Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03

Pages: 1 2 3 4 162 replies

C.B. and I are gonna try and make it... We're ok driving our own car, unless there is room on the bus? If we make it c.b. will be a designated driver and 2 more can fit in our corolla (3 if you're really really good friends).

Hey! I want all to go that want to. Futura Girl and CB, thanks for offering you ride if we need it.

I think the flake out rate will work so all can get on the bus. The gal at the company said 'no way' to more than 30. Who knows if we kick the driver down a $20 maybe he'll over look it.

I love ya' all and we're gonna have fun (god damn it!)

S

Aloha Tribe!

Well, so much for my too busy for TC day! I've been giving this some thought and with all due respect to keeping the cost down, I think we will still be able to work within the $20 per person budget.

Here's how it breaks down:

50 person bus at $75 per hour for 6 hours (6:30 pm - 12:30 am) = $450
20 percent tip = $90

Total cost = $540

$540/30 Tiki Riders = $18 per Tiki person

Anymore than 30 riders LOWERS the cost per Tiki person.

$540/35 Tiki Riders = $15.43 per Tiki person

$540/50 Tiki Riders = $10.80 per Tiki person

This seems to make sense (cents!) to me.

I know there are a few folks out there we haven't heard from (it's still early). But it seems to me that the worst case scenario would be $18 per Tiki person which is lower than we intitially thought anyhoo. Much cheaper than a DUI or someone's life! This also keeps us open. However, I would like to impose a deadline for responses if we go with this option.

Bong, your thoughts? Anyone else?

Big bus or small bus - count me in. Size doesn't matter right? At least that's what I keep telling myself...

I like the breakdown Arty. I think what you are saying makes alot of sense. I still have like four other friends that would love to go on the tour. They aren't members of TC but are good Americans none-the-less. I know that there are other people like Sabu that wanted to bring one of his friends that are not in TC. If it's cool with everyone else that these people go, then there is no way that this bigger bus will go to waste. They are really excited to hear the Menuhuens and see the bars. If it comes down to it, I'll buy a bunch of rum for the Lapus to cover them. I'll be at Bong's early anyway to help out with the sauce and to get the band in tune.

I agree Arty. After just talking to Bong, I never ment to impose and bring a huge group of people to his house. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

THAT'S IT BONG
Not going to party with good ol Americans.
No room for new meat.
RASCIST RACSIST what ever
I'm out

Arty,

I think you need to change the name again. Sams is in Sunset Beach which is part of L.A county. Are my facts correct?

p.s. thanks PuP. It has aways been confusing. 310 on the other side of Warner on PCH. Cool!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-03-11 09:46 ]

I was surprised to find out that the OC border goes up and includes Seal Beach, so Sunset Beach and Sam's are safely behind the Orange Curtain!

:tiki:

******** NEWS FLASH *********

Due to the overwhelming demand of this event, we will be meeting at Bamboo Bens shop on Yorktown. In addition, I will call the bus company and see if there's time to get a 50 passenger bus.

Update will follow.

(Baxdog, are you still pouting? I love it when you do that)

S

On 2003-03-11 07:18, RevBambooBen wrote:
Arty,

I think you need to change the name again. Sams is in Sunset Beach which is part of L.A county. Are my facts correct?  

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-03-11 09:46 ]

Ben,

Sunset Beach is part of HB, dude! We are Kings of the World! Thanks for volunteering your shop, Bamboos! Now no one has to hurl on Bong's lawn!

I have a feeling I'll be changing the name on this thang until March 29!!!

Thanks for hooking up the bigger bus Bong. You are a true American. By the way, after we get back to Ben's at the end of the night, I'm still going back to Bong's to throw up on the lawn. I promissed him.

On 2003-03-11 11:05, Luckydesigns wrote:
By the way, after we get back to Ben's at the end of the night, I'm still going back to Bong's to throw up on the lawn. I promissed him.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe I'll join you...

Yo Tiki Freaks!

I got the 50 passenger bus!

So, we meet at Bamboo Bens shop at 712 Yorktown (right off Beach Blvd) in Huntington beach.

Be there about 4:30 cause we leave at 6:30. We'll have a little food and refreshment, then Lucky D's and mine band will play a few tunes. We're a small group so it shouldn't attract HB PD.

I'm holding on the 50 passenger bus. I ain't going for the 100 passenger bus next!

Yorktown is about 2.5 miles north of PCH and about 4 or 5 miles South of the 405.

Alooooooohaaaaaa!

L

Hey, I'm a barfer too! If I go eat at Tuna Town then throw-up, will it be "real" sushi? So the pot luck is at Bongs after the crawl? Yea!

I don't care where you guys hurl as long as it's not near me!

Bong, mahalo for getting the bigger bus. We hold at 50! Also, please add these names back to your list on page 3 (Kimiyo, Seema, Mad Mark).

We will also need confirmations of all the new additions that are in for sure.

I will make changes to the opening page to reflect the 4:30 start time.

Okay, back to work!

Looking foward to this since I missed the SF crawl. PolyPop and the fellas even called me while up north. I was in a wedding that got called off fri night, so I'm thinking "I can still make it!"But the wedding was back on and I was happy for the bride and groom.IT'S ON!

That's what I love about you guys.... the camraderie (sp?).

I can't promise about the HB police. I thought you wanted me to play outta the Marshall stack and really rock the hula!

Just to let you know Bong, I'd like to add my buddy the Chef, his chick, and Lapu's chick. They are absolutely for sure. No flaking out.

Laney, that is disgusting.

T

Laney

It's OK girl, it helps the grass grown greener. Go right ahead and get it up!

See ya there

Trustar

Alohas,
We actually have many of H.B.'s finest that are regulars at the store. A few of them where at the "Gathering" last summer and loved it. Just one thing. Can you all park on the street or behind Wallgreens next door? Cool. (very limited spaces in the Boo parking lot). Looking forward to seeing everyone and fighting you all for a space at each bar we visit! What are you wearing?

S

A Ramones t-shirt. Under a Tiki shirt of course!

Ben & Bong,

Going into "Tribal Council" for about 10 days so I'll be incommunicato for a while. You have my work info so if you need something you can contact me there.

OK I'll come back if I can barf on your front porch.

Hey Are we still potlucking it?

I still have that cute little pouty face.

I wanted to bring Mr. and Mrs. Philips I met them at a medical supply store and they seem real nice. They have a dog named goonter, he can count to 20.

OK I'll come back if I can barf on your front porch.

Hey Are we still potlucking it?

I still have that cute little pouty face.

I wanted to bring Mr. and Mrs. Philips I met them at a medical supply store and they seem real nice. They have a dog named goonter, he can count to 20.

Baxdog & others,

We're still having a pot luck at Ben's store.

Bring any libations you may want and consume them discreetly. I'll be making some drinks, but I was planning on 20 or 30 people, more than that is catering material.

Fun ahead!

Maybe we can come up with some kinda list as to what people want to bring. I don't think anybody wants Bong or Ben shelling out a a bunch of money for booze and food. I'll start; 1 bottle of Whaler's rum. Okay, next...?

A

1/2 Gallon of Bacardi, Hot appetizer.
Mahalo,
Al

Hey Al,

That sound like the Al and Shelly Weak Ass Drink (AASWAD) Modification System (version 4.204472959).

MB

Aloha,
Cool, looks like we are set for a bon voyage' party.
Plates, forks, cups, napkins and tons of ice will be waiting....no worries.
All you Rum Runners need to let me know about the mixes you'd like to stir around, and we'll stock.
Bus=Blast!
Mahalo,
Mrs. Bamboo
Bax...please bring Mr. and Mrs. Philips, they sound so nice and maybe they'll dance for us too.

Mrs B,

I'm gonna make about 3 gallons of Lapu Lapu which is a hell of a lot easier than Mai Tai's and they kick ass and taste great!

Need:

Orange Juice
Sweet & Sour Mix
Trader Vics Passion Fruit Syrup (can get at that liquor warehouse on the South East corner of Adams and Magnolia)

Ahhh, a hang over to remember!

Li's egg rolls will be forthcoming.

Now back to Tribal Council!

We'll bring some OJ(not Simpson) and some snacks. How many gallons, 3+?

