Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

OC Beach Burn IV-August 8th, 2009 Huntington Beach-Surf City USA!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

WooooHooo! It's 5:15am we are off to the Beach to get a spot. See you all later :)

T

Soccer tiki just texted me from the beach where he is holding the firepit . He says that they are at lifeguard tower 15 . Look for the EZ UP with the flourescent sign .Were leaving to head down there now !

JB

Where woo-hoo and soccer t goes
Fun follows
Thanks for putting together another fun time.

WooHooo! What a Day..I think by far, this was the best burn ever. Mahalo to Everyone who came and for all your Yummy Treats, Beverages, and Wood. An extra Mahalo to Tiki Ray, Spermy, Hula Mama's Dave, Tiki Trader, PiphiRho, and SoccerTiki (this years champion) for the tikis.

SoccerTiki's Tiki

Tiki-Ray's Tiki

Hula Momma Dave's Tiki

PiPhiRho's Tiki

Spermy's Tiki

Now for the moment you've been waiting for....Tiki Drum Roll Please...
Let those Tikis BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

WoooHooo! See you next year :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-08-09 09:48 ]

My first beach burn ever , and one word describes it all -"awesome".
Mahalos go out to Woohoo and Soccers for all their efforts and getting up
at the crack dawn to save the best spot on the beach, as well all the the
food and queing it up with the dogs.Unfortunately in the midst all the
excitement I forgot my camera, however plenty of great pics to be seen.
Great to see everyone,and look forward to seeing all of you at Tiki Oasis
in one week .

Cheers-Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-08-09 13:12 ]

I am now a groupie of Tiki Ray too.

Who the hell is this old fart?
Another homeless guy crashing the party.

What a great tiki day!!! Here are the pix I got....

Thanx to Chris & Karen:

A special moment shared between Tiki Ray and Tiki Bong...

The Peters Gang:

The newlyweds...

Hey, check out my new artwork...

Tiki monkeys?

JB
T

Many thanks to all who showed up and contributed to the event . Every year gets better . But the most thanks should go to Chris and Karen who got there at 5:30 am and claimed a fire pit to be used 14 hrs later . They also spent a small fortune on hot dogs , condiments , plates etc to feed the masses .
That video was amazing as well . I just thought that I should hollow out a cheap tiki and throw it in to get the halloween pumpkin effect . I had no idea that the tiki would flare up so well with giant flames leaping from the head , mouth and eyes . It inspires me to do something better next year . What a great burn !

great time indeed,
so watching the tikis burn.

thanks to everybody, but especially soccer and woohoo, and tiki ray for da kind grubs.

yes I did bring some chips,(2kinds) last minute liquor store shopping.
JP didn't bring anything but booze.
then ran out 1 hour later.
:o
ha ha ha

Jeff(btd)

We tried but my weekend job denied.

( 12x12 tiki hut/bar build in 2.5 daze busta moves, pics soon)

How was the water?

Thanks again Soccer & Woohoo!! Great photos everyone that was a fun day!

Looks like a great time! Maybe next year I'll be in town so I can actually come to this party! See you all in San Diego!

PLAN ONE NEXT TIME A LITTLE LESS CLOSE TO OASIS
and I'll show up!

great Pix!
looks like you kids were a'warming up for OASIS!
:)
i wanna Tiki ray groupie tee!

On 2009-08-10 09:16, little lost tiki wrote:
PLAN ONE NEXT TIME A LITTLE LESS CLOSE TO OASIS
and I'll show up!

great Pix!
looks like you kids were a'warming up for OASIS!
:)
i wanna Tiki ray groupie tee!

Ok LLT....You figure a way to move International Tiki Day from the 2nd Saturday of August and we'll do it! (It's only been that way since 2003!) :P

HM

Thank you WooHoo and SoccerTiki for planning this and getting to the beach before the crack of dawn! Dave and I had an amazing day! Good friends, good food and some pretty cool tikis!!

WooHooo! Mark it on Your Calendars... The OC Beach Burn V will take place this year on Saturday, August 14 in Huntington Beach. Watch for more details soon :)

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2010-05-04 11:13 ]

I look forward to it Woohoo and a wooooohooooo to you !

WOOOOOOHOOOOO indeed
Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-04 12:47 ]

R

Ah, The OC Beach Burn. The surf, the sand, the sun, the rum, the bike crashes. I can't wait.

start building up yer tan and booze tolerance now.
:o

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-04 22:37 ]

August 14th Rules!!! I had something else planned on the other date. Good Job !!!

T

Im hoping someone else can carve the big burn tiki. Im out of commision this year . Put the pressure on C'Al, Kirby, Polynesiac etc. Just hollow out a crap piece of palm and carve like doing a pumpkin. What looks good burning ?

DZ

On 2009-06-25 18:06, Doctor Z wrote:
Hey - How 'bout making a new thread for the 2009 Burn? 90% of this thread is old news (it's hard to tell if someone is going this year or already went last year unless you look closely at the date of the post..), and the title is totally confusing (August 8, 2009 - Pictures on page 5! Huh??)

:-?

Just my 2-cents...

Makin' the same suggestion this year: New thread please?

On 2010-05-04 16:02, Doctor Z wrote:

Hey - How 'bout making a new thread for the 2009 Burn? 90% of this thread is old news (it's hard to tell if someone is going this year or already went last year unless you look closely at the date of the post..), and the title is totally confusing (August 8, 2009 - Pictures on page 5! Huh??)

Just my 2-cents...

Just my 2-cents...

Just my 2-cents...

On 2010-05-04 16:12, The Sperm Whale wrote:

Just my 2-cents...

Dude you sound like a broken record..........he he eh he ehe ehehe

Just my 2-cents...

Just my 2-cents...

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record because I really have had way too much beer for that. he he

R

Just my 2-cents...

So, Z-
Just because you got what you wished for last year, you just assume that you will get it again this yeah, eh? I guess you just figured that since it happened once, it will be a tradition, like "christmas cookies" at Mom's house. Well I don't know. Maybe if someone of a "high standing" were to ask. Like maybe, Captain Kneepads?

Here you go Dr. Z : http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36364&forum=17&0

You owe us Jello Shots this Year :wink:

DZ

On 2010-05-04 16:17, Riptide wrote:

Just my 2-cents...

So, Z-
Just because you got what you wished for last year, you just assume that you will get it again this yeah, eh? I guess you just figured that since it happened once, it will be a tradition, like "christmas cookies" at Mom's house. Well I don't know. Maybe if someone of a "high standing" were to ask. Like maybe, Captain Kneepads?

Sorry, there, Mr. Tide - I didn't get what I 'wished' for last year, hence the reason for asking again this year.

Doh!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies