Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Can't sleep...araghhhh!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

L

isn't that the stuff in turkey legs??

ARGH!!!!!

On 2010-09-27 05:38, VampiressRN wrote:
Hey Ben...how did that L-Tryptophan work for ya?

it worked but got the runs really bad. So, i'm back on the ughhh.

Hey Ben...how did that L-Tryptophan work for ya?

it worked but got the runs really bad.

That's a bad combination!

Note to self...avoid L-Tryptophan!!!

Well, going to bed didn't work...hmmmm...what to do...what to do...

That was a delightful 1 1/2 hour of sleep...now what!!!!

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Oct 13, 2010 3:24 AM

John Coltrane's music helps me sleep...

ARGH!!!!

Took a nap...now I'm up again...for goodness sakes!!!

slept all night for the last 2.

not sure why but it worked!

maube the hump got broke.

hope so....

L

@ VampiressRN what about melatonin? that might work... but i'm telling ya get yourself some temazapam aka resterol... problem is with that stuff you're apt to do things you don't remember... like sleep eating... i literally got caught with my hand in the cookie jar stuffing cookies in my mouth... and believe it or not one of the warnings is "you may have sex and not remember it" LOL! hey at my age if i have sex i'd like to at least remember it!

I would like to avoid drugs that cause the following:

SIDE-EFFECTS = you should know that some people who took medications for sleep got out of bed and drove their cars, prepared and ate food, had sex, made phone calls, or were involved in other activities while partially asleep. After they woke up, these people were usually unable to remember what they had done. Call your doctor right away if you find out that you have been driving or doing anything else while you were sleeping.

YIKES!!!

There is crap on TV...grrrrrr.

L

i think those side effects are rare... melatonin is a natural sleep inducer however

Damn mosquitos!
I got like 10 bites on me...

scratching, keep hearing them in my ears...

Buzzy Out!

W

"scratching, keep hearing them in my ears..."

That's one of the most common symptoms when kicking bottled water. But once your deep unconscious understands that tap water is OK to drink most the symptoms (itching, buzzing sounds in the ears, "missing identical twin" delusions, desires to gnaw on table legs and rolling pins, "screaming polka dots" and "laughing lines" visual hallucinations, Wampiposki Syndrome, delusions of awesomeness, hip sway and ass shaking, cotton nostrils, et cetera) usually disappear. Except for the hip swaying and ass shaking.

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-11-04 04:58 after he realized he wrote Wimple Syndrome when he meant Wampiposki Syndrome. ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-11-04 04:58 ]

A "Get to sleep in Sunday" and I can't sleep. In bed at 11pm, up 3 1/2 later.
Out of milk, so no bowl of cereal, everything else is either too sweet or to savory, don't want to cook anything...
Just opened my "Your Social Security Statement" sez I have to wait till 66 years old (2022) to retire, and 15 years later, SS funds will be exhausted.
Yeah, that helps the sleep.

I'm sleeping tonight!!!!

how'd that work out for ya Ben?

I went to sleep at 4 am on sat night after the Swank Bastards show,
and the Damn pool pump woke me up at 9 am.
grrrrrr

Jeff(btd)

That whole "extra hour of sleep" from Daylight Savings time is a crock! It's been a week and I still wake up at 5am every morning instead of 6. I LOSE an hour every night instead of gaining an hour last Sunday.

TK

i have had a whole week of no sleep. on the flipping midnight shift and the stupid time change has my bio clock all squirrly. HArumph.

I'm so tired of not sleeping...I doubt I will make it to work tomorrow and I rarely call in sick, but I am EYES WIDE OPEN and burned out from the insanity of insomnia!

1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep......blue sheep........

On 2010-11-14 17:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
I'm sleeping tonight!!!!

Eat too much, drink too much, party too much...sleep very little.
What's up with that?

KRIIIIIISTE...sleep would be nice right now!!!

I can fall asleep fine,
but I think my blood pressure is affecting me.
my head starts to hurt, and I need to flip flop every half hour or so.
And I can only lay down for about 6 ours or so,before I have to get up.
because it feels like my head is going to Pop!!
So I wake up feeling tired.
:(

Jeff(btd)

Arghh! here we go again. Have a 4 am call and...nothing, was in bed by 10 but flipped and flopped and I am as wide awake as can be, can't take anything, too late, so we sit and watch the clock.
I could hardly stay awake driving home...
crap.

Good thing today is Sunday...been up since 3am...hope I can fall asleep again around 6am...gonna waste another day sleeping...CRAP!!!!

Don't work Friday, get to sleep in,something goes bump in the night, wakes the wife and I up; startled...dogs didn't hear it, kids didn't hear it, no cars driving away, neighborhood is always quiet as anything...look over the house, go outside...freezing, in the low 30's, (going to lose some plants!) So what woke us up???
Now I am wide awake...

How can such a beautiful woman like my wife, snore like that?
I've got to be up in 3 1/2 hours.
Monday sucks this week.

Monday DOES suck!
just got done with a visit with Squids and BigToe here at the studio
and we finished off a whole pot of LLT-blend STRONG coffee
and now i gotta get up at 6:30...
uh oh....

Alarm set for 5am......why oh why do I wake up so many times at 4:30am....ripped off for 30 minutes (plus the other time I was awake during the night), someone shoot me please!!!

Sick again, can't breath, coughing, sniffing, aches...now can't sleep. No sick days so in 3 hours and 40 min, I have to go to work. FML...

Bummer Bob...hope you feel better. I am hoping I can at least log 3 hours of sleep tonight...sigh...another awake marathon!!!

tried ambian woke up both nights with a slight buzz. but, found this gem .......

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/2197443710.html

went to bed last night at 11 pm,
woke up at 1:15 am with horrible heartburn.
nothing worse than wanting to sleep.
but having to sit up and let your stomach settle down,
before you can go to bed again.
I kept nodding off.
but I don't sleep well sitting in a recliner.
I need to lay down flat on my side.
I finally hit it at 3:30 am.
I guess that's what I get for having some pizza, a coke, and a brownie at 9pm.
duh!!!

Jeff(btd)

At least this is a new one...toothache!

Bummer on the toothache...hope you are better. I contracted a nasty respiratory virus so bronchitis is winning out making be hack my head off all night. Two days in and hear this lasts about 3 weeks. Had to cancel my vacation and a couple of parties I had planned. DAMNITALL!!! Needless to say, my sleeping is a mess as usual.

Daylight savings time is a missive straight from the pit of HELL!!!
First night, clock says; 9pm, my body says; wanta bet? However, if I don't go to bed now, I still get up at 4am, (3am if you know what I mean) so I am going to be tired tomorrow no matter what.
Sucks!!!!

Went across the border tonight to a Brazilian steakhouse. All the meat you can eat for 139 pesos, about $11 - Parmesan Cheese Crusted Pork Loin, PicaƱa, Top Sirloin, Spanish Chorizo, Skirt Steak, Fillet Mignon, Beef Fillet with Cheese, Lemon Fillet, Mustard Fillet, Garlic Fillet, BBQ Ribs, Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast, Marinated Chicken Legs, Beef Tongue, and I can't remember what else! They just kept bringing it out on big swords full of meat and slicing off as much as you want. It was all SO GOOD!!!

So why is this in the "Can't sleep...araghhhh!" thread? I must have eaten at least 3 lbs of meat and I can't sleep! :lol:

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 20, 2011 6:11 AM

GROG ate too much, and too late last evening ---damned heartburn!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-03-20 06:18 ]

well I haven't had too much heartburn issues lately.
Been pretty good about not eating too late, or too much spicy food.

But I have been waking up a lot to flip flop, from my arms and neck hurting,
or to blow my nose(plugged up and can't breath).

and there is still that damn getting up to pee a few times.
would be great to sleep thru the night, without waking up for one thing or another.

Jeff(btd)

From the Comedy Central Gene Simmons Roast:
When Gene was young, all he wanted to do was, "Rock and Roll All Night, and Party Every Day!".

Now he sleeps every day and pees all night.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies