Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Tiki Mug Tax Day Trade Off

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 9:31 AM

Shipped north, last Friday outta the country...

S

On the way!!!!!

Mine is going Thursday...can't figure out what to send, but I have narrowed it down. BTW...I ship Priority Mail...

PTD

shipped saturday...received today

P
Pyro posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 6:57 AM

shipped yesterday!

Shipped way westward on Monday!

R

Shipped mine out today, to a fellow Southern Californian.
You should have it by Friday!

As promised, my package will ship USPS Priority Mail tomorrow...

Had the most difficult time deciding what to send for this trade, since my "tradee" is a good friend and I owed them a favor already. So in addition to the trade, this is also a "thank you" for a past good deed not forgotten.

Took the liberty of insuring this package, since I don't trust the hammerheads at the Post Office.

Thanks again Rick for putting this together again and I look forward to the next go round.

PTD

Got my Stuff!

Cool!

Will post photos on the 15th!

Cheers!

Got mine yesterday after a crappy day at work. Many mahalos; the decorated box made me grin like a fool. Waiting to open it, just because (although I doubt I'll make it to the 15th).

Pictures then.

Sent one on Saturday & received mine today!

Received mine today and it's awesome! However, I'm committing my old crimes again. I shipped the mug yesterday via ExpressPost, which is pretty quick, but being that it has a long way to go and a border to cross AND a holiday weekend I'm afraid it may not make it before the 15th. To my recipient, I'm sorry! You'll find out who you are soon, but maybe not soon enough...

S

Got mine, safe & sound.

Our package has arrived..and is now in safe hands...anyone else needing safe hands ...please forward your packages.

LT

Sent out today - should arrive on Monday! :drink:

P
Pyro posted on Sat, Apr 11, 2009 10:22 PM

Got mine, safe and sound.

Received & shipped!

Haven't got mine yet but I've been working on my taxes and I should be getting a hefty refund, yay!

M

Got my federal return (spent it), got my state return (spent that too!),got my tiki mug...life is good.

T

Got my box a couple of days ago and boy was it awesome.

Well my box arrived safely it looks like and I got mine safe and sound. Cant wait to see everyone's pic's! And for those people that have not done thier taxes yet you better hurry up!! :)

C

I have been out of town for a week, I came home to no boxes (signed on for two swaps). I am staring anxiously out the window waiting for my mail carrier!

Both of my packages arrived intact.
I sent mine somewhat late. I had a Right shoulder surgery which of course I knew about only about a week in advance and in addition my L index finger is broken so I am very dexterity challenged. Packing was cumbersome and ultimately I had to enlist my spouse in aiding me.

Hopefully that will exclude me from too much bad karma.
I am typing with 3 fingers and a thumb of my non dominant L hand. Fun!

I see by delivery tracking confirmation my shipped package arrived at it's destination. Sendee, did it arrive safely?

Still looking for mine!

PTD

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Apr 13, 2009 8:29 PM

Got mine today, YEA!!! I'll have to post pics tomorrow or late Friday as i will be away from any internet access in between those times...

T

Got mine on Saturday! WOO HOO! Great stuff!

Oh, anybody know how to file and extension?

Slaving over taxes

How to pay, how to pay

A big box came in the mail today

Hooray Hooray

Shipped mine off the other day

Should be well on its way

DC

T

Both of my trades came in over the weekend while I was at Viva Las Vegas. Even though I came home broke, I had two very nice surprises waiting to be opened. Can't wait to see all the cool stuff sent by all. Thanks to both of my traders.

Mike,

T

On 2009-04-13 21:34, tikitees wrote:
Got mine on Saturday! WOO HOO! Great stuff!

Oh, anybody know how to file and extension?

Got my package yesterday, I'll post pix soon...

To file an extension, you need form 4868... but here's the kicker... you have to estimate what you may owe (somehow, without actually doing your taxes yet!) and pay by midnight tonight! You can pay on-line, though.

Grrr! Enough of this terrible tax talk... what a relief we have this awesome mug trade to sooth away the pain...

Mahalo Bogielocks!!!

L

It's April 15 on the East Coast so I am posting my stuff :)

My tradee was TikiPops and I say mucho mahalos for the Tiki Farm mug, toothpick holder and fine postcards from your Maui trip. (none of which I had)

Hope everyone made nice with the IRS and no one has to pay .

Thanks again Bogie for organizing this. My only question is...when we all doing the next one???

:P

M

And its the 15th on the westcoast now! Thanks to Tiki-Atari I'm going to have a nice tax day today.

Nice tiki mug, looks like it was the first one out of the mold, very clear details. An idol, Trader Vics Atlanta matches and swag, and an Elvis ukelele card. We were married at the Graceland Chaple in Vegas, so Elvis is always appropriate!

Thank you Tiki-Atari!!!

Happy Tax Day!
Received my gifts from debbiedotikito!

Great artwork on the box!

Then, I get a Very nice Tonga Room Mug!

And even more Goodies!!!
Tonga Room Postcards, Swizzles and picks!
And a great pocketiki!

THANK YOU DEB!!!!!
Cheers!
Bob

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2009-04-15 05:54 ]

JB

I got my fabulous trade mug from Rantiki! (Also included was some always needed cocktail umbrellas, a pin, an original Tiki Farm catalouge, a key cover and a piece of original tiki art by Rantiki)!

Mahalo!

Bongo Bungalow really hit it outa the park for me! First, the artwork on the box is fabulous! (Have a look at my avitar and you'll see why!)

After opening the box from the bottom, I found a big Trader Vic's bag full of goodies: a Trader Vic's menu, three first-rate exotica albums (including one with a Tiki on the cover!) and a Trader Vic's tumbler to round out my TV collection!

Thanks Bongo!! And thanks also to Boogie for putting this together! Tax Day doesn't hurt so much now!

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2009-04-15 06:25 ]

T

Two trades this time. First up is from Pyro. A very cool mug, a tiki, shell necklaces, umbrellas, & greeting from Florida.

Pyro, Thanks again for all the cool stuff, Mike

Second trade came from Tikipaka. I knew I was in for something good when I saw the box.

Very cool art work.
Here's what was inclosed. 3 mugs, Jekyl & Hide, Harvey's Lake Tahoe, & surfing girl. A tiki pendant, A Beachbum Beery Zombie & misc. post cards & a sticker.

Tikipaka, Thank you for a great trade.

Bogielocks, Thanks for putting this together again.

I have to go to work now so I can keep the IRS happy.
Mike

On the day my doggie died :( I got a cheer-me-up package in the mail from Mrs. Tiki Pug. The outside of the package was intriguing with lovely tiki tape:

I was greeted with a nice note and sticker (Mr. Tiki Pug let me know that this was really from Mrs. Tiki Pug and he accidentally signed from him but I just had to include a pic of the cool notepaper!):

Inside, more goodies...

and an awesome Tiki Bandit from Frankies...

Thanks for the awesome stuff Staci! The great package was followed up by a gracious offer to join Mr. and Mrs. Tiki Pug for drinks if I ever get myself out to Vegas. Thanks Jason and Staci!

And finally, RIP Roxy (the best dog in the whole world). I know this is off topic, but losing her will always be intertwined for me with my tax day trade-off memories:

U

Yesterday I received my goodie box from Coco Joe and it had a lot of good stuff. First was a green Kon Tiki mug from Tiki Farm (my first mug from TF). Also included was an Elwood Funko Tiki Shriner figurine, a lighter with bottle opener from Tiki-Ti (Coco Joe took the time to Google me and found out I also collect bottle openers and corkscrews), 3 swizzle sticks, a Good Luck matchbook, a dinner napkin from Trader Vic's, plus business cards from Bosko and 8Ball. I gotta start rearranging my shelves :). Thanks muchos, CJ.

after seeing all of the pictures, i am really looking forward to participating in the next one...

I received an incredibly thoughtful package from Kikkietiki last week.

She included a tiki shirt to add to my collection, a United States Lines Volcano mug, a bamboo bracelet, a monkeypod pineapple filled with a kukui nut bracelet and necklace, a little tiki candle, and her husband carved me a Tiki Bob candle. :D

Thank you, Lelia, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Big thanks to Eric October for all my great stuff. The picture of Pig the Pug was the best! And the cookies lasted about 1 hour.......

Tacky Tiki went all out! Thank you so much!

Opening to view the first layer.

Drink card

Drink lanterns

Chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Swizzles.

Next layer.

Drink decor.

Frankie's matches.

Drink umbrellas.

Kona coffee.

Mr. Bostons

Hawaiian history book.

Trader Dicks/Vics postcards.

Drink napkins.

Monkey pod bowl and shell necklaces.

Coconut monkey.

...that said...

with an awesome little float inside.

and last but not least, 2 mugs I didn't have.

Thanks again Tacky Tiki!

Just as I was starting to think my package would be late, lo and behold, as I eagerly opened my P.O. Box door this afternoon, I saw the familiar orange tag with a key attached...I wondered who drew my name...

Any guesses??

Opening the lavishly decorated box I find an envelope.

Inside the envelope are a couple of "Go Tiki" stickers, a "Go Tiki" business card and a nice card from GoGo and Dani!

The first mug I open up is a nicely finished and glazed double-sided tiki mug.

Next in the line-up is a number 8/25 Owl-tiki double handled tiki mug. I am pretty sure that aside from my shark mug, this is the first animal/tiki combo I own.

And to round it all of, an excellent 2/25 Bali-High ceramic mask and card.

All together now!

Mahalo mucho to Dani and GoGo for the excellent package and gifts.

Thanks again to Rick for putting this together, again, it almost made the sting of paying 20K in taxes this year go away!

PTD

P
Pyro posted on Wed, Apr 15, 2009 4:06 PM

I got lots of great stuff from Tiki Shaker. Thanks! Definately brightened up my day.

Just got home and found my tax-day surprise waiting.
Big mahaloz to my trader, not sure who you are... there was no name on the box or inside.

Here's the diggs: Libby's tiki mug; Big Hawaiian Luau CD; groovy Don Ho Show reel-to-reel; Typee by Herman Melville and a Hale-Tiki swizzle.

Woo hoo, can't wait to do it again!

Aloha,
:tiki:

T

Big thanks to Tiki Royale for the great stuff for my very first trade off! Can't wait to do it again!

[ Edited by: tikitees 2009-04-15 16:20 ]

C

I signed on twice and therefore got TWO big ole goody boxes yesterday!

This MASSIVE mug and cool S&P set came from Staredge. I think this may end up being my Tiki Oasis mug this year. I like having a large handled mug in my hand that weekend. Thanks SO much!

And this box of pure joy came from Sweet Daddy Tiki. I giggled with happiness when I saw the Gilligan's Island dvd and the Vic book! New little mean green mug for my collection too. Thank you!

This is SO much fun guys!

Got my package, a older Bali Hai mug with the OMC sticker.

Thanks LOL Tiki

DC

My trader was catmomma, she put together a great package, with a mug I didn't have, and a buch of other goodies.

this was fun, when is the next one.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies