Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 245 replies

B

Thanks for hosting another cool event at the Tonga Hut, GROG. Ogie Wogie's was Mm Mm good!
Great meeting you, Kirby, MP, Iokono Ki'i. Great work, everybody.
I'm really glad that LLT didn't show up, now that I think of it. Saved me from having to wear my Power Ranger PJ's.

M
mp posted on Mon, Apr 13, 2009 10:24 PM

What can I say, I am indebted to all of you. Thank you Grog for taking a chance on the newbie, this was the funnest art show Ive ever been in. Thank you Jeremy for having us it was cool talking to you. I am humbled and overwhelmed by the warm welcome and the positive vibe happenin all night.

Bigtikidude = Pimp, the tunes were perfect.

Cammo = Killer, I tried your aftershave and it worked, my wife let me have sex with her a second time. Thank you.

Babalu = Totally awesome, the detail in your work is insane. I can feel the long hours you put in.

Kirby = Destroyer, my son will not give me back my sweet tiki necklace.

Bowanana = Incredible, The wahine mug is so beautiful. Thank you for the little shot mug.

Tobunga = Craftsman of time and space = You are inspiring! I already hurt myself on my skate board. I didn't read the weight rating.

Buzzy = Jedi, I can tell you've done your homework. If I had the bucks, I'd buy all your tikis.

Grog = The best in the business! I'm so glad I saw your thread and your gift is a treasure in our family.

Squid = My lord and master, It was great to meet you. My squid mug sits right next to the bastard and tiki bob. I really wish I could have seen your retrospective.

Sorry about the mush, Saturday was beautiful!
MP (Zoobah)

NO MORE PICTURES FROM THAT NIGHT?

THAT'S IT!?!?

Yes, more pics please - LLT and I need to live vicariously through your posts since we couldn't go :(

AF

Here's some photo's of my trip to the Valley.

Ahhh...this must be the place!

Nice Hand-Built Bar...but no Abba-Zaba's for me, a "Hand-Built" Tonga Lei please.

Whooaa, check out the penny sized mole this guy's lip!

Bigtikidude spun the right mood all night long...very cool!

Yep, Buzzy "rolled" out his Tiki crap.

I was told this vintage light in the Hut was rescued from Kelbo's before it closed.

Tobunga made lots of cool stuff, some I now own, all "Hand-Built" of course.
(Check the Squid "Fishy" in the background!)

A Kirby piece with just the right bite!

Kirby was seen hangin' with some of the shadowy show patrons...in his custom surf jacket,
which he acquired at the Hut in a previous side deal...

And these two lovely ladies showed up for a drink with Bowana. Wow-Wee!

Not Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water, but still, Falling Water...Tiki style!

And a great big "Hand-Built" dude at the door said goodnight to me on the way out...

Thanks to GROG and everyone who was there at the Tonga Hut, I'd say it was a very good trip!

All the talented artists involved displayed more than I snapped, and you can still get some of their cool "Hand-Built" stuff!
Check out "Hand-Built Part 2" and get some Tiki!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?forum=12&topic=31985

[ Edited by: a frame 2009-04-17 09:28 ]

great low light pics A frame, thanks for taking the time to take those and post them.
good times indeed,
and good to see ya/talk to ya again.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 245 replies