Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 245 replies

GROG need Urine test...
his grasp on reality is crumbling..

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 3, 2009 8:56 AM

On 2009-04-03 07:04, Cammo wrote:
Who the heck is this MP guy???!?!!!
This stuff is amazing!

Yes, he does nice stuff.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-04-03 09:13 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 3, 2009 9:12 AM

Bai, sorry you can't get your stuff to the show, but Babalu is right, you should definitely put your stuff up when we do the online (part2) continuation of the hand-built art show after the 11th, and specify that the buyer pays for the shipping.

Yes, you should start your own thread in the "other crafts" section, and the title of the post should be By Bai . And then you should post stuff for sale in the "market place" section, and the title of that post should be Buy Bai . :)

MadDogMike won't be able to make it, but we're pretty darned filled up, so we could use the room---especially since BigFreakyDude is Djaying. He takes up alot more space than skinny DJ Lee.

And SQUID not be able to make it either, but SQUID was invaluable in helping GROG get GROG' mugs done, so GROG going to sell SQUID' crap for him even though GROG said GROG not going to sell anybody elses crap. But only if the bastard posts some more pics of crap he'll have available. Where's a pic of that neat-looking 'boat thingy" you did?

P.S. TURN AND BURN BABS!!!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-04-04 20:02 ]

crap, crap everywhere, then it's GOOD crap for sure. Bai I was looking forward to seeing your art it's fantastic! Babalu I will see you dude can't wait! :)

B

Wock the Wabbitt!

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 6:04 AM

awwww, no Bai, no Mad Doggie, and no Master Squids...sigh...

No proplem GROG, me and the boys work best under pressure.

Quick peek (crappy pic) - Here's the Three Brothers bowl that just came out of the
kiln yesterday...

this little bowl is also designed to hang on a wall...

We'll have to wock a wabbit just for you Benz!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 10:24 AM

GROG is thinking about bringing some origami GROG has done.

M
mp posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 12:06 PM

Excellent work Grog! Everyone's work looks awesome.
Thank you everyone for your nice comments about my work.
My wife and I are looking forward to Saturday. I carved
up some pendants on Fri and Sat, hoping I can get them fired in time.
MP

Welcome MP, really cool stuff! I'm diggin' the 3/4 view pendants especially the Moai toasters.

I vote with Babalu, some of those look raku? Especially these two.

On 2009-04-05 10:24, GROG wrote:
GROG is thinking about bringing some origami GROG has done.

Grog, is this http://origamiboulder.com/ you? :lol:

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 4:40 PM

Babalu like GROG's paper lettuce. I see a tiki in those folds there...can you make-um out too?

Almost forgot, this Lapaki Puka (Rabbit Hole) Bowl will be sitting on top of a table over at the Tonga Hut on the 11th with an "extra special smack down price" tag on it just in time for Easter...You can fill it with my personal favorite if you like, dark rum, a little Manhattan Special Espresso Soda, and a few pink bunny peep floaties - yummy!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 7:30 PM

On 2009-04-05 16:33, 4WDtiki wrote:
Grog, is this http://origamiboulder.com/ you? :lol:

That not GROG, but whoever it be, is genius.

GROG thinking about selling origami, and get free drawing with purchase of origami.

And speaking of genius---nice stuff Babs, and just in time for Easter. Can we fill the bowl with M&Ms?

[ Edited by: grog 2009-04-06 10:03 ]

Well, i hopped in my Time Machine to see how the Tonga Hut 1 of a kind Ceramic show turned out....
Here's one of the pictures i took....

by the way.
I will try not to be the Bull in the China shop this sat.
but no promises.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

edited for addition of smiley

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-04-06 13:58 ]

On 2009-04-05 06:04, Babalu wrote:

Quick peek (crappy pic) - Here's the Three Brothers bowl that just came out of the
kiln yesterday...

this little bowl is also designed to hang on a wall...

Nice work there Babalu! See ya at the Tonga Hut.

Here's some of my new tiki art work that I made extra special just for the art show:

Buzzy Out!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 6, 2009 7:18 PM

On 2009-04-06 14:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Here's some of my new tiki art work that I made extra special just for the art show:

Buzzy Out!

I have some tough competition in this art show!!!but im confused in this picture buzzy... Is this some sort of stab?... Are you in sum way comparing my art with sumthing that belongs next to a toilet? That is a toilet paper role ,isnt it?

T

Wow, that's f*cked up.

On 2009-04-06 19:18, kirby wrote:

but im confused in this picture buzzy... Is this some sort of stab?...

Stab?

No...

Are you in sum way comparing my art with sumthing that belongs next to a toilet? That is a toilet paper role ,isnt it?

:roll:

Um, kind of in the same theme as the earlier part of this thread.

From page two of THIS thread:

On 2009-03-10 00:11, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

On 2009-03-09 23:33, suburbanpagan wrote:
Hey everyone? What's been goin' on since I made that trip to the bathroom a year ago? Miss anything?

I've been making a lot of shit for the show:

C'mon down!

Buzzy Out!

Remember?

These were part of my "2009 Tributes Collection" by Bay Park Buzzy, available at the Tonga Hut on April 11 :

From left to right: Bowana, Bosko, A Moai(because they always sell), the UnMaori traditional Moko Maori, and yours.

I would think that all the artists that are included in my new tributes series, which is premiering and available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11, would be honored to have their works tributed by me in a brand new tiki medium. Fine!

You are no longer included in this exclusive list of artists in this series!

You've been replaced by an artist who doesn't feel offended when his work is tributed. In fact, he feels flattered when it happens!

Ladies ansd gentlemen, I introduce the newly revamped "2009 Tributes" collection by Bay Park Buzzy, featuring the inspired interpretations by Buzzy of the work of prominent tiki artists Bowana, Bosko, the Maoi still, because it will sell, the UnMoari Traditional Moko Maori, and 4WD Tiki:

Sorry Kirby! Your limited edition line of pendants has been cancelled. Here's an advance sample I just got in from China:

Instead of throwing away all 10,000 that they had already made, I had them change them up a bit so that they are no longer legally your work (and I can sell them without cutting you in on the profits. Thanks! Turned out even better for me.)

Here's one of my new not inspired by Kirby original tiki pendants that will be available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11:

Here's the extremely limited not inspired by Kirby original GROG variation tiki pendant that will be available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11:

See you all there!
Buzzy Out!

CJ

now these are some pendants I would sport

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 12:37 AM

I knew i was gonna regret asking that question....

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 5:38 AM

Now if you imagine all the shit that was sacrificed to make just this ONE pendant...

Keep going, Buzzy!

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 7:12 AM

:lol: Tiki TP!! :lol:

It's both an honor and a privilege.

Bowie

4... More...Days...

Another picture...
FROM THE FUTURE!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 8:45 AM

Buzzy thanks for the tribute, i guess...I thought i would return the favor..
a buzzy toilet paper role drum complete with toilet paper drum head

These will be for sale at the tonga hut art show in kirby,s booth... If i can stay focused, I will be able to produce about 1000 for the show... No need to have them made over seas, I have been eating alot of fiber...
Kirby out!!!

you guys are silly.
and I don't know if its a coincidence or Ironic or what?
but one of the first tiki pendants I got from Kirby looks like a Baby Ruth er uh I mean turd.
:o
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-04-07 09:48 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 10:13 AM

Speaking of crap, Squid going to make it after all, so GROG not have to sell his crap. GROG only sell GROG' crap.

Nice Buzzy drum Kirbs. Nice tribute art you got there Buzzmeister. Ruzic is right, this show is headed towards the crapper.

B

Well, we had a great firing...the trophy heads, the Kona Platter, and all of Bowana's killa stuff made it through fine. Glaze firing in a few days.

Just contacted this morning...this Lapaki Puka bowl is now SOLD! It's being mailed out today just in time to celebrate Easter at it's new owners home. :)

On 2009-04-07 12:31, Babalu wrote:
Well, we had a great firing...the trophy heads, the Kona Platter, and all of Bowana's killa stuff made it through fine. Glaze firing in a few days.

Just contacted this morning...this Lapaki Puka bowl is now SOLD! It's being mailed out today just in time to celebrate Easter at it's new owners home. :)

Nice.

Congrats!

Are you shipping with all the goodies in it?

Reminds me I need to get out and get some Easter candy.

Those bunnies look pissed! :o

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 4:36 PM

I wish i could have had sum hand made tiki mugs or ceramic stuff at the show like many other artist,but it wasnt in the cards for this time,instead i will have sum hand carved tiki pendants, paintings,mabey a few tikis and in the spirit of the hand made art thing, I came up with this guy... his name is "wannna-be-a-lono"..see ya at the show..

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 5:31 PM

Ok Kirby, that is one of the coolest things I've seen all year. I do like the way you think!

If you ever want to come down to the studio and play let me know, I would love to stick some mud in your hands.

Dude SUPPER WAY KEWL !!!

Some awesome stuff here. Babs, all of your masterpieces are, well... masterpieces! And all of the TP rolls are, well... crap! But very amusing crap :lol:

Kirby, the combined wood and bamboo is brilliant!

Kirby
for a retard you get some AWESOME ideas!

"SUPPER WAY KEWL!" to use Tyger Jymmy's exclamation

Man, everything but Buzzy's stuff is OFF the HOOK!

'specially Sai-Baba and MP and Mikey Mad Dog's offerings!

Already got my outfit ready for Saturday Night!

R

On 2009-04-08 08:40, little lost tiki wrote:
Already got my outfit ready for Saturday Night!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x infinity!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 9:36 AM

Don't be fooled people, Ruzic's not even coming to the show. The outfit is for when he and is his wife play "Matador".

wait, what?
why isn't LLT gonna be there?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

because you're going,Jeff! :lol:

it's Easter weekend,man
yet another planning disaster on Ernie's part....

wish i could go
BUT Sunrise Service with a Hangover
doesn't sound too fun...

I will be thinking of you all on Saturday,tho!

wait you go to Church?
now that is really funny.

I thought you were just protesting since you were not in the show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

General Rules

1. No discussing religion or politics. Tiki Central is not the place for this kind of discussion.

well thank heaven you can't clean pools at night
or you wouldn't of been able to go either!

R

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 1:20 PM

On 2009-04-08 12:21, little lost tiki wrote:

well thank heaven you can't clean pools at night
or you wouldn't of been able to go either!

...wouldn't have been able to go either.

Corrected by a caveman----HA!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 1:23 PM

GROG hope everybody is saving their money to buy GROG' crap, because GROG laid-off April 17th, and GROG going to need the money.

Thanks Ernie!
I'm better at spelling than grammar!

Heard you was bringing a date to the show on Saturday night...
She said she'd be able to help you with your "lay-off"... :lol:

LT

On 2009-04-08 13:27, little lost tiki wrote:
Thanks Ernie!
I'm better at spelling than grammar!

Heard you was bringing a date to the show on Saturday night...
She said she'd be able to help you with your "lay-off"... :lol:

WOW! Ernie's dating Moodona!!?

i thought it was Leonard COW-en!
:lol:

or Benicio Del Toro!

LT

On 2009-04-08 14:10, little lost tiki wrote:
i thought it was Leonard COW-en!

or Benicio Del Toro!

With the lipstick and makeup, it's hard to tell.

Ken the suit is realy Kewl I d love wearin that and driving around with a smokey the bear hat and a cigar .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 245 replies