Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Tiki Mug Tax Day Trade Off

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

M

Then he hid it from us!!!!!

Hid it? but how could you not find something in such a sparsely decorated room???

Glad every thing blends in whether its inside or outside the box!

FINALLY I found my camera! TA-DA!

Thanks again Big Kahuna! I loved it all!

BK

OK! POS camera is finally working again, for now. Big Mahalo & huge thanks to KiltedTiki for the kickass package I received many moons ago. And now without further ado:
An Orchids R76 & 3 way-kool Tiki Farm shot glass/mini mugs, none of which I had.

A very kool pendant.

Awesome Kilted Tiki long sleeve T. Check out the graphics on this baby! Shirt is a XXXL & I'm just an L so Mrs. Kahuna is gonna turn it into a pillow for the lounge.

Thanks again, KT for the great stuff & Rick, sorry to see you ride off into the sunset, but thanks again for a job well done.
Mahalo,
Rick

P.S.: No Casualties!?!?

T

Yay! I'm finally up and running on my new Macbook with Photoshop installed and ready to process some pix!

So, I received an enormous box from Tropical Icebergs... I opened it up, and EVERYTHING was individually wrapped! I felt like a kid on Christmas! or, no, like it was my birthday, 'cos all the gifts were for me!!! There was a lovely note from them, too!

I started unwrapping... one of the first things was a great CD of Hawaiian music... popped it in the CD player and it was the perfect soundtrack!

Here's a list of the incredible haul:
The Hawaiian CD
A coconut monkey
A pineapple shaped bottle of pineapple scented bubbles
A mini moai fish tank decoration (keeping my fish company as I type)
Two Hawaiian magnets
A post card from Ron Jon Surf Shop
A box of Hawaiian Host Kona Caramacs, coffee flavored caramel, Macadamia nuts, chocolate... long gone!
A 10oz. bag of Hawaiian Gold Kona coffee... delish!
A set of Surf Shack Ice Pop makers... they look like little icebergs... a nod to "Tropical Icebergs", perhaps?
A deck of Tiki Drink Cards
A t-shirt for Tiki Tok bar and restaurant in Cozumel
A Tanuki mug from Benihana of Tokyo (Very Cool!)
A green tiki mug with a Kona Coffee Grog recipe
and perhaps the oddest and coolest thing... A Trader Vic's Shingle Stain... um... thing... it's made out of cardboard, and folds in half, with a hole on the top... I believe it goes on the top of a drinking glass, and a straw goes through the hole... is there a drink called the Shingle Stain at Trader Vic's?

Oh, almost forgot... a carved bamboo tiki pendant... I put it on immediately, and it didn't end up in the pix!

And the box was filled with TIKI CONFETTI!! Can you believe they even make that?
What an AWESOME tiki haul!

MAHALO, Tropical Icebergs!!!

B

From halfway across the globe.....
A nice card

A description of the cool mug...

And a groovy pendant...

Mahalo Tikiracer!

L

So we swapped at Christmas...then in April..would the next one be at the end of August perhaps-as like a Summer swap?

Not sure if that would be an idea that anyone was into what with all the Summer events including Oasis and the Tiki Art Swap just happening so I was just throwing it out there.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-07-28 18:26 ]

Swap! SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 2:51 AM

On 2009-07-28 18:22, Sneakytiki wrote:
Swap! SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!

please, please, make it international this time :)

Yes SWAP!
if yer not gonna go international at least include Canada ( not much different at all in postage and all that ...I've had a 9 foot picece of tapa sent from texas in a box for 12 dollars so ...)
I would really dig gettin in on this !

L

We missed the end of August but what about the end of September?

Is anyone interested in a mug swap or is the general consensus we just wait until Christmas?

We could make the cut off Sept 20 then make the cut off for sending your trade Sept 30 then the 1st 2 weeks of October we could all be posting our trades. That should get us through until the holiday swap.

I will organize it if you all want to trade (or anyone else can if they want) seeing as how I have the free time to do so.

Any thoughts? Yay or nay?

I'm in!

Here's a bongo-headed idea: maybe it would be fun to do a swap of any-tiki-thing-but-mugs. Just a thought.

I'm in no matter what.

oooohhhhhh.....COUNT ME IN....

yes ! , sounds fun!
(can Canada play?)

L

Yes Canada is cool..so is international..why not.

If we can get more interest than its a go.

T

How about Thanksgiving for an aim to trade by? That way it doesn't interfere with everyone's Christmas preparations?

& maybe start a new thread for "Should we do another mug trade-off?"

L

Well this was discussing if we wanted to have a trade before the Christmas trade that seems to happen each year. If there was a thanksgiving trade then what would the point be of having a Christmas trade as well? Too close together.

I will start a new thread :)

Again, as in all of the others, I am in!

PTD

T

On 2009-08-31 16:33, leleliz wrote:
Well this was discussing if we wanted to have a trade before the Christmas trade that seems to happen each year. If there was a thanksgiving trade then what would the point be of having a Christmas trade as well? Too close together.

I will start a new thread :)

Sorry I should have been more clear. You can't mail anything between Thanksgiving & Christmas maybe we should move the "Christmas" trade to an earlier date instead of doing 2 trades before Christmas.

T

I'm in again for 2.

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 1:54 PM

I'm in, whichever date you pick.
Thanks, Leliz, for opening the borders :)

TT

I'm in!!!

:drink:
Tacky

yaya

L

PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD FOR THE NEXT TRADE HAPPENING AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER :

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33762&forum=5

Mahalos!

hi im in aswell and will send you my shipping address

Im in again!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies