Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Can't sleep...araghhhh!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

That revenge lady is cuuuurazy...LOL. All week I have been waking up around 1am...get up watch TV...go back to bed at 1:30am...then wake up again at 3am and do the same for half an hour. Then I wake up just before the 5am alarm clock. On the weekends it is nap city for me...pisses me off as it is a good waste of my time off, but I am exhausted from this delightful insomnia. SIGH!!!

Maybe it's that little strip of white above the closet??

On 2008-12-25 10:37, RevBambooBen wrote:
Maybe it's that little strip of white above the closet??

Nice lid. Yep. I think it's that white strip staring at you all night that's waking you up. Bamboozle it.

Ben!!! That is the ceiling I want in my lounge, with a little tapa mixed in. I already have a ceiling fan almost identical to that one (with the light), so I am part way there. With the economy the way it is though, probably won't have the dough till 2010, but I am sure a group of us Sac folks could coordinate some projects for ya by then. Must be nice though to have that ceiling to wake up to.

I have resorted to taking 1 Excedrin PM some evenings, it seems to help a little, but tonight I might take 2 and see if it works better. Ahhh...better living through chemistry!!!

13 users browsing at 2 am. That's a lot of white ceilings.

[ Edited by: bettybleu 2008-12-27 09:35 ]

W

I think it's just people who are logged in but not actually here. Or some of our global partners. Or robots. Real people aren't actually browsing at 4 Am Pacific, that's just crazy. Unless they're up checking for UFO activity. Which wouldn't be crazy at all.

um isnt it like 4AM now

Then there is a corrolation between tiki collecting and insomnia, you must send me your tikis immediately and you'll sleep soundly hereafter.

I generally sleep fine, but to prevent any chance of future problems sleepin' I decided to heed naugatiki's advice and send alla my tikis his way. To save postage I decide to reduce their weight by first burnin' 'em all to lightweight charcoal and ash...

And while the fire was ragin' I busted up all the mugs into small bits to save space. I'll get the whole mess...I mean collection...boxed up tomorrow and send 'em off on Monday.

On 2008-12-28 00:30, woofmutt wrote:
I generally sleep fine, but to prevent any chance of future problems sleepin' I decided to heed naugatiki's advice and send alla my tikis his way. To save postage I decide to reduce their weight by first burnin' 'em all to lightweight charcoal and ash...

And while the fire was ragin' I busted up all the mugs into small bits to save space. I'll get the whole mess...I mean collection...boxed up tomorrow and send 'em off on Monday.

My physician Dr. Somnambula informs me that only intact tikis with remove the spell. Much like removing lava rocks brought curses to Hawaiian tourists who took them from the islands. I’m afraid the broken tikis have released their mana in the Seattle sky, more snow will fall next week along with a city wide Starbucks buzz that will last late into the night.

We should call this thread the 2:30am Club.
Here is another twist...my tiny, beautiful, loving wife...snores like a Canadian logger. Dang, the sounds she can make are not of this world, the dog finally gave up and went down stairs to sleep. The worse is, she stops...and then starts again 10 min later, RIGHT before I fall asleep. I have tried moving her onto her side, nose strips, that spray...
My son's home visiting and a buddy came with him so the guest room and the sewing room are full...next couch we buy is going to be big enough to sleep on, this one is 1 foot too short. Too cold in the camper...ah heck there is plenty of Christmas goodies to eat...

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-12-31 03:16 ]

sounds like somebody needs to get that jaw align mouth piece that opens up the back of the throat to breath better.

as for me, its funny how when I was in high school I could have the radio on all night and sleep soundly.
last night I left it on, and slept like hell.
ugh, I gotta get ready and leave for Kona for NYE show in 2 hours.
I'm gonna be beat tired later.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

"...its funny how when I was in high school I could have the radio on all night and sleep soundly.
last night I left it on, and slept like hell."

Most of today's bands are only on the radio because they sold their souls to Satan. You slept like hell because the music sounds like hell because it comes from Hell.

Well I think I have a cure for my sleeplessness. I got a new job. I'm a carpenter for the City of Los Angeles. I never saw myself working for the government but...it's good werk if ya can find it!
I now work at the biggest Turd Farm west of the Mississippi, only a few blocks from the Purple Orchid. Steady pay, great bennies, 9/80 so I get every other Friday off. It's a slide from here to retirement in 10 years or so.
So why am I up at 1:30 am? It will take a while.

ok usually I can sleep pretty good,
at 10 pm I was ready to fall asleep.
but I hadnt been on the comp for awhile.
now I am wide awake, and wondering how tired will I be tomorrow at the 3 tiki events in LA.
off to toss and turn.
g-nite.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

sleepy heads. everyone else suddenly achieved bladder control and peace in the universe and sleeping well?

Maybe it was too much "guy" food, Tri-tip, burgers, 5 different chips and 7 different dips, Ceviche, beer and so much more, or maybe it was the best game I've seen in years, perhaps the friends and company, the precious time with my son...Well whatever it was, I am up at 2:30 again.
Ah heck! it's worth it

I hear ya on the eating too much.
I went to a super bowl gumbo party,
and had 2 different kinds of spicy gumbo, jumbalia and dirty rice,
beer, rum and absinthe.
needless to say I woke up at 2 am with horrible heartburn and had to sit up awhile and wait for it to settle down.

so technically I was tired and could sleep,
but I couldn't sleep or I would get bad acid reflux laying down.

good times,
:wink:
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-02-02 21:14, bigtikidude wrote:
...needless to say I woke up at 2 am with horrible heartburn and had to sit up awhile and wait for it to settle down.

so technically I was tired and could sleep,
but I couldn't sleep or I would get bad acid reflux laying down.

good times,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is prophecy, had way too many Carnitas tacos tonight, they came back to haunt me at 2:00am now I'm sitting here waiting for the Tums to kick in...want to sleep but cannot lay down. Ah...isn't getting older fun?

