Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Tiki Mug Tax Day Trade Off

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

Once again, I was showered with gifts from my trader. A big mahalo to Leleliz for all of this:

Sorry about the poor photo quality. It's all great stuff and not a single thing that I already had!

[ Edited by: Brandomoai 2010-05-31 20:32 ]

Arrgh! For some reason, these images won't save the right way up, but after a few zombies, you might be able to tell which mugs I got!

Some new Tiki Farm gems to add to my collection. I also got the new Samoan War Club Swizzle.
Thanks Easter Island Elvis!

I wish my trader would check in...I'm starting to get a little nervous!

PTD

CJ

On 2009-04-15 10:03, ukutiki wrote:
Yesterday I received my goodie box from Coco Joe and it had a lot of good stuff. First was a green Kon Tiki mug from Tiki Farm (my first mug from TF). Also included was an Elwood Funko Tiki Shriner figurine, a lighter with bottle opener from Tiki-Ti (Coco Joe took the time to Google me and found out I also collect bottle openers and corkscrews), 3 swizzle sticks, a Good Luck matchbook, a dinner napkin from Trader Vic's, plus business cards from Bosko and 8Ball. I gotta start rearranging my shelves :). Thanks muchos, CJ.

I'm so glad you like your stuff. I've always been a huge fan of the Fu Man Shu's thank YOU so much

L

Brandomoai I totally forgot what I sent besides the mug..lol.

I am glad you liked everything and it was all new to you.

Hope tax day treats you right.

Great trades so far everyone...keep the pics a comin!

Z

Woo hoo!! I come home from a tiring day at work to find a package on my doorstep!!!

Ah, the heady thrill of tiki-sploitation films.

...and to add to the excellent-ness, my 2 ebay buys show up on the same day!!!!

Tiki smiles on me today. Time to do the happy ohana dance...

Many Mahalos to my swap person! Didn't have your name on the box, so just Mahalo!

~Zero

i recieved my goodies the other day......IM STOKED.....

a cool frankie"s mug.....
i had this on my list for the next trip to vegas

cool swizzles from and matches fom frankie"s
perfect for lighting the tiki torches.....

a cool maikai gents sticker....

and a nice note from tikipug....

a big thanks to you for the goodies

you cant get fun like this just anywhere!

My haul from Tikimeplus3.

A sweet wooden hawaiian tiki mug with handle, a Shag sticker, picks, and matchbooks from Hawaiian Eye, House of Lono, Matson lines (looks like steamship lines), and Canlis.
Thanks Tikime!

I got my box from Closettiki and waited until Easter (Island) Sunday to open it!

Look at all that tiki goodness! Check out the island made journal and the tasty chocolate mac nuts!! Yum!!

And look at these KAHIKI swizzles!! Two different colors!!

A Stockton Islander bucket mug!! and a Tiki Farm sticker!!

AND...a Warehouse mug!!! I've been looking for one of those!! WOW!!! And a set of 4 plastic shots-very handy!

This is my first mug trade and I am SO happy!!! Thank you so much for all the goodies and not one, but TWO mugs!!! Closettiki rocks!!

:drink:

Tacky Tiki

The Lava Lounge...deep in the heart of the Enchanted Canna Forest!
Too many tiki projects...not enough time!!

[ Edited by: Tacky Tiki 2009-04-15 20:52 ]

LT

I received some great gifts from Kahalakruzer...

The Box...

• Nicely Done!

The Gifts...
Let's see, we have:

• A Hula Hips circular from the Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel.
  • Two Tiki Farm Samoan War Club Swizzles.
  • A very cool JimmyC Pendant of Cook Island Tiki with his Surfboard
  • A Tiki Farm Bamboo Mug - something I've been looking for and hadn't been able to find!
  • And, a Reyn Spooner drink holder which I now need to pair up with a can of Primo.

A couple of close-ups of the pendant...

Let's see what's in Hula Hips today...

Learn how to Hula!

Learn how to have a Luau!

Recipes for your Luau!

TC Gossip!!?? (Don't tell Bai!)

Uh oh - Coconut gets around!

More Hula lessons...

Learn how to dress yourself while in Hawaii...

And we reach the end...

Great stuff! Thanks again Kahala! :drink: :tiki: :drink:

Received my trade from Slacks Ferret today!

Lots of cool stuff was sent.

A cool pair of mugs; a double-faced stacker and a big brown guy.

An Asian character, Beachcomber tiki, and umbrella picks.

A molded clay face and red lei.

Lastly, a foam tiki pattern and a set of silicone hibiscus coasters!

Thanks a lot for the all the varied booty!

B

Well, this is fun huh! I came home from work today and there was this marvelous little tiki tin waiting for me on my door step from tikitee...you the man TikiTee...thank you very much Sir.

I scored these 4 great little TikiTee shot glasses - yes!

and if that wasn't enough...there was 3 great tee shirts in there for me too - YAY! They fit - how'ed he do that? Anyway, Thanks again Brian, I'm a very happy camper tonight. :)

Sideshow Bob went all the way. Yeah for Bob!
From consumption to presentation and all the way to the lazy after dinner toothpick.

A Benihana Samurai Helmet, Tiki Farm Hawaiian Lono, S&P Shakers and Toothpick holder, Swizzles, Umbrellas, and, of course, booze.
Thanks for so many prezzies!

T

:( Well my package wasn't here when I came home last night. But, there was a slip from the PO to stop in and sign for it.. Hopefully I'll have it after work today. :D :D I can't wait to get to work and get the day over with.. Just to have it in my grubby little hands.. :lol: This is sooooooooooooo much fun! Nice work everyone.

Babalu was on time with his mailing, I'm a day late with this post! Just got back into town and am very glad to show how nice Babalu was to me:

A Trader Vic's menu from London, a large mug from Trader Dick's, an original pen and water color drawing by Babalu as well as a ceramic ornament. Very cool!

GT

I received a Very well done package, And all the goodies inside are very cool, I didn't have these mugs or swizzle sticks, The card and the postcards are all Great!, Thanks a bunch! ( Scott ) Dusty Cajun, This is all ways fun! Cheers my friend! Gogo and Dani

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2009-04-16 14:43 ]

Finally got Mr. Pug to download and edit the pictures.

I was very excited to find this wonderfully decorated box on my front door step last week.

Zero Tiki didn't now this, be he sent me a bonus.

Zero packed the box not with peanuts, but with plastic grocery store bags. And we use those to clean up our dogs poop so it was a nice extra.

Finally the real goodies...

What an awesome box of stuff. The Mr. and I loved everything. Thanx so much for the generosity.

T

OK, :o: The package was picked up today at our local post office. I was so excited to open the box. :D The first thing out of the box was a nice little note from my trader Brandomoai. Then a nice collection of swizzles and then not one but two great mugs. I've never seen anything wrapped so tight in my life. They were wrapped with so much saran wrap I thought It would take me all night to get see what they were.. :lol: I was actually laughing out loud and there was no one here but me.. So here goes, a nice Daga Hawaii surfer mug, a really nice Canadian Ming Wah Co peanut mug.. And 13 Swizzles. Yes I'm happy, happy, happy.

Thanks Brandomoai, after all that work unwrapping the mugs I need to make me a nice Mai Tai and use one of these great swizzle sticks..
Can't wait till the next one..

T

I was the unlucky one to have Go Tiki as my secret santa :) j/k

I was sooooo stoked to receive 2 Go Tiki mugs and a bunch of swizzle and other drink goodies.

On 2009-04-16 14:40, GO TIKI wrote:
I didn't have these mugs or swizzle sticks, The card and the postcards are all Great!

Gogo,

Glad you liked the package and did not have the mugs. There should be a Mai Kai matchbook tucked in with the Mystery Drink Girl postcard.

DC

I got a notice from the post office to pick up a parcel tomorrow, so either my sex toys have arrived from Latvia or my mug swap is finally here. Now I have to wait a whole day to find out - I knew I shouldn't have gone to work today.

Z

Zero Tiki didn't know this, but he sent me a bonus.

Zero packed the box not with peanuts, but with plastic grocery store bags. And we use those to clean up our dog's poop so it was a nice extra.

Finally the real goodies...

What an awesome box of stuff. The Mr. and I loved everything. Thanx so much for the generosity.

I'm glad I could help cut down on the poopiness in your and the Mr's lives...I do what I can. I notice you found the secret message behind the Trader Vic's napkin. I wrote that, then worried that some postal tikiphile might abscond with your goodies, so I covered it. Of course, the box itself was kind of a giveaway anyhow...

Glad you enjoyed the package!
~Zero

T

Confirmed my package is also at the Post Office! Picking it up tomorrow, pictures soon!

This arrived the other day from Caffeinated:

Includes a nice R-3 (in a dark brown that I didn't yet have) and an Orchids of Hawaii Fu Manchu mug (also didn't have one of these...just a Dynasty knock-off version). Also got some cool swizzle sticks, including a glass red dragon swizzle that will go great with the Fu Manchu mug. And... check out the cool pineapple dish. Love it.

Thanks Caff!

Picked up my package at the post office today.

It's from KuKu.

Swizzles: Trader Vic's parrot, menehune and signature tiki, Forbidden Island (I was hoping someone would send me one) and two Accoutrements, plus a "The Tikis" coaster.

Awesome three faced bucket mug from Mark Thomas' Outrigger. I love it.

No Mai Tai for kitty.

That's okay, he'd rather play with the packing.

Many thanks, KuKu (and Rick)

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Apr 18, 2009 10:21 AM

I'm relieved you got that box OK there Sweet Daddy cuz I was starting to wonder as I mailed it 2 weeks ago. Glad you like the stuff...

Well I got my package last Monday from Tiki Kate and I knew I would get somthing I did not already have.

And sure enough she checked my Ooga-Mooga account wishlist and WHALLA, a Tiki Farm Squid Screwed Up Skull plus a Don's Mai Tai Bar coaster and 6 swzzles, all of which I did not have. 3 Oceanic Arts, a Hukilau, a Kona Kai and a Diamond Head Yacht & Country Club.

Very nice Thanks Kate! Good Job Rick!

I think next time we trade, I'm gonna limit my Ooga-Mooga wishlist to just Shag, Munktiki and Bosko mugs... :wink:

On 2009-04-15 16:07, Tiki Royale wrote:
Just got home and found my tax-day surprise waiting.
Big mahaloz to my trader, not sure who you are... there was no name on the box or inside.

Here's the diggs: Libby's tiki mug; Big Hawaiian Luau CD; groovy Don Ho Show reel-to-reel; Typee by Herman Melville and a Hale-Tiki swizzle.

Woo hoo, can't wait to do it again!

Aloha,
:tiki:

I'm really glad it arrived on time, due to a shoulder surgery i was forced to procrastinate.

Cheers
ST

On 2009-04-15 18:49, ZeroTiki wrote:
Woo hoo!! I come home from a tiring day at work to find a package on my doorstep!!!

Ah, the heady thrill of tiki-sploitation films.

...and to add to the excellent-ness, my 2 ebay buys show up on the same day!!!!

Tiki smiles on me today. Time to do the happy ohana dance...

Many Mahalos to my swap person! Didn't have your name on the box, so just Mahalo!

~Zero

I'm glad they arrived barely on time.

Sorry for sloppy box with no artiness, my left hand index finger is broke and my Right arm is in a chicken wing sling, aloha!

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2009-04-18 18:17 ]

T

An embarrassment of riches from Psycho Tiki D! Thank you so very very much for the perfect additions to my collection!

First up swizzles picks & matches

A great note & love the picture!

Hula Girl, Earring mug & Mr. Peanut all from the Stockton Islander!

And OMG a beautiful Islander scorpion bowl

I'm overwhelmed & extremely grateful thank you so very much Duane!

Beth

On 2009-04-19 15:55, Tikisgrl wrote:
An embarrassment of riches from Psycho Tiki D! Thank you so very very much for the perfect additions to my collection!

First up swizzles picks & matches

A great note & love the picture!

Hula Girl, Earring mug & Mr. Peanut all from the Stockton Islander!

And OMG a beautiful Islander scorpion bowl

I'm overwhelmed & extremely grateful thank you so very much Duane!

Beth

Luckyyyyyyy!

L

SO is everyone accounted for? Any unsung tales of waiting for tki woe to hear?

If not I say this swap was a great success and I think we should have another one sometime before the Christmas swap. But we should make the inclusion of rum a mandatory requirement....and chocolate too... :wink:

Thanks again Rick for organizing this!

R

I received these cool items from Miss Monk-II,
Trader Dick's Moai Mug, Frankie's Tiki Room Swizzle Sticks, Postcard and Bearded Clam Mug.

Thanks!

When does the next trade start!!!

I'm all for another trade before Christmas-maybe an end of summer trade?

But are we done with this one? Isn't Tikiracer still waiting? And did Duane get his second box? Weren't there some folks from back east still waiting?? It seems like we had tons of signups, but I don't think everyone has posted....or maybe they backed out for personal reasons??

Can't wait til the next trade. Chocolate in the summer is bad, rum in the summer is good! (Rum anytime is good!)

Tacky

Oh no, it's not over.

I haven't posted my trade yet. I'm waiting on a digital camera since mine broke, had to borrow one. Plus I know there's a lot more that need to be posted.

Also, I think this is the last trade I'm going to organize. I'll be happy to pass the torch onto someone, but I think I'm going to bow out. The original idea was to get folks together by trading mugs. The first time it was about 20 people, then after that it's really grown. It's alot of work, and I need to toss in the towel.

Can't wait to see more pics..

Cheers!

Rick

Boggie,

Sorry to hear that you are retiring. Thanks for everything, it has been great fun. Really appreciate all of your hard work. The kids are going to miss that name match out of the hat!

DC

My $350.00 digital camera has stopped working after 1 year so I cannot post pix.

Thank you to my swappers!

Bogie,

Thank you for your years of mug swap service, very appreciated!!

ST

On 2009-04-21 07:58, Bogielocks wrote:
Oh no, it's not over.

Also, I think this is the last trade I'm going to organize. I'll be happy to pass the torch onto someone, but I think I'm going to bow out. The original idea was to get folks together by trading mugs. The first time it was about 20 people, then after that it's really grown. It's alot of work, and I need to toss in the towel.

Well I would be happy to take over organizing for the next trade! I was thinking something this summer! Any ideas?
Debbiedotikito

I still have to post mine. My camera is P.O.S.! Has anyone received anything from me?

Bogie and Silverline, thanks for the great stuff, didn't have it, glad to have it!
Sorry no pix this time as per my earlier post.

ST

We can't let the trade die!!! Let's see if we can pull together and keep this going!!

What event or date in Polynesian history is there in August or September? I'll see if I can locate something and maybe we need to start a new thread to organize. Then there is the holiday/Christmas trade...

Looking forward to seeing what else everyone got!

Sneakytiki-do you or a friend have an Iphone or Blackberry you can take pictures with? That's what I resorted to, since I can't get the pictures off my camera and onto the computer. Dang laptop just doesn't recognize it, even with the software loaded! Or, can you tell us what you got? Borrow pictures from other parts of the site, like for matchbooks we might not have, etc?

Sorry, I just love seeing what everyone got. It's better than Christmas!

Tacky

L

I dont think the trade has to die. Someone can just volunteer to organize the next one...like maybe an end of summer trade off or something.

:)

I would be happy to organize the next trade! I was thinking something mid-summer. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for stepping up and volunteering Debbiedotikido! Why don't you PM Bogie to see if he has any past wisdom to impart about the trades. Check your mail, I sent you a PM.

I just got my package today! AWESOME! When I FIND my camera, I'll post pictures! Thanks again, Big Kahuna!

I had actually PM'd Bogielocks to see if he wanted to pass the mug swapping torch to me, but I'd rather not step on any toes. I just didn't want to see such a fun thing come to an end.

How about an International Tiki Day Mug Trade?

On 2009-04-24 11:39, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I had actually PM'd Bogielocks to see if he wanted to pass the mug swapping torch to me, but I'd rather not step on any toes. I just didn't want to see such a fun thing come to an end.

How about an International Tiki Day Mug Trade?

No Worries! I figure when the time rolls around for another trade someone will do it. You or me as long as we have fun ! I will PM mid to late summer for the next trade! :)

Tiki Bob took our box sent from MINITOR!!!

Then he hid it from us!!!!!

Ah, but once we found it, look at what great things that were delicately wrapped and arrived intact from MINITOR.

Thank you so much, we are looking forward to the next trade!

Tropical Icebergs 8)

Z

I'm not sure when it will be...

Not sure who will be in charge...

Sure that I'll be eagerly participating, with the "Tiki Tradeoff Fruitcake Item of...Doom!"

~Zero

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies