Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tikiyaki Jungle Jet Pack Shipped Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 198 replies

I GOT MINE ABOUT 2:00 p.s.t. So Fun! The Cd will blow your tiki mind and the Mug just kicks ass! I don't want to tell you all the surprises.
"FANTASTIC Cd Jim & the guys of Tikiyaki! The sound of the breeze blowing threw the tropic air, waves crashing on the shore and the sound of a distance steel guitar .... I'm gone............... anywhere but here... Thank You. "

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-06-29 16:08 ]

My package arrived today. You guys did an amazing job on this. Very well put together. This is easily on of my favorite mugs. Awesome design. I'll be listening to the cd on my way home from work today. I'm sure it will impress like the rest of the package did.

Great job guys!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 29, 2009 4:54 PM

GROG get package today. Fun stuff. They forgot to include the hand-made one-of-kind Tikiyaki Orchestra drum by Baypark Buzzy. Other than that, everything was great.

Vote DAILY for GROG' niece:
http://tinyurl.com/p8nojd

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-06-29 16:55 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 29, 2009 4:58 PM

GROG couldn't hear any music when GROG put the Tikiyaki record on the record player. GROG think GROG get a defective record.

LT

Add one more to the list of today's arrivals. The mug and pendant are great! Nice work guys!

number 91 is in it's new home, safe and sound

OOOOHH!! So Norcal must be tomorrow!!!!!!! Can't wait!! Tikiyaki goodness!! Don't anyone 'spill the mai tai' on the swag til all 100 are accounted for!!

I can't wait til the aloha shirts come out! Tikiyaki airways logo, hibiscus, white on light blue ground, coconut buttons.....

:drink:
Tacky

T

#14 arrived safe and sound.

We've received our Jungle Jetpack! Wow! It's like a Tiki Xmas in June!
Just wanted to say congrats again for putting together a stellar
CD along with a beautifully executed concept from cover to cover.
Love the drum logo appearing everywhere and the tikiyaki airways
details. We still can't believe it!

Bravo!

Jason and Claudette

Just got mine! So excited! LOVE everything in it! They really went all out.

D

Got mine yesterday!! Yeeeessssssss!! I want to take the bag as a carry-on when I go to the PI's!! Too cool!!

Hopefully mine is waiting for me when I get home from work in a few.

TWO

Seat # 46 is now occupied. Luggage survived the trip in tact.
Awesome Jet Pack. Phenomenal CD. I've listened to it twice already. If you haven't already "GO BUY IT".

AT

Lucky(x2) #77 has arrived after what must have been a turbulent flight over the Pacific. The package was a bit roughed up but the goodies inside are intact.

Enjoying the CD - wonderful tunes and a great concept for the entire package - Mahalos.

[ Edited by: Alii Tiki 2009-06-30 17:25 ]

Nada! Maybe tomorrow?

Passenger in seat #53 is happy as a clam! Everything arrived ship shape and I'm relaxing with my mai tai and egg roll!

Awesome! Amazing! There aren't words to describe the thought and detail that went into this whole thing. And then there is the music! Sheesh! Fantastic! A tiki holiday every time you listen!

It's like tiki Christmas! Only better!

What are they going to do next?!?

Mahalo to all involved in putting this all together. Very creative people, awesome result.

I heart Tikiyaki!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Tacky Tiki

J

no signs of the Jetsetter pak here in Massachusetts. What delivery system should we be watching for - any chance of getting a tracking number - so I can stop looking out my art studio window and get back to work!

Jon Mooers
Amesbury, Mass

T

JPMartDog

Jetpacks shipped via FedEx Ground, so keep an eye out for those purple and green logo Fed Ex trucks.

Got my wings- Jim, Dave, Kirby what an awesome package! Some serious talent behind that combo of goods. Happy as a clam over here.

Aloha

Seat #73 is now on board!

Love the umbrella in the CD case! And the music is fantastic as always!

Great job all around on the concept and packaging! Any way to submit this to the Grammy's for Best Package??

R

Michigan, well that's a good sign. SO if it's not at the house tonight it should be in PA by tomorrow then. Sweet!

T

Got mine today!
I gotta say this has got to be one of the COOLEST
record / cd promo packs EVER!!
The extras are very cool, Great job!!
Want to show off the stuff here but can't.

PS The intro to the first song is great!

T

I saw the Fed Ex truck going down my street this afternoon & I knew my "Twins" had arrived.Mugs #10 & #57 are safe and sound.What a FANTASTIC package and a very fun "thread".Thanks to everyone involved.Just going to sit back and relax and listen to the "Swingin' Sounds for the Jungle Jet Set".

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2009-07-01 16:38 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2009-07-01 16:39 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2009-07-01 17:03 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2009-07-01 18:27 ]

R

Yaahoo! #92 made it through. Awesome. Mahalo!

M

Darn, I'm stuck at the security checkpoint. Guess my fedex guy is on vacation...hey hope he didn't take my bag on his vacation!!

Last seat in first class #50...tilt back...mug in hand..."Flight attendant, Jungle Jetsetter Cocktail...por favor!"...headphones on...sweet sounds! :D 8)

J

So... here it is!!!! The Fed Ex truck rolled down the hill to the Exotic Island Art Studio around 2pm today. Wow what a trip - the jetset pack is awesome. Totally love the mug and the pendant. Such perfect design! The CD is optimafabularific! Played it acoupla times and now sittin here with a very delicious Jungle Jetsetter cocktail -this is absolutely the brightest moment in our nasty 30 days of night and rain, here in Massachusetts.

Thanks guys for putting together a teeeeeriffic package and awesome CD.

Hope you are still planning a Don the Beachcomber event someday! I'm sure it would be killa!

flight #20 landed safely in Indiana today , totally cool

TT

#25 arrived safely and on-time! Sweet!

TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS Flight #022 from LAX landed safely at DCA today!

The jet taxied gently into the terminal gateway and I was greeted warmly by the home-based flight crew. After numerous cocktails in the Sky Lounge the flight attendants (actually they insisted on being called "The Stewardesses") presented me with the Official TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS travel bag, drum pendant, and activity kit. We stumbled onboard the aircraft and I sank into my plush leather captains chair. Miss Ivy hands me a freshly squeezed Tahitian Treat, strained into my large T.O. Drum mug garnished with star fruit and bruised mint leaf. Then Miss Lilly placed the Bose sound-cancelling headphones upon my head (while sinking her wet polished nails and thrusting her nimble fingers into my deep tissue neck massage...) while Miss Violet teasingly bent forward and pinned WINGS softly upon my chest. The exotic music filled my head and my mind danced madly, while erotic thoughts savagely captured my soul. Capt. Lushy advised the passengers to "light up, refresh your drinks and hold on to your packages!"

Currently at 35,000 ft and sunset drifting slowly below the clouds...nothing but water below us and stars filling the indigo sky. Miss Rose (from Tokyo) places two fortune cookies onto my sterling silver tray...

I drifted off to sleep and awoke in my Barcolounger at home...my wife staring a me saying, "So what did FedEx drop off today? Where are you going with that bag? Would you please turn that music down...I'm tring to talk to you!" Ugh!! The natives are RESTLESS!!! :P

Mahalo'z Tikiyaki Orchestra for packaging a bundle of fun & adventure!! Your music whisks me away to my "happy place". :D

#17 arrived at the gate on time!!.....this is such a well put together bunch of items....you guys didn't miss a beat..every detail was attended to...thanks for offering these up!!

#18 safe in San Diego,what an awesome package, and the cd sounds great!

On 2009-07-02 18:05, TravelingJones wrote:
TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS Flight #022 from LAX landed safely at DCA today!

The jet taxied gently into the terminal gateway and I was greeted warmly by the home-based flight crew. After numerous cocktails in the Sky Lounge the flight attendants (actually they insisted on being called "The Stewardesses") presented me with the Official TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS travel bag, drum pendant, and activity kit. We stumbled onboard the aircraft and I sank into my plush leather captains chair. Miss Ivy hands me a freshly squeezed Tahitian Treat, strained into my large T.O. Drum mug garnished with star fruit and bruised mint leaf. Then Miss Lilly placed the Bose sound-cancelling headphones upon my head (while sinking her wet polished nails and thrusting her nimble fingers into my deep tissue neck massage...) while Miss Violet teasingly bent forward and pinned WINGS softly upon my chest. The exotic music filled my head and my mind danced madly, while erotic thoughts savagely captured my soul. Capt. Lushy advised the passengers to "light up, refresh your drinks and hold on to your packages!"

Currently at 35,000 ft and sunset drifting slowly below the clouds...nothing but water below us and stars filling the indigo sky. Miss Rose (from Tokyo) places two fortune cookies onto my sterling silver tray...

I need a smoke or a cold shower after reading that.
wow!!!

my package arrived a few days ago.
thanks guys,
great stuff for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

Hoody Hoo, #31 arrived just in time for me to see the pilot demonstrating the proper way to use that little paper bag in the kit.

How many days will it take til this mugs makes it on ebay,lets watch and see .

B

#12 Just arrived after fly'in over da pacific, WOW!!! I do have a new favorite... and you boys really did outdid yourself with the goodies.. very cool.... Just listened to the cd while sippin on a couple mai tai's.. what a great evening it has been.. Mahalo's again Tikiyaki!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jul 3, 2009 6:50 AM

I couldn't believe that I got my favorite number 41 yesterday. The packaging in beyond what I thought. The music, what there is actually some music with this package, is mellow and will be a good addition to set the moods.

they even customized the fortunes in the fortune cookies !!...more attention to detail from you guys, i love it....too funny!! listened to the c.d front to back and there isn't a clunker in the bunch..this is one of my top 10 c.d's of summer 2009!!! thanks again guys !!

B

On 2009-07-03 14:41, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

they even customized the fortunes in the fortune cookies !!...

I was wondering about that..... I guess I'll have to see what my fortune is tonight...

T

Saw the mug at bongofurys yesturday & it is freakin cool!
It looks like an ancient artifact that you can drink from! Great job
On the new album and set!

FABULOUS...FABULOUS...FABULOUS!!! Swag is great and I am the happy owner of #78. I have a tradition of playing my new CDs in my car, so will get that baby rolling later today...can hardly wait.

EDIT...dayum, this cd is nothing less than SPECTACULAR!!! Just cruised through the entire experience...and it was an orgasm for my ears (did I just say that out loud). :)

I thank you and my Bose car stereo thanks you for a wonderful flight. I think I am still at 40 thou....

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2009-07-04 19:26 ]

S
squid posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2009 4:00 PM

On 2009-07-03 14:41, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

they even customized the fortunes in the fortune cookies !!...more attention to detail from you guys, i love it....too funny!! listened to the c.d front to back and there isn't a clunker in the bunch..this is one of my top 10 c.d's of summer 2009!!! thanks again guys !!

Dude...you ATE the fortune cookie??? It is supposed to be kept sealed alongside the Star Wars figures in blister packs, in order that future generations may discover them at yard sales! What were you thinking???

:D

S
squid posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2009 4:04 PM

On 2009-07-04 11:56, VampiressRN wrote:

EDIT...dayum, this cd is nothing less than SPECTACULAR!!! Just cruised through the entire experience...and it was an orgasm for my ears (did I just say that out loud). :)

eargasm... I had that once listening to Black Sabbath PARANOID on my ginormous Radio Shack headphones!

Glad you like it!

WOW #12 Poho Moko on the CD keeps calling me back, it's hauntingly fantastic. I could get nothing done all day.............

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2009 5:58 PM

I ate mine but still have one unopen

#30,
absolutely amazing.
the Mug, the pendant.
wow!!

the CD so amazing,
listened to it 4 times last night.

one small gripe,
the paper airplane don't fly.
:(