On 2009-03-02 13:15, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Related News Story

Yahoo! News: With the Economy Down, Sleeplessness Is Up

Ya think!?!

It's 3:49am, or is it? Dang Time change!! Doesn't matter, still up too early.

Seems like when I am awake, all I can think about is "I'd rather be asleep." I try to take a good nap on the weekends, it does seem to help me catch up, but I feel like I drag all week. The most annoying thing is that there are no good TV shows on in the middle of the night when I wake up. Someone needs to start a decent Insomniac Channel that shows something half-way entertaining for us zombies.

Well here we go again, 1:15 in the morning and I have to be up at 4, tomorrow is gonna suck.
Getting caught up on TiKi Central, wish I could have made the Nooner at Bens...

a solid 6 would be really nice!

ughhhhh....

woo hoo!! 11 to 5. got my 6 and roarin' to go!

I just read back that I was up at the last time change, mmm I think I see a pattern.
Up since midnight, gotta get up at 4. I can only get 3 more hours...this sucks.

Ay ya ya...up three times last night watching craaap on tv for an hour...I'm soooo burned out...now I have a migraine so not gonna make it to work. I hate to call in sick!!! Damned insomnia. :(

H

ACME has many products available to help you sleep;
ACME sledge hammer, anvil, falling piano and boulder are very effective.

Need the Acme sledge hammer!!!

"Sleep...I detest those little slices of death" spoken like a true speed freak. For some reason, I get my best sleep at work. BTW...alcohol does not promote good sleep (unless you consider passing out sleep). Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

On 2009-11-10 02:37, VampiressRN wrote:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Well you are named after a vampire and they're suppose to be awake at night,you might try changing your name to sloth and see if it improves.

LOL I am a sloth during the daytime. :wink:

The surfing wabbit was cute!!! One sheep...two sheep...three sheep...four...

On 2009-11-12 02:05, VampiressRN wrote:
The surfing wabbit was cute!!!

?????

More Bilge entertainment for the sleepless... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34542&forum=13&1

Why are we still tortured with Billy Mays infomercials...please let him RIP...and stop making my ears bleed. I am so looking forward to this...

Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) wants the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to act—against loud commercials. Her "Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act' has just cleared a subcommittee and now moves to the full House Energy and Commerce committee for a vote.

The bill is only a couple hundred words long. It directs the FCC to come up with regulations so that:

• Advertisements accompanying such video programming shall not be excessively noisy or strident
  • Such advertisements shall not be presented at modulation levels substantially higher than the program material that such advertisements accompany
  • The average maximum loudness of such advertisements shall not be substantially higher than the average maximum loudness of the program material that such advertisements accompany

According to Eshoo, "Most Americans are not overjoyed to watch television commercials, but they are willing to tolerate them to sustain free over-the-air television. What annoys all of us is the sudden increase of volume when commercials are aired… This legislation will reduce the volume of commercials in order to bring them to same level as the programs they accompany."

Entering into new era of sleeplessness, a new baby in the house. It's all good. Just awake...

Bob I was up, we should have chatted. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 0100, unloaded the kiln, glazed a few items, put them in the kiln & started it, then went back to bed at 0300 to toss & turn some more.

Thank gawd there is a Monk marathon on. I am hoping to at least get 2 or 3 hours of sleep tonight. Finally got my new laptop (Xmas gifty from the Mother Unit) powered up and it is very nice indeed...the Solitaire program is beautiful...I need to learn how to play Free Cell sometime. Thanks for listening to my ridiculous blathering...hope your eyes and ears aren't hemorrhaging. Wondering why that Excedrin pm isn't working tonight. sigh

Marlene, I'm up too - call me :)

B

Watch out for that Freecell - it's addictive! When I can't sleep I sit in the dark at my computer (because my husband is usually asleep on the couch next to me) and play this VERY addictive card game called Jewel Quest Solitaire which I downloaded a couple of years ago. I'll probably STILL be playing it in 20 years! Sheesh! If you like solitaire and you like the jewel quest games this is THE game for you! As a bonus, although the "theme" is more South American than Polynesian, there ARE some Tikis on some of the cards! AND you can have that rythmic jungle drum music going on in the background too (that lasts for about 2 minutes before you're racing to turn the damn thing off!) Hope you all sleep better tonight! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We really should have an insomniac's convention on SHOUT!!!

Of course the nights I want to stay up to watch a decent TV show is when I nod off. Apparently there is some relationship with crappy TV and eyes-wide-open. I'm getting carpal tunnel from being on the computer all day at work and all night at home. I think I am the only person that wears a user spot on their touch pad. I do have a Tiki Solitaire on my old laptop, it is cute (with the looped music) but the cards are too small...I don't need eye strain...LOL. At least my new Solitaire game tells me when all options are played out so I don't waste time on that virtual de ja vu.

Happy slumber to all of you. :)

...and I'm posting to myself again. sigh

Vamp, did you see this? One man's fight against the injustice of insomnia.

3 fin am!!! agaian...........

Ben you gotta force yerself to stay up later.
and not go to bed at 7 or 8 pm.

Jeff(btd)

Yes...read the Ambian chronicles....funny stuff.

I was so looking forward to having the last 3 day weekend off to get some major things done around the house...but as usual, I spent one day sleeping. Catching up is good.

Dayum...alarm set for 5am....but oh noooooooo, I wake up a 4am and can't go back to sleep. :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies