Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Frankie's Tiki Room Wednesdays In Las Vegas!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

The Pugs, Inky and I propose that Wednesday nights are the designated weekly night for TC folks to meet up at Frankie's Tiki Room. Does 7pm sound good?

Sounds great! I'm in...

...eventually. :)

That's great! When we go to Vegas in April we will be flying in Wednesday morning. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Sounds like a plan! My liver and I (and Tikipug) will be there!

Well, now I HAVE TO make sure that the next time I'm visiting Vegas it's on a Wednesday! I'd be a whacked wahine to miss out on a chance to hang with The Pugs, The Smiley's and other fun Sin City TC people. Hey, this is kind of cool, because we Angelenos do the same thing on Wednesdays at the Tiki Ti. Awwww. We should all text each other from our respective tropical bar perches that night! See you Tiki lovin' cuties soon. -- Kari

P

i won't be making it tonight. there's no way in hell i'd drive anywhere tonight. too many people who are just discovering what "snow" is.

my backyard:

M

Not coming!?!? But today is a historic day! It is the first time it has snowed for and Tiki Central Wednesday event--right?

Besides, it is mostly rain now!

P

not at my house. it's now turned into falling trees. another one in my yard just went down. CRAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!

On 2008-12-17 20:09, pdrake wrote:

not at my house. it's now turned into falling trees. another one in my yard just went down. CRAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!

PD,

Rained all day here in so cal and it's on it's way to you.

49 in HB. 32 in Vegas?

If you go to Frankies later tonight you might have a chance

of getting Snowed In ( there)!!!

O

We're planning to be there next Wednsday after we visit the Aku Aku in Sunset Park that afternoon.
They have a tradition at the Tiki Ti of toasting Ray Buen. How about the same for Eli next week?
Where is the other Aku Aku BTW? I'd sure like to know?

T

We'll be there at 7:00pm next week. C-ya there

On 2008-12-19 04:29, Ojaitimo wrote:
We're planning to be there next Wednsday after we visit the Aku Aku in Sunset Park that afternoon.
They have a tradition at the Tiki Ti of toasting Ray Buen. How about the same for Eli next week?

An Eli toast sounds great! (no butter please!)
We probably won't make it because family is in town and I may be working, but OJ, what time are you planning on being there? From when to when?

A
aku76 posted on Sun, Dec 21, 2008 7:28 PM

I'll be there starting the next week (I gotta be with my daughter on Christmas Eve!).

Bring lots of singles for the best jukebox in the country!

O

On 2008-12-21 11:39, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2008-12-19 04:29, Ojaitimo wrote:

An Eli toast sounds great! (no butter please!)
We probably won't make it because family is in town and I may be working, but OJ, what time are you planning on being there? From when to when?

6pm-9pm

M

The Holidays are over. Inky and I should be there about 7:30! zazz!

I'm thirsty!

M

Sick-can't make it tonight.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2009-01-14 22:18 ]

A

we were wondering where you and inky were. feel better for next week!

I guess we'll just have to fly in next Wednesday,

-Rev

T

Mrs. Pug and I will be there tonight at 6:30ish. Be there or be square.

T

See everyone at 6:30 for some Rum Scum

M

I'm thirsty!

i and my wife will be in town drinkin at frankies monday 6pm any other people going? i'll hope to be also going on the wednesday aswell the wife states no itinerary i'll be in my hawaiian shirt .

M

Pdrake- are you still snowed in? See you next weds at 8pm or so.

J

Okay, so I know it's not a Wednesday, and this is kinda early notice, but ... I'll be in Vegas March 22-24 and would love to see my Vegas pals and Frankie's while I'm there! Smiley, Inky, Perry, Tiki Lee, anyone else I know that I'm forgeting? Anyone else gonna be in town at the same time? Not sure what my exact itinerary is yet, as I'll be meeting up with some non-tiki folks too while there, but I think late afternoons are probably going to work best for me. Let me know if you want to meet up and we'll figure out the best time(s) when we get closer to the date.
Mahalo!

P
pdrake posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2009 6:36 PM

i'll try hard to make it. been doing some major cleaning and moving around my house. finally decided to clear out my spare room and make it a workshop. that and a few other ordinary life issues have been hindering my frankie's time and consumption.

P Drake,

Missed you last Mon.

Amy even showed up for a while.

Maybe again in the future........

T

Disregard previous message. We will be there with friends in tow around 6:30

[ Edited by: tikipug 2009-02-04 17:50 ]

TofuJoe and I will be a day late (but, hopefully, not a dollar short)!

Hey make it out tomorrow night (or this Saturday, or this Sunday - haven't quite locked down the schedule yet) and raise a mug with us, uh? :D

M

On 2009-01-28 21:56, brokeassbuilder wrote:
i and my wife will be in town drinkin at frankies monday 6pm any other people going? i'll hope to be also going on the wednesday aswell the wife states no itinerary i'll be in my hawaiian shirt .

Sorry we missed you!

hi guys sorry to have missed you all we got there a day late we did all things we shouldnt have done like try to walk !!!there!!!! from the flamingo we got as far as the street it was on just to tired and to fearful for our lives to catch the bus going up towards frankies as it was already twilight so we caught the closest cab to freemont and tried for wensday that failing thursday mid afternoon we arrived gleeful like a wee school girl iwas this is my wife myself josh aka brokeassbuilder
my favorite paintings the girl behind me and the frankies bar painting

M

Glad you could make it.
PS-Paranoid 123--sorry we missed you ,too!
Pdrake, We should be there about 8pm tommorrow!

T

We can't make it tonight. Staci is leading a seminar and I'm under the weather. See y'all next week.

S

I know it's a ways away, but I'm planning on being there on Monday April 13
after Viva Las Vegas is over. Not sure if it will be daytime or night,
but maybe night is better to be able to meet up with some folks?
I'll post closer to the day.
Wheee
speaking of Viva, any tiki folk going?
Hope to see some of ya there!
Pea

Mr. Tikigoddess and I are going to VLV and we plan on hitting Frankies for sure!!! Cant wait!!

sweetpea-I'll be there that monday after vlv-sounds fun

gonna be there from sunday night ( all the way from Edmonton Alberta Canada)
probably mon-tues-and wednesday too !
cant wait !
anybody know how much a cab is from the convention centre?

I will be in Vegas the 24th through the 27th so I will be at Vics then Frankies on Tuesday the 24th then hopefully at Frankies on the 25th. Looking forward to seeing the Pugs and the Smiley's again.

T

On 2009-02-14 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:
I will be in Vegas the 24th through the 27th so I will be at Vics then Frankies on Tuesday the 24th then hopefully at Frankies on the 25th. Looking forward to seeing the Pugs and the Smiley's again.

Matt...the 24-27 of this month?

On 2009-02-10 20:52, mrsmiley wrote:
Glad you could make it.
PS-Paranoid 123--sorry we missed you ,too!
Pdrake, We should be there about 8pm tommorrow!

Mr Smiley,

No problem! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up with you guys. Did get to go to Frankie's on our own. It's a great place!!!

We will have to toast Leroy's recovery and Martiki's "change" tommorrow. I am thirsty.

On 2009-02-15 15:02, TikiPug wrote:

On 2009-02-14 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:

Matt...the 24-27 of this month?

That's a roger! I get in next Tuesday the 24th. Is Wednesday night the best time to hit Frankies? I have a 5:00 meeting on Thursday and I may get stuck going to dinner with colleagues that night. I am flying home Friday morning.

M

On 2009-02-17 22:21, mrsmiley wrote:
We will have to toast Leroy's recovery and Martiki's "change" tommorrow. I am thirsty.

I am still a boy.

That's reassuring, Martiki!

M

On 2009-02-18 16:31, martiki wrote:

On 2009-02-17 22:21, mrsmiley wrote:

I am still a boy.

A short and sweet toast was made for both of you.

Did P Drake show up yet or is he still snowed in?

Pics people!!!

Pics!!

not all of us live there.....

all right I have pictures of this Past wednesday !
So the story goes the MACIC convention ( garment thing not houdini) was going strong all day and PIN UP clothing had a party at FRANKIES! that night ....met some great people as you will see and even a few from this forum,AKU 76 thanks for the memories of SCTV and the tips on good albums.enjoy the photos!

that MASUMI MAX and a BIRTHDAY GIRL!

ME ( TIKIVILLE ) and Masumi Max!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies