Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Tiki Mug Tax Day Trade Off

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

Hey DC,

I will be matching names on April Fool's Day. That's the cut-off date..

Rick

Bogie,

How are you doing with getting all of the names and mailing addresses? I remember we had some lagers for the X-Mas trade off.

DC

DC,

Everything seems to be on target with the change of sending me the shipping addresses when signed up. I'm planning on double-checking this weekend.

Cheers!

Rick

Z

I know I can't be the only one already digging around for something that is just too cool not to pass on...
~Zero

I've got the box all set... but waiting on the mug selection, 'cause I'll match to the individual, if I can.

In

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2009 11:35 PM

In for sure! Glad I'm not to late, I'll be sure to add goodies...

Would it be frowned upon to opt in if all one has is a mug to send and no goodies to go along with it? I looked at the past pictures of packages and it leaves me feeling a wee bit intimidated to join the mug exchange...

please join in......its not how much you send out..or how much you recieve...

its all about the fun of getting something from a fellow tikicentralite

you cant buy fun like this....

Last call on traders for the Tax Trade Off.

I'm going to close the sign-up this coming Friday. I know it's a week early but I think we have just about everybody who'd want to trade. Plus, it would be easier for me to get things working on a weekend. Lastly, my special name matching machine will be working this weekend. (OK, my kids will be here, who love to draw the names)

Mahalo to everybody so far..

Rick

I got no response to my earlier post...is it okay to sign up if all you have is a single mug to send? I do not have any goodies to go along with it, although I am looking and hoping to come up with something.

On 2009-03-18 08:00, Kikkietiki wrote:
I got no response to my earlier post...is it okay to sign up if all you have is a single mug to send? I do not have any goodies to go along with it, although I am looking and hoping to come up with something.

Please join in! :)

T

I'm in again. It was a blast last time.

On 2009-03-18 08:00, Kikkietiki wrote:

Hi Kikkietiki,

Closettiki responded to your question, in fact did a fine job. Please join us, it's all about fun. The goodies are just some added fun. They don't have to be tiki, they could be post cards from your neighborhood, a recipe book from a local restaurant, etc. That's just some ideas. There's no need to send anything other than a mug.

Hope to see your name among the traders..

Cheers!

Rick

CJ

I like this

CJ

I like this

Okay, I am in and I'll try my best! This gives me an excuse to step up my visits to our local thrift stores in search of goodies!

L

On 2009-03-19 08:27, Kikkietiki wrote:
Okay, I am in and I'll try my best! This gives me an excuse to step up my visits to our local thrift stores in search of goodies!

Or feel free to just send your trader cash stuffed into the mug. Big bills are always best!! :wink:

(that was a joke. I take check and money order too!)

On 2009-03-19 08:28, leleliz wrote:

On 2009-03-19 08:27, Kikkietiki wrote:

Or feel free to just send your trader cash stuffed into the mug. Big bills are always best!! :wink:

(that was a joke. I take check and money order too!)

But I live in California...I'll have to stuff it with an I.O.U.!

I'm in again. I don't want Mr. Pug to have all the fun.

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Mar 20, 2009 8:10 AM

I'm in too. With a handmade mug.

I'm in, I would like to play too!

B

Hey All,

Please note: I just found out from my work place that I will need to be traveling from 3/30 to 4/4, so I may either be late, or early getting my trade in the mail depending on when the trade names are drawn.

Lot's of people in on this...fun, fun, fun!

L

I'm just bumping this because the cut off date to participate is Wednesday.

I for one am ready to get to swappin!

Actually, the cut off date was last week. I changed it so I wouldn't be so under the gun to get ya'll matched up...

Check for your matches later tonight. Get ready to have some fun...

Rick

U

If it is not too late ukutiki is in.

L

even better! thanks as always !

Got all my stuff together!
Looking forward to my Match!
Cheers!

Z

As the great philosopher j. Quagmire once said,
"Allll Right!"
Now comes the fun part...Hope you're ready, 'recipient!'

~Zero

Waiting to hit the surf in August!

C

boxing up my packages today since i ma going out of town this weekend for a week. Hoping to get a match tonight so I can run to the post office tomorrow! FUN!

Aloha Fellow Traders...

You should have your trade's shipping address PM'd to you today. This time around I just going to give you the name and post the generic letter here. It's easier on my cut and paste fingers.. He he he

So, all I need you to do is...

1. Ship as soon as possible. Let's try and get everybody's in the mail by next Monday. We have a deadline!
  2. When you ship your mug, PM me so I can check you off.
  3. When you receive your mug, let your trader know via PM (this time).
  4. Post your pictures on April 15th, and bring this thread to the top of the list
  5. Just have FUN!

Let the trading begin...

Rick

L

Good-o! Except I just spent 20 minutes reading every post my tradee has written and checked my tradee's ooga-mooga and I can't determine if my tradee has any of the stuff that I am sending.

SO to my tradee...if you have doubles once you open my package remember it was sent with a great heaping of Ohana and just a tad bit of hope that you aint got it!

(and if you do got it just fill it with mai tai and suck it up anyways!)

Z

::doing the overly happy ohana dance::
I feel like a kid on his birthday already, just watching my package go out!! This was such a great idea!!

I would lke to be added to the permanent trade list, Bogie... PM me every time this goes on!

~Zero

BK

I can't espouse the virtues of bubble wrap enough, folks! Let's shoot for zero casualties & have fun!!!!! Mahalo!
Rick

I did find a couple of little goodies to send with my mug. Yay! I feel worthy now.

On 2009-04-02 09:07, Big Kahuna wrote:
I can't espouse the virtues of bubble wrap enough, folks! Let's shoot for zero casualties & have fun!!!!! Mahalo!
Rick

YES! Pack 'em like somebody's gonna kick 'em down a flight of stairs!

T

On 2009-04-02 10:58, SilverLine wrote:

On 2009-04-02 09:07, Big Kahuna wrote:
Rick

YES! Pack 'em like somebody's gonna kick 'em down a flight of stairs!

You've met my postman? He's cute but I swear he drops everything because he likes the sound of broken things.

Just Shipped!

Cheers everyone!

Bob

TT

I mailed mine off, found some fun Hawaiian stuff on the way home from the Post Office, and when I got home there was a box of Tiki Goodness on my front porch!!! I wonder what's inside????

:drink:
Tacky

On 2009-04-03 16:06, Tacky Tiki wrote:
I mailed mine off, found some fun Hawaiian stuff on the way home from the Post Office, and when I got home there was a box of Tiki Goodness on my front porch!!! I wonder what's inside????

Tacky

You can open it, just hold off posting pictures until Tax Day...

TT

Somehow that doesn't seem right, since there are so many who are farther away and won't receive theirs for awhile! Like Tikiracer! I'll wait a bit-it makes it more like Christmas anyway! Is it a Tiki Farm? A vintage restaurant mug? A coconut mug? Are there extra goodies? Is it a bucket mug? A moai? I wanna know!!!!

Darn this is fun!!!!

Tacky

Z

Shipped!

Wa~HOO!
Zero

Z

Shipped!

Wa~HOO!
Zero

T

Two packages shipped today. One to NorCal, & one to Michigan. Just a little tease for two of you!!

M

In spite of the Post Office messing with me by closing the lobby on Sat, got my package into their caring gentle hands today. On its way somewhere south and east of San Francisco.

My package has been sent. Keep an eye out!!!!

Sent through the reef, catching the tropical currents and bobbing to its intended island in the heart of the continent... that is "shipped!" {And received, I understand.]

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2009-04-07 14:27 ]

T

Shipped! :D :D

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Baby!

Oh course, I waiting till the last darn minute! :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies