Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

Kewl! That guy is unique! I think you made some fine choices. And Man that was quick!

thanks surfin tiki, i actually had it done to this point about a week ago, ive just been to lazy/busy to take a pic of it
:D

A
AKUAE posted on Sun, Jul 27, 2008 5:56 AM

Aloha TikiThomas
great Tiki stuff - i love your work
go on and let rock your Tikis

mahalo
Akuae

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Jul 27, 2008 7:43 AM

Tom-Tom (your new name) - these look amazing. Rock on!!!!!

Looks really nice. Love the combo of culture. Can't wait to see it complete.

akuae, cam-cam, and tikilizard

many thanks! i think ill be done with him today, ill post a pic when im done with the sanding, staining, and painting

finished sealing the moai today, and i finished off the tiki belt puckle, another pendant, and another palm frond base carving. i also scored the mother load for logs, i got a truck load of 22 great palm logs and 2 palms stumps, score!

S

Cool I like! Man love the combo going on NICE WORK!

TD

looks cool!

been workin like a mad dog to get more tikis done and a nother painting done, its still gonna be close, cross your fingers! ill post a pic tonight of my oasis line up

B

Nice job T Thomas, that Palm is not the easiest to get those spirals out of.

while i was uploading my oasis pics i also uploaded pics of my latest works.

here is my new favorite carving of mine "You Finkin' What Im Finkin'?"

he's also hollowed out enough inside to hide a bottle of rum

back view

my signature

i finished that maori moai, i call it "the lava maori moai" this was the first thing i sold at oasis

I finished carving,staining and sealing the Ku. I also sold him at oasis

back view

and i did a new painting
"Bali Hai Stylhaized" play on words, hehe

B

Excellent stuff Tom-Tom, it is great fun to watch your skills blossom and to see your tikis get so GOOD! Keep up the great work.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 4:59 AM

Great work mate! Love the exposed brain on the little monster, ive been toying with a similar idea, and it looks great!

Tiki Thomas, I got your Lava Maori Moai as a gift for a friend. I'm glad I wasn't your only sale. I feel like the Emperor from Stars Wars... almost have my friend (hard core metal freak) turned to the Dark Side. He's planning on turning his garage/pool room into a tiki haven. I thought LMM would be a nice constant reminder to start that project instead of always talking about it. Thanks, I know he's gonna dig it!

benzart,hewey and tiki mango THANKS!

tikimango, glad i could help in converting your friend to the tiki side!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 9:04 PM

Hey Tom-Tom, that "Lava Maori Moai" is great work, and the TFink is cool.

Could you please take a super-close-up shot of those new shoes of yours and post 'em here? (You guys'll see what I mean.)

Thanx.

thanks cam-cam

yeah man once i get ahold of my camera ill take a pic for ya!

not being able to carve in my building is killing me!!!!! ive gone like 2 weeks no chippin' im getting carving withdrawals, im trying to type but ive got the shakes! I NEED to get some small flexcuts and gouges for smaller carving. all you pendant carves have the right idea

Thomas, the reason I left a nice condo with granite counters, (gardeners and a pool) and bought a fixer-upper house, is so that I could carve. The HOA said NO WAY, man. You can always work on stuff over here, if you can make it up. I'm home during the day and am around by 10a. Not being able to carve really sets you back, as far as your progression goes.

Camm i couldnt take a pic of the shoes because i dont have my camera with me, but heres a pic from online. the artist is named Greg "pnut" Galinsky. he does some really radd paintings, i digg

On 2008-09-03 13:50, Billy the Crud wrote:
Thomas, the reason I left a nice condo with granite counters, (gardeners and a pool) and bought a fixer-upper house, is so that I could carve. The HOA said NO WAY, man. You can always work on stuff over here, if you can make it up. I'm home during the day and am around by 10a. Not being able to carve really sets you back, as far as your progression goes.

thanks I appreciate the offer, man. but with my classes schedule for this semester, goin back and forth from sdsu to lemon grove isnt in the books for me. smaller stuff i can carve without leaving my room, or going far is what im aiming for. the good thing though is clint beachwoods station is pretty close to me,so i get my dosage of surf bands every week. maybe he'll let me carve in front of his station, hmm...

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2008 7:50 PM

LOVE those FREAKIN' SHOES MAN!!!!!!

You folks have to see 'em up close, they're 60's hipster Tiki designs mixed with mod art and people with really long necks. They're the coolest shoes ever. I worship those shoes.

They have sole.

some new stuff...

as you may have seen in babalus thread,im workin on a mug to go with the dunk tiki bob mug

heres a tiki shirt design/album art/sticker design i did for a outerspace/sci-fi surf band from ohio called atomic johnny. They also hired me to carve these for them too, soo once i get some work done on them ill post

and it occurred to me that i never posted this picture of me from when i was in france

I hear a moan in the background...maybe she wants to see the mag too!!! GREAT PIC

T

Great mug design! He looks very happy!

B

Looking good, Thomas! Like the mug!

...Atomic...Johnny...must..destroy...

So were you in the Louvre after it closed or somthing? There was a mosh pit in front of Mona Lisa when I went!

Bowana

Wow! Your work looks great in every medium. The Louvre pic is great. Someone could have lots of fun photoshopping all sorts of stuff into the background.
A new issue of Tiki Magazine would make me oblivious to what is happening around me too. :D

vamp,bigt,bowana, and savage daddy thanks!

bowana, no it was a mosh pit when i was there too, but i shoved my way to the front, and had my friend take the picture. I was surprised how well it turned out, only one other person snuck into the shot, but other than that it turned out good.

carved this little guy really quick today. another palm frawn tiki

and my graphic design/tiki/art website is almost done, but for now i have a lovely coming soon page up . check it out

http://www.screamingtiki.com

[ Edited by: tikithomas08 2008-09-07 01:45 ]

B

Screaming tiki web site looks like it is gonna be a Killer! Nice stuff and this tiki is Just as nice.

mahalo benzzz

made the poster for the creepy tiki art show

i also finished carving a 4 foot marq but havent had a chance to take a pic

new 4' marquesan almost done

B

COOL! The Marq has got SOME Teeth, Nice job.

thanks benzzz!

B

Very nice, great work.

Benjamin.

Excellent! I like the slight tilt his head has. I t makes him seem alive. 8)

thanks benella and savage daddy!

Ahhhhh yeah, LOVE those Marqs. Way Nice job!

B
BigToe posted on Tue, Oct 7, 2008 2:33 PM

duuuuuude,

those marquesans r lookin tight!

hope the show goes well this weekend...sorry i'm gonna miss it!

alohas, t

surfin tiki and bigtoe

thanks dooods, and no worries toe

Cool Tom! I'm working on a Marq too.

B

hey tt
that guys looks great!
i have been wanting to burn a tiki but i keep wusin out

thanks hodad and buzzard!

buzzard go for it and burn baby burn! if you torch it too much you can always sand it off

Great looking Marq, Thomas! Is it finished yet?

not yet... ive been distracted with carving a new lono

havent done much carving lately, but hes a painting im working on

inspired by the sci-fi classic "this island earth"

measures 48''x60''
the ufos were going tio be beaming up tikis, and in the thought bubble it will say "tiki?"

still a work in progress!

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies