Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies

On 2008-06-04 18:10, kinikilu wrote:
MoltenMagmaMan and I will be crawling, although we never make it very far even when we are crawling.

Kaula Tiki and I usually split a drink and that keeps us upright!

R

Hey TC Kids!! We're hosting Friday nite after 10pm, when a bar needs to be open. I remember the hotel bar closed too early last year......We're also going to try hosting Sat afternoon as well, just because we enjoyed last year so much. I can't believe no one got the hint from my first post of a new bartending gig in Vegas where I have to practice rum drinks......but that's all I can say. See you guys soon!!

Suffering Bimbo and her sis' would like to crawl AND host this year. We were newbies last year, but this year ... watch out! Zombies are our forte!

TikiToddtheSurfGod and his beloved wife Corinna will be in attendance for the crawl. It is our first Crawl and first Tiki Oasis, so be kind...

M

my oh my, I can hardly wait to experience all that is Tiki Oasis!

Count me in! I'll be one of the people with TikiGlam :D

On 2008-06-11 09:03, SufferingBimbo wrote:
Suffering Bimbo and her sis' would like to crawl AND host this year. We were newbies last year, but this year ... watch out! Zombies are our forte!

Are you two related to Suffering Bastard in Maine?

S

We are going to be crawling! Last year was our first year and this year we are coming prepared and bringing the babysitter!! Can't wait!!

T

Hello Shelly!

Please add two newbie crawlers to the list - Greg and Ray.

Driving down from Sylmar to participate in this year's Tiki Oasis. We're both excited to finally have the chance to meet everyone this year. We'll have some terrific art (paintings) to show off as well. See you in August!!

Okay, after much deliberation (day or night? day or night?), I have decided that I will open up my room late Saturday afternoon to all who wish to drop in for a truly unique experience of sampling one of my own Tiki drink creations with a bonus THEME to go along with it!!! Because, frankly, I think a little themed cocktail BEFORE the big Oasis show on Saturday night, will be much appreciated, don't you? Looking forward to seeing you all there. Shell, is there anything else I need to do beside what I've just done? Is there someplace else I'm supposed to sign up to make this official or anything? (PS: It was great meeting you at The Hukilau!)

Dear Tangaroa-Ru,

Thanks for offering to be a Room Host at the Tiki Oasis 08 Room Crawl! When you do decide on the actual time you would like to host on Saturday, (for example 4:00-6:00) or whatever, please post the hour/hours on this thread. I will be monitoring this thread for any new developments. I will add your hosting time to a list that I will be posting on this thread as the event nears.
P.S. I had a great time chatting with you at Hukilau as well, and I am looking forward to seeing you at Oasis, and sampling your concoction!
Mahalo,
Shell

Put me down as a crawler this year, Shell

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 18, 2008 11:15 PM

GROG crawling, stumbling, rolling---whatever it takes. + GROG friend Charlie who is coming out from Texas for the Oasis.

Aloha Shell,

Please put me down as a crawler too!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Look forward to seeing you there and talking Tiki Archeology and record albums.

Sabu

On 2008-06-19 09:19, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Hey Jeff,

Look forward to seeing you there and talking Tiki Archeology and record albums.

Sabu

Me too Sabu!!

One of my favorite memories from Tiki Oasis, when it was in Palm Springs, was hanging out with you, Sven and Mimi googling over all your cool stuff!! What a great time.

See you in a couple months!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

TF

Anybody want to crawl to the pool for a real nice liquid breakfast Saturday mornin'? Look for Tiki Fink, the guy with the creepy Voodoo music. He will fix you right up! Beverage service starts at 8:00 am! Only for the brave!
Go where robots fear to tread.. Have a Rotting Zombie with The Fink!
T.F.

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2008-06-19 18:17 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2008-06-19 18:20 ]

[ Edited by: tiki fink 2008-06-26 06:36 ]

T

TikiRick plus one would like to crawl when not vending

B

BeadTiki is still crawling only with a new partner - her husband (who didn't want to be known as MR BeadTiki): TokenTiki ;-o

H

Please put me down for 2 crawlers, Shell!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 23, 2008 6:35 PM

HUMU!!!!!!!!!!!

Put me down for 6 crawlers. Covering for some Portland peeps who aren't on the board.

tks!

Aloha! The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa would like to room crawl. There are six of us.

Not only do we want to crawl, but we want to play for you as you host a room party! You bet! We'll make ourselves available to perform live at your room party. That’s right! The snazziest Hawaiian musicians you’ve ever seen or heard will show up at your door free of charge and serenade you and your guests while you show off your exotic libations.

Here’s the line-up:
It’ll be myself and Thurston Lavatube the Third on ukuleles, Alana Moana Beach Parks on upright bass, Montyrialoha on guitar, Kanaka Jones on Hawaiian steel, and YOU and ALL YOUR FRIENDS on backing vocals. We cannot guarantee TMMML's presence, that's what makes her so mysterious.

We’re taking reservations now, so don’t delay. This is your chance to get up close and personal with the merry minstrels of aloha, the incomparable Makai Gents! To schedule a time, please send me a private message or e-mail. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Holy Music of the Dead....I'll take ya up on that offer...LIVE music in the hallway and DEAD music in the room...how can I go wrong with that!!! I'll send ya a PM. :)

On 2008-06-23 18:35, GROG wrote:
HUMU!!!!!!!!!!!

I 2nd that! Yeah!