I haven't figured it out yet, but I'll bring something as well. Gotta think of something that will come up smoothly and easily...

So it looks like there is a good chance that myself and a few friend will be making it to the first leg of the crawl. Is there any kind of map availabe with a list of the all the stops? The bus sounds fun but a little rich for my blood. I 'll bring a case of water to the party. Yeah, I know not very festive, but put it in a tiki mug and no one will be the wiser. You will thank me later for this contribution.
Chongolio

Sheeez this post is giant & I missed it! Is there still any room left over on the bus? If so, I'll be there - I'll bring a couple of pounds of terriyaki/pineapple shrimp!

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2003-03-14 18:21 ]

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2003-03-14 18:26 ]

Holden,

The bus holds 50 and I'm gonna put your name on it.

PLEASE NOTE ALL - the list for whose gonna go is on page 3. (Holden, I'm dragging along Mr. KC 'Beachdude Inc' Heylin whether he wants to or not!).

Chikitiki, yeah bruddah, 2 or 3 gallons of OJ (not Simpson) are good to go!

SPECIAL NOTE - Me and Lucky Designs little band are practicing hard, but please provide standing ovations for every song or we'll be crushed and probably be serial murderers in a couple of years, so you'll probably want to stay on our good sides!

Anywho, my privates tingle at the thought of this tiki adventure, so - 1, 2 3, TIKI fo you an me!

Aloha and Mahalo from your personal psycho Tiki pal - BONGO!

see y'all at sams!

Hey All!

Sven has accepted Al and mine's offer to be this OC Tiki Crawl's (trumpets please) 'GUEST OF HONOR'.

Let's take care of our man and his wahine as he will be leaving for the Old Country on April 20 and wont be back to the Nude ... er, New World until July 20!

We will shower him with drinks, gifts, and tax-deductable donations fitting our distinguished friend, as we tool our way up and down Pacific Coast Highway with the CHP in hot pursuit!

This should be a real tiki-riffic time!

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, I've adopted your kids!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-18 09:09 ]

If anyone needs to sit during "Happy Hour", bring a chair. We just sold all our bar stools. The 2 left are museum pieces (Whitco's) and will be on display only(on top the bar)! Stand for "Happy Hour" and Sit on the Bus!!! (or the floor!) (we'll vacume!)(sorry, rough day! blahhhhhhh!) (you ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong?)

Mrs S. & I are in there. We'll bring rum & mix. Probably crash at one of the local motels there and drive on back to San Diego the next day. Maybe hit brunch on the way too...whateva.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-03-20 23:51 ]

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-03-20 23:58 ]

Bong, so how are we doing this? Is it pay as you board or do you want the $$$ first?

I've paid for the bus. It's $500 after tax and gratituity etc. So will divide the number of people by $500.

Please note I'm rounding up the the next $5.

Also, $500 just covers us till 11:30. If we want it longer it's $75/hour.

Also, please keep the bus clean (Baxdog) as it's $200 bucks to clean it. Bong would be one pissed-off son-of-a-bitch (sorry mom)if I had to pay that.

Also, I keep the list of those going updated on page 3 of this thread. If you're not going and you're on it, let me know please. If you wanna go, and there's stll seats available, let me know and I'll add your bad self.

Until then, Aloha and may Ku bless you!

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, I've adopted your kids!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-21 10:21 ]

count us in for 3.

Oh Bong, I think you forgot my wifey?

S

ALOHAS!

I'm finally finished with Tribal Council after a gruelling 10 days.

Looks like we've created a MONSTER here! T-shirts too? Amazing!

With Mrs. Chiki and one more addition that came to me straight from hanford_lemoore, we've reached the 50 person capacity on the Tiki Bus.

Bong, please add the last two names:

1. Mrs. Chiki Tiki
  2. Luna

"The tribe has spoken."

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

Aloha,

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-22 16:02 ]

I'm scared!!! Can we meet back at Bongs?

SWJoey - there is a motel right across the street from Bamboo Ben's. Al and Shelley are staying there!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-03-25 00:01 ]

That sounds great! I'll check it out.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 162 replies