Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Can't sleep...araghhhh!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 18, 2010 4:52 AM

GROG up.

Damned heartburn!

Oh frikken AAAAAAA. I am toastily slumbering in deep sleep land for an hour and the "low battery" screeching beep starts going off on the smoke alarm in my master suite...12 foot ceilings, I can't reach it. Sumbuddy puleeeeeeez save me from myself!!! I hope I can sleep the rest of the night away in my guest bedroom...that is after I watch some stupid TV to get tired again...waaaaaaaaaa!!!

:lol: I had a helicopter crop dusting the lettuce field across the road from my house at 3am! :lol:

B

On 2010-02-18 04:43, VampiressRN wrote:
Yes...read the Ambian chronicles....funny stuff.

I was so looking forward to having the last 3 day weekend off to get some major things done around the house...but as usual, I spent one day sleeping. Catching up is good.

Dayum...alarm set for 5am....but oh noooooooo, I wake up a 4am and can't go back to sleep. :(

How the HELL do those alarms know to go off in the middle of the night?! I can't recall mine EVER going off in the middle of the day or ANY time I'm awake! My favorite was waking up to my then-baby daughter screaming in terror because the one in her room was beeping. And they wonder why there are never any batteries in the smoke detectors at homes that burn down!

I really need to load my gun....cause I coulda shot that sucka last night. Luckily a pitiful email to my handyman has resolved the issue...until the next fiasco. Too funny bead....yeah they don't go off before a fire sometimes. My Mom almost got stuck in a fire in her canyon in Lakeside, Ca a couple of years ago. The Firemen nearly broke her door down to get her out and no alarm ever went off.

I was so exhausted today...I always get a Starbucks Vente Latte on my way to work...so this evening when I get in my car to come home I moved the cup and it was almost full....what the hecka!!! I must have really been spaced out driving this morning.

Excedrin PM tonight and counting sheep.

Vamp, where are you?

Went to bed at 10 and tossed & turned for 3 hours. Finally got up and worked on my new Jade Maori Mug for a while, now it's time to try to sleep again. SIGH

I am pulling some late hours tonight MDM, but think I missed ya.....

Sorry I missed ya MadDog....great old movie on now..."On the Treshold of Space" about men trying to fly high and do land speed exercises. 1956...always loved how the guys wore their belt lines half way up their chest.

Why do women change things that do not need changing, We went from a blanket, or two to a comforter. A fluffy, pillowly, light weight comforter. Only...it's not. Comfortable that is, it won't tuck in, so that means it ends up over my head and I was smothering while my feet froze. I got a little sleep last night but mostly I was wrestling this blasted white cloud. (Did I mention it makes a ton of noise, think 80's parka jackets) To add to it, it was daylight savings time which is from the pit of hell. I get up at 4AM but tomorrow, it's up at 3... The couch looks good tonight. ARGGGH!!

Are ya still fighting with the comforter BB? I hate those velor blankets that slip off the bed. Then there are the satin comforters or spreads that also end up sliding all over. Give me good old cotton quilts and high quality sheets. Toss in some sleep and ya hot it made.

We got satin sheets and a satin comforter for our wedding (it was back in the 80s), couldn't keep the damned things on the bed! Now we use flannel in the winter, not near as "sensual" but much snugglier :D

For crying Pete's sake...seriously?

4 o 7 .......

Hubby had a shift change at work (used to work from noon to 8:30 pm - now he's up at 4:30 a.m and gets home by 3) - soooo, I'm up at 4:30 now and can't get to sleep until after midnight. No wonder my body aches. And I quit imbibing in my usual "sleep aide" so it's even tougher to stay asleep.

Went to bed at 10:00, tossed and turned until 12:30. Took a Lunesta and worked on the Ponds thread. Now it's 3:45, guess I'll try the bed again :(

Zombieville!!!

Mon - Fri up at 4:00am, Saturday comes around and I can sleep in and what happens? KILLER headache wakes me up at 4:10 am.
Crap!

I hate it when I work an extra day so now I only have Sunday off but here I am up in the frikken middle of the night...ARGH!!! As usual there ain't nuthin' decent on TV...lot's of beer commercials though, moving to the recorded show mode...thank goodness. I hope I can at least get an extra day off this week to make a long holiday weekend. I'm veklempted...talk amongst yourselves...here is the subject...halloween costumes...discuss!!!

W

I was just think about Halloween costumes the other day and am pretty sure I don't feel like bothering this year. The man significance of this decision is I can throw out the black lipstick and eyeliner pencil in my medicine cabinet. Or maybe I'll keep it just to puzzle any guests who are medicine cabinet snoops.

Just started an Ezekiel and the Wheel(s) when i got to the studio at 5:30....
Can't seem to stop.
Been painting away the hours
Have to work tomorrow.
Arrrrrgh!

3:11

3:42am

4;34

4:52, but hey, I am at work trying not to sleep!

1:35 pm
at work
and just too much work
to get any sleeping done....

ARRRGH!

Sometimes I lie awake at night and wonder where the years have gone. They have all passed under sleep's dark and silent gate.

Good one PTD...maybe we should start a thread on "slipping into a coma but should be alert....the world needs more lerts"

That mode is especially annoying when I am at a big meeting in a warm room and my eyes are trying to roll back in their sockets and my neck forgets to support my head after a night of insomnia!!!

Too much caffeine yesterday....didn't make it to bed till 1:30am and up by 4:30am...I will be a dragon today.

Join the crowd......

TK

i have no idea about this. sleep like a baby. sorry ya'll. guess its clean living...ROFLMAO!!!!

Here too! I guess we are the nocturnals!

Me too, I've been creating a tiki-ish place for all of my new acquisitions from TO X. I'm having a party to show off my stuff.

Hey BambooBen, I'm in need of some bamboo trim. Care to help a brudda out? I need about 50 feet of the stuff.

arrrkpunk, pppppppft. can't breath.
sick.

no sick days. fever.

yaaaack! sniff.

L

can u say temazapam? aka resterol? 30 mgs will knock you flat... the disclaimer is a riot... as you may do things you may not remember doing including having sex! LOL! (hey at my age i'd at least like to remember it) so far i've only been caught sleep eating oatmeal cookies right out of the cookie jar... yep caught with my hand in the cookie jar and i barely remember it!

Trying L-Tryptophan 500mg caps. I don't have a problem falling asleep.

Just Staying asleep!

Ben we can switch jobs, I get up at 4:00

Me, I sleep like a baby - I wake up every hour and cry :)

Kicked out of bed...coughing.

and coughing

coughing

L

stress stress stress

oh and throw in some worry

and some sadness

no sleep for me tonight...2am seems early but thats what I said at 11pm...I will look forward to the sunrise today :(

Up a hour early...went to bed 2 hours late.
Good start to a week with 4 hours sleep.

Hey Ben...how did that L-Tryptophan work for ya?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies