Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies

Aloha, Tiki Oasis Room Hosts and Crawlers!

Here is an UPDATED list of potential Room Hosts and Hosting Times: (Times and Hosts Subject to Change Without Notice!)

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki Friday 3:00-4:30
  2. Vampiress RN & Carona Contessa Friday 1:00-3:00
  3. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki Saturday 4:30-6:00
  4. Dibroc & Trader Tom Saturday night at 12 midnight
  5. Wersmo Derinc & Rebecca Purple Orchid Thursday, from 5 to 6 pm
  6. Tangaroa-Ru Saturday afternoon? Sat. Night?
  7. EdsGoneTiki & Cindy Friday 4:30-6:00
  8. Croe67 & SkiTiki & Tiki Wine Bear Friday 2:00pm to 3:30pm
  9. Brenda's Tiki Hut & Iso Tiki Friday 4:00-5:30
  10. Kahuna Kent
  11. Kosmotiki & Tribe
  12. Rum Shaker Friday after 10:00 PM & Saturday afternoon
  13. Suffering Bimbo & Sis
  14. Tiki Fink, DJ Sat. 8:00 AM Poolside
  15. Billy the Crud & Grace Saturday, 3:30-4:30
  16. PiPhiRho
  17. Tikitastic, Forbidden Island, Tai Won On, Dr. Von Zombie, Rum Runner, Notch, KimtheCanuck, Panda, Mai Tai and Coco Loco plus others, 6:00 - 8:00, Room 1849.

It's about that time, Folks. (Time to start thinking about the 2008 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

So, who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

Otto is going to try to help out with the Room Number Question/Delima this year. Otto has told me that he might be able to provide me with a list of names and the room numbers for at least some of the rooms. If people are requesting rooms or suites well in advance, and the hotel is placing them in a specific room, I may be able to get the room numbers in advance from Otto.

Otto also has some sponsorship from Vooddo Rum and VoodooTiki Tequila this year. Vooddo will supply some swag this year that will be used as prizes and appreciation gifts to room hosts.

I have borrowed some of the information that I written in previous year's posts, and I am including it here. (FYI)

A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". At Oasis 2005 we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.

Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.

2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

Other previous post info:

1. Otto is only sponsoring the Room Crawl by donating prizes. The room crawl will not be mentioned/ promoted in any of his literature or e-mails.

2. The only way to find out about the room crawl is on this TC thread. Non TC people will not know about the room crawl unless they are tipped off by TC people.

3. Bottom line, Room Hosts will only serve as many drinks as they wish, to whom they wish (card or no card). Remember it is their party, their room, their decision.

4. The Crawl Card is like your free ticket to participate in the room crawl. In 2006 I handed out at least 100 cards, In 2007 154 people expressed the desire to crawl. In the past I was able to post the card design on TC for crawlers to print out before attending the event, but some people had technical difficulty with the printing. So, I bring a bunch of cards equal to the number of people that post indicating that they wish to crawl. Keep monitoring this thread for more information.

5. As soon as Room Hosts choose the days and times they wish to serve drinks, I will post that information on this thread. Keep checking the thread up until you arrive at the hotel for the latest information on dates and times. This thread is your official link to information about dates and times.

6. I plan to be at Tiki Oasis from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I see it as my responsibility to distribute the crawl cards to everyone I see that has expressed an interest in the crawl.

7. As the event gets closer I will choose a few places and times to meet with you so you can get your crawl card. That information will be posted on this thread as the event nears.

8. Last year one clever room host posted their room number and time for serving on a flyer in the elevators. This was smart since everyone was using the elevators to get to the rooms, so the flyer was hard to miss.

9. In the past I have printed up name badges for the Room Hosts to wear, identifying themselves as Room Hosts. Look for people wearing these badges. A few room hosts have handed out small cards that they designed themselves indicating their room number, day and time they will be pouring drinks. Other Room Hosts have posted signs on their doors indicating when they will be serving. Room Hosts want to get the word out that they are serving drinks. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of purchasing lots of ingredients, turning their room into a bar, and then have no one show up for their party.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them on this thread, or PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shelley

Aloha!
Shell in the Pacific

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-24 16:10 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-25 11:40 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-27 16:17 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-27 16:28 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-06-27 16:46 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-07-04 16:21 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-07-24 20:16 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-07-29 14:28 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-08-04 10:56 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-08-04 11:13 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2008-08-05 16:12 ]

Put Mrs. Lurker and I down for the Crawling please.

WooHoo! Count SoccerTiki and I in: We will Host & Crawl once again this year :)

C

I requested a balcony room looking over the pool/stage but can I find out if I actually got that before the day of check in? I don't want to plan a party room if I don't know ahead of time.

Bless you Shelley for overseeing the crawl. Even though I went to Oasis last year, I never made it on the crawl, so I am looking forward to it this year.

Corona Contessa and I will host this year. We look forward to serving up our "ZOMBINI" from the "VAMPTIKI LOUNGE" so count us in on the crazy room antics. :D

That is 2 to host and 2 to crawl. :tiki:

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2008-06-06 21:03 ]

O
Otto posted on Mon, Mar 31, 2008 11:00 PM

On 2008-03-31 18:50, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

And two of the top drinks from that room crawl drink contest are now on the menu at Forbidden Island!!

M

On 2008-03-31 23:00, Otto wrote:

On 2008-03-31 18:50, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

And two of the top drinks from that room crawl drink contest are now on the menu at Forbidden Island!!

No promises this year! :wink:

Aloha Shell!
Glad to see you are back at it again this year. Please add 2 more crawlers to the list.

If anyone is hosting and needs some extra help in decorating, mixing, supplies, etc, please PM me. I did have an idea that maybe one suite could host the 3 Zombie recipes found in Beachbum Berry's Surfin' Safari - the 1934 version, the 1950 version, and the 1956 version. Since the theme of TO this year is Zombie, being able to taste the differences in these 3 variations could be cool. I thought a larger room, like a suite, could handle the extra crawlers. Anyone interested?

See ya soon. Mahalo, Shelley....
Myke

S

I'll be crawlin'! For sure! Hurray. Can't wait.

Suzanne

J

Put me on the crawler list! Yay!

Count us in, MexicanTiki and I will be crawlin' again this year!

I was born to crawl!

T

On 2008-04-01 12:45, rugbymatt wrote:
I was born to crawl!

Aw crap! If Matt's crawling the rest of us better run so we can get a taste before he arrives! Just kidding luv ya brudda see you in June!

Kaula Tiki and I will be Hosting and Crawling. In keeping with the theme of the Oasis, we will be featuring a new drink:

The "VooDoo Kitty", among other ingredients, it will contain VooDoo & Red Rum, which will wake the dead and make them purr!

On 2008-04-01 11:30, tikiwinebear wrote:

I did have an idea that maybe one suite could host the 3 Zombie recipes found in Beachbum Berry's Surfin' Safari - the 1934 version, the 1950 version, and the 1956 version. Since the theme of TO this year is Zombie, being able to taste the differences in these 3 variations could be cool. I thought a larger room, like a suite, could handle the extra crawlers. Anyone interested?

Damn, can't resist this....reminds me of the Zombie Tasting Contest at one of the Oasis at the Caliente Tropic. I'm down for mixing up a Zombie recipe and passing our samples.

D
dibroc posted on Tue, Apr 1, 2008 7:08 PM

Trader Tom and I will be hosting again this year in the " Morbid" room. TT is working on his new "Zombie"
recipe. 4 more to crawl.
Besure to bring the little ones to the " Kids Chill Out Room" on Saturday

Rebecca and I (Dave) are in to host and crawl. Thank you Shelly for organizing the crawl again this year. We worship you like the tiki goddess you are!

T

At last, the thread I've been waiting for! 2 more to crawl please, Michelle and Nathan. We live in San Diego and went to TO7 on Saturday night. We had a blast and didn't even know about crawling!! Can't wait to participate and meet you all in person :) Oh, we have lime trees!

SK

I too was waiting for this thread since TO7.
Please add 2 more to crawl and thank you for coordinating
this.

[ Edited by: Sofa King 2008-04-03 12:55 ]

U

Shell, please count me in the room crawl too! Thank you!

Hey Shell I can do the cards again this year

B

Motiki and I would love to participate in the crawl - our first!

TL

Please add TikiLion to the crawl!

I
IKABOD posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2008 2:33 PM

Crawler. here.

Aloha Shell!
I would love to open up my room as part of the crawl. I have a cool theme and even a custom drink I'm planning on sharing! So, how do I sign up? I've been to Oasis before, and gone crawling but never did my own room thing. Let me know what I should do to sign up. I probably want to do it on Saturday late afternoon or night. Please let me know what I need to do to make it official.

Tangaroa-Ru,
Thanks for offering to be a Room Host! You just did every thing you need to do to "sign up" to be a Room Host for the Room Crawl. Nice job! All you have to do is indicate your interest in being a Room Host on this thread and post the time and day that you wish to serve drinks from your room. At the event I will provide you with a special name tag that identifies you as a Room Host. As the information trickles in I will compile a list of Room Hosts and their times that they will be serving and post that information on this thread as the event nears. I will also keep a count of prospective crawlers and post that information as well. Just keep monitoring this thread for any new information.
Mahalo for joining in on the fun,
Shelley

SoccerTiki and I will be having our Room Crawl Party on Friday from 3:00 to 4:30

I'll nab Friday afternoon 1pm to 3pm for hosting in my room. I'll be back with the room number when I get it confirmed. :)

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-06-21 17:03 ]

Two more to crawl and host!
Cindy and I plan to host a Room Crawl BIRTHDAY Party! on Friday from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.
Plan on stopping by as we'll be celebrating my Aug.15th birthday with our fellow TC crawlers! :) Stay tuned, more info to come!!

TWO

Dr.Von Zombie, Magnum P.U., and I will be crawlin'. So without takin' off my shoe I come up with...Three??

Dos mas crawlers porfavor!

1 to crawl, Shell!

But since it's Friday, i will not be drinkin' hard.
Gotta save myself for somethin' later......

:wink:
F

"Zazz captivates felt."

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2008-04-14 21:27 ]

Are you singing at Oasis?

Still have nice memories of the Hukilau concert.

C

Tikiwinebear will be hosting in our suite this year - yeah!!!!!

[ Edited by: croe67 2008-05-31 08:05 ]

Mr & Mrs. Tikilands will be crawling as well. Please put 2 down. Thanks for organizing this.

Chief Bartender, Isotiki (and husband), and I will be hosting a room crawl on Friday between 4:00-5:30. (Can't miss VampiressRN's and WooHoo Wahini/Soccer Tiki's crawls! They are wonderful hosts!) We have booked one of the hospitality suites. The first 40 or so folks get a zombie finger puppet. Other shenanigans are being planned.

Oh boy.. weve got some TC'ers here who have had too long a winter or something...

This event is still FOUR months away right?

Better to be prepared I guess. Start freezing your Ice cubes now (LOL)

OK.. who is hosting in 2009? Any Takers for 2010?

:)

Feel the anticipation and excitement... bring it.

Wouldnt it be fun to have an official Crawl Mug eventually...

Each participant buys the mug (something inexpensive) and that mug entitles you to crawl. If you host you automatically get two free mugs. Bring your mug with you from room to room... no wasted plastic cups... no litter... No Official Crawl Mug... no drinks.

Proceeds from the mug are used to offset costs by room hosts.. I would wager that the average room host spends between $70 - $90 to pour drinks for all the thirsty masses.

when you pick up the mug... you get a room and time list?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2008-04-17 08:57 ]

J

On 2008-04-17 08:52, Monkeyman wrote:
Wouldnt it be fun to have an official Crawl Mug eventually...

Each participant buys the mug (something inexpensive) and that mug entitles you to crawl. If you host you automatically get two free mugs. Bring your mug with you from room to room... no wasted plastic cups... no litter... No Official Crawl Mug... no drinks.

Proceeds from the mug are used to offset costs by room hosts.. I would wager that the average room host spends between $70 - $90 to pour drinks for all the thirsty masses.

when you pick up the mug... you get a room and time list?

I think this is a fantastic idea! May be too late to do it this time around, but I'll make sure Otto hears about it for '09!

WooHoo & Brenda...back to back Friday action...looking forward to it!!! :)

I

We am thrilled to be co-hosting with Brenda and chief Bartender. We talked about it last year and what a great way to meet new friends. Brenda and I met at TO-6 on the double decker bus. Cheers!

T

Put me down, two to crawl. I love the mug idea.

Add two more crawlers, thanks! We booked our rooms this afternoon, I'd be a room host but I don't have a "signature" drink of my own...yet :)

I'm looking forward to hosting for the first time this year. We'll be brewing a Zombie Plantation Punch and I'm making a special Zombie Mug especially for Oasis.

Got me knee pads on (that totally doesn't sound right!), so lets crawl!

Please add 2 for us, (me and the hubby SkinnyDog).

Jen

Dan and Wendy Cevola of danlovestikis need to crawl, cards please, see you there and thank you. We will also help VanpiressRN with lifting etc to set up her room for hosting.

TT

Tiki Trav would like to crawl as always with 1 extra... thanks!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 7:02 PM

Trav

Who's the lucky "1 extra"?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 272 replies