Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

TD

I like it!

thanks duddy

havent posted in a while, so heres a carving done and an in prog for a new tiki

finally got the beatnik fink carved and painted! fully equipped with marquesan bongos!

bongo detail

side view

also got the carving done for another maori moa, gonna do the same red and black colorscheme on this guy

S

I have been missing your posts some how?

Man I'm really digging the marquesan.

BD

sweet! loove the beatnik. reminds me of toooo many nights years ago when i actually play music. the maori is very cool.

bd

Moari Moai looks great as is!

And the Beatnik tiki, I think you've been hanging around Billy too much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thomas!
Great job on the beatnik with the Marq drums!
the maorimoai looks great as is so far!
Spiffy AND Chippy!
:lol:

seeks, big daddy, 4wd, and llt, thanks doods! ill be sure to post pics of the moai once i finish it up

havent posted in a while, but now that ive gotten some work done i can post up. here are my latest tikis that i had at the nooner on sunday

finished up the marquesan

got the little lono all finished, and finished a new maori

i still need to take a picture of the fink shoe

S

Some classy work! man the big marquesan is
a handsome fella.

thanks seeks!

BD

nice work, specially the marq. really like him.

bd

thanks big daddy

B

hey tt
nice work on the chops

thanks buzzard

Pretty kool stuff,those tiki chops look like a lot of fun.
Watango

havent carved in a while, but made it up to Hunington Beach today to carve couple of tiki faces in still rooted logs

the customer wanted the same tiki face carved tiwce, so there is a marquesan in the back yard

and his brother in the front

this was my first time carving queen palm, and i was surprised at how much better it was than i thought it would be. The fan palm s still better in my book, but it was interesting carving something different

B

Nice Marq's Tiki Thomas. That Queen looks different from ours out here and in ours the center turns to mush in a few short months but can be cleaned out leaving a hard shell which is very carvable.

thanks Benz, yeah that was the impression i was under too,but the owners had other queen palm logs that had been cut and drying on the side of their house for 2 years and when i checked them out they were pretty consistent like fan palm.

Make sure you seal the top of that palm asap or it will rot out on you really fast.

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies