug are used to offset costs by room hosts.. I would wager that the average room host spends between $70 - $90 to pour drinks for all the thirsty masses.......

Monkeyman, more like $150+! And yes, the thirsty masses are alway generous with the tips! ...But the fun, of course is in the hosting friends and meeting new people!

T

Tiki Trav is a REAL romantic . Heres a pic of his girl and a friend at that Tiki Oasis party . He ties them up with caution tape and throws them in a closet . I guess thats how they do it down under .

TT

TIKI RAY you are just jealous.... thanks for the tape...i owe you one buddy..

Hey, man......I KNOW those girls and it was probably their idea!! I've got a few sets of handcuffs for ya this year, Trav!

Room crawl......I was so exhausted from carving and crawling last year, that I was pretty much gasping for air when my turn to host came about. I'll just be crawling this year unless the folks we room with want to run with it. Can't spread myself so thin, man!!

Wow, I need one of those computer-type jobs, so I'm not so far behind.....my hubby and I will host again. Already booked a top floor suite. Planning on a late nite Friday after-hours party and probably Sat afternoon too. We have a little special something planned for you guys. It's our second TO and I'm so glad to have met all of you last year. I'm up for that Zombie thing too!! I was planning on Lapu-Lapus and that Murky Lagoon drink I made last year. I need to practice anyway for a new bartending gig coming up here in Vegas.........

On another note, has anyone heard of the band Deadbolt? Otto? They're San Diego based surf and they have an album called Tiki Man and a song called VooDoo Trucker. Didn't know if they're still playing or would sign up to play at TO. They'd be perfect!! Just a thought.

Thanks!!

On 2008-05-21 21:54, Rumshaker wrote:
Wow, I need one of those computer-type jobs, so I'm not so far behind.....my hubby and I will host again. Already booked a top floor suite. Planning on a late nite Friday after-hours party and probably Sat afternoon too. We have a little special something planned for you guys. It's our second TO and I'm so glad to have met all of you last year. I'm up for that Zombie thing too!! I was planning on Lapu-Lapus and that Murky Lagoon drink I made last year. I need to practice anyway for a new bartending gig coming up here in Vegas.........

On another note, has anyone heard of the band Deadbolt? Otto? They're San Diego based surf and they have an album called Tiki Man and a song called VooDoo Trucker. Didn't know if they're still playing or would sign up to play at TO. They'd be perfect!! Just a thought.

Thanks!!

Deadbolt is a San Diego legend. Harley lives in Arizona now and they play very rarely, here in SD. Last gig was the Hotrod Surf/Tikiland Hotrodders BBQ.

Matte Reese knows how to get ahold of him, I think. Would be nice to see them at Oasis, but I can't see that happening, really.

Aloha, Shell!
I have already put my name on the crawl list (I will be hosting - FIRST TIME!!). I definitely have to do it on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I should open up my room late Saturday afternoon or that night? Any suggestions as to which would be better?

please add me to the crawl list.

Bullet - you don't even drink though !!

Im in for sure

The Whale Rider and I would love to crawl!! Please put us on the list please.
Luv,
Spermy

On 2008-05-22 13:02, 1961surf wrote:
Bullet - you don't even drink though !!

Im in for sure

i wanna hang out with you, bill!

Hi I would love to crawl Shell - please add a Miss Sharma to your list of crawlers please.

This is my first TO coming from the UK especially so would love to meet you wonderfull Tiki experts and party goers!

Id hang with you anytime Bullet.Look forward to seeing you and catching up.

B

Hey Shell, you're a doll for doing this, one more for the Crawl, please.
After four years of vending I'm finally going to just go to Tiki Oasis and see what the rest of you see (and drink what the rest of you drink!)
My summer is gonna be so hectic... a few days of R&R by the pool at TO8 sounds really, really good.
Let me know if you need a hand with anything, graphics for the Crawl Card, whatever.

BodhiBoy

FireMonkey Glass: Real Cool Glass, Made Real Hot!

(yeah, it used to be BodhiGlass, but FireMonkey now has the mojo)

HT

Sadly, I will not be there this year.

I got a new job with "GASP" Chevron Oil (Don't Hate Me). I am a Merchant Mariner, and no I don't buy Mariners. I just transport oil from point A to point B. I signed up for a room at Oasis when I was in Korea a few months ago, between stops in China and Japan. I wish I could be here in my home town of San Diego with all of you great Tikiers, TC'ers, whoever. Last year was a blast. And I know that this year will be just as much fun if not more. So take care and have fun.

H2O AKA Brian

P.S. I ship out next weekend 31 May, on the Colorado Voyager.

T

Just booked our first Oasis. My wife & I want to do it right, so please add us to the list. Looking forward to a great weekend.
Thanks, Mike & Karen

TT

On 2008-05-24 23:00, H2O Tiki wrote:

I got a new job with "GASP" Chevron Oil (Don't Hate Me). I am a Merchant Mariner, and no I don't buy Mariners. I just transport oil from point A to point B. I signed up for a room at Oasis when I was in Korea a few months ago, between stops in China and Japan. I wish I could be here in my home town of San Diego with all of you great Tikiers, TC'ers, whoever. Last year was a blast. And I know that this year will be just as much fun if not more. So take care and have fun.

H2O AKA Brian

we will miss you mate... I will drink on your behalf if you don't mind..

C

On 2008-05-24 20:54, BodhiBoy wrote:
Hey Shell, you're a doll for doing this, one more for the Crawl, please.
After four years of vending I'm finally going to just go to Tiki Oasis and see what the rest of you see (and drink what the rest of you drink!)
My summer is gonna be so hectic... a few days of R&R by the pool at TO8 sounds really, really good.
Let me know if you need a hand with anything, graphics for the Crawl Card, whatever.

BodhiBoy

FireMonkey Glass: Real Cool Glass, Made Real Hot!

(yeah, it used to be BodhiGlass, but FireMonkey now has the mojo)

Hey BodhiBoy!
We enjoyed you dropping by our crawl room last year on Saturday night & look forward to seeing you this year, too!!

On 2008-05-24 23:00, H2O Tiki wrote:

H2O AKA Brian

Bummer, Brian.....

Wow, a lot of crawlers...

The contest is on for best dressed room! VampiressRN and Corona Contessa have thrown down the gauntlet to me, Chief Bartender, Isotiki, and Isotiki's husband. We are both hosting on Friday afternoon: Vamptiki hosting from 1-3; Terri & Brenda's Tiki Hut from 4-5:30; Soccertiki & WooHoo being in between. Vamptiki has even created a notification poster:

Anyone else in on the challenge?

Shell, do you and your judges take bribes? A bottle of premium rum?

Already resorting to bribes eh!!!!

My zombies will beat your zombies any day (of the dead)!!!!

Let the fight'n begin...my blood is boiling.

Hi Shell!
Please add 2 more for the crawl. Two of our friends have decided to attend Tiki Oasis this year, thus our party has increased from 2 crawlers to 4.

Mahalo for all your hard work! See ya soon!
Myke

On 2008-05-31 19:12, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
The contest is on for best dressed room!

Shell ~ Any set rules for The Room Crawl Contest this year?? Can SoccerTiki and I participate in the contest this year?

Aloha Crawlers and Room Hosts!

There has been a tremendous response to the Tiki Oasis 2008 Room Crawl Tread so far! Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support!

Here is a list of potential Room Hosts and Hosting Times: (Times and Hosts Subject to Change Without Notice!)

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki Friday 3:00-4:30
  2. Vampiress RN & Carona Contessa Friday 1:00-3:00
  3. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki
  4. Dibroc & Trader Tom
  5. Wersmo Derinc & Rebecca Purple Orchid
  6. Tangaroa-Ru Saturday afternoon? Sat. Night?
  7. EdsGoneTiki & Cindy Friday 4:30-6:00
  8. Croe67 & Tiki Wine Bear
  9. Brenda's Tiki Hut & Iso Tiki Friday 4:00-5:30
  10. Kahuna Kent
  11. Kosmotiki & Tribe
  12. Rum Shaker Late Night Friday? & Saturday afternoon

At this point 84 TCers have indicated their desire to crawl! Nicely Done!

Please update this thread with your desire to crawl or host.

Dr. Shocker has offered to help with the design and printing of the Crawl Card again this year! Thanks, Doc! BohiBoy of Fire Monkey Glass has also offered his design/art services. Please get in touch with Dr. Shocker please, BohiBoy.

As for Best Dressed Room, WooHoo... No holds barred, unless Otto says so!

Muchos Mahalos All!

Let the 77 days of summer begin! (But who's counting?)

Shell in the Pacific

Since there seems to be quite a bit of people hosting on Friday, I'll host on Saturday.

Saturday: 4:00 to 5:30 pm

However, I don't want to miss Martin's symposium. Since the symposium schedule isn't up yet, this time is subject to change!

Mahalo!

Hi Shell!
Croe67, SkiTiki and I are looking at Friday, 2pm - 3:30pm, to host. A lot of the later times on Friday are already taken, and (as CheekyGirl mentioned) the symposium times are still unknown for Saturday, and it's hard to schedule without that information.

Mahalo!
Myke

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2008-06-06 11:25 ]

R

Count on 3 more for crawling. Happy to visit all host rooms.

K

MoltenMagmaMan and I will be crawling, although we never make it very far even when we are crawling.

Hi Shell, please add 4 to the room crawl. We promise not to be as late as last year!

Is there time to squeeze in our hosting on Friday? Otherwise Saturday?

I'll have special "Zombie Mojo" mugs made for the occasion, (available for a small donation) so I'd like to get in near the start of the crawl if possible. We'll be filling mugs with "Colonel Kent's Zombie Plantation Punch" - a delectable concoction made with rum infused with eye of newt & toe of frog.

Kahuna Kent...

The Friday schedule is pretty tight, there is overlap, but enough time between the overlaps that you can visit all the hosts. I was in that same dilemna -- when do I host? when do I host? I ended up making myself a spreadsheet and as far as I could tell, you can visit all the rooms.

I, personally, am hitting them in this order:

Host #1 Vampiress RN & Carona Contessa (1:00 pm)
Host #2 Croe67 & TikiWine Bear (2:00 pm)
Host #3 WooHoo & Soccer Tiki (3:00 pm)
Host #4 Brenda's Tiki Hut & IsoTiki (4:00 pm)
Host #5 Ed's Gone Tiki & Cindy (5:00 pm)

Of course, some of the fun is the overlap....and I'm sure no one will be offended if you are hosting at the same time.

Good Luck!

Good planning Cheeky!!! I will provide shopping bags for crawlers so we can corral our swag as we drink our way through the rooms. :tiki:

NOTICE TO ALL ROOM HOSTS....email me your posters (jpg file please) and I will place them all on one webpage. Just need to do some cleanup on my site this weekend and then I will post the link. This has Shelley's blessing, and I can update with new posters and room numbers as the info comes in. I'll place a schedule at top of the page too. Hope this will help everyone out. :)

TG

This will be my first Tiki Oasis! I'm a virgin! I've got 2 cohorts with me and I'm quite sure we are all planning to crawl....I hope you all are a nice lot!

thanks for organizing!

TT

The Morbid Room (Trader Tom & Dibroc) are going to host on Saturday night just to be different since there are so many people hosting on Friday. We should be in the same location as last year and the drinks will start flowing at Midnight and continue till the rum is gone!

We'll have a rolling ice chest with....hmmm.....BEER!

and will be crawling here and there for the fun of it.

( that's more rum for yous!!!!

B

i will be chopping during the day and working up a thirst
for the crawl

put down 2 more to crawl

RR

Does anybody know if there is going to be a Chop thread?

M

Mr. & Mrs. Mongoloid will be dragging one leg from room to room.

Poster Website Up. :)

WARNING!!!! I am not a webmaster by any means and still need to do more work on the page, but just wanted to give all the Room Hosts a shout to post their posters here in this thread or send me a jpg via email. I have some placeholders for folks who are hosting but don't know the times yet too.

Please let me know if you need any of your information adjusted. :wink:

http://vampspartypage.homestead.com/Page1.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies