Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 456 replies

Wow. Wow WOW wow WOW! I mean, what else is there to say that isn't echoing everything that everyone else has already said? This is among the most brilliantly executed concepts I've seen here, and I've been going through all the older threads to ogle the great creativity on display (as well as steal ideas) as I gear up for my tiki project.

I could write a page on every design element here, but I love, love, love the Hawaiian Islands cove. Blue granite paint with glitter flakes, you say? The mottled, ocean effect is exactly what I need to pull off a concept I have that I don't think anyone else here has done. But day-um, those three-dimensional islands are sweet! I'm very impressed how the bamboo sets it off as a private alcove.

I sincerely hope Mr. Pupu Pants' recovery from his injuries progresses and he is able to make a return. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm curious to hear what ever became of his "Skipping Rocks" short film. I think we own every Madagascar and Penguins DVD available, so I feel I've done my part to keep his brother gainfully employed...

:)

[ Edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2017-05-13 02:34 ]

MR. PANTS IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad to see your post! Hope you have been well. And welcome back.

H

:)

NO WAY!!!! Welcome back Pupu!!!!!!

Can't wait to see some updates from one of the best home bar threads on TC!

I sure hope this isn't just another drive-by pupuing.

He is such a tease!

Thanks very much, Mike and Trav. I really missed you guys and this site.
The picture I posted was just to say I'm still out here and still a huge fan of this site and all of you and your amazing work.

In short, you guys know I had a rough go of things following a car accident some years back. After some ups and downs, there is still some challenge with my injured neck and arm at this point but things have improved a lot - and I've been actively getting things together and ready to finish the Hideaway. :)

I may be posting a little slowly at first (my son, Sean, is getting married in a couple weeks) but will get a lot busier in the bar as we get into summer. Really looking forward to sharing it all with my old friends here at TC. Sorry I haven't contributed anything in a while.
Thanks again, very much, for the welcome back.
John

p.s.- we did have a nice party in there for the first time in a long while (about a month ago) in honor of my brother's latest, The Boss Baby. No Tiki in that movie but we just called it The Boss Baby 'Company Picnic'. :)

[ Edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2017-05-15 14:43 ]

T

GOOD to see you back @ TC (-:

P

Holy Crap!! (see what I did there?)

Welcome Back!!! So awesome to see you back, and hopefully things will continue to improve for you. Too many great ideas in that brain to not be able to execute them and share with everyone.

Paul

Hey John,

Your build is one of the most exciting things on TC. I really look forward to your future posts and I hope that you continue to heal and life gets better for you. You have been an inspiration to us all.

John

Best of luck with the neck and arm (recovering from a knee rebuild a year ago-still!) and can't wait to see more of your top notch work! OGR

H
Hearn posted on Wed, May 17, 2017 5:29 PM

Awesome Work!!! Thanks for getting my created juices flowing.

Thank you very much to all my old friends (and new ones).
You guys make it feel great to be back.
Really excited to share the stuff I'm working on.

Jungle Jeff: Ewwwwwwww! :wink:

Glad to see you back! I have admired your work for years.

J

This made my week.

Welcome back! I have to credit you and your bar project as the reason I quit lurking and joined this site, so Thank You...I think lol.
But anyway, I'm just up in Everett, if you ever need any help with anything, hauling lumber or getting up on a ladder, just let me know!

W

So glad to see you back. This home bar build is what brought me here in the first place so many years ago.

Updates, please!

I'd love to see if the clipper seating area ever came too be. That looked like a perfect addition to the bar.

I hope all is well. I sure could use a shot of Pupu Pants inspiration. :D

J

On 2018-07-22 05:33, uncle trav wrote:
I hope all is well. I sure could use a shot of Pupu Pants inspiration. :D

We all do! (I keep referring to this thread regularly)

W

On 2017-09-18 09:27, uncle trav wrote:
I'd love to see if the clipper seating area ever came too be. That looked like a perfect addition to the bar.

Agree. That was an AMAZING idea.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 456 replies