Aloha & Wow!
The Tiki Oasis Room Crawl has just risen to new heights! Muchos Mahalos to Weird Uncle Tiki, the Mai Kai Gents and the Mysterious Miss Manaloa for offering to play and serenade during our Room Crawl Parties! We are so very honored!

Room Crawl Hosts,
Send a shout out to me or Weird Uncle Tiki if you would like the Mai Kai Gents to entertain in your room while you are hosting!

Here is a list of potential Room Hosts and Hosting Times: (Times and Hosts Subject to Change Without Notice!)

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki Friday 3:00-4:30
  2. Vampiress RN & Carona Contessa Friday 1:00-3:00
  3. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki Saturday 4:00-5:30
  4. Dibroc & Trader Tom
  5. Wersmo Derinc & Rebecca Purple Orchid
  6. Tangaroa-Ru Saturday afternoon? Sat. Night?
  7. EdsGoneTiki & Cindy Friday 4:30-6:00
  8. Croe67 & SkiTiki & Tiki Wine Bear Friday 2:00pm to 3:30pm
  9. Brenda's Tiki Hut & Iso Tiki Friday 4:00-5:30
  10. Kahuna Kent
  11. Kosmotiki & Tribe
  12. Rum Shaker Friday after 10:00 PM & Saturday afternoon
  13. Suffering Bimbo & Sis
  14. Tiki Fink, DJ Fri. & Sat. 8:00 AM Poolside

At this point over 113 TCers have indicated their desire to crawl! Nicely Done!

Congratulations to Humuhumu for being or 100th crawler! Go, Humu, go, you swizzle stick on crack! (Just, kidding, and no, I did not coin that phrase!)

I will be updating the first post on this thread with the current Room Hosting Times List,(same as above), so you can check in more easily and efficiently in the future.

Thank you all! I am looking forward to seeing you all at Tiki Oasis 2008!

Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-25 11:46 ]

S

I just realized I didn't leave our names before - Fred and Stacy! And, I would like to add 2 more: Josh and Shelby! Can't wait!!!

Croe67, Skitiki and I will be hosting on Friday from 2:00pm to 3:30pm!!

Aloha!
Myke

Two for crawlin' please. MAHALO!

I think me and Mrs CH will crawl again. Put us down fer 2!

CH

N
Netty posted on Wed, Jun 25, 2008 2:12 PM

Netiki, hubby and 2 friends will be joining in on the room crawl. Can't wait to see everyone again.

West Sac Wahine and I will be attending for our first time this year.

And we'd LOVE to crawl with y'all...

Put us down for two crawlers. Thank You,

Jeff and Megan

Hey Shell! Grace and I will be hosting again this year.......but I'm going to the STORE for ice, instead of depending on the ice machines!

One to host, two to crawl!

Hosting Saturday 3:30-4:00

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-06-27 16:38 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-06-27 17:01 ]

Dear Billy the Crud,
Thank you for offering to host and joining the crawl as well! Please don't forget to pick me up some Pedialyte when you are at the store! You saved my life last year!

To all fellow Room Hosts and Crawlers,
I have been updating the Room Host Schedule on the first post of this thread on pg. 1. We are now up to 149 crawlers!
Mahalo to you all! I am looking forward to seeing all of you at Oasis!
Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

Aloha!
Shell in the Pacific

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-27 17:00 ]

L

Please add the two of us, Len and Tricia, for crawling.

P

I am in as host, and I will be crawling as well. Drink and Time TBA. It will probably be the same drink as the last two years, assuming I can get all the ingredients.

On 2008-07-01 16:51, PiPhiRho wrote:
I am in as host, and I will be crawling as well. Drink and Time TBA. It will probably be the same drink as the last two years, assuming I can get all the ingredients.

Nice! I always enjoy your drinks!

Hey, Nelva, are you doing the Pink Cheeky Monkey again? That was one of my FAVORITES from last year.

Panda, KimtheCanuck and Tikitastic will be crawling again this year...can't wait!!!

Oh I'm crawling and with a + 1.

K

Well, I'm thinking my 5 month old daughter will be crawling by August, so count me in + 4. :wink:

"Wouldn't it be fun to have an official Crawl Mug eventually..."

Maybe this has been done before, but here's a mug sketch for you

(I'm no artist, I usually limit myself to stick figures)
Now all you need to do is find someone to cast up a couple hundred for you :)

A
ahvyna posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 8:06 AM

Crawl x2 please...

H

I will be crawling for sure! So much fun last year!
Until I crawl out of there! We will most likely be 4 people.

I have 2 more friends to crawl....so for me it will be a total of 4 crawlers.

Screw Crawling1
I'm gonna conserve energy and just ride a different crawler to each room!
YEEE-HAWSAH!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Jul 13, 2008 3:58 PM

I just posted this in the main Tiki Oasis forum but I really think this should be a room party and not an official activity of Tiki Oasis

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=26337&forum=17&start=225

I recommend that someone who is interested in it just throw a room party and we let everyone know that it is for singles and post a sign at the door.

Another option is that I have meeting rooms available and it could be in a neutral location but I would not be able to organize anything beyond providing a room with requested amount of chairs and tables and a water station. I cannot provide decor, drinks, signage, etc.

If you know someone who wants to throw this party let me know and i would be glad to talk to them and work out the details,
cheers
Otto
email me directly if you are interested in hosting this party
[email protected]

Tiki Crawl hosts, did you check out the cool fold-up bar posted by CaptnKirk? Folds to 2 inches thick, there's still time to get one made before the crawl.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28851&forum=10&6

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies