Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CLOSING NIGHT SAT. 04/18! TONIGHT! Kona tiki art show sat. feb. 28 salute to the swordfish!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

Whata kool Event man the Art WERK was Crazy Awsum Posum . Realy rad seeing Everyone , kids had a great time too . CHEERS EVERYONE !

any more of those Pillows my kids would love um .

What a fun time we had!! Picked up a few trinkets, had a few cocktails and caught up with everyone. Nice!

The art was great! We looked over and over at everything-wanted all of it!

I got an awesome tile pendant necklace from Stacey Morris/Happy Chi Jewelry...matches my tiki watch. Love it!!

SO glad I can spend my Summer weekends here!!

here are some pics a friend took.
me playing some so so band
:wink:

look who showed up, does anybody remember this person?

some of the cool art that night:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

B
BigToe posted on Thu, Mar 5, 2009 5:52 PM

MORE PICS!!!

MAhalos to everyone for coming out and supporting Kona and us artists!!!

I got some fun pics the night of the show,

check out the gallery here:

Koa Art Show Pictures

T

BIG

F*CKIN

T O E !!!!!

R

lol! it's fitting this be a real late post, considering I got to Kona's with 30 mins to spare!

Anyhow here are the pics i snapped that night (pardon if any are doubled!)

B

Thanks Raves! great photos as always!

XO

t

--

it's like a rainbow crapped on my koala

cool pics,
man there was some great art there that night.
as always, wish I could have bought 1 piece from everyone.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-12 21:23 ]

it's like a rainbow crapped on my koala

:lol:

hey we can look at all the swordfish art on Monday march 16th for the
1st day Of "Don the Beachcombers"

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Aloha everybody!

Just wanted to update everyone about the Kona Art show.

I spoke to Chuck at DON THE BEACHCOMBER (yay!) and he wants to keep the show up until the night of the Tikiyaki performance/Tiki Magazine release party on April 18th!

So the show will stay up past it's original end date of this weekend, which will give people more time to check it out, plus, one last hurrah as people coming for the Tikiyaki show can see the INCREDIBLE artwork in the show one last time! And buy, Buy, BUY!

Mahalo!
Eric

cool

did they ever set up some kind of sign saying that the art was over there?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Hey jeff! Yeah, I made a couple of signs directing people to the Candle Room. They were up the last time I was there!

M

I'm so glad to hear this!

Tiki Chick: A Tiki Noob's Travels

Tobunga-"Swordfish by night" is just about the damn coolest picture I've ever seen! It's got all the spirit and enchantment of a black velvet. It really brings me to another place and time...and I'm not even that old!

T

On 2009-03-27 18:06, kahalakruzer wrote:
Tobunga-"Swordfish by night" is just about the damn coolest picture I've ever seen! It's got all the spirit and enchantment of a black velvet. It really brings me to another place and time...and I'm not even that old!

Aloha kahalakruzer! Glad you like! I was actually very excited that the piece turned out so well. I've been inspired by the success of this piece that I've been working on a whole bunch of pencil on black paper drawings... I'll be posting them soon, so stay tuned!

Mahalo!

last time to see, or buy the art is Sat.
correct?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

On 2009-04-15 20:34, bigtikidude wrote:
last time to see, or buy the art is Sat.
correct?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes! The Sam's/Kona art show closes on Saturday the 18th! So tomorrow night is the last time to check out the art work in this setting!

Some of the pieces may still be available at Don's, sorting that out now...

If you're coming to the Tikiyaki/Tiki Magazine event, stop by the Candle Room at Don's!

M
mieko posted on Fri, Apr 17, 2009 1:59 PM

I'll be there celebrating my birthday! See you all there!!!

Tonight?!

no now that its after midnight,
its tonight, the 18th.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Yep, TONIGHT!

Don's opens at 4pm, so you can come early, check out the art show, then head on back to the Hidden Village for the Tikiyaki performance and Tiki Magazine release event!

I'm totally blowing it right now! I booked a trip to Catalina tomorrow early for my girlfriend's birthday, so I'm missing out on this! HUGE bummer.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies